most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
121 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-23-2010, 11:59 PM         #1
18395 pageviews
44 comments

goodbarz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
David Stern issued 18 month suspension to Michael Jordan

good read from
[pic - click to view]

www.Hot16sand1.com » Blog Archive » David Stern issued 18 month suspension to Michael Jordan

It has been well reported over the past 15 years that Michael Jordan loved to gamble and he loved to play golf, it has also known that he isn’t any good at either.

After Jordan and company won their second NBA Championship in 1992 MJ was called to the stand to testify about a check written to a convicted cocaine dealer, James Bouler. The check was in the amount for $57,000. Under oath, Jordan admitted that it was for a payment of gambling losses over one weekend.

The following year San Diego businessman Richard Esquinas wrote the infamous book, “Michael and Me; Our Gambling Addiction”. It talked about Jordan close to a million dollars in golf-related gambling losses.

After Jordan won his third title, the NBA led by David Stern issued a four month investigation into Jordan’s gambling habits to see if he had violated league rules.

Jordan retired.

He stated in a press conference, “Five years down the road, if the urge comes back, if the Bulls will have me, if David Stern lets me back in the league, I may come back.”

I think it was quite obvious that Michael Jordan was asked to take a year off. David Stern couldn’t lose the league he help build with a crooked, gambling lead man.

David Stern also thought he was bigger than Michael Jordan, he thought the league was bigger than Michael Jordan.

Yes, Michael had just lost his father. He was burned out from playing in the Summer Olympics. The truth of the matter is, David Stern wanted the NBA to move past MJ. He had just had a run of 3 rings in a row.

Now how Michael came back, with the 55 points on the Knicks in the Garden in the 45 jersey. (He Got Every Call in that game). Actually Michael got every call in almost every game besides the famous Nick Anderson steal vs. the Magic.

Michael Jordan was asked by David Stern to leave/retire from the NBA in 1993.

Why would he retire? He was in his prime, 29 years old. For lack of desire? That would be like Kobe Bryant retiring after winning his first solo title without Shaq. Not gonna happen right?

MJ stated that he wanted to walk away from the game before his skills diminished, he seems to have changed that tune.

Now we have to talk about his tragedy in the minor leagues. He went from being a rock star, touring the country at the finest hotels, the women, the NBA life, to the Barons of the Minor League baseball. He even had to carry his own bags. He bought the team a Bus to travel with.

Why? Well Jerry Reinsdorf owned the Chicago White Sox that the Baron’s were under. MJ could keep his connections with Reinsdorf, and attempt to play baseball.

All of that being said, it really goes back to the main thing MJ said at his retirement speech, “If David Stern lets me back in the league.”

MJ returned to the NBA March, 18th, 1995, that would be exactly 18 months. An 18 month suspension issued from David Stern.

Jordan said recently that he might try and come back at 50 and play, with that much desire, and remember his “love of the game clause”, it is highly unbelievable that MJ would walk away from the game during his prime on his own.

Last edited by goodbarz; 08-24-2010 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: url link changed
Lurker gave props

44 comments for "David Stern issued 18 month suspension to Michael Jordan"

7 years ago '06        #2
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3475 3475
The GOAT retired because he felt like it....

...the GOAT returned because he felt it.

/thread
 7 years ago '07        #3
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
always felt like this was the case...i also believe he is the reason his father is k!lled. real n*ggas know why it was done like that
Lurker gave props

7 years ago '06        #4
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
@ this bulls**t

:bsflag:
 7 years ago '10        #5
Dun Dada 
space
space
$3,223 | Props total: 0 0
 01seay said:
The GOAT retired because he felt like it....

...the GOAT returned because he felt it.

/thread
Yee Fu%ka david stern. The GOAT ran the NBA and he could do whatever he wanted to do.
 7 years ago '04        #6
Mark-Ez 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,055 | Props total: 1282 1282
wheres the reach gif
 7 years ago '05        #7
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1317 1317
GOAT, everyone bow down
 7 years ago '08        #8
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620

[pic - click to view]

@ March 18th and 18 month suspension, get this illuminate bulls**t outta here

Last edited by Main Event; 08-24-2010 at 12:34 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #9
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
I don't find it believable that Stern issued a suspension.. There's no point in handing out a "silent" suspension.

It does, however, seen plausible that MJ retired because of an investigation that he was involved in..

But the Jordan Jockers will just call his retirement to some stupid s**t like "lack of competition" or "boredom" or whatever the f**k else way they can make it look in a better way, so I digress..
 08-24-2010, 12:36 AM         #10
Lex Lossis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gotdamn every last one of yall is a f**kin Stanley holy s**t yall are programmed
 7 years ago '09        #11
gGgM35 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,150 | Props total: 33 33
I thought this was pretty much known already that this was probably the reason he left.

Last edited by gGgM35; 08-24-2010 at 01:16 AM..
 7 years ago '09        #12
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
 gGgM35 said:
I thought this was pretty much known already,that this was probably the reason he left.
this.....
 7 years ago '08        #13
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,814 | Props total: 3446 3446
@ yall stupid a.ss conspiracy theorists. I know I shouldn't waste my time with idiots that have absolutely no proof to back up their claims, but here's a few questions anyway:

Why would someone worth hundreds of millions let their pops get k!lled over gambling debts?
Why would Stern cover up for MJ then secretly suspend him?
Who the f**k would hire those 2 dumb a.sses for a high profile murder?
With all the known gamblers in the NBA why would stern suspend MJ, yet give Iverson, Barkley and plenty of others a pass?
Since the f**k when is gambling against the rules?

Yall dumb a.sses wanna have it both ways. First stern is corrupt and only about making money and helping marketable stars, but apparently he suspended the most marketable athlete ever, which one is it?
 7 years ago '04        #14
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,693 | Props total: 1473 1473
yeah it's true

stern also bought Darius Miles dime bags

gave Magic HIV

and stopped Reggie Lewis's heart with a single thought
 08-24-2010, 01:53 AM         #15
goodbarz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
idk thought it was interesting to say the least....i think, it would have been kept quiet if it was true though...

instead of getting the bad PR get less PR and he comes back and use that as good media...
 7 years ago '07        #16
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6112 6112
bulls**t

He retired to save his image. he was gambling with crooked people and he knew the leagues investigation would air out every last detail to the public of what he was doing behind closed doors.
 7 years ago '05        #17
monkeysnthings 78 heat pts78
space
space
$2,221 | Props total: 76 76
Funny, I just was talking bout his pop's murder in a bar tonight and the different conspiracy theories out there. Most people really believe the one that the mob wanted him to throw the finals against the Suns in '93. When Jordan didn't, his father was k!lled as retaliation. A lot of people also tie in the fact that Barkley was on the other side and his well documented gambling woes as well.

I'm not saying I believe it all, I'm just passing on what people are saying. Interesting how now the crime lab that help convict the man jailed in his father's murder is now under investigation for falsifying results and what not.

Dude was the best player I have ever seen play and his personal life is his business as far as I'm concerned but from the bars to the barbershops everyone says his gambling & ties to different criminal organizations is why his father was k!lled and that's hard to argue.
 7 years ago '10        #18
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,158 | Props total: 8155 8155
18 months suspension for gambling on golf.....to the best player in the NBA at the time.....after his 3rd chip....

He may have been getting investigated but Stern aint got the balls to suspend a n*gga like MJ for 18 months, sh*t Gilbert got 50 games for having a damn duel in the locker room

Now how Michael came back, with the 55 points on the Knicks in the Garden in the 45 jersey. (He Got Every Call in that game). Actually Michael got every call in almost every game besides the famous Nick Anderson steal vs. the Magic.
Now we have to talk about his tragedy in the minor leagues. He went from being a rock star, touring the country at the finest hotels, the women, the NBA life, to the Barons of the Minor League baseball. He even had to carry his own bags. He bought the team a Bus to travel with.
Sh*t like this has nothing to do with the story and its written by a clown with no writing skills. He's hating on the GOAT and trying to slander his name, I spit in his face electronically
 7 years ago '07        #19
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 Main Event said:

[pic - click to view]

@ March 18th and 18 month suspension, get this illuminate bulls**t outta here
adsfatgasdtwetrwqerwehsdgsdfgsadfg
h

aefsadftaehwethwerhwe
 7 years ago '04        #20
LovinPavan 
space
space
$5,632 | Props total: 1132 1132
this is up there with bill cosby and oprah winfrey breaking into dave chapelle's house and f**king with him.
Home      

most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
169 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
91 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
203 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
229 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
263 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy