Sep 2 - Stephen Hawking: God did NOT create the Universe

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
205 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-02-2010, 06:00 AM         #1
21466 pageviews
568 comments

Boyce Codd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sep 2 - Stephen Hawking: God did NOT create the Universe

SOURCE:
[pic - click to view]

Stephen Hawking: God did not create the Universe | Mail Online

[pic - click to view]

The universe was not created by God, scientist Stephen Hawking has said in his new book.

Professor Hawking believes the laws of physics were behind the Big Bang instead, in a challenge to traditional religious beliefs.

In The Grand Design, extracts of which were printed today, Prof Hawking concludes: 'Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing.

'Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.

'It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going.'

The book, co-written by American physicist Leonard Mlodinow and published on September 9, sets out to contest Sir Isaac Newton's belief that the universe must have been designed by God as it could not have created out of chaos.

He cites the 1992 discovery of a planet orbiting a star other than our Sun.

'That makes the coincidences of our planetary conditions - the single Sun, the lucky combination of Earth-Sun distance and solar mass - far less remarkable, and far less compelling as evidence that the Earth was carefully designed just to please us human beings.'

Prof Hawking had previously appeared to accept the role of God in the creation of the universe, writing in A Brief History Of Time in 1988: 'If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason - for then we should know the mind of God.'

He also leaves open the possibility of life on other planets and entire new universes - the so-called 'multiverse'.
HAWKING ON GOD

A Brief History of Time, 1988: If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason - for then we should know the mind of God.'

The Grand Design, 2010: It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going

theoretical; physics known as M-theory, a form of string theory, could be the 'holy grail' that will explain everything in the known universe.

Physicists have long sought after a universal theory that unites quantum theory, matter at the sub-atomic level, with gravity which explains how objects interact.

He says: 'M-theory is the unified theory Einstein was hoping to find. The fact that we human beings - who are ourselves mere collections of fundamental particles of nature - have been able to come this close to an understanding of the laws governing us and our universe is a triumph'.

Professor Hawking has been quite outspoken in recent months over a number of issues.

In April documentary series, he argued that it is 'perfectly rational' to a.ssume intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe.

And in an extraordinary series of a.ssertions, he said Earth might be at risk from what he imagines to be 'massive ships' which could try to colonise our planet and plunder our resources.

Professor Hawking said: 'We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet.

'I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet.

'Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach.'

It would be 'too risky' to attempt to make contact with alien races, he concluded.

'If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn’t turn out very well for the Native Americans.'

And last month Professor Hawking has warned that unless the human race colonises space within two centuries it will disappear forever.

He said that our only chance for long-term survival is to move away from Earth and begin to inhabit far-flung planets.

In an interview with the website Big Think, Professor Hawking said he was an optimist but the next few hundred years had to be negotiated carefully if humans were to survive.

568 comments for "Sep 2 - Stephen Hawking: God did NOT create the Universe"

7 years ago '04        #2
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2649 2649
Um, my Bible begs to differ.
 09-02-2010, 06:23 AM         #3
Shadedvisionary  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dun dun dun
 09-02-2010, 06:38 AM         #4
WordisBond  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who doesnt know this?
 7 years ago '04        #5
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,953 | Props total: 706 706
 WordisBond said:
who doesnt know this?
I don't know it, I believe God created the universe...
 09-02-2010, 07:01 AM         #6
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GoldynChyld421 said:
I don't know it, I believe God created the universe...
Sometimes these scientists play smart-dumb n*gga.

Gravity exists because of subatomic activity between two bodies of matter. How can gravity be responsible for the creation of the universe when it is a result of the content of the universe interacting with each other? It's the classic chicken-egg qyestion.

Which came first: gravity or matter?
 09-02-2010, 07:28 AM         #7
MOSILVER7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So I take it that Stephen had a talk with GOD? Job question GOD too.....
 09-02-2010, 07:29 AM         #8
Boyce Codd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOSILVER7 said:
Job question GOD too.....
Yeah let's do that, can you phone him for an appointment?
 7 years ago '10        #9
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,966 | Props total: 1795 1795
 Perfectibilist said:
^^^ Because you've been conditioned. So well conditioned that you're afraid to look at or even think about any other possibilities.
:agreement6:
 7 years ago '10        #10
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,966 | Props total: 1795 1795
 ruff said:
Um, my Bible begs to differ.
bout as real as the harry potter books
 7 years ago '04        #11
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2649 2649
Why you making fun of my beliefs?
 09-02-2010, 07:43 AM         #12
bornleader  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i have come to realize that intelligent people who can grasp concepts like this have always known that the whole god created the universe was a ridiculous theory..Im sorry to ruin your dreams kiddies..But this is an obvious notion..So please..Drink,Smoke,Have unprotected pre-marital s3x, k!ll thy neighbor,lie,steal,cheat, burn a rosary, used gods name in vein,swing on the pope, whatever you want..No one is watching..
 09-02-2010, 07:47 AM         #13
bornleader  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
Sometimes these scientists play smart-dumb n*gga.

Gravity exists because of subatomic activity between two bodies of matter. How can gravity be responsible for the creation of the universe when it is a result of the content of the universe interacting with each other? It's the classic chicken-egg qyestion.

Which came first: gravity or matter?
who do I believe u or a world renown scientist?
 09-02-2010, 07:56 AM         #14
carl0489  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
'I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet.

'Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach.'

It would be 'too risky' to attempt to make contact with alien races, he concluded.

'If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn’t turn out very well for the Native Americans.'

And last month Professor Hawking has warned that unless the human race colonises space within two centuries it will disappear forever.

He said that our only chance for long-term survival is to move away from Earth and begin to inhabit far-flung planets.

In an interview with the website Big Think, Professor Hawking said he was an optimist but the next few hundred years had to be negotiated carefully if humans were to survive.
Is he being serious with this? These aliens would have to store up an incredible amount of resources just to survive the trip to another planet, which would undoubtedly take several lifetimes to make.

Not to mention the difficulty of navigating between objects revolving around the center of the galaxy at incredible speeds.
 7 years ago '04        #15
quick04 
space
space
space
$163 | Props total: 25 25
Im not a christian nor do I believe in that bulls**t bible or any book but I believe in a Creator. I think the big bang theory is bulls**t. If your a scientist that believes in that and want to prove me wrong all you have to do is create your own Galaxy with planets full of beings. Than ill believe.
 09-02-2010, 08:17 AM         #16
Boyce Codd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DjComplex72 said:
How about you prove that he doesn't exist......

I prayed for you.....
Isaac Newton always claimed that there was need of a God to create the universe, but
if this M-theory gets around, as what Hawkings is claiming, that pretty much covers the proof that there is no God...
 09-02-2010, 08:19 AM         #17
mixtape mutt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No one can ever prove or disprove the existence of God. Not until you meet the grave, or meet the big man himdelf
 09-02-2010, 08:19 AM         #18
Boyce Codd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bornleader said:
i have come to realize that intelligent people who can grasp concepts like this have always known that the whole god created the universe was a ridiculous theory..Im sorry to ruin your dreams kiddies..But this is an obvious notion..So please..Drink,Smoke,Have unprotected pre-marital s3x, k!ll thy neighbor,lie,steal,cheat, burn a rosary, used gods name in vein,swing on the pope, whatever you want..No one is watching..
I'm a non-believer, but that is just a plain ignorant remark.
Isaac Newton was one of the brightest, if not most brightest, men of all time. Yet he claimed that there was a God, so did Einstein and a lot of other 'intelligent people' that mixed their work in science with religion and belief.
 09-02-2010, 08:21 AM         #19
Boyce Codd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mixtape mutt said:
No one can ever prove or disprove the existence of God. Not until you meet the grave, or meet the big man himdelf
Probably not but you don't know that for sure. You don't know where we will stand in 10-100-1000 years (well probably all dead because of the climate).
 09-02-2010, 08:21 AM         #20
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't believe in the God everyone else believe. In fact I believe we were fathered by a creature who failed to take care of his responsibilities. God probably doesn't even know we exist. We are negligible. And we probably live in some creature's ball sack.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy