Why is drake struggling to sell a miilion when insiders claim his debut album would sell more grodt?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
55 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-28-2010, 12:11 PM         #61
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
i understand what TS is saying, or atleast this is what i'm going to say.....

with the amount of hype Drake got, people were talking like dude was going to sell 5 million copies and s**t

platinum isn't a flop in today's world by any means, it's a very good showing, especially for your first album

but the way people were hyping him up, saying his buzz was bigger than 50's and how he was going to sell more than 50, saying he'd be bigger than Eminem, saying he'd have the highest selling album of the year and s**t

that didn't happen.

Couldn't have said it better. Drake has talent, its just average.
 08-28-2010, 12:15 PM         #62
youngbasedkltn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ajeana said:
ADMIT WHAT ?

Please tell us your secret.
Okay i'll reveal my secret.. conveniently it was already leaked by someone else.

"Who else is going platinum right now? comparing Em to Drake is beyond retarded. You're talking about one of the best selling artists ever. Nobody can f**k with Em in that regard and you want to say Drake flopped cuz he can't match his numbers? Then that means everyone who's dropped is flopping cuz nobody is smelling Em's numbers."
 08-28-2010, 12:16 PM         #63
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chosen Few DS said:
Why the threadstarter sound like a grade-A hater.... hahaha, how can you hate so heavy on some1 u don't know....

Hater ?

WOMEN LIE---------MEN LIE---------############### DON"T.

Why can't we all agree that this album never lived up to the hype. He sings all through the album, it could be nominated for best R&B album. Wouldn't be suprised if that did happen.
 08-28-2010, 12:17 PM         #64
Chosen Few DS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Question.... Who said his buzz was bigger than 50's........ Fans and Bloggers (which are fans with a website lol).... it seems like this "overhyped" buzz was perpetrated by the fan, and now the fan is reneging and tryin' to call him a failure for going only platinum hahahahah.... that s**t sounds stupid..

[walks out]
 08-28-2010, 12:19 PM         #65
youngbasedkltn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ajeana said:
Hater ?

WOMEN LIE---------MEN LIE---------############### DON"T.

Why can't we all agree that this album never lived up to the hype. He sings all through the album, it could be nominated for best R&B album. Wouldn't be suprised if that did happen.
Yeah the album didn't live up to the hype at all, twas average.
 08-28-2010, 12:20 PM         #66
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngbasedkltn said:
Okay i'll reveal my secret.. conveniently it was already leaked by someone else.

"Who else is going platinum right now? comparing Em to Drake is beyond retarded. You're talking about one of the best selling artists ever. Nobody can f**k with Em in that regard and you want to say Drake flopped cuz he can't match his numbers? Then that means everyone who's dropped is flopping cuz nobody is smelling Em's numbers."
Thought you was going to play the race card, I was going to rebut that with drakes mom is white.
 7 years ago '06        #67
6thward 
space
space
$641 | Props total: 2 2
Even though I think Drake is a.ss his people dropped the ball by waiting if they put it out last year when YM ruled the radio he would've done his numbers. They tried to do that Carter 3 s**t by stalling the release to build up the hype and it backfired.
 7 years ago '06        #68
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,966 | Props total: 3473 3473
 psylence2k said:
What part are you talking about besides what has already been public knowledge? When trying to sound witty goes wrong I guess. Want to try again ?
There's no need to go into detail because you already have a predetermined overlook on the whole situation and all your doing is speaking on subject matters you know nothing about, while making claims you can't even back up....

...your comparisons aren't logic and your reasoning is laughable.
 08-28-2010, 12:23 PM         #69
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chosen Few DS said:
Question.... Who said his buzz was bigger than 50's........ Fans and Bloggers (which are fans with a website lol).... it seems like this "overhyped" buzz was perpetrated by the fan, and now the fan is reneging and tryin' to call him a failure for going only platinum hahahahah.... that s**t sounds stupid..

[walks out]
You should run the out !! Talking about bloggers hyping the dude. BET,MTV,FUSE,CURRENT TV,NBC and FOX all was on the boy nuts. Bloggers ?
 08-28-2010, 12:23 PM         #70
youngbasedkltn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ajeana said:
Thought you was going to play the race card, I was going to rebut that with drakes mom is white.
Can you please direct me to the part of that paragraph where race was mentioned.. I just can't find it!
 7 years ago '06        #71
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
Its drakes first album and we only been like 2 months in max, stop hating .. sheeesh
 7 years ago '06        #72
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,966 | Props total: 3473 3473
 Chosen Few DS said:

[walks out]
 08-28-2010, 12:27 PM         #73
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6thward said:
Even though I think Drake is a.ss his people dropped the ball by waiting if they put it out last year when YM ruled the radio he would've done his numbers. They tried to do that Carter 3 s**t by stalling the release to build up the hype and it backfired.

When are people going to figure out radio play doesn't = crazy record sales. Record companies pay the stations to play, alot of time its forced. Wake up.
 08-28-2010, 12:27 PM         #74
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iCON-8 said:
Its drakes first album and we only been like 2 months in max, stop hating .. sheeesh

50 did tripple that in the same duration, sorry.
 08-28-2010, 12:29 PM         #75
Chosen Few DS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ajeana said:
You should run the out !! Talking about bloggers hyping the dude. BET,MTV,FUSE,CURRENT TV,NBC and FOX all was on the boy nuts. Bloggers ?
hahaha... Who watches BET & MTV.... fox?? Nbc?? I heard someone say his sprite commercial was promo for his album, wtf....

you people are dumb.... Hella stupid.. Fans bought into the hype... and the haters bought into the hype and now that they see the hype was hella exaggerated they wanna reveal themselves as haters (ie threadstarter)....

You need a hobby.. Platinum is platinum...
 7 years ago '04        #76
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,360 | Props total: 6374 6374
 ajeana said:
50 did tripple that in the same duration, sorry.
when people didn't know how to work a cd drive
 08-28-2010, 12:31 PM         #77
MasakoX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
your showing fifs numbers worldwide then drake in america. eminem is the biggest international rapper ever thats not a fair comparison. ALBUMS ARE FREE NOW STFU
 08-28-2010, 12:31 PM         #78
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
 08-28-2010, 12:33 PM         #79
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MasakoX said:
your showing fifs numbers worldwide then drake in america. eminem is the biggest international rapper ever thats not a fair comparison. ALBUMS ARE FREE NOW STFU
Enough of this BULL ISHHHHHHHH. 50 did 10 million in the US alone. His album wouldnt have went diamond if he didnt.
 7 years ago '04        #80
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 justinjones said:
It was only 2003, I remember mad ppl downloading, burning, and bootlegging GRODT. i remember mad ppl burning, downloading, and bootlegging Eminem Show and that was like 1-2 years before that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago