Why is drake struggling to sell a miilion when insiders claim his debut album would sell more grodt?

most viewed right now
 88
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 69
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 68
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 38
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 08-28-2010, 10:32 AM         #21
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:rolll augh:
 MrAmazing said:
his album sucked...therefore its not selling


....
 08-28-2010, 10:33 AM         #22
t0nyg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the innanet is k!llin album sales. real money is in concerts
 08-28-2010, 10:34 AM         #23
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 t0nyg said:
the innanet is k!llin album sales. Real money is in concerts
excuse # 10,000
 7 years ago '07        #24
Gunner 
space
avatar space
space
$987 | Props total: 731 731
Two different artists and two different times. 5 years ago I was not a a member of BX and I was actually buying albums. The net has changed dramatically in the way music/media/movies is readily obtained. EM is an entity onto himself and his fans are zombies to whatever he drops, so he and his fans undoubtedly helped drive the 50 cent machine. GRODT was a great album and something hip hop needed at the time, so it was the perfect storm for how 50 blew up. I liked Drake alot when his first two mixtapes, but he failed to capitalize on his massive buzz when So Far Gone dropped. Hip hop is a fickle industry and as an artist, you have to strike when the iron is hot because when you cool down it can be ice cold. Only a handful of artists can drop and go platinum off of name alone no matter what type of material they put out and we already know who these artists are. Drake may have missed the boat on album sales, but it's only his first album. The second album will tell us where Drake really is as an artist. Drake has the exposure and the loot, so I can't really hate on him, even though I didn't feel his album like that.
 08-28-2010, 10:36 AM         #25
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 francnad4 said:
lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooo a flop????? Who else has gone platinum recently in Hip Hop? He did the same first week as a legend like Jay-Z you stupid b**ch..

[50 cent voice]i hope you get r*ped by a pack of n*ggas[/50cent]

You look like a TRANNY btw
Don't think you understand, what I'm asking. DUDE was over hyped, just average singer from across the pond. Maybe b/c the dude isnt a american, who knows.
 7 years ago '09        #26
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
avatar space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
Everyone knows the way sales have gone but they were still expecting him to be plat WAY quicker than it will have taken(People thought he could do it in 1 week for f**k sake)
 08-28-2010, 10:40 AM         #27
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Everyone knows the way sales have gone but they were still expecting him to be plat WAY quicker than it will have taken(People thought he could do it in 1 week for f**k sake)
Someone agrees with me. Eveyone was saying this dude was going to do million +. Months in still hasnt.
 7 years ago '05        #28
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
avatar space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4125 4125
 ajeana said:
Don't think you understand, what I'm asking. DUDE was over hyped, just average singer from across the pond. Maybe b/c the dude isnt a american, who knows.
But, how is this a flop, exactly? I mean, take out your personal feelings for the artist for a second, and really look at the numbers compared to alot of other MC's this year. How is what he's doing in terms of sales a flop? He was NEVER going to do a big million-in-a-week opening. That sh*t just doesn't happen anymore. That's not an excuse, that's a fact. Secondly, his first week sales fell EXACTLY in line with expectations, including that of industry analysts, record sales firms, and the label itself. It did well enough, and it will reach platinum whether you or I like it or not. Simple facts.

I'm not a fan of Drake. I think his stuff isn't to my tastes (prefer the underground sound), but for me to sit here and say that it's a flop is false. A flop, for him, would be selling less than 100k in the first week.
 08-28-2010, 10:47 AM         #29
WEREWOLF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe because thank me later was a soft as f**k r&b album while GRODT went hard in the paint?
 7 years ago '09        #30
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
avatar space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
 DaOmega_1 said:
But, how is this a flop, exactly? I mean, take out your personal feelings for the artist for a second, and really look at the numbers compared to alot of other MC's this year. How is what he's doing in terms of sales a flop? He was NEVER going to do a big million-in-a-week opening. That sh*t just doesn't happen anymore. That's not an excuse, that's a fact. Secondly, his first week sales fell EXACTLY in line with expectations, including that of industry analysts, record sales firms, and the label itself. It did well enough, and it will reach platinum whether you or I like it or not. Simple facts.

I'm not a fan of Drake. I think his stuff isn't to my tastes (prefer the underground sound), but for me to sit here and say that it's a flop is false. A flop, for him, would be selling less than 100k in the first week.
His 1st week sales were definitely not a flop to someone who could see through all the hype,but his sales have dropped like a brick and at the moment Eminem is outselling him almost 10-1 in the global chart
 08-28-2010, 11:02 AM         #31
young sarge  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree drake is at best a average artist i like him and i hope he sells millions but the truth of the matter is no matter what time period you put him in he never reaches the 50, em or jigga sells status
 08-28-2010, 11:10 AM         #32
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gunner said:
Two different artists and two different times. 5 years ago I was not a a member of BX and I was actually buying albums. The net has changed dramatically in the way music/media/movies is readily obtained. EM is an entity onto himself and his fans are zombies to whatever he drops, so he and his fans undoubtedly helped drive the 50 cent machine. GRODT was a great album and something hip hop needed at the time, so it was the perfect storm for how 50 blew up. I liked Drake alot when his first two mixtapes, but he failed to capitalize on his massive buzz when So Far Gone dropped. Hip hop is a fickle industry and as an artist, you have to strike when the iron is hot because when you cool down it can be ice cold. Only a handful of artists can drop and go platinum off of name alone no matter what type of material they put out and we already know who these artists are. Drake may have missed the boat on album sales, but it's only his first album. The second album will tell us where Drake really is as an artist. Drake has the exposure and the loot, so I can't really hate on him, even though I didn't feel his album like that.
The realest words in this thread getting ignored...
 7 years ago '04        #33
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
It doesn't have as much to do with the times, exposure, or it being his debut album as yall are making it out, If this was 03 he would be expected to do 5-6 mill 3 months in, even in times like this he is suppose to do at least 3 mill, therefore it's a flop, why? because his product was subpar and he has very little to offer as an artist. His hype was manufactured through payola and cosignment. This is the way I feel because everytime he is brought up in a convo everyone knows him and says " oh yea, he's hot" but very rarely do i meet someone who is super passionate about his music, in other words he doesn't really have any stans which all the great artists are suppose to have, this is indicative of his "manufactured" hype.
 7 years ago '04        #34
TrueWest_1 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 198 198
Thread starter is a complete moron.

Who else is going platinum right now? comparing Em to Drake is beyond retarded. You're talking about one of the best selling artists ever. Nobody can f**k with Em in that regard and you want to say Drake flopped cuz he can't match his numbers? Then that means everyone who's dropped is flopping cuz nobody is smelling Em's numbers.

Nobody is buying albums anymore. GRODT dropping in 03 and TML dropping in 2010 is completely different. Nobody is moving units but a handful of people and Drake is one of them.
 7 years ago '05        #35
s4s|M 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$12,056 | Props total: 0 0
its 2010 n*gga
 08-28-2010, 11:30 AM         #36
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
His 1st week sales were definitely not a flop to someone who could see through all the hype,but his sales have dropped like a brick and at the moment Eminem is outselling him almost 10-1 in the global chart
Who the f**k isn't Em outselling?
 08-28-2010, 11:36 AM         #37
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This thread has shown me the true power of hate. Not a Drake fan or stan but TML got quite the rotation in my mix. if you dislike the kid, then say it up front. Don't pretend like you're trying to be objective and fair when all you're doing is making the most stupid excuses for why legitimate factors like the increase ease of access to bootleg music as well as ways to share and duplicate it have increased substantially.

Nobody said you must like Drake .. but to say his hype is manufactured is stupid. He obviously has some talent. If you don't like what he does with it .. fine. I don't think he's hurting for your change anyways. He's a pretty good artist. He would be worth checking out if he used his creative delivery and flow to bring interesting messages but he's pretty generic content-wise.

If his lyrics were more interesting I'd be glad .. but as of now he's at the very worst case an artist to watch out for.
 7 years ago '04        #38
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 TrueWest_1 said:
Thread starter is a complete moron.

Who else is going platinum right now? comparing Em to Drake is beyond retarded. You're talking about one of the best selling artists ever. Nobody can f**k with Em in that regard and you want to say Drake flopped cuz he can't match his numbers? Then that means everyone who's dropped is flopping cuz nobody is smelling Em's numbers.

Nobody is buying albums anymore. GRODT dropping in 03 and TML dropping in 2010 is completely different. Nobody is moving units but a handful of people and Drake is one of them.
Drake should at least do Wayne's numbers being that he had just as much hype and even more media promotion, Carter III did not come out that long ago. TML is no where near C3 sales. That's the perfect comparison because they both came out of the same camp with the same marketing machine behind them.
 7 years ago '04        #39
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,433 | Props total: 6480 6480
drake was a year late with his album thats why. his buzz basically died when it dropped and having em came out right after he did didn't help either. if it came out the same time as last year with the best i ever had then it would of done better. but drake did good numbers for a first album in this time period.

50 had the aftermath shady machine when it almost at its highest and an album that switched things up

drake had a cash money/young money machine when it almost at its highest and a mixtape that switched things up

see the difference?
 7 years ago '04        #40
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
avatar space
space
$17,565 | Props total: 2424 2424
 ajeana said:
FAILING ECONOMY ? Em ? Two miilion ? Sure you want to run with that comment. I think drake was over hyped. Drake will never go on to sell 35 million records like 50. This isnt about 50, its about how drake sells failed.
are you really comparing Eminem's sales to Drake's?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 31
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 9
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy