Why is drake struggling to sell a miilion when insiders claim his debut album would sell more grodt?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
91 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
147 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-28-2010, 01:04 PM         #101
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HUDA2daF said:
damn ts.. did drake p!ss in your cornflakes or take your b**ch?
I'm just trying to get answers, that's it.

"Could Drake's Thank Me Later Sell A Million In Its First Week?"-----Courtesy of MTV HYPE.
 7 years ago '10        #102
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
 CentsCuZ said:
It has a lot to do with the fact that TML sucks. If he'd have dropped a classic album like 50 did, he'd have sold a lot more.

^this. TML is an average album at best. To be honest I only like half of the songs on the album (which isn't good) and I didn't buy that s**t I DLed it so Drake needs to put out a better album to get bigger sales.
 7 years ago '04        #103
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,436 | Props total: 6498 6498
 ajeana said:
No, dissrespect. But I don't understand your point.
the whole point of me saying any of this was back then was the highest music sales are ever going to get as far as rap goes. from 98-05 i guess anything past that be declining like a muthafuka. everybody though 50 was gonna out do snoop first week sales( he had the highest rap debut back then with 700-800 i don't remember exactly) because rap got bigger and nobody seen a buzz just a big since then and albums was still selling pretty good. you cant bring em numbers from recovery into this because with that logic he should be at 5 and not at 2. An established artist is supposed to outdo a rookie. em might end up being the best selling rapper ever.

now with drake. he had his highest buzz in 09 with everyday people. you didn't hear him with just radio. you heard him at house parties,dorm rooms, cookouts, wherever. the machine was carrying it over til now when it started dying. his buzz died late last year-early this year with everyday people. if his album dropped the same time last year then it would of done better. it might of done or been close to 50's first week number but overall not even close. no rapper is doing them numbers now.

him getting a mill now is pretty good. what other rappers are gonna do that this year? him, em,kanye maybe,t.i maybe. thats it. to be only 4 out of whoever many rappers drop albums this year is pretty good

him out doing grodt was far fetched. him doin a mill when your buzz was at ya highest a year ago is a bigger far fetch.

now somebody put a "didnt read lol" gif on this because i know i wrote too damn much lol
 08-28-2010, 01:07 PM         #104
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TiestoFriendly said:
^this. TML is an average album at best. To be honest I only like half of the songs on the album (which isn't good) and I didn't buy that s**t I DLed it so Drake needs to put out a better album to get bigger sales.
 7 years ago '06        #105
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,232 | Props total: 346 346
I really dont see how em album sold that much. its ok but i guess he kinda crossed with the rihanna song and not afraid song. Its just Different times. Em is established as an artist and one of the greats. drake is just 23 years old, he got time to make an album that will break records. 50 sold alot of records but since the masscure he has fell off so its just too early
 08-28-2010, 01:09 PM         #106
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 agony8 said:
did u really just quote MTV...music television...the station plays what 8 minutes of music a day...kill urself really...now dont wait just go to the kitchen open the cabinet, grab the clorox n drink the whole f**king thing in one swig...
Did you buy the album ?
 08-28-2010, 01:11 PM         #107
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Poloboy69 said:
I really dont see how em album sold that much. its ok but i guess he kinda crossed with the rihanna song and not afraid song. Its just Different times. Em is established as an artist and one of the greats. drake is just 23 years old, he got time to make an album that will break records. 50 sold alot of records but since the masscure he has fell off so its just too early
Were talking about debut albums. Not second.
 7 years ago '04        #108
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Bro I'm sure you have great points and in any real life situation with some sort of judge or moderator, you would be the clear winner of this argument. And absolutely no disrespect but I did not read just because this argument shouldn't even exist.

My point is, I was doing the same thing as you in another thread with this b**ch until I realized she was clearly in it to annoy and be as ignorant as possible. Plus she is a post-op tranny who is more confused about her s3xuality than could be possible.

THINK ABOUT IT.....AJEANA IS THE UGLIEST GIRL I'VE EVER SEEN BUT AT THE SAME TIME SHE IS PROB JUST AS UGLY OF A DUDE.

THIS THING MUST BE LOST.
thats exactly why i said put the "didnt read lol" gif up there because nobody gonna read all that sh!t
 08-28-2010, 01:21 PM         #109
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 agony8 said:
what the f**k does that have to do with u quoting MTV???

mtv sucks d!ck for its music knowledge but u wouldnt know that cause ur so intuned(spelling? real word??) with pop culture that ur life revolves around it...numbers/sales...kissy face pics...shocking retarded threads...how bout forming ur own opinion u dumb c*nt n being able to coherently back it up...

to answer ur question no i didnt buy it...i got the interwebs...

If you didn't by the album, its no need for you to be here or comment on something you have no knowledge of.
 08-28-2010, 01:22 PM         #110
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So I guess you bought the CD? Bitter ex-fan huh. Drake prolly did you like that chick on stage and didn't kiss you.

#getmad
 7 years ago '04        #111
space
space
i haven't bought an album since beanie sigel's 2nd album

when you think about. what does sales have to do with u? im guessin u bought grodt?
 7 years ago '08        #112
simmons224 
space
space
space
$559 | Props total: 11 11
dude u cant compare numbers today from back then when cds sold. I bet more then a million people have some type of copy of that cd!
 08-28-2010, 01:30 PM         #113
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
So I guess you bought the CD? Bitter ex-fan huh. Drake prolly did you like that chick on stage and didn't kiss you.

#getmad

Its great to bring laughter, when you run out of valid points pertaining to this thread.
 7 years ago '06        #114
kingkoopa50 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 5 5
Ok let me sum this thread up to see where I fall:

On one side you Drake extremist saying "n*gga you cain't compare '05 sales to '10 sales"

On another side you got Anti-Drake n*ggas sayin "Sales is sales lil n*gga"

Lastly you got the Neutrals "I was hearin n*ggas sayin he gone go platinum as quick as 50 but I know aint no body buyin albums nowdays"

<<<<neutral

Pick a side and /thread
 08-28-2010, 01:34 PM         #115
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 simmons224 said:
dude u cant compare numbers today from back then when cds sold. I bet more then a million people have some type of copy of that cd!

Is this AMERICA or IRAN ?
 08-28-2010, 01:35 PM         #116
youngbasedkltn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
given drake's hype he should have sold 2 million on his first week of sales, however since drake sucks he didn't and its embarrassing that he didn't even beat eminem.
 7 years ago '09        #117
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
 daliff89 said:
i understand what TS is saying, or atleast this is what i'm going to say.....

with the amount of hype Drake got, people were talking like dude was going to sell 5 million copies and s**t

platinum isn't a flop in today's world by any means, it's a very good showing, especially for your first album

but the way people were hyping him up, saying his buzz was bigger than 50's and how he was going to sell more than 50, saying he'd be bigger than Eminem, saying he'd have the highest selling album of the year and s**t

that didn't happen.
This is basically the long and short of it,people were fully sure this year belonged to Drake and he didnt live up to it

The people saying its because its his 1st album should realize he had the media backing him like few others(possibly no other debut artist)and i doubt he will get that again so his sales will never be higher
 08-28-2010, 01:35 PM         #118
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::a greement6:
 youngbasedkltn said:
given drake's hype he should have sold 2 million on his first week of sales, however since drake sucks he didn't and its embarrassing that he didn't even beat eminem.
 08-28-2010, 01:38 PM         #119
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ajeana said:
Its great to bring laughter, when you run out of valid points pertaining to this thread.
You must be speaking out of personal experience.
 7 years ago '08        #120
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,480 | Props total: 1271 1271
Those insiders were obviously retarded. They probably overestimated Drake's marketability and popularity with female fans and thought that could overcome the fact that nobody sells CD's at the level that GRODT did. Plus, at the time of GRODT, MP3 players STILL were a bit novelty (the ipod hadn't hit it's stride yet) so CD's were the way to go.

Plus, nothing against Drake, but 50 had worldwide appeal. I haven't really heard too much about Drake outside of N. America, which isn't unusual. Wayne isn't that popular outside of the U.S. and Jay-Z's only recently acquired a loyal international fanbase. For some reason, international audiences love Eminem and 50 though.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
108 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
159 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now