Aaliyah Appreciation thread... Remembering her 9 yrs later

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
94 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #21
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
:cool-smiley-009::cool-smiley-009::cool-smiley-009:
 08-25-2010, 06:24 PM         #22
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Verse said:
Some of my favorite pics of her.....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

beautiful pics i loved her natural appearance, always looked like the girl next door..
 7 years ago '07        #23
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,589 | Props total: 5328 5328
 cheguevara said:
Thats dope, people calling him corny and doing it for publicity. but there really were fans of her that was hit hard by her death. Myself being one of them. So I believe he's genuine about that letter.

Maybe a song wouldve been better tho but hey.

Aaliayh has too many classics.
I don't think he was corny for that letter, I just think the last part ("Dinner's on me") was cheesy as f**k, and should've been left out.

I think he was genuine with his gesture as well. She was my favorite female singer ever, so I feel where he's comin' from about bein' hurt....I literally got sick when I heard she passed...I got a headache and everything....
 08-25-2010, 06:28 PM         #24
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some more pics

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by cheguevara; 08-25-2010 at 06:31 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #25
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
 cheguevara said:
beautiful pics i loved her natural appearance, always looked like the girl next door..
Here's a couple more.....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Verse; 08-25-2010 at 06:40 PM..
 08-25-2010, 06:34 PM         #26
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Verse said:
I don't think he was corny for that letter, I just think the last part ("Dinner's on me") was cheesy as f**k, and should've been left out.

I think he was genuine with his gesture as well. She was my favorite female singer ever, so I feel where he's comin' from about bein' hurt....I literally got sick when I heard she passed...I got a headache and everything....
What does the "dinner on me" thing mean? I didnt really understand what it meant.

And word, I felt sick too..I was in high school when it hapened...son, I literally said "f**k class" once i heard. i went home to watch the mtv and bet tribute that whole day.....I never felt that way about a celebs death. I had that one in a million cassette :dancingcool:

how do you feel about the Aaliyah movie thats been in the works?
 08-25-2010, 06:37 PM         #27
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aaliyah Movie To Begin Filming This Month

Warner Brothers Films will start filming a biopic based on Aaliyah’s life at the end of this month. The film will be directed by Bill Condon, the director behind the award-winning blockbuster, Dreamgirls. Canadian singer and former girlfriend of highly popular rapper Drake, Keshia Chanté (pictured below) is set to play the late singer. Chanté bares a striking resemblance to Aaliyah and has been vigorously studying every aspect of the star’s life.

She has viewed hundreds of hours of video in order to emulate Aaliyah, from her dance moves to her sweet melodic vocals for the film. Chanté is even speaking with Aaliyah’s family members, in order to give the role the proper justice and accuracy in which it is due. In a recent statement regarding her role, Chanté stated:

“Aaliyah inspired me and an entire generation. She was stunning, effortless and was capable of so many things. This is a hard undertaking, I have big shoes to fill but I am committed, determined and will train to the very end to master this role. I want Aaliyah’s fans and admirers to be proud of this film and feel like it was the best interpretation possible of our baby girl. I refuse to disappoint.”

Known to be a somewhat mysterious and private young woman, the film has been reported to share a very deep and personal side of Aaliyah; even addressing the singer’s controversial and highly debated marriage to her then 27-year-old producer and mentor, R. Kelly, whom she wed when she was only 15.

Aaliyah’s real life friends and colleagues will help with the film’s production and make appearances, including acclaimed choreographer Fatima Robinson, who worked with Aaliyah just hours before her untimely death. Robinson is also working with Chanté to help her replicate Aaliyah’s distinctive dance moves and style. Aaliyah’s longtime friends and musical family, Timbaland, Missy Elliot, and Ginuwine are also slated to contribute production and make appearances. Even the legendary and famous director, Hype Williams will aid in production and grace the screen, too.

The film is also reported to carry an impressive $80 million production budget and is set for a national release date for some time next year

and this is the girl playing her, i a.ssume this is a picture promoting the aaliyah film

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by cheguevara; 08-25-2010 at 06:46 PM..
 08-25-2010, 06:39 PM         #29
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

:) did the Isley brothers classic much justice.

106h n park finally playing an aaliyah video :)

thanks to everybody who posted something in here
 7 years ago '08        #30
Qdogg31 
space
space
$872 | Props total: 0 0
R.I.P. to one of my favorite and best R&B artist in my opinion : Aaliyah

[video - click to view]

08-25-2010, 06:44 PM         #31
tggs21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great thread fam. Damn I miss her...
 7 years ago '05        #32
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 cheguevara said:
maybe i shouldve titled it "rosci's a.ss" so n*ggas can bombard this thread :rant:
I'm telling you it took 4 threads about her today before she got some love!! n*ggas got it f**ked up on here...:rant:
 7 years ago '05        #34
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 cheguevara said:
Aaliyah Movie To Begin Filming This Month

and this is the girl playing her, i a.ssume this is a picture promoting the aaliyah film

[pic - click to view]

Yea they been saying Keshia looked like her. Long time coming...
 7 years ago '07        #35
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
 Swisher sweet said:
I'm telling you it took 4 threads about her today before she got some love!! n*ggas got it f**ked up on here...:rant:
For real......like I said though swish.....

Verse said:
If it ain't about a.ss and t*tties, or a twitter beef.....n*ggas on here don't give a f**k....
You can add Kat Stacks to the list as well......

cheguevara said:
What does the "dinner on me" thing mean? I didnt really understand what it meant.

And word, I felt sick too..I was in high school when it hapened...son, I literally said "f**k class" once i heard. i went home to watch the mtv and bet tribute that whole day.....I never felt that way about a celebs death. I had that one in a million cassette :dancingcool:

how do you feel about the Aaliyah movie thats been in the works?
I think the "dinner's on me" thing was just a joke.........that ended up bein' terrible and going horribly wrong.

As for the movie....I just hope they do her justice.....and Keisha Chante (the girl playin' her) is actually a good actress, and they didn't just cast her 'cause she somewhat resembles her.

EDIT: After readin' about how much effort she's putting into portraying her...I'm excited to see what she can do and how the film turns out......

Last edited by Verse; 08-25-2010 at 07:01 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #36
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,201 | Props total: 11808 11808
RIP. I remember when it flashed on MTV on the bottom of the screen
 08-25-2010, 06:49 PM         #37
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love the one of her throwing up the ROC .

[pic - click to view]

Damn thats crazy, aaliyah and static both gone...great pic
 7 years ago '09        #38
Msfourfteleven 23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,788 | Props total: 586 586
 nkflier54 said:
^^Favorite Aaliyah video right there...*tears*
 7 years ago '07        #39
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
r.i.p. to Aaliyah, always loved your stuff baby girl from Age Ain't Nothin but a Number. After hearing that album you knew ol' girl was gonna be a force. I know a lot of people who cried when she died, and I was damn near one of em.

[video - click to view]

08-25-2010, 06:53 PM         #40
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

aaliyah mtv diary few weeks before death

lol i loved the part of her on that roller coaster and bungie ride with her hair stylist

she was so genuine and friendly
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy