Young Money CEO Explains Drake's "Thank Me Later" Not Selling A Milli Its First-Week

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #141
vazquez1085 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,835 | Props total: 252 252
Wait...so "I better find your love" wasnt commercial? LMAO n*ggaz makin excuses for his first week sales not livin up to the hype
 08-31-2010, 12:19 PM         #142
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well first his album did not flop by any means, second he lost steam cause his album leaked........and well who wants to hear a non singing dude whine on every song.......nobody but stans I suppose
 08-31-2010, 12:25 PM         #143
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 vazquez1085 said:
wait...so "i better find your love" wasnt commercial? Lmao n*ggaz makin excuses for his first week sales not livin up to the hype
thought it was going to smash grodt first week sales
 08-31-2010, 12:27 PM         #144
MasakoX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
for f**ks sake nobody thought that stfu. only morons did. mtv said that for hype. BISD was supposed to sell 500K at least what itd do 140?
 7 years ago '04        #145
WBD 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$366 | Props total: 4 4
 Dos-effect said:
Well first his album did not flop by any means, second he lost steam cause his album leaked........and well who wants to hear a non singing dude whine on every song.......nobody but stans I suppose

whos album doesnt leak.... he was nothin but hype. and hes got bad business people behind him. i mean the album was gay and soft but good marketing you can sell 3d tvs to a blind man
 08-31-2010, 12:35 PM         #146
MasakoX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
...you know he sold a million of them right? i think that aint bad marketing.

being one of the biggest artists of all time and just hitting 500K after a year is bad
 7 years ago '04        #147
WBD 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 MasakoX said:
...you know he sold a million of them right? i think that aint bad marketing.

being one of the biggest artists of all time and just hitting 500K after a year is bad

considering people were talking bout him like he was the next coming of christ and the radio forcing his soft a.ss music down our throats he shoulda sold more than that. s**t he even had the backing of everyones favorite gay rapper (wayne)
 7 years ago '04        #148
WBD 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
putting your most popular hit out before even having a record deal and a cd to put out isnt bad marketing?
 7 years ago '04        #149
WBD 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
seriously tho, unless your single(s) is a WORLDWIDE PHENOMENON, you can kiss "1mil in a week" goodbye

he still did very well... you cant name more than 5 people debuting with 500k in 2010

or your record company buys half of them...ie wayne
 7 years ago '04        #150
WBD 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
i think that drake will at some point in his career, but he needs to bring the hits on the level that he had prior to TML.. . TML is still a hot a.ss album... just lacking the substance that SFG had.... but its amazing to have like 6/+ radio singles... hes already got like 4 videos made

all that money spent to sell a million records...you would be better off making a new cd. once again bad business...if they didnt buy the album yet they arent goin to
 7 years ago '04        #151
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 435 435
which is why u shoulda saved "best i eva had"
 08-31-2010, 01:57 PM         #152
MasakoX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just an FYI...music is FREE now...stop saying years dont matter its a fact that sales are down exponentially.

in 03
Fabolous went plat!
50 went 6X plat!
The Blueprint 2.1 just an edited album went gold
Linkin park went 4X plat
BEP went 2X plat
Three 6 mafia went gold
CHINGY went 2X plat
Bow Wow went gold
T.I. went plat
hova went 3x plat wit the black album
SPEAKERBOXXX / THE LOVE BELOW went 11X plat (aka diamond + 1 plat)
Dipset went gold
Obie Trice went gold
Missy Elliot went plat
Chicken-n-Beer went 2X plat
The Neptunes went gold (who the f**k remembers that album?)
Westside Connection went gold
Juvenile went plat
DMX went plat
lil kim went plat
Murphy Lee went gold
G-unit went 2X plat
Big Tymers went gold
Youngbloodz went gold
Ying Yang Twins went plat
Limp Bizkit went plat
da band went gold for f**ks sake

source RIAA.com

lmfao its not comparable
 7 years ago '04        #153
WBD 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
i dont think they wasted their time man.. again.. you cant name 5 artists that have been more successful than drake in 2010...

dude has the perfect setup

hes got the white people and black people.. .hes got the urban/club records on lock... he sings and raps... he can act and people wont lose interest in him b/c hes got LITERALLY NO GIMMICK in his act... hes gonna be successful for a while

yeah CM/YM might have spent alot of money on him, but they were successful in establishing him as a BRAND... the DRAKE name is well known.. and hes got his own tour right now... hes winning
you mean its all gimmick right? he does do all those things but does none of them well...people are already losing interest. his buzz is losing steam...
 7 years ago '04        #154
WBD 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
nice try buddy... b/c birdman flopped and only sold 26k in his first week
ok thats why i said WAYNE...universal has no interest in puttin birdman to the top...they know he has no chance of success...Hes a 50 year old man that cant rap at all

now wayne on the other hand they wanted to make him a pop star...i know countless wayne fans and i NEVER saw anyone with a store bought copy of his cd...some of these people are past fan and on to stan and still bootlegged it where are these millions of people who bought it the first week
 08-31-2010, 02:18 PM         #155
BasedHead  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 meercy said:
his videos is a.ss for 1... ive heard ppl drop music.. and hate it.. see the video and like it...
drake.. hot a.ss record... bulls**t a.ss video....

Real talk drake was under the impression that he didn't need a good music video to sell records.. all them videos that didn't have shyt to do with the song. like i said that andrew dude who be directing all ym videos needs to be fired.
 08-31-2010, 02:23 PM         #156
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BasedHead said:
Real talk drake was under the impression that he didn't need a good music video to sell records.. all them videos that didn't have shyt to do with the song. like i said that andrew dude who be directing all ym videos needs to be fired.
 7 years ago '10        #157
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,324 | Props total: 424 424
 ajeana said:
Drake was a true FLOP !
they spent more money promoting drake than the album sales
 7 years ago '06        #158
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
at the end of the day he did what most want to do - I respect him, Now I wont go as far as to say that he's the greatest or something he just has a knack for what he does. The game needs Pimp C....
 7 years ago '06        #159
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
The game is diluted - he is good but c'mon man! I'm from the 2pac/Biggie/Master P/ Hot Boyz era. Thats when the music went hard.
 08-31-2010, 05:45 PM         #160
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rdrake said:
they spent more money promoting drake than the album sales

FACT :agreement6:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
200 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy