Young Money CEO Explains Drake's "Thank Me Later" Not Selling A Milli Its First-Week

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
241 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
393 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
14 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-31-2010, 06:16 PM         #161
KYP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Affectz said:
So Far Gone,Comeback Season>>Kush & OJ
Disagree.

I just don't like Drake...plain and simple. It's not hating but I just don't feel his music. I think he's unoriginal and formulaic. I can't stand RnB mixed with Hip-Hop. I don't mind it so much with Wiz because he's talking about s**t I like (weed, s3x, money)...with Drake, it's all bulls**t love songs...I ain't tryin to hear that...

I always hate when an album is littered with tracks "for the ladies" and I feel like Drake's entire album was just that. He sang on every song on TML. Also, he jacked his style from Big Sean...
 7 years ago '08        #162
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
muthaf**kas on their excuse game dude f**kin sucks point blank and people realized that after the 1st week and thats why his sales went down and it took him 8 weeks to go plat
 08-31-2010, 06:32 PM         #163
chameleonmarke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Swisher sweet said:
Show me a good time :celebrate0:

But still where the f**k is Up All Night
Too late for 'Up All Night'. They should've dropped that 4th instead of 'Fancy'. Radio already been playing UAN and people have been downloading it more than Fancy or another other non-single. By the time Fancy's run is over, radio isn't gonna wanna pick UAN back up.
 08-31-2010, 06:34 PM         #164
chameleonmarke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WBD said:
putting your most popular hit out before even having a record deal and a cd to put out isnt bad marketing?
That doesn't even make sense. His label only released Best I Ever Had because it was becoming a hit..not the other way around.
 08-31-2010, 06:52 PM         #165
Mase Ja  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
up all night should be da next video realeased...............that track is fire................
 08-31-2010, 06:53 PM         #166
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chameleonmarke said:
Too late for 'Up All Night'. They should've dropped that 4th instead of 'Fancy'. Radio already been playing UAN and people have been downloading it more than Fancy or another other non-single. By the time Fancy's run is over, radio isn't gonna wanna pick UAN back up.
 7 years ago '09        #167
MrPrez510 
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 87 87
Show me a Good Time was my s**t when I first downloaded TML. I was knockin it with the top down and folks didn't know what it was... aww yeah aww yeah!
 7 years ago '09        #168
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,704 | Props total: 6199 6199

"if we would've had that pop record"

[pic - click to view]

The whole album was radio friendly pop?What a lame excuse
 7 years ago '05        #169
thisisme 
space
space
space
$741 | Props total: 77 77
 VickSickPuppies said:
if wayne was havin trouble crossin over from the urban to the pop demographic, then drakes problem is definitely crossin over from pop to urban. hes a pop artist. he does have a few sick verses here and there though. ie: put it down
Real s**t. Drake never had the urban demographic, n*ggah too soft.
 08-31-2010, 09:18 PM         #170
chameleonmarke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VickSickPuppies said:
if wayne was havin trouble crossin over from the urban to the pop demographic, then drakes problem is definitely crossin over from pop to urban. hes a pop artist. he does have a few sick verses here and there though. ie: put it down
 thisisme said:
Real s**t. Drake never had the urban demographic, n*ggah too soft.
That doesn't even make sense. Drake has had SIX #1 songs on Urban radio. Add his featured #1's (Money to Blow, I Invented s3x, Say Something) and that makes nine. "Fancy" is about to be the tenth in about a month.

Drake has never had a Pop #1. Not even Best I Ever Had or Find Your Love.

Last edited by chameleonmarke; 08-31-2010 at 09:21 PM..
 08-31-2010, 09:21 PM         #171
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mase Ja said:
up all night should be da next video realeased...............that track is fire................
 08-31-2010, 09:33 PM         #172
chameleonmarke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ WOAT poster
 09-01-2010, 07:48 AM         #173
Anthony1106  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Realistically....times have changed, I'm not expecting anyone to sell a million in their first week no more...and neither should anyone, I still find it very commendable that most of these rappers are pulling in the numbers that they do. Props Drake, no explaination needed, but I must confess, you could have come a little Harder on your debut.
 09-01-2010, 08:05 AM         #174
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MasakoX said:
lol this b**ch cant say s**t bout those albums cuz he prolly aint even heard them. ur a clown.
i dont know hip hop? i could give you 1000 albums better than get rich

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...
Donuts
Word...Life
Moment of Truth
Strictly Business
The Sun Rises in the East
Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous
Fear of a Black Planet
Soul Food
Breaking Atoms
Paid In Full
3 Feet High and Rising
death Certificate
Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde
Things Fall Apart
Follow the Leader
Reasonable Doubt
Deltron 3030
Daily Operation

thats 40 albums infintly better than it...how many albums down is it still "one of the greatest"
so I could give you 100 albums better then those albums, its all a matter of opinion, what you feel is good music....its all opinion dip s**t.......get a grip
 7 years ago '09        #175
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,704 | Props total: 6199 6199
 Maroon_Tiger said:
i think they meant pop phenomenon... a record that would stand the test of time and be in the top 20 of this decade

every artist doesnt have millions of fans that will buy their album regardless of how good it is like eminem

you're just reaching
How am i reaching?i wasnt wanna the people saying he was gonna do this and that in the 1st place.Now that he neither did this or that its the people that hyped him that are reaching ...............for excuses

50 came out with the same kinda hype and did really impressive numbers in the year he released,i know sales are a lot lower now so its not fair to directly compare.It is possible to sell huge your debut and considering Drake has had a lot of exposure and already had an ep on billboard he should of done better.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy