Why is drake struggling to sell a miilion when insiders claim his debut album would sell more grodt?

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-28-2010, 11:46 AM         #41
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Drake should at least do Wayne's numbers being that he had just as much hype and even more media promotion, Carter III did not come out that long ago. TML is no where near C3 sales. That's the perfect comparison because they both came out of the same camp with the same marketing machine behind them.
I don't believe people can be legitimately this stupid without a license to permit such f**kry.

So the amount it was advertised automatically converts into sales right? All it takes to sell something is put out an ad?

What about factors like THE ECONOMY, RARITY OF THE COMMODITY/SERVICE or TARGET MARKET? Nah .. just making an ad is that much more important huh.

I'm sure all clubs that print flyers are packed full to the brim every time they flyer for an event, by your logic.
 7 years ago '06        #42
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3534 3534
The TS is bitter as f.uck and aint got s.hit to do on a Saturday morning but hate on Drizzy...

Million Copies Sold is a Million Copies Sold

Nothing anyone can say can discredit what Drake as done.

...and comparing Eminem's worldwide 7 years+ fanbase to Drake's is laughable, at that point your just trying to force feed an L.

Last edited by 01seay; 08-28-2010 at 11:54 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #43
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,305 | Props total: 618 618
yall do realize the ts ask a question gets legitimate answers...and ignores them right
 7 years ago '04        #44
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1847 1847
 Metalzoa said:
This thread has shown me the true power of hate. Not a Drake fan or stan but TML got quite the rotation in my mix. if you dislike the kid, then say it up front. Don't pretend like you're trying to be objective and fair when all you're doing is making the most stupid excuses for why legitimate factors like the increase ease of access to bootleg music as well as ways to share and duplicate it have increased substantially.

Nobody said you must like Drake .. but to say his hype is manufactured is stupid. He obviously has some talent. If you don't like what he does with it .. fine. I don't think he's hurting for your change anyways. He's a pretty good artist. He would be worth checking out if he used his creative delivery and flow to bring interesting messages but he's pretty generic content-wise.

If his lyrics were more interesting I'd be glad .. but as of now he's at the very worst case an artist to watch out for.
Only reason I started to dislike Drake is because he seemed to start feeding into his own hype. Before I just disliked the hype which I felt wasn't deserved but now you can see the hype was fake because the people didn't go out and support him and it has nothing to do with bootlegging because C3 was less radio/mainstream friendly and had no where near the mainstream promotion (sprite commercials, pre-album grammy nominations,etc ) than TML which means the suburban white demographic who buys the majority of albums should have supported but they didn't. For you to have more hype and promotion than C3 and only do 40% of it's sales in the same bootlegging climate is a flop.

There's nothing interesting about his flow or delivery so i dont understand what artist you're listening to, if anything his content is the only non-generic thing about him since he takes more of a soft and sensitive approach rather than a harder street edge like most rappers. His hype is manufactured, everyone's is to an extent because labels use radio spin payola and marketing money to "push" certain artists onto the masses and have them exposed to you 20 times a day until you get brainwashed into thinking they are hot because you hear them everywhere. The only difference between most artists and drake is that other artists at most i would say have 25% of their hype manufactured, while Drake's was 75% IMO. As much hype as Carter 3 + More marketing dollars invested than Carter 3 + More media promotion than Carter 3 + More radio/tv spins than Carter 3 + same retail climate = only doing 40% of Carter 3 sales? How can you say his hype wasn't manufactured?
 08-28-2010, 11:53 AM         #45
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 s4s said:
its 2010 n*gga

Yeah you right, Em did two million I think.
 7 years ago '04        #46
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 ajeana said:
Yeah you right, Em did two million I think.
i think jay did as bad as drake so what does that tell u?
 08-28-2010, 11:56 AM         #47
youngbasedkltn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ajeana said:
FAILING ECONOMY ? Em ? Two miilion ? Sure you want to run with that comment. I think drake was over hyped. Drake will never go on to sell 35 million records like 50. This isnt about 50, its about how drake sells failed.
Thread should have just ended here when eminem was brought in. Everyone knows why they shouldn't be compared, even if you're not willing to admit it.
 7 years ago '04        #48
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
I don't believe people can be legitimately this stupid without a license to permit such f**kry.

So the amount it was advertised automatically converts into sales right? All it takes to sell something is put out an ad?

What about factors like THE ECONOMY, RARITY OF THE COMMODITY/SERVICE or TARGET MARKET? Nah .. just making an ad is that much more important huh.

I'm sure all clubs that print flyers are packed full to the brim every time they flyer for an event, by your logic.
Uhhh, how about being voted to the top spots on TV countdowns?, how about selling gold on a mixtape? How about having all your pre-album singles top the charts on itunes and billboard, how about being damn near everyone's mouth that listens to rap? People were aware and hyping this man, saying "yea he's hot" only difference is that they were never super passionate about his music because it was something "pushed" onto them rather than them actually liking the s**t the first time they heard it.

Economy? are you talking about the same bad economy when Carter 3 came in and did a mill first week? or when T.I. consistently does over Gold his first week each album? Commodity? Are you talking about him being the most hyped "different"/ unique artist since Kanye and Eminem? Rarity? the fact he had 1 million units shipped and everyone fully stocked of his album? Target Market? What target market does he NOT cover with his Urban but radio friendly style? He's comparable to a Ma$e or Kanye who both lived up to their hype. Your club flyer analogy was a good attempt but stupid when you look at the bigger picture , I'm suprised you even tried to compare a print ad to a multi -million dollar multi-facted push by a media conglomerate who does their research and analyzation of media statistics. NONE of your points have ANY credibility. The most hilarious thing is that the whole Universal staff AND drake himself would tell you that his product under delivered. EVERYONE from Drake, to Wayne, To Music Execs, to people on the street , to Bun B, T.I. whoever were all certain he would sell No less than 500k first week.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-28-2010 at 12:05 PM..
 08-28-2010, 12:01 PM         #49
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
This thread has shown me the true power of hate. Not a Drake fan or stan but TML got quite the rotation in my mix. if you dislike the kid, then say it up front. Don't pretend like you're trying to be objective and fair when all you're doing is making the most stupid excuses for why legitimate factors like the increase ease of access to bootleg music as well as ways to share and duplicate it have increased substantially.

Nobody said you must like Drake .. but to say his hype is manufactured is stupid. He obviously has some talent. If you don't like what he does with it .. fine. I don't think he's hurting for your change anyways. He's a pretty good artist. He would be worth checking out if he used his creative delivery and flow to bring interesting messages but he's pretty generic content-wise.

If his lyrics were more interesting I'd be glad .. but as of now he's at the very worst case an artist to watch out for.
Yes he has talent, no one will question that. The reason why people wont support the dude. I think he's a fraud, time will tell. Would anyone like to acknowledge that him and wayne lyrics sound the same. Everytime he's in a interview and the dj asked for a freestyle he freeze. "OH weres my blackberry"= BULLs**t Wonder why ? Maybe someone else is writing.
 08-28-2010, 12:02 PM         #50
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
i think jay did as bad as drake so what does that tell u?
SOURCE ?

I thought jay was over 1.5
 7 years ago '08        #51
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
Drake had way more buzz then Eminem and Em almost doubled his numbers the 1st week
 7 years ago '05        #52
ONESUN187 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,308 | Props total: 595 595
young jeezy didnt sell 3 million d!ck he aint that big of an artist.that album topped at 1.8 mill.
 7 years ago '05        #53
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
i understand what TS is saying, or atleast this is what i'm going to say.....

with the amount of hype Drake got, people were talking like dude was going to sell 5 million copies and s**t

platinum isn't a flop in today's world by any means, it's a very good showing, especially for your first album

but the way people were hyping him up, saying his buzz was bigger than 50's and how he was going to sell more than 50, saying he'd be bigger than Eminem, saying he'd have the highest selling album of the year and s**t

that didn't happen.
 7 years ago '06        #54
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3534 3534
 agony8 said:
drake waited way too long n then dropped a decent album...it aint great but its decent n it only attracts certain heads where as grodt attracted all hip hop heads, the gangsters, the ladies, the whatevers...drakes only attracts the ladies n the replay value of it is only for the ladies...if drake had a couple tracks like many men, patiently waiting n so on it would be better but its all u fancy huh nails done hair done n s**t...i dont know many dudes that wanna ride round with that in the whip...

You sound so retarded...forreal

psylence2k said:
Only reason I started to dislike Drake is because he seemed to start feeding into his own hype. Before I just disliked the hype which I felt wasn't deserved but now you can see the hype was fake because the people didn't go out and support him and it has nothing to do with bootlegging because C3 was less radio/mainstream friendly and had no where near the mainstream promotion (sprite commercials, pre-album grammy nominations,etc ) than TML which means the suburban white demographic who buys the majority of albums should have supported but they didn't. For you to have more hype and promotion than C3 and only do 40% of it's sales in the same bootlegging climate is a flop.

There's nothing interesting about his flow or delivery so i dont understand what artist you're listening to, if anything his content is the only non-generic thing about him since he takes more of a soft and sensitive approach rather than a harder street edge like most rappers. His hype is manufactured, everyone's is to an extent because labels use radio spin payola and marketing money to "push" certain artists onto the masses and have them exposed to you 20 times a day until you get brainwashed into thinking they are hot because you hear them everywhere. The only difference between most artists and drake is that other artists at most i would say have 25% of their hype manufactured, while Drake's was 75% IMO. As much hype as Carter 3 + More marketing dollars invested than Carter 3 + More media promotion than Carter 3 + More radio/tv spins than Carter 3 + same retail climate = only doing 40% of Carter 3 sales? How can you say his hype wasn't manufactured?

Didn't know you and Drake's management shared figures and business portfolios like that.....you got anymore insider info?

...this thread is so sad.

Last edited by 01seay; 08-28-2010 at 12:08 PM..
 08-28-2010, 12:06 PM         #55
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngbasedkltn said:
Thread should have just ended here when eminem was brought in. Everyone knows why they shouldn't be compared, even if you're not willing to admit it.
ADMIT WHAT ?

Please tell us your secret.
 08-28-2010, 12:09 PM         #56
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 francnad4 said:
im convinced shes just making dumb threads for attention..the only people agreeing with her are the people that hate in every thread here regardless..
Look of you not on board with the thread,dont click. How simple is that ? This thread questions a valid point.
 08-28-2010, 12:09 PM         #57
Chosen Few DS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why the threadstarter sound like a grade-A hater.... hahaha, how can you hate so heavy on some1 u don't know....
 7 years ago '04        #58
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 01seay said:

You sound so retarded...forreal

Didn't know you and Drake's management shared figures and business portfolios like that.....you got anymore insider info?

...this thread is so sad.

What part are you talking about besides what has already been public knowledge? When trying to sound witty goes wrong I guess. Want to try again ?
 7 years ago '04        #59
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 ajeana said:
SOURCE ?

I thought jay was over 1.5
if jay is at a 1.5 now then you comparing numbers to an album thats almost been out a year to an album thats only been out for not even half that?

im talkin about when they dropped. not total right now.

and yes the em comparison is stupid because that mean every rap artist flopped. whos running with em theses days? katey perry, gaga and insert whatever country artist that them western people are on? im just sayin. only 10 albums last year even went platinum ( i read that in some thread on here). that just shows how much of a fuked up scale music sales are on now

i always thought him doing a mill in a first week was far fetched. him getting a little black lash from people now and dropping a week before 1 of the best selling artist of the last decade with crazy fans (yes your crazy if you buy 5 copies of the same album) didn't help either. he would of done better numbers in 09 then in 10 though. thats a given
 7 years ago '05        #60
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
The bar was set high for this album yes. They basically set him up for failure. Everybody hyping it and s**t making predicaments, saying he was gonna do Wayne numbers first week. If he wasn't on Young Money nobody would make that a.ssumption....they based his sales solely off him being a.ssociated with Wayne, and that is not the case.

Wayne had to work hard to build his fan base, more then just a year before he was able to put up those numbers. Same with Jay-Z, his first albums didn't all go platinum till later in his career.

Drake is a like a premature baby, yes he's here, alive and kicking way before he should be, but he's still smaller then the mega superstars of the world and he still needs time to grow.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy