NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ty Dolla $ign & YG Reportedly Paid Aussie Soccer Star $100K To Avoid L..
22 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #161
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 smokeweed101. said:
None of the movies I list are bad, the term overrated never implied bad movie to me. Even Scarface and Avatar I would give a 6 at best meaning they are average but not bad films, just overrated in the sense of being labeled masterpiece, revolutionary, and all those annoying labels.
Yea... you can truly see ppl that just flat out hate the films though. They are like its overrated because it sucks. Overrated and trash have two different meanings.

Last edited by TH35; 09-01-2010 at 12:32 PM..
 09-01-2010, 12:31 PM         #162
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can't think of one truly poor film that is overrated, decent films get labeled great but bad is just bad.

Meaning technically like poor writing, continuity errors, poor editing etc.
 7 years ago '05        #163
240sx 
space
space
$4,401 | Props total: 1446 1446
 unkoricky said:

WTF are you talking about ? Who cares how much a movie made.
Just like i said, Transformers and Inception did great at the box office but the movies were way overrated, This was directed to people trying to measure whats good thru ticket sales ,
 7 years ago '05        #164
240sx 
space
space
Hang over was about a 5 , Overrated .
 7 years ago '06        #165
luckluck 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 97 97
 Illstreet said:
Because "There Will Be Blood" is probably one of the 5 best films of the last decade... If not the best.
That's why people are entitled to opinions. It's not scientific fact that its one of the best movies of the decade. That just happens to be the opinion of a bunch of film critics.

I thought it was slow, pretentious and had no aim. It was basically just a story about a greedy oil monger who sold his soul. What was so special about it? Explain that to me.

It did not entertain in the least. There was a completely unncessary sub plot about a fake brother that added nothing to the story because THERE REALLY WAS NO STORY. The rift with the preacher was a long, drawn out, curious and choppy destination. Then the movie skips a significant amount of time. It wasn't really that cohesive. There was no feeling or emotion to it. It was just bland and boring.
[spoiler - click to view]

Day-Lewis was great and the movie looked good but there was nothing about that movie that drew me into it in the least. To me it was just a movie that people who considered themselves wordly and appreciaters of "good art" wanted to like because it had a great actor in it, was directed by a great director and was "different". They were "supposed" to like it. It was a wool over the eyes movie to me.

Last edited by luckluck; 09-01-2010 at 01:18 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #166
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
The Godfather Trilogy

09-01-2010, 07:39 PM         #167
tj.iscool  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Avatar hands down, Inception & Scarface

Last edited by tj.iscool; 09-01-2010 at 07:45 PM..
 09-01-2010, 08:27 PM         #168
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Richie Aprile said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #169
240sx 
space
space
Flash Gordon

Uploaded with

Last edited by 240sx; 09-02-2010 at 05:12 AM..
 09-02-2010, 08:40 AM         #170
unkoricky  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1st matrix was really really good...even though i was in 7th grade i think back then, it made me watch it twice to really understand it.

Now the rest of the matrix series sucked
 7 years ago '07        #171
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
dude you're straight trippin...

scarface is loved by more than just rappers and thugs... it is one of the all time favorite gangster/drug movies of all time... it sparked the GTA vice city and other videogames..

you may not like it but its a great movie

i think people get caught up in movies like inception and expect every movie to be executed to the same degree... scarface is a classic period imo
He said he does like it, its just not great. Overrated doesn't mean bad.
 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM         #172
unkoricky  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehogue... said:
He said he does like it, its just not great. Overrated doesn't mean bad.
thats what most f**kheads dont understand about this thread.
 09-02-2010, 12:33 PM         #173
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
–verb (used with object),-rat·ed, -rat·ing.
to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate: I think you overrate their political influence.
o·ver·rate (vr-rt)
tr.v. o·ver·rat·ed, o·ver·rat·ing, o·ver·rates
To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.
Definition of OVERRATE
: to rate, value, or estimate too highly <overrates his importance to the team>
Examples of OVERRATE

1. The coach tends to overrate the players on his own team.
2. <I think the critics seriously overrated that movie.>
Hope that helps.

7 years ago '05        #174
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 Maroon_Tiger said:
idk, yall are sending mixed signals..

please explain why its overrated... is it b/c the acting isnt strong in all of the characters.. is it b/c there are no special effects!?? is it b/c it doesnt have any really hot girls in it!??

scarface is a GREAT FILM... its filmed a long time ago so its not going to behave like a movie from 2000/+
You're f**ken stupid. You can't even grasp a single concept even when it was laid out in front of you.

Scarface is a good movie but what makes it overrated is the fact that it's been called a "classic" from more than a few people. What exactly makes this movie a classic? From a cinematic point of view? Culturally, yeah I guess u can make a good argument for but storyline, acting, substance, all of that s**t - it's a pretty shallow movie.
 09-02-2010, 12:40 PM         #175
unkoricky  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you want a simple definition of overrated = lebron james
 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM         #176
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Overrated = Rondo
 7 years ago '05        #177
240sx 
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
dude you're straight trippin...

scarface is loved by more than just rappers and thugs... it is one of the all time favorite gangster/drug movies of all time... it sparked the GTA vice city and other videogames..

you may not like it but its a great movie

i think people get caught up in movies like inception and expect every movie to be executed to the same degree... scarface is a classic period imo
Thank You, Well said.
 7 years ago '05        #178
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
Scarface is garbage.
 7 years ago '07        #179
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
Many ppl consider that film to be Pacino's best performance and one of the top 10 acting performances ever. The film was extremely original (a form of criteria u forgot) from the language to Pacinos acting to hardcore ending and for the fact that it literally glorified the gangster. The film still stands out like a sore thumb more so than any other film to this day.

Carlito's Way >>>
 7 years ago '05        #180
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 Blacknitro said:
Many ppl consider that film to be Pacino's best performance and one of the top 10 acting performances ever. The film was extremely original (a form of criteria u forgot) from the language to Pacinos acting to hardcore ending and for the fact that it literally glorified the gangster. The film still stands out like a sore thumb more so than any other film to this day.

Lol, get outta here. Pacino's portrayal of tony montana is often criticized and a lot of people believe that it led to his s**tty acting nowadays. He over-acted and his cuban accent was f**ken horrible. Many critics even say that since then, all u see pacino do is overact and yell.. He's had finer performances.

As far as originality, I don't know what's so original about the classic macbeth storyline. Or the rags to riches story? If lacing the script with f bombs every second word = originality then call oliver stone a modern day shakespeare. The characters had absolutely no depth. U can't relate to any of em or "feel sorry" for any of them and each character is as empty as michelle pffifer's character. And don't get me started on the cheesy score..or when the camera zooms in on tony's eyes when he gets mad like some cheesy kung fu flick. Lol. Entertaining? Yeah ill give it that but its not a classic and its far from original.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
40 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
321 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy