most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-03-2010, 04:56 PM         #361
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JerseyLegend said:
Yet it is reasonable for you to come to the conclusion that a God MUST exist based on lack of evidence or the idea that we are on our own? No one is trying to disprove God's existence, if it exist. The progression of the sciences alone is doing that for us indirectly.
You misunderstand.

The lack of convincing evidence that we popped up here miraculously is just a part of it. God can't be proven at least not with our current capabilities. Belief in God boils down to a matter of faith. Which is why I'm not in here trying to convince people God exists. All I'm doing is asking the questions that make you reconsider the information you get from science.

As far as progression of sciences indirectly doing that .. I disagree. Science explains the "how" aspect of our universe. God covers the "why" aspect. It's like an ant crawling through a kitchen. It may know what tiles are, how they are made, where they come from and how liquids and solids interact with it ... but it won't understand why we put the tiles where we do. Why? Because it doesn't think like we do. It may even think tiles are naturally part of the terrain because as long as it knows the tiles have been there.

We are ants in this universe. We understand a bit of the structure, but we don't know enough to determine this isn't someone else's creation. It's absurd to a.ssume that this meticulous universe is a byproduct of chance just because we haven't yet been able to find the definite answer to that question.
 7 years ago '05        #362
circleinsidebox 
space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 JBeezy said:
Lets say God does exist.....

He's all powerful right? He created this whole world right? He loves us all and created us in his own image right?

Explain r*pe, murder, torture, AIDS, and the COUNTLESS other terrible tragedies we're faced with...some of which on a daily basis. Shouldn't the supposed "Father" prevent those things from happening? Since, he is truly omnipotent right? Wouldn't a father do anything to protect the children he created?

Unfortunately that doesn't happen. Instead, the masses are convinced that even though God is omnipotent...he can't prevent bad things from happening....it's all the devil's fault. God is only behind good things, like you getting that promotion at work. I'm sure the little girls and boys that get r*ped by priests, their parents, etc....are comforted knowing that God is just testing them and he'd never put more on their shoulders then they can handle. He could prevent it, but that just wouldn't be his style.

Worship that? No thanks.
you are extremely misinformed terribly, if you have aim i'd love to have a one on one with you but anyway i've explained this earlier....

the story of adam and eve explains this (reasons for evil in the world), but we were created in Dios's image, but we were given the choice of "free will", in the original story eve was tricked by the serpent into eating the fruit because he told her that she would become "like" Dios or have the knowledge of Him. Adam ate it as well (why he did it is unimportant.) But their actions brought about the punishments you named, the k!lling,greed lust, etc etc are all the curses brought to mankind with original sin. Genesis 2:4-3:25 Verses 14-19 is where you can
get the details of this...

you seem to have this idea that God allows bad things to happen, not true
you also think The devil is responsible for the bad things, again not true

i explained this earlier too, so again

In the book of John they talk about this (good and bad things happening to people):

John 16:33 "and Jesus says HERE ON EARTH YOU WILL HAVE MANY TRIALS AND SORROWS)

and also in Ecclesiastes

8:14 ...."sometimes something useless happens on earth. bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people"

you need to read the bible, all of your life questions are answered in there my friend...

the book of JOB is an excellent example of something bad happening to a good person
and how he deals with it...
 7 years ago '05        #363
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
This is bulls**t, not because he's saying God did not create the universe, but because he cannot prove the creation of the universe. Nothing has been proven correct, they're all theories and remain for that reason. It's easier for a scientist to say "this may be the reason, big-bang, gases, etc" instead of "we really don't know s**t, we have a good guess, but it's no more valid than a religious one."

Don't let "science" fool you into believing them as truth. We take things as truth, yet don't have any real answers, and are mis-guided into believing the most current sensible idea, until that is found untrue. Same thing with Psychology, these are mere psedo-hard sciences, and thats how they work. Instead of questioning their methods of findings, they simply change the idea until it makes enough sense to be the most sensible answer, but the answer always changes, and even calling them answers isn't even right, mere "guestimations," and a real scientist who is looking for a real answer will tell you the same.
 7 years ago '04        #364
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,216 | Props total: 2217 2217
I honestly feel that both sides of the argument follow their sides blindly...I bet 90% of both the atheists and the religious in here don't even have a basic understanding of quantum mechanics or physics, yet they will argue as if they know something that no one else does...smh...
 7 years ago '06        #365
simplyAmazin 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,277 | Props total: 184 184
 JerseyLegend said:

The Big Bang Theory is not a theory that explains how 'something came from nothing'. It is a theory that would describe how our universe came into existence.
I know it doesn't thank you for making my point...
 7 years ago '10        #366
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,969 | Props total: 1796 1796
 1angrypinoy said:
In your case, you're too fukking stupid to recognize that "religious" folk tales have practical utility in that it teaches morality.

Who exactly wrote the Bible or any "holy book" for that matter?
yeah because only the religious can teach morality
 7 years ago '10        #367
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 circleinsidebox said:
you are extremely misinformed terribly, if you have aim i'd love to have a one on one with you but anyway i've explained this earlier....

the story of adam and eve explains this (reasons for evil in the world), but we were created in Dios's image, but we were given the choice of "free will", in the original story eve was tricked by the serpent into eating the fruit because he told her that she would become "like" Dios or have the knowledge of Him. Adam ate it as well (why he did it is unimportant.) But their actions brought about the punishments you named, the k!lling,greed lust, etc etc are all the curses brought to mankind with original sin. Genesis 2:4-3:25 Verses 14-19 is where you can

In the book of John they talk about this (good and bad things happening to people):

and also in Ecclesiastes

8:14 ...."sometimes something useless happens on earth. bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people"

you need to read the bible, all of your life questions are answered in there my friend...

the book of JOB is an excellent example of something bad happening to a good person

if you believe that,and thats the case then what is the purpose of you believing in god??? he can give you s**t,he can't stop bad things from happening even to good people,it's all retarded. yes i created everything and have all these divine powers and can listen to all your prayers but just don't ask me to keep you safe or protect the innocent cause that's a bit much for the ol man upstairs people crack me up AGAIN people will go to great lengths to believe in something they know just isn't logical or true
 7 years ago '10        #368
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 circleinsidebox said:
In the book of John they talk about this:

and also in Ecclesiastes

you're proving the point that "god" has no actual power at all,can't stop the force of nature,can't stop death,can't stop "evil" from happening yet he created all this right??? no s**t it says bad things happen to good people,thats obvious. doesn't justify the reason as to why god would allow it to happen
 7 years ago '10        #369
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 Cantankerous said:
This is bulls**t, not because he's saying God did not create the universe, but because he cannot prove the creation of the universe. Nothing has been proven correct, they're all theories and remain for that reason. It's easier for a scientist to say "this may be the reason, big-bang, gases, etc" instead of "we really don't know s**t, we have a good guess, but it's no more valid than a religious one."

Don't let "science" fool you into believing them as truth. We take things as truth, yet don't have any real answers, and are mis-guided into believing the most current sensible idea, until that is found untrue. Same thing with Psychology, these are mere psedo-hard sciences, and thats how they work. Instead of questioning their methods of findings, they simply change the idea until it makes enough sense to be the most sensible answer, but the answer always changes, and even calling them answers isn't even right, mere "guestimations," and a real scientist who is looking for a real answer will tell you the same.

who doesn't understand theory??? nobody is running around saying for 100% accuracy this is what happened......scientist study,study,study and make EDUCATED theories while others *cough....religious* just take blind guesses and improvise what they say god plan is or what he's thinking or saying.
 7 years ago '04        #370
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
read this

7 years ago '05        #371
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 beast mode said:
you're proving the point that "god" has no actual power at all,can't stop the force of nature,can't stop death,can't stop "evil" from happening yet he created all this right??? no s**t it says bad things happen to good people,thats obvious. doesn't justify the reason as to why god would allow it to happen
i did not say any of that, your misinterpreting my words....

you keep saying god ALLOWS things to happen you seriously need
to erase that out of your memory....

the reason there is death and destruction is because of the SINS of the original
man and woman the first occupied this earth.....

you need to read the story of adam/eve to get a great idea on what
i am trying to elaborate on, but this is short example of what you will find

17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'
"Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it
all the days of your life.

18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.

19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return."

this is all the direct result of adam and eve's sin

please read Genesis Chapter 3
 7 years ago '05        #372
maddnyss 
space
space
$611 | Props total: 0 0
BIG BANG???!!!

WAIT, WAIT... WHO CREATED THE CHEMICALS/EVENTS/ELEMENTS THAT CAUSED THIS BANG TO HAPPEN??? SPEAK UP MR. HAWKING. I CAN'T HEAR YA, BRUH. GTFOH.
 7 years ago '04        #373
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
 circleinsidebox said:

the reason there is death and destruction is because of the SINS of the original

17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'

you will eat your food
for dust you are

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #374
illement 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,476 | Props total: 1526 1526
 Metalzoa said:
You misunderstand.

The lack of convincing evidence that we popped up here miraculously is just a part of it. God can't be proven at least not with our current capabilities. Belief in God boils down to a matter of faith. Which is why I'm not in here trying to convince people God exists. All I'm doing is asking the questions that make you reconsider the information you get from science.

As far as progression of sciences indirectly doing that .. I disagree. Science explains the "how" aspect of our universe. God covers the "why" aspect. It's like an ant crawling through a kitchen. It may know what tiles are, how they are made, where they come from and how liquids and solids interact with it ... but it won't understand why we put the tiles where we do. Why? Because it doesn't think like we do. It may even think tiles are naturally part of the terrain because as long as it knows the tiles have been there.

We are ants in this universe. We understand a bit of the structure, but we don't know enough to determine this isn't someone else's creation. It's absurd to a.ssume that this meticulous universe is a byproduct of chance just because we haven't yet been able to find the definite answer to that question.

Why is it "absurd" exactly? Because we don't understand at this point?

For the universe and everything in it to have been created could have just happened. Why is that so hard to believe? Because it seems "perfect"? Who's to say that some other galaxy light years away from ours doesn't have an even more perfect planet? More habitable than Earth? With much more plant life, a variety of different animals and oceans and other elements not from Earth? They may think theirs is too perfect and nothing can exist, yet here we are. I'm not saying it couldn't be "god"'s hand, but simply asking why it would be so hard to believe that something outside of a higher power HAD to have had a hand in the universe's creation. There's an infinite amount of time for everything to have happened. I agree that with the Bing Bang theory the odds are astronomical, but be that as it may... No matter how small the odds, it's as guaranteed. Take a symphony. If I give you a week to teach a monkey he would never learn it. Now, add an infinite amount of time (not counting death) to that and it's guaranteed that that monkey will learn to play said symphony. It's too much s**t for our brains to truly ever comprehend everything. The more we learn, the more questions that arise. Damn, I said I wasn't going to post anymore but, whatever.
 7 years ago '05        #375
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 Scoop said:

[pic - click to view]

thats purely misinterpretation , first of all the Sin existed even if they had knowledge of it or not, so that argument is debunked! that's saying that if you tell your child not to do something and he still does it, he isn't wrong for doing it because he has no concept of it, the action itself is wrong, regardless if you can comprehend it or not...and Dios told adam he would die if he ate from the tree please read before you post inaccurate information

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Last edited by circleinsidebox; 09-03-2010 at 07:18 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #376
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
no, you misinterpreted

how is telling them the difference between right and wrong? they dont know it.

lol religion people are so fail.

many studies on religiousity and IQ have occurred and the results consistently show that as education levels decrease, as unquestioned belief in religion increases.
 7 years ago '10        #377
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 circleinsidebox said:

you will eat your food
for dust you are

ahhhh yes silly me,bad s**t happens to innocent people because of an apple that was eaten a loooong time ago
 7 years ago '04        #378
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

notice how the more education you get, the less you believe in fairy tales. lol
 7 years ago '04        #379
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 circleinsidebox said:

and also in Ecclesiastes

I grew up Catholic. Went to Catholic school....took religious education classes, went to church weekly...the whole nine.

Then I started to think on my own and realized none of that s**t makes ANY sense.

Edit: Do those of you sputtering this Adam and Eve s**t know how f**king ridiculous you sound? God created everything...is omnipotent...but can't prevent sin because of Adam and f**king Eve?

That just proves one of two things. Either God (pretending he's real) isn't truly all powerful or he is in fact all powerful and chooses to let people get r*ped, k!lled etc...because of the actions of TWO PEOPLE a LONG a.ss time ago.

You're either worshiping someone who's incompetent, or a d!ck. Good luck with that.

Last edited by JBeezy; 09-03-2010 at 07:31 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #380
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 CaliIsActive said:
idk why anyones arguing with homie

Using all these excessive smilies just shows how childish he is

and must be really butthurt in life to be this hysterical
let me sum up your post..........

CaliIsActive said:
i have nothing to say or contribute in a logical manner.....im talking outta my a.ss right now
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy