Aaliyah Appreciation thread... Remembering her 9 yrs later

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,707 | Props total: 1490 1490
One of the best that ever did it. 'One In A Million' changed R&B. She will never be forgotten...

Last edited by luv4music; 08-25-2010 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: mistake
 08-25-2010, 08:01 PM         #62
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NEYO: "Today is the day that the R&B Angel Aaliyah passed on," the singer-songwriter wrote. "RT if you loved her the way I did!!WE MISS YOU BABYGIRL!!!!"
Nicki Minaj:"We'll always love you Aaliyah,"
Diddy:"Unknown fact: Aaliyah + I recorded a track in Trinidad that was never released- I wish I could find those tapes now," Diddy tweeted. "Damn. RIP AALIYAH."
Janelle Monae:"Aaliyah was an inspiration. Always kept me & my friends in [Kansas City] out of trouble. Too busy in the mirror doing her 'swoop' bang & dance moves.:)"
 08-25-2010, 08:02 PM         #63
Zo1987  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P. Aaliyah
 08-25-2010, 08:04 PM         #64
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Elliott: When me and Tim first went to work with her, we were so nervous. She was such a big star, and I was scared she was gonna be some diva, sipping on tea, with people fixing her hair and nails, and she would say, "What is this music you got! It's wack!" But when we walked in the studio, her smile made the whole room glow! She was like "Heyyyyy!" and gave us big hugs and made us feel like we were her cousins from down South. She was a very sweet spirit! Never seen her angry as long as I've known her, and in this business, that's unheard of!
 08-25-2010, 08:07 PM         #65
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She was so down with the roc movement :dancingcool:. Nice pics swisher che:dancingcool:lol.

Idk much about her and dame relationship,but I always felt like he kinda disrespected her after her death..was less than 2 months before he was seen on tv with strippers in his crib

I liked her and Dmx pics and song they did together..

damn, the pic of her and left eye
 7 years ago '05        #66
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 cheguevara said:
I just cried :sad2:
 08-25-2010, 08:11 PM         #67
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ajeana said:
THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE MOVED, OUT OF RESPECT FOR Aaliya. This has nothing to do with hip hop.

Who are you?
Come back in here when you learn how to type and spell her name correctly.
 08-25-2010, 08:20 PM         #68
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Swisher sweet said:
I just cried :sad2:

Especially this part that Missy says

"My most memorable is when me, her and Tim wore outfits alike! It was burgundy Pony outfits to the awards. Mind you, Aaliyah was petite so her Pony outfit looked so cute on her, but I kept looking at mine during the awards whispering to her saying, "I feel like a big-ass pony for real!" And we laughed and laughed!"

Missy loved her :sad2:

btw thanks for dropping those pics ma'am.

*Listens to 4 page letter*
:music2:
im writing you a lover letter tonightttt
 7 years ago '05        #69
space
space
 cheguevara said:

Especially this part that Missy says

"My most memorable is when me, her and Tim wore outfits alike! It was burgundy Pony outfits to the awards. Mind you, Aaliyah was petite so her Pony outfit looked so cute on her, but I kept looking at mine during the awards whispering to her saying, "I feel like a big-ass pony for real!" And we laughed and laughed!"

Missy loved her :sad2:

btw thanks for dropping those pics ma'am.

*Listens to 4 page letter*
:music2:
im writing you a lover letter tonightttt
yea I been hearing her music all day and seeing videos and pics, it just finally got to me :sad2:

and glad you liked the pics

[video - click to view]

08-25-2010, 08:30 PM         #70
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

toooo many hits!
 08-25-2010, 08:45 PM         #71
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Swisher sweet said:
yea I been hearing her music all day and seeing videos and pics, it just finally got to me :sad2:

and glad you liked the pics

Thats one of my favorite songs by her...that one in a million album is classic...that 4 page letter song is sooo damn smooth

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The stepping is so simple yet so smooth

Last edited by cheguevara; 08-25-2010 at 08:48 PM..
 08-25-2010, 08:58 PM         #72
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamesAdamsIz808 said:
I remember when I first heard... I was about to start my JR year of H.S.

I was drunk in a cab coming from my girls crib at like 2 in the morning... Cab had stopped to pick somebody else up... Then they start talking about somebody dying and then something about R.Kelly. So I'm thinking Kellz got f**ked up,,in which case I didn't care cause its R.Kelly.

I get home..parents are sleep.. made a smooth entry. Turn on MTV and see that s**t going across the bottom of the screen... **breaking news** Aaliyah's has died.

s**t crushed my spirit. Aaliyah was my first celeb crush. I was so inlove with that chic for real lol. I'll even admit my eyes got watery.. I think the liquor might have had something to do with that... or maybe not.. But she was indeed T H A T C H I C to me.. R.I.P. pretty lady.
I was in serious denial thinking "maybe there is some indian singer named aaliyah that just died "....

i kept turning from every channel, mtv to bet to vh1 to cnn...just tryna get all the info i could to make myself believe she was gone...

it didnt hit me til 6pm when 106 and park came on..saw free and aj dressed in all black, no music playing no audience clapping...

and they played this song...but edited it with aaliyah appearances and pictures while the song played..

[video - click to view]

It hit me , I'll be lying if I pretend I didnt break into a few tears :sad2:
 08-25-2010, 09:02 PM         #73
IKeepsItTrill100  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gotta love Jay-Z's version of "Miss You" too.

Clap for em.

R.I.P. Aaliyah

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #74
jesse5 
space
space
$1,123 | Props total: 4 4
R.I.P. Baby Girl. You are sorely missed.
The RnB game aint been the same since she passed. True story.
 7 years ago '05        #75
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,197 | Props total: 11805 11805
Crazy part is me my brother and 1 of my friends was in the crib. We was prank calling my mans sister. So then she calls us back like "Aaliyah dead" and just hangs up. So we think its a joke. Then saw it on MTV.
 7 years ago '05        #76
space
space
My friend just reminded me of when we TRIED to make a music video for a class a.ssignment to "Try Again"

s**t was horrible
 08-25-2010, 09:17 PM         #77
donmeca2020  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow its been 9 years already????? Rest in Peace to a beautiful and talented young lady.
 7 years ago '07        #78
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,589 | Props total: 5328 5328
 Swisher sweet said:
My friend just reminded me of when we TRIED to make a music video for a class a.ssignment to "Try Again"

s**t was horrible
My cousins tried to do the same s**t, except it was for "Are You That Somebody?".....
 08-25-2010, 09:51 PM         #79
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Swisher sweet said:

s**t was horrible
young swisher tryna make a video
 08-25-2010, 09:53 PM         #80
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 donmeca2020 said:
wow its been 9 years already????? Rest in Peace to a beautiful and talented young lady.

Yeah man, 9 years today...
Time flew by so fast, it still feels like it was just 4 years ago when she died. She would be 32 today...probably married with a child :)
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy