Why is drake struggling to sell a miilion when insiders claim his debut album would sell more grodt?

most viewed right now
 81
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 72
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 59
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 45
Steph Kegels
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 08-28-2010, 04:42 PM         #161
MasakoX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Barbie l Minaj said:
I thought Outkast was only Diamond because it was an double disc album.. Counting as 2 sold, instead of 1.
the album costs 20 instead of 10 so yes yes it does. 15 mill in america = more than 11.5 mil WW haha
 08-28-2010, 04:46 PM         #162
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MasakoX said:
the album costs 20 instead of 10 so yes yes it does. 15 mill in america = more than 11.5 mil WW haha
You're real funny
 7 years ago '06        #163
D.O.H. 
space
avatar space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
economy isn't an excuse with a high buzz artist like Drake....Em is doin big numbers this cd and last, Lil Wayne did crazy numbers, so don't use that cop out excuse....people got tired of his sound before he came out, that's what happened. The cd just isn't crazy, its all slow songs that sound alike, its dull, if there were more songs like Forever and some diversity it would sell more
 7 years ago '08        #164
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,480 | Props total: 1272 1272
 Barbie l Minaj said:
I thought Outkast was only Diamond because it was an double disc album.. Counting as 2 sold, instead of 1.
that's the only reason they went diamond.

5 million actual copies sold is still incredible though.
 7 years ago '08        #165
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,480 | Props total: 1272 1272
 D.O.H. said:
economy isn't an excuse with a high buzz artist like Drake....Em is doin big numbers this cd and last, Lil Wayne did crazy numbers, so don't use that cop out excuse....people got tired of his sound before he came out, that's what happened. The cd just isn't crazy, its all slow songs that sound alike, its dull, if there were more songs like Forever and some diversity it would sell more

No that is an excuse.

Em has a crazy loyal fanbase and is 12 years deep AND capitalized off of his buzz (something IMO interscope is pretty good at for their "bigger" artists).

Wayne did numbers before the economy crashed and had what? 2 f**king years of buildup and anticipation and hopping on 100+ songs? Plus once again, Wayne is an established artist.

The only mistake ill say Drake made was not releasing the album when he was red hot. But that's due to them never seeing the level at which Drake blew up coming. Remember, the success of "So Far Gone" was a surprise.

As for the content of the album, s**t was just like So Far Gone. I don't see how he suddenly switched it up, people should've known what the deal was.
 08-28-2010, 06:54 PM         #166
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Fifth KD said:
No that is an excuse.

Em has a crazy loyal fanbase and is 12 years deep AND capitalized off of his buzz (something IMO interscope is pretty good at for their "bigger" artists).

Wayne did numbers before the economy crashed and had what? 2 f**king years of buildup and anticipation and hopping on 100+ songs? Plus once again, Wayne is an established artist.

The only mistake ill say Drake made was not releasing the album when he was red hot. But that's due to them never seeing the level at which Drake blew up coming. Remember, the success of "So Far Gone" was a surprise.

As for the content of the album, s**t was just like So Far Gone. I don't see how he suddenly switched it up, people should've known what the deal was.
Sounds like one to me.
 08-28-2010, 08:22 PM         #167
MasakoX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh sry 11 mil in america :( hmm 500k outside of america yeah think they had that at least. dumb b**ch.
 7 years ago '04        #168
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1845 1845
 six1twan said:
Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
In September 2003, OutKast released a double album, Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. It is essentially two solo albums, one by each member, packaged as a single release under the OutKast banner; the two members also appear on each others' discs for a few songs apiece. Big Boi's Speakerboxxx is largely a funk and Dirty South blended party record; André 3000's The Love Below features only brief instances of hip hop, presenting instead elements found in funk, jazz, rock, electronic music, and R&B.[1]

The album is also OutKast's biggest commercial success yet, having debuted on the Billboard 200 albums chart at number-one and stayed there for several weeks. The album eventually sold over five million copies, and, as double-album sales count double for Recording Industry a.ssociation of America certification, the album was certified diamond for 10 million units shipped in December 2004. Its latest certification, in May 2006, reaches 11 million copies in shipping.[1]

The first two singles from the album(s), which were released nearly simultaneously, were Big Boi's "The Way You Move" and André 3000's "Hey Ya!" The video for "Hey Ya!" is based on The Beatles' landmark appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. The video's storyline has "The Love Below"—a fictional band with all members, through the use of special effects, played by André—performing in London. "Hey Ya!" was the number one song on the very final weekend of American Top 40 with Casey Kasem. It was also number one a week later on the very first weekend of American Top 40 with Ryan Seacrest. The singles spent ten weeks at number one on the Hot 100 singles chart, with "Hey Ya!" spending nineteen weeks and "The Way You Move" briefly taking over in February 2004. These singles were seen as a breakthrough for the hip-hop industry, being among the first hip-hop songs to be widely played on adult contemporary radio stations.[1]

OutKast's next official single was not released until the summer of 2004. "Roses", a track featuring both members from The Love Below half of the album, did not meet the level of success as either of its predecessors, but it became a modest-sized hit on urban radio and the American music video networks. The video for "Roses" is loosely based on the musicals West Side Story and Grease. It featured sparring 1950s-style gangs, one representing Speakerboxxx, and one representing The Love Below, parodying the widespread arguing among critics and fans as to which half of the album was better. The final singles were André 3000's "Prototype", which was paired with a science fiction-themed video about alien visitors, and Speakerboxxx's "Ghettomusick", which featured both members of OutKast and a sample from a song by Patti LaBelle, who also makes an appearance in the video.[1]

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below won the Grammy Award for the 2004 Album of the Year, becoming only the second rap album to ever receive the honor (the first being The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill by Lauryn Hill in 1999). OutKast was one of the headlining acts at the show, and gave two performances: Big Boi and Andre performed "The Way You Move" with Earth, Wind & Fire during a medley with George Clinton & P-Funk and Robert Randolph and the Family Band, while André 3000 performed "Hey Ya!" as the show closed. In February 2004, André 3000's performance, which featured dancers moving wildly around a green teepee in war paint and feathered headdresses, was criticized by the Native American Cultural Center, who called for a boycott of OutKast, Arista Records, NARAS, and of CBS, the broadcaster of the awards show. CBS later apologized.[8]

I really dont like how the RIAA does double CD's, one purchase but counts as two copies sold , so even if only 5 million ppl bought it, it counts as Diamond, 50 should've made the massacre a double CD, he was only 2-3 songs away from the limit , he could've had a diamond plaque now then. So speakerboxx and love below only pushed around 5.5, yet it sounds like they sold copies to 11 million different people.

and ppl need to stop comparing TML to GRODT, compare TML to Carter 3, even then TML is still a FLOP.
 08-29-2010, 12:00 AM         #169
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
I really dont like how the RIAA does double CD's, one purchase but counts as two copies sold , so even if only 5 million ppl bought it, it counts as Diamond, 50 should've made the massacre a double CD, he was only 2-3 songs away from the limit , he could've had a diamond plaque now then. So speakerboxx and love below only pushed around 5.5, yet it sounds like they sold copies to 11 million different people.

and ppl need to stop comparing TML to GRODT, compare TML to Carter 3, even then TML is still a FLOP.
I asked for a valid source and hey gave us " THAT".
 7 years ago '10        #170
thugworldorder 
space
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 20 20
u still trippin off dat dumb azz question that bout 6 n*ggaz den already gave you the answer to? the one you wanted to hear? let this be the last post
 08-29-2010, 10:07 AM         #171
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thugworldorder said:
u still trippin off dat dumb azz question that bout 6 n*ggaz den already gave you the answer to? the one you wanted to hear? let this be the last post

Why ? The question hasn't been answered.
 7 years ago '04        #172
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
this thread is still going?
 08-29-2010, 10:13 AM         #173
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
this thread is still going?

Is there a reason for it to stop ?

He still hasnt sold a million. :dancingcool:
 08-29-2010, 10:13 AM         #174
TeddyGramz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
9 out of 10 his fans dont buy cd's? source? proof? most of his fans are either white or women and they still buy albums. most n*ggas dont f**k w Drake. but ur white so u prolly dont know any n*ggas

fact is 50 got 9 million people to buy his album so he lived up to the hype. noone outsold 50 in 03. Drake cant sell 2 million and he's being outsold by others.

and before u argue that eminem and wayne have established fan bases I'll say so did Jay-Z and GRODT still outsold the black album. the massacre outsold the black album.

drake is succeeding but he's not a phenom game changer. he's more like a hyped up product of marketing and industry push

Drake did not bring anything new to the table everything hes did musically has been done before

I wonder if the label got a return on him cuz they promoted him like a muthaf**ka
Drake was/is overhyped and didnt sell as much as everyone was saying
Yes he did outsell other artist which is great but....
[pic - click to view]



Anyway I think his next effort will do less than this did
Folks will be over him I think
Maybe they wont
 7 years ago '04        #175
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 ajeana said:
Is there a reason for it to stop ?

He still hasnt sold a million. :dancingcool:
do u get satisfaction that he doesn't ?
 7 years ago '09        #176
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
avatar space
space
$49,102 | Props total: 22562 22562
you guys love feeding the hungry troll threads
 08-29-2010, 10:23 AM         #177
TeddyGramz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everyone should want contenders in HipHop(whether its considered hiphop by some or all)
Folks making moves should be welcomed IMO
 08-29-2010, 10:23 AM         #178
k3llz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's hard to sell a million in this day in age...it's tough


no one is selling but Eminem and idk how he's doing that...oh i know...
 08-29-2010, 10:26 AM         #179
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 braided_uppimp said:
it's hard to sell a million in this day in age...it's tough


no one is selling but Eminem and idk how he's doing that...oh i know...
Playing the race card ?
 7 years ago '07        #180
blackjewelz 
space
avatar space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
drake was never goin multi plat to begin with..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 50
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 29
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 14
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy