Aug 27 - RIP - Blockbuster to file bankruptcy next month

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
62 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
102 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,335 | Props total: 2757 2757
 Gonzilla said:
Not gonna lie, back in the VHS days, we'd hit up Blockbuster all the time. I guess it was nice while it lasted.

:lipssealed: RIP.
First Hollywood Video. Now BlockBuster. I'll say next up is Redbox (because people still have to get up and drive to it).

Netflix... you better watch out, soon we're not gonna want to walk to our got damn mailbox.

Direct streaming to your TV via PayPerView/OnDemand/NetFlix is the future. You don't have to move s**t, but your finger on your remote.

why you mention netflix to watch out then the next thing you know that you have them being the future. Netflix has both streaming and mail on lock until hulu plus gets release.
 7 years ago '04        #62
slapaho 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,301 | Props total: 2497 2497
yo when blockbuster startin sellin music i was in that b**ch stealin cds

they had a no limit wall.. i just went every tuesday and jacked all them s**ts.
 7 years ago '06        #63
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
this is a damn shame.
 7 years ago '06        #64
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
 Spid3yo said:
I've had both Blockbuster and Netflix

sorry but Blockbuster wins this.....you don't have to wait for new things to come in you can go right to the store and get it. 20 bucks a month to check out all the games and movies you want. Hopefully one of the stores by me don't close down.
yeah i got blockbuster online too, i was about to hit them up today and trade in my online rentals for some store ones
 7 years ago '04        #65
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 slapaho said:
yo when blockbuster startin sellin music i was in that b**ch stealin cds

they had a no limit wall.. i just went every tuesday and jacked all them s**ts.
 08-27-2010, 01:14 PM         #66
forsakenninja05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Does this mean the end of the world is coming?
 7 years ago '04        #67
CFran55 
space
space
$731 | Props total: 64 64
damn ima need to spend my giftcards asap
 7 years ago '06        #68
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
 Hitzz said:
GOOD! Them f**gots never took back my Halo 3 because they said I had it too long and tried to make us pay $60 for it to rent anotehr game. What happened to no late fees? f**gots.
Thats the catch, if its over 14 days (I think) they charge you full price for it.
 7 years ago '06        #69
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Icemouth said:
Hey now, it's not nice to pick on those with mental defects.
I do Redbox once in a while (when I dont want to pause and click when I'm streaming a movie. I have the economy AT&T internet service ) They also give you free rental codes I rented Wolverine and another movie for free. :dancingcool:
 08-27-2010, 02:55 PM         #70
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slapaho said:
it aint even netflix. movies really suck for every great movie a year 394895759 movies come out.

ppl dont really wanna rent movies when u can buy the bootleg. its one video store where i live now,and ppl never rent good movies anyhow the average video store renter has horrible taste in movies and rarely bring the movies back.

I just dont understand some people. Why the f**k would you want some s**tty quality bootleg when for 20$ a month you can rent unlimited blu-rays with netflix and stream in hd? Plus why the f**k would you BUY a bootleg when you can dl the same s**tty dvd rip quality off the net for free or get the cheapest 10$ netflix package that is dvd only and use handbrake to rip em in s**t quality yourself? Your breaking the law either way so why pay money to watch something that is sd or less?

Plus they have more than just movies. TV shows are where the quality is at now and paying 20$ a month to rent a show you'd only watch once anyway is a lot better than paying 50$+ for each season on blu-ray or wasting the time downloading 720 rips that are broken into a million pieces and take you 6 hours of waiting to dl one episode.

As far as Blockbuster goes there hasnt been one in my area in a good 5+ years. I'm actually surprised they lasted this long.

Last edited by Apostrophe; 08-27-2010 at 02:57 PM..
 08-27-2010, 04:31 PM         #71
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do this mean we can rent games and not return them....

anyway i hate blockbuster with a passion...i knew those dollar rental vending machine would k!ll them...
 08-27-2010, 04:59 PM         #72
bobbydrake6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JoeDoe22 said:
Yeah $1 a day is worse than their old late fees.

at anyone who would f**k up their credit just to keep a movie/game they rented...

f**k up my credit? you can't f**k up what's already f**ked up.
It's just jokes, home slice
 7 years ago '10        #73
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
 Hitzz said:
Where can I get games from now? .
do it by mail....at the blockbuster....
 7 years ago '06        #74
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Apostrophe said:
I just dont understand some people. Why the f**k would you want some s**tty quality bootleg when for 20$ a month you can rent unlimited blu-rays with netflix and stream in hd? Plus why the f**k would you BUY a bootleg when you can dl the same s**tty dvd rip quality off the net for free or get the cheapest 10$ netflix package that is dvd only and use handbrake to rip em in s**t quality yourself? Your breaking the law either way so why pay money to watch something that is sd or less?

Plus they have more than just movies. TV shows are where the quality is at now and paying 20$ a month to rent a show you'd only watch once anyway is a lot better than paying 50$+ for each season on blu-ray or wasting the time downloading 720 rips that are broken into a million pieces and take you 6 hours of waiting to dl one episode.

As far as Blockbuster goes there hasnt been one in my area in a good 5+ years. I'm actually surprised they lasted this long.
I rather stream than download.
 7 years ago '05        #75
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,293 | Props total: 1101 1101
Retail store closes because people prefer unmanned kiosk(Redbox/Netflix).

Unemployment nears 10%.

Coincidence?
 08-28-2010, 04:58 AM         #76
WMYakballzWM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hitzz said:
GOOD! Them f**gots never took back my Halo 3 because they said I had it too long and tried to make us pay $60 for it to rent anotehr game. What happened to no late fees? f**gots.
read the fine print.
 08-28-2010, 05:15 AM         #77
DaddyFatSacks14 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Laughin my a.ss off at the Netfix ad at the top of this page talkin bout Blockbuster dying...
 7 years ago '05        #78
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
Redbox is what's f**king blockbuster over
 7 years ago '05        #79
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
Man Blockbuster was HUGE in the 90's. They had Music store and The Blockbuster Awards.

I loved Blockbusters online service when it first came out. Instead of mailing the DVD back and wait for another one I always went to the store. After a while they doubled the price and limited the number of in store exchanges. I dropped them after that.
 7 years ago '07        #80
RyDezzy 
space
space
$428 | Props total: 9 9
ive worked at a blockbuster for 4 years, they said this every year ive been there hasnt happened yet. guess well see
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy