why do people think mos def is smart?

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-22-2010, 08:52 PM         #41
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All these hipsters (both white and neo-soul) are just as radical in their views as conversely, the tea baggers. This dude was speaking out of emotion. Bill mahr stays playing people on the show so this is no shocker..however, how can u consider him smart with all them children!?
 7 years ago '09        #42
LOONATIK 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,149 | Props total: 472 472
What does him having all them children have to do with anything?? If he can support em the way they should be supported then where's he stupid at?? I'll wait.
 7 years ago '04        #43
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,850 | Props total: 5193 5193
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I told you before, Boxden is not equivalent to speed dating. Please refrain from asking questions about me - it's pretty weird.

Now as to Mos Def, the famous rapper, what exactly did he study at "NYU" - music? Drama?

Link me to the video where he was "articulate". In the video clip in the opening post, Mos Def's use of the English language is rudimentary; worse, he stumbles repeatedly, fumbling for words & ideas that are almost always out of his reach. I can't stand cats like you on here.

I watched the video. Mos Def comes across as a fool in the video. What part don't I know? Come on, little guy - just walk away.
You claimed he was not educated, but he is at least college educated, then of course like the typical pompous online message board member, instead of saying "oh, I didn't know that", you questioned the significance of his studies there (another thing you know nothing about) and implied that they were laughable . Little Guy ? Man Please.

Last edited by #1nasfan; 08-22-2010 at 09:11 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #44
ljames1 2 heat pts
space
space
$495 | Props total: 20 20
lets sit you guys down with hitchens and rushdie and see how intelligent you sound
 08-22-2010, 11:07 PM         #45
TheKharma  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
....there is no excuse for anyone deciding who is smart or not, because none of you are in Mos Def's head listening to what he is thinking. you people all come to this forum to try and appear smarter than everyone else, when you have no idea who the people you are talking to even are. this was a retarded post. i think Mos Def handled himself very well in the debate. He pretty much had to yell over the guys because they had no respect for his opinion.
 7 years ago '05        #46
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 #1nasfan said:
You claimed he was not educated, but he is at least college educated, then of course like the typical pompous online message board member, instead of saying "oh, I didn't know that", you questioned the significance of his studies there (another thing you know nothing about) and implied that they were laughable . Little Guy ? Man Please.
"at least college educated" - right. Did I say he was not? No, I said he was not educated. He is on a panel with Christopher Hitchens & in that kind of company, he is not educated.

Why would I state "oh, I didn't know that" when whether I did or didn't has no bearing on any points being made? And when I could instead follow my suspicion - subsequently well-founded, btw - that even in the event that Mos Def had been to university, that he had been enrolled in a course of no real academic significance. And especially when some groupie board member had tried to cast aspersions on me using Mos Def's alleged "credentials" as the vehicle.

It's pretty clear that everything I said about Mos Def here was true & remains so.
 08-22-2010, 11:32 PM         #47
steviebaby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mos Def made great points
 7 years ago '05        #48
GST 
space
space
$14,833 | Props total: 2402 2402
he was a little outclassed but he still kicked the basic principles and logics which is lead by example..if we can have nukes and we're the biggest terrorists in the world then why can' they,give a f**k who they are..if we're so bad then we shouldn't be scared and damn sure can't protect everybody...the english dude is a f**got..alot of those older english c*nts hate black ppl so his only response to Mos speaking the basic points from his heart that millions of ppl feel,was to be an a$$hole and speak like ppl that sit around and scheme on how to get over on ppl all day
 08-22-2010, 11:48 PM         #49
Beaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rappers need to shut the f**k up about political issues

none of them are smart enough to be commenting
 7 years ago '09        #50
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,413 | Props total: 12353 12353
I had no problem with Mos Def in this clip or when he was on Maher's show. He isn't a Rhodes Scholar or some pompous a**hole that reads and studies all day everyday and claim to be a genius. Yeah, the guys he was there to debate topics with had the book sense to eloquently state their arguments but if they were both saying the same thing or close to it who cares how the message was conveyed.
The point of Bill Maher's show is to bring a diverse panel together to discuss topics so viewers can see/hear different angles and views. If you go away with a twisted reality of what you just watched afterwards because you felt one person had no business on there then you shouldn't be watching the show in the first place.

Oh yeah, what does anything on the show have to do with his music?
 7 years ago '05        #51
GST 
space
space
$14,833 | Props total: 2402 2402
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
"at least college educated" - right. Did I say he was not? No, I said he was not educated. He is on a panel with Christopher Hitchens & in that kind of company, he is not educated.

Why would I state "oh, I didn't know that" when whether I did or didn't has no bearing on any points being made? And when I could instead follow my suspicion - subsequently well-founded, btw - that even in the event that Mos Def had been to university, that he had been enrolled in a course of no real academic significance. And especially when some groupie board member had tried to cast aspersions on me using Mos Def's alleged "credentials" as the vehicle.

It's pretty clear that everything I said about Mos Def here was true & remains so.

you've been programmed..Hitchen's answer to the basic theory that we all are entitled to defend and eguip ourselves equivalent or greater than our enemies was high class skull and bone political gibberish
 7 years ago '05        #52
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 Peterparker said:
Whoa you f**king piece of european s**t the points Mos Def stated were on point and valid... and anybody who disagrees with Mos Def is a f**king idiot who only buys into what mainstream society tells you?

Let's anyalyze...you all can't tell me Mos Def is an idiot and not state why?? Tell me exactly what is it that he stated that he had a lack of knowledge of???

1.Mos Def said "There should be no Nuclear club" basically stating America and Europe the western countries(the countries controlled by caucasians are being hypocritical to tell other countries,islamic countries not to have nuclear weapons when they actually done there fair share of dirt with nuclear weapons)..the f**got cracka point was Iran is lying and there extremist so they shouldn't have it...again Mos Def said it's simple hypocrisy which it is...

2.Now you have 2 white f**gots who co-sign a hypocritical democracy like the western countries who colonized dark countries and exploit dark countries..who was the only country who used these nuclear weapons to wipe out a large population (ex:Hiroshima and Nagasaki ) show me where any of these islamic groups have rival the catasophere of United States when it comes nuclear weapons?? I'll be waiting(ohhhhhh it COULD HAPPEN..f**k outta here)

3.Mos Def said "diggin uranium and steel out of the ground is an evinornmental issue"...prove this statement wrong??

4.The statement about everbody has a religion..these dumb a.sses took it as him saying you were a christian or muslim or jew or any other popular religion that believes in some spook in the sky, when he clearly went into detail about what he ment by "everbody has a religion"...which he was pretty damn correct on his execution

The only problem with Mos Def was he went into a fixed f!ght..you know the crackas was not going to agree with his point of view..there hypocritical as you motherf**kers are..this is how the elite and the ppl who support there ideologies work...If the powers that be do it it's right and legal.. if the ppl they oppress do it, it's wrong and illegal..bottom line I don't want to hear what a wet dog smelling devil has to say about what these "terrorist" want to do or might can do...I want to hear it from the "terrorist" mouth..your b**ching about articulation...motherf**ker aslong as his points were made that's the bottom line..the audience agreed with him so who lost???
You appear old enough to view a video & form opinions yourself - except you appear to form incorrect ones. This is unfortunate but I'm not here to lead you by the hand through video clips, explaining the ins & outs at every turn. I am not your father, sorry. I will address the points you, yourself, raise, however.

"1. ...basically stating America and Europe the western countries(the countries controlled by caucasians are being hypocritical to tell other countries,islamic countries not to have nuclear weapons when they actually done there fair share of dirt with nuclear weapons" - I see you're about as literate as Mos Def so this dialogue will likely be a struggle for you.

Here are the states that have nuclear capabilities that fall under the "American, European &/or Western" banner:
- the United States of America;
- Great Britain; &
- France.

Here are the states that have nuclear capabilities that do NOT fall under said banner:
- Israel, a Middle Eastern state;
- China, an Asian state;
- India, an Asian state; &
- Pakistan, an Asian state.

Wait, Pakistan? Isn't that like, an official ISLAMIC state?! Ouch, I hope Mos Def knows more than you about this subject!

So wait, we have FOUR non-American, non-European & non-Western states with nuclear capabilities, versus only THREE American, European or Western states with nuclear capabilities?

Russia was omitted from this list because it only fulfils one aspect of each banner; being European by virtue of membership in the European Union, but also historically being seen as non-Western, due to sociopolitical & geographical issues.

Therefore, if Mos Def was trying to make the point you say he was trying to make, he would have been factually inaccurate. Perhaps you should review the video clip.

As for your perception of the "f**got cracka point", you are again invited to review the video clip. Mos Def is the one who raises the notion that Iran is lying; it is therefore his point. Hitchens is merely in agreement. And yes, the extremist element involved in governing Iran is what Hitchens believes makes that state unsuitable for nuclear armament - an absolutely irrefutable point. Mos Def continually fails to see this point, hence he is wrong. And an idiot, as well.

Branding this position "hypocrisy" is also incorrect as hypocrisy is predicated on the presence of some sort of pretence; there is no pretence involved in being against Iran's nuclear armament. The threat is very much real, & so the grave reservations justified - eliminating the possibility of hypocrisy, & rendering Mos Def's a.ssertion of hypocrisy invalid.

"2.Now you have 2 white f**gots who co-sign a hypocritical democracy like the western countries" - you are basically just crying here. I did not hear Rushdie or Hitchens "co-sign" any "western" country. I heard them both voice concern over Iran gaining nuclear capabilities. And I heard Rushdie state, as plain as day, that he was against nuclear proliferation. This #2 is just that - bulls**t.

"3." - it's not wrong so much as irrelevant. It is us having a discussion about Iran & nuclear armament & you saying the sky is blue; I'm not going to contest this point, but I am going to note that you are a f**king idiot.

"4.The statement about everbody has a religion..these dumb a.sses took it as him saying you were a christian or muslim or jew or any other popular religion" - the fact that you legitimately believe there was merit in Mos Def's childish rant says a lot about your lack of intelligence & the fact that you thought it were Rushdie & Hitchens who were incapable of comprehension pretty much condemns you to full blown idiocy. It was clear Mos Def was presenting his view, a simple-minded view, & the rest of the panel were dismissing it because they are not of simple mind. You're invited to re-listen to Mos Def's use of the word "faith" & see how pathetic it sounds. No, the rest of the panel don't swear by anything, in particular, so he was incorrect. And sounded like he was mentally handicapped, as well.

Overall, Mos Def's use of English (which ranged from cringeworthy to terrible), petulant manner & repeatedly inaccurate statements succeeded in making him look like a fool to educated people.

And it is pathetic that you're trying to comment on the rest of the panel's position on the global nuclear question beyond what they have stated here - that is, of course, unless you're familiar with their other discourse on this question? Rushdie is flat out anti-nuclear, to begin with. Yet you're ranting away about how these guys, who are infinitely smarter than yourself & have considered these issues more than you ever will, just support this or that.

Here's my favourite though:
"your b**ching about articulation...motherf**ker aslong as his points were made" - failing to articulate your point IS failing to make your point, dips**t.

Maybe you should enroll in some classes with Mos Def.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 08-23-2010 at 12:11 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #53
chrisf249 
space
space
$1,059 | Props total: 363 363
mos def always plays the semi retarted dude in his movies. that "its my birthday.. i want some cake" qoute in that bruce willis movie always cracks me up

you cant play his smarts, bill maher has these convos with the intention on bashing them to the educated eye. Its like comedy central to them, have you ever seen maher get ethered on his show.
 7 years ago '05        #54
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 Gattsau said:
most of ur points r right but u know u have to put Israel with the west.
Israel has Western sympathies but that's it. It is not an American state, or a European state.

If fulfilling one of his - not mine, remember - criteria was enough then I could just easily place Russia on the second list as a non-Western state & the numerical outcome would be the same.

I feel the list was created objectively; for instance, even though including North Korea would have helped my position, numerically speaking, I opted not to include it as another non-American, non-European & non-Western state as, unlike the other nations on the list, its nuclear armament was & remains ardently opposed by almost all of the world's notable states - although I'm sure this will have went over the other guy's head anyway.
 08-23-2010, 11:23 AM         #55
Zo1987  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:

please, at least he went to college. You always like to s**t about whose smart and who isn't. What are ur education stats then my good fellow.

p.s. u better have a degree in mechanical engineering or something similar to back up all the trash u spew in this forum.
 08-23-2010, 11:42 AM         #56
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the ideaology of cam vs mos def is no comparison, Mos def may not have been able to articulate his views properly but at least his views made sense, and I agreed with him, cam was just retarded dumb
 7 years ago '04        #57
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,736 | Props total: 23254 23254
so we are trying to establish that mos def is a dumb rapper??

only a fool will try to negate a mans level of intelligence
 7 years ago '10        #58
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
Watched the video, not exactly sure what he said exactly that was "unintelligent". He was simply debating his view.
I didn't necessarily agree with what he was saying, but he backed up his points saying the US should lead by example and get rid of nuclear weapons. He didn't do the best job of articulating himself, but didn't really say anything dumb. He's just a pacifist. Just because you or I don't agree doesn't mean its dumb.
And he's right about everyone having a "religion". Hitchens is just trying to clown him because Hitchens views himself as the leading authority on religion (do some research on the guy and see that although he has good points he's full of himself), but he's not getting Mos's point that even if you dont believe in God, everyone has something they believe in that guides them, whether it be TV, Money, s3x or whatever.

Cam came on national TV (60 minutes) and told people that he would let a pedophile who would r*pe his children roam free because he doesn't snitch....that's retarded

Last edited by knowlege bass; 08-23-2010 at 12:49 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #59
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
 Beaker said:
rappers need to shut the f**k up about political issues

none of them are smart enough to be commenting
I do agree with that...or they should stick to just rhyming it. This actually goes for many celebrities even beyond hip-hop. They are not equipped.
 7 years ago '10        #60
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
Because he's from Brooklyn
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago