Most Overrated Movies

most viewed right now
 50
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
98 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #181
240sx 
space
avatar space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 1451 1451
 Reppindaburghh said:
Scarface is garbage.
Go watch Flesh Gordon
 09-03-2010, 09:32 AM         #182
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
dude you're straight trippin...

scarface is loved by more than just rappers and thugs... it is one of the all time favorite gangster/drug movies of all time... it sparked the GTA vice city and other videogames..

you may not like it but its a great movie

i think people get caught up in movies like inception and expect every movie to be executed to the same degree... scarface is a classic period imo
That is fine, I love Vice City (my favorite GTA) but that has nothing to do with the film, you still haven't spoken on the film just its impact. And I would HATE for every film to be executed like Inception, hell no.
 09-03-2010, 09:37 AM         #183
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
idk, yall are sending mixed signals..

please explain why its overrated... is it b/c the acting isnt strong in all of the characters.. is it b/c there are no special effects!?? is it b/c it doesnt have any really hot girls in it!??

scarface is a GREAT FILM... its filmed a long time ago so its not going to behave like a movie from 2000/+
Poor acting (over the top acting on Pacino's part when compared to the work he did in the 70's), the mediocre script that relied on vulgar language more than anything didn't help his case, and the cinematography wasn't anything on a special level (especially when you look at the work of Leone, Scorsese, and Copola's gangster films)

For instance the same year in 83 Leone's 'Once Upon A Time In America' made no huge impact, no effects, no hot girls but it provided a good story with character depth, solid writing and Leone's feel for the camera, it was definitely the better film of that year alone.

I don't know if you are serious or just f**king around but I have reasons that are not as shallow as 'no sfx' or some irrelevant aspect of film.
 09-03-2010, 09:42 AM         #184
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blacknitro said:
Many ppl consider that film to be Pacino's best performance and one of the top 10 acting performances ever.
Stop talking out your a.ss.

How can a movie be original if they took a plot from 1932 and added a cuban descent, coke, and miami (basically the 32 original fit for the 80s lifestyle of the cuban drug game)

On the surface it is the same tale, I can tell you have never seen the original superior Scarface.
 7 years ago '04        #185
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$26,909 | Props total: 17481 17481
 Illstreet said:
"Casino"
Casino > Goodfellas
 09-03-2010, 12:40 PM         #186
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 erickonasis said:
Casino > Goodfellas
We Don't Believe You, You Need More People...
 09-03-2010, 12:43 PM         #187
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blacknitro said:
Many ppl consider that film to be Pacino's best performance and one of the top 10 acting performances ever.








 7 years ago '06        #188
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
avatar
 09-03-2010, 04:12 PM         #189
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 agony8 said:
scarface...u got a criminal cuban thug who k!lls a high level official to get out of a refugee camp...goes on his FIRST sale n sees his brother chainsawed to death right in front of him before getting away n k!lling a dude right in broad daylight on susnset strip...he then goes on to rise up through the ranks of the underworld taking on everybody in his way...to those saying it has no substance yall aint watching the movie...what about the value tony montana places on not k!lling the wife n children but will k!ll his boss' top man...what about tony's underlying issue with the s3xual lust/love for his own lil sister...the scenes between him n michelle about parenting children as a gangster n drug wh0ore mother...or tony in the restaraunt bringing about the truth to the good people about the world needing bad guys...the onslaught of paranoia from the celebrity like lifestyle he worked into n the drug abuse n its breakdown of what that does with relationships(ie his friendship with his best friend manny goes to sham)...yall are missing some serious story lines and undertones in that movie...then take into account its the 80s n u got a classic movie that for 25 years has had a huge following n since can not be over rated...yall must have just had different expectations it did not meet or tgruly dont wacth the movie n dive into all of its intricacies...

[pic - click to view]

 09-03-2010, 05:12 PM         #190
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 agony8 said:
scarface...u got a criminal cuban thug who k!lls a high level official to get out of a refugee camp...goes on his FIRST sale n sees his brother chainsawed to death right in front of him before getting away n k!lling a dude right in broad daylight on susnset strip...he then goes on to rise up through the ranks of the underworld taking on everybody in his way...to those saying it has no substance yall aint watching the movie...what about the value tony montana places on not k!lling the wife n children but will k!ll his boss' top man...what about tony's underlying issue with the s3xual lust/love for his own lil sister...
What about them? In 1932 they were done already without the vulgarity and flashy Miami non sense.

Substance to me isn't about chainsaw deaths and murder in broad daylight. Then again you have ignored every point me and others have made, thus making this debate pointless.
 09-03-2010, 05:12 PM         #191
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 erickonasis said:
Casino > Goodfellas
El oh el.
 7 years ago '05        #192
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
I gotta throw donnie darko in here as well. Movie was alright but some people swear by it.
 7 years ago '05        #193
240sx 
space
avatar space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 1451 1451
Scarface was a look in to the days of the Cocaine Cowboy, when in the early 80's before modern technology and the start of a city built on cocaine . This movie probably inspired 50% of the drug dealers across the world. If you were selling dime bags in high school you watched this movies with high aspirations of success. This movie was a drug dealer template for back in the day.

This movie was not going to be in a category for best male lead actor in a starring role , take home an Oscar or win any S.A.G. awards.

Scarface was a legendary movie about Miami and Cocaine.

To hear people on here say this movie is overrated makes me laugh because you are either to young to understand or just can't relate all together.
 7 years ago '05        #194
mattdogg444 
space
avatar space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719

[pic - click to view]



sorry but this movie wasnt funny, these f**king losers try so hard to be funny...wait here ill add another movie that sucks with these 2 in it


[pic - click to view]

 09-06-2010, 01:25 AM         #195
LaRy BLanco  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheBallDontLie said:

[pic - click to view]

this^^^
 09-06-2010, 01:28 AM         #196
LaRy BLanco  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tdub-zr0 said:
Overrated Movies, IMO:
-Slumdog Millionaire
-Superbad
-Scarface
-The Departed
WHAT?!


please k!ll urself.....every single one of those movies u just named are classics
 09-06-2010, 09:21 AM         #197
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 240sx said:
Scarface was a look in to the days of the Cocaine Cowboy, when in the early 80's before modern technology and the start of a city built on cocaine . This movie probably inspired 50% of the drug dealers across the world. If you were selling dime bags in high school you watched this movies with high aspirations of success. This movie was a drug dealer template for back in the day.

This movie was not going to be in a category for best male lead actor in a starring role , take home an Oscar or win any S.A.G. awards.

Scarface was a legendary movie about Miami and Cocaine.

To hear people on here say this movie is overrated makes me laugh because you are either to young to understand or just can't relate all together.
Too young to understand what? Any adult with common sense knows each generation has landmarks, influences, and such. Each generation has the drug or romance or whatever subject in art to speak to them. What does this matter when art is universal, timeless and should speak volumes forever? Why praise art that is limited to one generation, one culture/location? (That is you using its shortcoming and flaw as a strength which doesn't hold true)

I don't think calling people to young to understand helps your point at all, if anything it adds to the growing reasons many feel it is overrated, a film that can't break barriers but instead sets them, only for 80's teen dealers to respect and take from it but not any others?

Now if you want influential, powerful and realistic portrayals of cocaine business, I plead you to avoid Scarface as their are handfuls of superior films in that same department.
 09-06-2010, 09:26 AM         #198
little ms riot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Heat and th Untouchables
 7 years ago '05        #199
240sx 
space
avatar space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 1451 1451
 smokeweed101. said:
Too young to understand what? Any adult with common sense knows each generation has landmarks, influences, and such. Each generation has the drug or romance or whatever subject in art to speak to them. What does this matter when art is universal, timeless and should speak volumes forever? Why praise art that is limited to one generation, one culture/location? (That is you using its shortcoming and flaw as a strength which doesn't hold true)

I don't think calling people to young to understand helps your point at all, if anything it adds to the growing reasons many feel it is overrated, a film that can't break barriers but instead sets them, only for 80's teen dealers to respect and take from it but not any others?

Now if you want influential, powerful and realistic portrayals of cocaine business, I plead you to avoid Scarface as their are handfuls of superior films in that same department.

Name your idea of a handful of superior films to Scarface based on that category.
 09-06-2010, 02:20 PM         #200
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
City of God
Goodfellas
Traffic
Easy Rider
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Blow
Cocaine Cowboys
Fresh
The Doors
In Bruges

They might not all be about selling or realistic but they are superior.

I don't really care for coke films to be honest.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 11
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 10
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 7
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
I'm taking that one-way flight to London
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy