Why is drake struggling to sell a miilion when insiders claim his debut album would sell more grodt?

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #81
BobTheBuilder 
space
space
$4,035 | Props total: 217 217
in 03 bootlegging was huge i remember bootlegging get rich or die trying but to this day i still havent downloaded or heard drakes album, am i missing anything groundbreaking?
 7 years ago '04        #82
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,423 | Props total: 6452 6452
 ajeana said:
u really think people was bootleggin like that in 03 on their phone line internet if they didn't have dsl? i remember on boxden where they would put real audio files up for albums because the internet on most people computer was garbage and they had to convert the files to mp3. there no normal person that was gonna do that.
 7 years ago '04        #83
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 ajeana said:
Enough of this BULL ISHHHHHHHH. 50 did 10 million in the US alone. His album wouldnt have went diamond if he didnt.
I like FIf and all man but he did not do 10 mill in the U.S., unless he sold 3-4 mill in the last 2 years. Check RIAA.com, and some other places, it was 6 mill, 7 mill at best by some sources, I dont even think MMLP has hit Diamond yet in the U.S. I dont think either has a diamond plaque, but i definetely know 50 doesn't.
 08-28-2010, 12:36 PM         #84
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
u really think people was bootleggin like that in 03 on their phone line internet if they didn't have dsl? i remember on boxden where they would put real audio files up for albums because the internet on most people computer was garbage and they had to convert the files to mp3. there no normal person that was gonna do that.
You're really in Denial.
 7 years ago '04        #85
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
In 03 Napster, Kazaa, and Limewire were pretty much on everybody's computer that I knew and the files were already in MP3 format when you downloaded them.
 08-28-2010, 12:38 PM         #86
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's a good thing I don't listen to all this bulls**t industry hype. The first time I heard TML was 3 or so weeks after it came out. Wasn't even looking into dude .. don't have a mixtape of his or anything. I'm speaking strictly on the CD presentation overall. It's actually pretty good. Yes, he didn't do the numbers people were hoping for. Who cares?

He has a nice flow and you can tell he really thinks about what he puts down for lyrics. They may not be the most creative lines but I think he has a nice delivery and the overall content of the CD is nice. Mind you I didn't pay for the copy I jammed to (buddy who was staying with me bought the CD so i borrowed it a couple times) but I really wouldn't have been mad at it.

It's kinda like the first Clipse album: both have a lot of good points but there's something missing here and there to push it from good to awesome. However I feel unlike Clipse, (which im a long-time fan of btw) Drake will get better with time. If the rumors are true then all that work he's putting in should pay off someday or the other. Maybe he might be a late bloomer. Who knows? He has raw talent though. I'm actually glad he's working with Wayne and Nicki Minaj. He may need to hang around some real lunatics to turn into one. I've always like the crazy artists like the early Missy, Red n Meth and Busta so I hope he eventually turns into a psycho with skills someday.

I did put this kind of hype up for Clipse (and Lupe) and see where they turned out. I'm hoping this isn't the best of Drake so that I can really thank him later. It would be a shame if he gets worse, not better. Quality-wise.

Sales is irrelevant to me or the quality of music. Sales is a popularity vote, not a true test of skill. It's like being the homecoming king. Sure you got the title because you're cool now, but 10 years from now you'd be irrelevant and the geek who is making way more money than you will get all the attention.
 7 years ago '04        #87
aerokid240 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,235 | Props total: 0 0
Dumb thread, Thread starter took an L when comparing em #'s to drake's. You want to compare 50 to drake? Well 50 in 2003 vs drake in 2003 = 50 won. 50 in 2010 vs drake in 2010 = Drake won. Times of chnaged n*gga, get with da times and try not to make a fool of your self by posting these RIDICULOUS comparisons. And to the dude that said Drakes buzz was bigger than waynes with C3. REALLY? Come on son. F*k outta here with that bullsh*t.
 7 years ago '04        #88
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
It's a good thing I don't listen to all this bulls**t industry hype. The first time I heard TML was 3 or so weeks after it came out. Wasn't even looking into dude .. don't have a mixtape of his or anything. I'm speaking strictly on the CD presentation overall. It's actually pretty good. Yes, he didn't do the numbers people were hoping for. Who cares?

Sales is irrelevant to me or the quality of music. Sales is a popularity vote, not a true test of skill. It's like being the homecoming king. Sure you got the title because you're cool now, but 10 years from now you'd be irrelevant and the geek who is making way more money than you will get all the attention.

08-28-2010, 12:42 PM         #89
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:

He has a nice flow and you can tell he really thinks about what he puts down for lyrics. They may not be the most creative lines but I think he has a nice delivery and the overall content of the CD is nice. Mind you I didn't pay for the copy I jammed to (buddy who was staying with me bought the CD so i borrowed it a couple times) but I really wouldn't have been mad at it.

It's kinda like the first Clipse album: both have a lot of good points but there's something missing here and there to push it from good to awesome. However I feel unlike Clipse, (which im a long-time fan of btw) Drake will get better with time. If the rumors are true then all that work he's putting in should pay off someday or the other. Maybe he might be a late bloomer. Who knows? He has raw talent though. I'm actually glad he's working with Wayne and Nicki Minaj. He may need to hang around some real lunatics to turn into one. I've always like the crazy artists like the early Missy, Red n Meth and Busta so I hope he eventually turns into a psycho with skills someday.

I did put this kind of hype up for Clipse (and Lupe) and see where they turned out. I'm hoping this isn't the best of Drake so that I can really thank him later. It would be a shame if he gets worse, not better. Quality-wise.

I'm sure he's all down hill from this point. His next album won't sniff gold. I know its not about sales but the record biz is built off it.
 08-28-2010, 12:44 PM         #90
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 agony8 said:
the real question is where did u find the real life helena bonham carter ala land of the lost for ur avy???

[pic - click to view]

try to stay on course, no personal attacks.
 7 years ago '04        #91
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,423 | Props total: 6452 6452
 ajeana said:
You're really in Denial.
how am i in denial when i seen it. i still know people that dont know how to bootlegg sh!t. back then u might of had a couple of people sellin it to everybody but now almost everybody knows how to download a cd and burn one for themselves. yea bootleggin was poppin in 03 but don't make it sound like its not as bad as it is now. a lot of people was asking me to burn them a cd because they didn't know how. as ignorant as them people were.
 08-28-2010, 12:46 PM         #92
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
how am i in denial when i seen it. i still know people that dont know how to bootlegg sh!t. back then u might of had a couple of people sellin it to everybody but now almost everybody knows how to download a cd and burn one for themselves. yea bootleggin was poppin in 03 but don't make it sound like its not as bad as it is now. a lot of people was asking me to burn them a cd because they didn't know how. as ignorant as them people were.

No, dissrespect. But I don't understand your point.
 08-28-2010, 12:49 PM         #93
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ajeana said:
I'm sure he's all down hill from this point. His next album won't sniff gold. I know its not about sales but the record biz is built off it.
so if he doesn't sell gold he's a bad artist?

somebody shoulda told nas about this.
 08-28-2010, 12:55 PM         #94
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:
Everyone needs to ignore this b**ch.

When I first saw this thread I thought hmmmmm....this sounds like something that dumb ajeanna b**ch would write. She almost fooled me with the new pic until I read someone on page 3 say chick looks like a tranny. At that time I looked at the AVY and what do you know.....it's the same damn annoying tranny that joined this site like 5 days ago and has been making retarded threads ever since.

Her other classic thread is one in which she claims Birdman isn't rich and doesn't make more than 5 mill a year. When everyone in thread posted comments in argument, all she did was post more annoying comments about how they have no source and they are wrong.

I think she's def. just begging for attention.

You almost had me fooled you butt ugly, oversized labia, pus*y licking tranny...but I knew it was you the second i saw those doo doo brown sharpied eyebrows.

And since I AM in this thread....the reason drake ONLY sold 1 milli (which is actually amazing) is because no one supports music anymore. PEOPLE DOWNLOAD IT. DRAKES ALBUM DID EXTREMELY WELL AND DEF LIVED UP TO THE HYPE. IT WAS A LOT OF R&B BECAUSE HE IS PARTLY AN R&B ARTIIST. END OF DISCUSSION. PLEASE GO MAKE ANOTHER ANNOYING THREAD NOW YOU f**kING DIKE.

No comment,your foolish with the personal atacks. I'm sure you will be banned soon.
 7 years ago '05        #95
HUDA2daF 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,531 | Props total: 7658 7658
damn ts.. did drake p!ss in your cornflakes or take your b**ch?
 08-28-2010, 12:59 PM         #96
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
so if he doesn't sell gold he's a bad artist?

somebody shoulda told nas about this.

Why are people downplaying this dude hype. I heard people saying he would eventually become a better artist then BIG,JAY,50,NAS and many more. Numbers arent everyhting, but it determines your status in hip hop.

RIGHT ?
 08-28-2010, 01:01 PM         #97
youngbasedkltn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngbasedkltn said:
Can you please direct me to the part of that paragraph where race was mentioned.. I just can't find it!
boxden needs to learn how to recognize a troll...
 08-28-2010, 01:02 PM         #98
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why are you getting mad about hype?

Hype is people stating their opinions, NOT FACT.

That's like getting mad that Bryan Pumper won't go platinum if he drops an album, even though he's getting hyped to high heaven on the internet.

If I hyped you up as the best poster ever which you clearly don't deliver on .. does that mean you're a failure?

edit: bad example ... obvious entrapment is obvious

Last edited by Metalzoa; 08-28-2010 at 01:04 PM..
 08-28-2010, 01:02 PM         #99
Chosen Few DS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ajeana said:
Why are people downplaying this dude hype. I heard people saying he would eventually become a better artist then BIG,JAY,50,NAS and many more. Numbers arent everyhting, but it determines your status in hip hop.

RIGHT ?
Who said that.? Who? Who?

And no they don't determine your status in hip hop..... Nas is considered top 5, by some fools, and he hasn't moved units in ten years....

#EndThread
 08-28-2010, 01:02 PM         #100
MasakoX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
drake was supposed to go diamond, cure cancer, and make a movie in the same week!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
49 comments
22 hours ago