Top 10 Shooting Guards: Dwade Better than Kobe (according to yahoo.com)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
147 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
10589 pageviews
282 comments

tharegime 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,163 | Props total: 21 21
Top 10 Shooting Guards: Dwade Better than Kobe (according to yahoo.com)

[pic - click to view]

http://sports.yahoo.com/n .. urn=nba-263900
Top 5:

5. Manu Ginobili(notes), San Antonio Spurs (last year: fourth)

At his best and healthiest, Manu is just a step below Kobe Bryant(notes). The problem is that he's not often healthy, doesn't play enough minutes and can't sustain the type of brilliance that we saw last March, when Manu averaged 22.1 points in just 31 minutes on 52 percent shooting, with 9.6 combined rebounds/assists. So, No. 5 sounds about right, with the caveat that, when everything is going smoothly, few can take over a game like Manu.

4. Joe Johnson(notes), Atlanta Hawks (last year: fifth)

I called his contract extension "the worst contract in NBA history," and I meant it. A $120 million contract that will pay Johnson from age 29-35? Terrible.

But for this season and the next, Johnson will be a sound all-around wing player for the Hawks. Yes, he needs the ball and plenty of minutes to drop his (over) 20 points and (nearly) five a.ssists and five rebounds, but he's also a lower-rung All-Star who can be counted on to sop up minutes (and for that yearly January swoon, as the minutes catch up to him), and that's enough for a top-five ranking at this position.

3. Brandon Roy(notes), Portland Trail Blazers (last year: third)

Roy took a bit of a step back in 2009-10, but, if anything, it pointed out that his all-world play in 2008-09 might be a bit of an aberration and last season is more of the norm. But what a norm it is -- 26 other teams would k!ll for that "norm." Roy averaged 21.5 points and 9.1 combined a.ssists/rebounds on a team with the fewest possessions per game. The injuries worry the heck out of me, but let's not get into that until we have to, OK?

2. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers (last year: second)

You can rant and rail and tell me once again that I'm looking for attention or trying to create waves, but Kobe Bryant is coming off a year that saw him drag an injured leg and back around, and he's still got a bum index finger on his shooting hand. He's played over 45,000 minutes in his career counting the playoffs and he turns 32 on Monday. Dwyane Wade(notes) shot better, turned the ball over fewer times, a.ssisted more despite terrible teammates, picked up more steals and blocks -- and he's four years younger. And he'll have the better season in 2010-11.

The Lakers are still the favorites in my eyes, and Kobe Bryant should be respected more than any other player in this league, but he's part of a great team now. And he passed the torch last season. Really, he passed two seasons ago to those who were playing attention.

1. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat (last year: first)

Nobody wants anything to do with Wade, his teammates and the unseemly mess that produced what will be the 2010-11 Miami Heat, but you can't argue with Wade's production from last season. Constantly double- and triple-teamed, with some defenses sending trap defenders to get the ball out of his hands 30 feet from the hoop, Wade still put up 26.6 points per game on 47.6 percent shooting, with 11.3 combined a.ssists/rebounds. He also averaged 1.8 steals and 1.1 blocks. At age 28, this guy is just hitting his prime, too.
I'm no Kobe stan but come on image

282 comments for "Top 10 Shooting Guards: Dwade Better than Kobe (according to yahoo.com)"

7 years ago '05        #2
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,451 | Props total: 7096 7096
You disagree?

Right now, today, Wade>Kobe.

Career wise? Kobe>Wade, but that wasn't the question.
 7 years ago '04        #3
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456

He's not, but it doesn't really matter anyways..

One dude's opinion.
 7 years ago '06        #4
tharegime 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
I'd still take Kobe over anyone in the NBA for this season
 7 years ago '04        #5
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3265 3265
i would put D. Wade over Kobe right now, but like akademiks said, its all opinions
 7 years ago '10        #6
SandmanNyC 26 heat pts26
space
space
$4,602 | Props total: 2282 2282
 tharegime said:
I'd still take Kobe over anyone in the NBA for this season
:iagree:
 7 years ago '04        #7
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,195 | Props total: 5469 5469
the entire "Ball Don't Lie" blog section on Yahoo are known to be anti-Kobe. it's been like that for years. this doesn't surprise me at all since the summer have nothing to talk about.
 7 years ago '05        #8
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
I still feel Kobe is the best player in the league, but the gap between him and Wade is close that I wouldn't even b**ch if someone put Wade ahead of him... IMO, Wade is the best playoff performer out of the two(kobe has played on far better teams so dont give me that 5 ring bulls**t, from an individual standpoint I'm speaking on), and lets not even speak on Bron.
 7 years ago '06        #9
tharegime 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
I dont understand how anyonw can say D wade is better than Kobe. The only reason Wade looked good last year is because he had no one on his team so his stats were inflated. Check his stats this year and I bet his scoring average goes wayy down. If kobe wanted to average 30 a game he still could but he would rather win instead
 7 years ago '04        #10
tariqosuave 
space
space
space
$289 | Props total: 4 4
well put it like this... kobe is the player on his team wade isn't... You mean to tell me that the Lakers are the favorite the heat have the better team... that is stupid... and a cop out.
 7 years ago '08        #11
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,731 | Props total: 11627 11627
Some people have dumb logic :disdain2:
 7 years ago '04        #12
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 Young Professa said:
the entire "Ball Don't Lie" blog section on Yahoo are known to be anti-Kobe. it's been like that for years. this doesn't surprise me at all since the summer have nothing to talk about.
Not really that section, just that one dude Kelly Dwyer..

He claims the reason he dislikes Kobe is because he's a fan of the triangle offense and hates seeing Kobe screw it up or something dumb like that ..
 08-20-2010, 09:05 PM         #13
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Didn't Kobe just win B2B championships?
 7 years ago '04        #14
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3265 3265
 tharegime said:
I dont understand how anyonw can say D wade is better than Kobe. The only reason Wade looked good last year is because he had no one on his team so his stats were inflated. Check his stats this year and I bet his scoring average goes wayy down. If kobe wanted to average 30 a game he still could but he would rather win instead
for all of what you jus said you only mentioned one side of the ball...and for the record Wade is every bit of a scorer as Kobe Bryant, Kobe has a better J but Wade can score at will if he wants too, and on the defensive side of things, Wade is probably the best defender at the 2 in the league...its a lot closer than what you think
 7 years ago '05        #15
Rubix 
space
space
$8,494 | Props total: 826 826
Lebron and wade are better than kobe right now. I hate doing this but if u took either of those players and put them on that laker team, they'd have hardware right now or in wades case, more hardware.
 7 years ago '05        #16
Rubix 
space
space
$8,494 | Props total: 826 826
 TheBallDontLie said:
Didn't Kobe just win B2B championships?
The lakers did and kobe almost cost them one last finals in that gm 7.
 7 years ago '10        #17
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 Rubix said:
Lebron and wade are better than kobe right now. I hate doing this but if u took either of those players and put them on that laker team, they'd have hardware right now or in wades case, more hardware.

How old is Lebron and Wade? and how old is Kobe? Thought so.
 7 years ago '10        #18
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 Rubix said:
The lakers did and kobe almost cost them one last finals in that gm 7.

Mad salty. Get over the hate.
 7 years ago '10        #19
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,172 | Props total: 8212 8212
 Young Professa said:
 akademiks said:
Not really that section, just that one dude Kelly Dwyer..

He claims the reason he dislikes Kobe is because he's a fan of the triangle offense and hates seeing Kobe screw it up or something dumb like that ..
It goes both ways cause Adrian Wojo hates Lebron, and Dwyer tries to do the same with Kobe but he's not as open with it as Wojo.
 7 years ago '07        #20
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,789 | Props total: 14597 14597
 tharegime said:
I'd still take Kobe's TEAM over any team in the NBA for this season
fixed
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
108 comments