Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
2 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #81
jwill 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$982 | Props total: 273 273
there will always be nice mc's in all decades, i feel hes referring to the type of mcs that are popular nowadays as opposed to what was popular in the past.
 7 years ago '10        #82
dzPHL 
space
space
$1,123 | Props total: 0 0
 dg177bx said:
youre a young mothaf**ka shut the f**k up nobody in that list would even come close to a class c rapper in the 90's please shut yourself up if you have no knowledge you will only be serving us a big doze of plattitude
 08-22-2010, 11:18 PM         #83
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Didn't hear anything, I'm too busy swagging. yeaahhh.
 7 years ago '05        #84
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,099 | Props total: 4231 4231
nice mcs are still here, the radio n videos just down play em
 7 years ago '04        #85
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 1782 1782
 Ahmed said:
What Ya'll Think? :hmm:

The old timers flow on beats were so elementary its laughable compared to todays standards. s**t didnt start gittin ill n*ggas like rahkim
 7 years ago '04        #86
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 1782 1782
 stogz said:
Today's MCs can't f**k with Mother Goose or Dr. Seuss. Goose and Seuss got iller rhymes AND they better story tellers. They was mad original too.

I dare oone of y'all to disagree with me. Y'all know damn well can't none of these new emcees f**k with the concepts, stories, and/or originality of Seuss and Goose.
green eggs && ham?? stfu.
 7 years ago '05        #87
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,524 | Props total: 1691 1691
Personal Honorable mentions:
M.O.P.
Wordsworth
Phonte
Skyzoo
Royce da 5'9

i think most of that little list is 90's tho - i know the first 2 are
 7 years ago '09        #88
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
Thats The Truth
 7 years ago '06        #89
munie 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,525 | Props total: 198 198
Dude is speaking the truth. There are great MCs out there but most of them are underground. In the 90s, you had rappers like Mobb Deep, Pac, Big, Outkast, Bone Thugs, Ice Cube and Jay topping the charts and back then every region had Legendary MCs repping them and putting out classic music. Chart toppers these days are gimmick for the most part, it is definitely not the same. A lot of these 90s artists are still releasing quality albums. (OB4CL 2, The Renaissance, Distant Relatives, etc..)
 7 years ago '04        #90
will535 
space
space
$1,301 | Props total: 2 2
 cold_young_thug said:
The old timers flow on beats were so elementary its laughable compared to todays standards. s**t didnt start gittin ill n*ggas like rahkim
:rofl2:

wow you are young. look at what they had to work with back then till now. its like compairing ps3 to Commodore - 64.

90's>>>>>today

plan and simple back then it was diffrent people listening to music. people chilling out drinking a 40 and smoking a blunt and they wanted a good beats and a good verses.
they rapped about what they went through or what they have seen and they were telling a story. people back then seen or been through what they were just rapping about and the song ment something to them

today. its all about the beat. don't have a good beat and a catch phase no one going to buy it so some no money coming in. rappers these days just care on how much they could make per song and what can they buy with that money. there are some out there that still do but no big time label and underground is their only chance to make some money and they will keep making music as long as people are still feeling what they are rapping about

Last edited by will535; 08-23-2010 at 12:26 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #91
talkofny2k4 102 heat pts102
space
space
$6,615 | Props total: 7323 7323
 Lupe Hunter said:
Blu
Fashawn
J.Cole
Big Krit
Elzhi
lupe
they can its just another salty rapper who is not that successful complaining
out of all those catz u named LUPE is the only one that make a solid album, solid records....why somebody always gotta be salty or a hater for speaking how the feel or in most situation speaking the truth....
 7 years ago '04        #92
downtown33 
space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
to all my old heads, we got a fukin cop in hip-hop!!!!!!!!!! that s**t back in the 90's woulda been eatin alive
 7 years ago '06        #93
WillScrillz5000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,666 | Props total: 552 552
I read all the posts. One thing is true... Let the 90's live in the f**kin 90's!!!! because the game is different now, and the game will be different in 2020. The same arguments will continue too. But, if anything good does come out of this thread, it is the appreciation of good artists that have come before. I grew up on 90's rap, and I can still call a good rapper today (lupe, cudi (dont judge, lol), fashawn...) but s**t will change, and you will look like an old dummy if you cant adapt to the new s**t!!! All i Know is that you gotta appreciate the history of this, because they DID know what they were doing back then, and the 90s knew about the 80s generation. This s**t aint new! stop acting like it's new! show love for the new and old, because all of yall will become old at some point, lol!!!
 7 years ago '05        #94
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 WillScrillz5000 said:
I read all the posts. One thing is true... Let the 90's live in the f**kin 90's!!!! because the game is different now, and the game will be different in 2020. The same arguments will continue too. But, if anything good does come out of this thread, it is the appreciation of good artists that have come before. I grew up on 90's rap, and I can still call a good rapper today (lupe, cudi (dont judge, lol), fashawn...) but s**t will change, and you will look like an old dummy if you cant adapt to the new s**t!!! All i Know is that you gotta appreciate the history of this, because they DID know what they were doing back then, and the 90s knew about the 80s generation. This s**t aint new! stop acting like it's new! show love for the new and old, because all of yall will become old at some point, lol!!!
real talk.

at the end of the day, dope music is dope music and if you really love hip hop you will find good music, don't just expect it to come to you.
 08-23-2010, 02:38 AM         #95
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when you have "rappers" like lil wayne and drake being considered the "best " of whatever it is the f**k they do...then you would have to agree with Crooked I
 08-23-2010, 02:47 AM         #96
grandroyal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yawl not even really listenin' to what he's sayin'. He's not really sayin' there aren't nice MC's today, he's sayin' that the prominent ones aren't elevatin' the game. The Wu, BIG, Pac, Nas, Jigga, etc, all pushed each other lyrically and still managed to maintain large fanbases. Whether u have a lot of substance or not, try to separate yourself as an MC.

He goes on to say he's happy for their success, but he wouldn't want them seen as the only representation of hip-hop. I woulldn't call that hatin'.
 7 years ago '04        #97
Dollaz 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,811 | Props total: 122 122
I think the bottom line is, there's no balance in the mainstream with today's hiphop. Every era had its fair share of garbage rappers and every era has its fair share of spitters as well. The difference is in today's hip-hop, there's a lack of variety marketed in the mainstream and that has created an imbalance that has made lyrical integrity on a main stream level damn near obsolete. This is not about hatin' on who's getting it now, it just about having more diversity and balance in the mainstream.
 7 years ago '08        #98
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,652 | Props total: 1220 1220
i think rick ross would be in the DICTONARY of 2000's hip hop
like dude said..a cop can be a hip hop star..wow

IN THE DICTONARY

80s-RUN DMC
90s-NOTORIOUS B.I.G
00s-RICK ROSS
 7 years ago '06        #99
DrockSteady 44 heat pts44
space
space
$5,974 | Props total: 2 2
 ash1990 said:
@ n*ggaz sleeping on Scarface

i only got to page two to and saw no one say anything about the key word in Crooked I's statement and that word being "forefront" he aint talkin bout this whole new generation of rappers hes talkin bout the n*ggas in the lime light and for the most part i agree with his statement.

there isnt too many MCs in the limelight that could lyrically hold their own with anyone who dropped a album in 96 or before.
 7 years ago '05        #100
darulersback 
space
space
$2,813 | Props total: 15 15
I like 90's rap cuz it was still a sport let me get on the mic & show that I am better than the next man). Now its how much $ can I make on a song even if it is lyrically garbage. There are some MC's 2day that still put effort in there words but. 2days fans (the majority) r concerned with Sounscans and Forbes, all of which have no relavencr to lyrical ability, and point to your ability to make masses friendly (pop) music,
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
134 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Walmart employee smokes weed in front of shoppers
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
350 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy