Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-21-2010, 02:49 AM         #61
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
I remember when the best rappers made the best music.... and the best music used to be on regular radio and played in the streets and I a.ssume in the clubs as well.

Now....

Garbage rappers make the worst music and that music is played on radio and in the clubs. People tell me I gotta go find the good music. Why the f**k I got to go search for sh*t though? What the h*ll is promoters for? What is advertising for? I should not have to go on a journey, and hunt, a crusade to find the best music. The best music should find me. The best music should be in demand.
So wait it's the artists fault that people have terrible taste so they create this music to make money at their job which is the entire point? Stop crying about artists just because you kids f**ked it up, accept the blame you tight panted f**gots.
 7 years ago '07        #62
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,037 | Props total: 30320 30320
 Icemouth said:
So wait it's the artists fault that people have terrible taste so they create this music to make money at their job which is the entire point? Stop crying about artists just because you kids f**ked it up, accept the blame you tight panted f**gots.
Why did you even quote me? You need to either read my post again... or rephrase your post.
 08-21-2010, 08:25 AM         #63
YoungGQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lupe Hunter said:
Blu
Fashawn
J.Cole
Big Krit
Elzhi
lupe
they can its just another salty rapper who is not that successful complaining
if you watched the vid...he directed that statement toward the n*ggas that are in the mainstream......and ain't nann n*gga on that list other than maybe Cole really circulating mainstream right now...so, i don't think there's any complaining happening.
 08-21-2010, 08:37 AM         #64
YoungGQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nkflier54 said:
RD was good but wasn't his best album He REALLY became the Jay ppl love when Blueprint came out. Followed by Blueprint 2 then Black Album.
Vol. 2 did 5 mil..in '98, sir....and Reasonable Doubt dropped in '96.....YOU might not have got hip til The Black Album or some s**t...don't mean he wasn't gettin busy
 7 years ago '05        #65
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
I think what people are faling to mention is that there wasnt really a thriving underground scene until mid nineties. So if you a rap artist you came out with your style and got radio play. Because rap was still such a fledgling thing, its was still finding its way and creativity was at a high because there wasnt much that came before. So being a hip hop artist as different you were considered a point of difference in the industry and hip hop wasnt in every household, most rap artists that were on a label got radio play. The mainstream was not just the mainstream, it was hip hop's way of getting out to the world. Now because hip hop is so accessible and has to cater for so many different audiences, substance and quality is found underground in most part and the mainstream is all about the dollars.

He aint putting s**t into context, cause you comparing eras and that always will never get you anywhere cause hip hop's place in the world is completely different to what it was back in the day.
 08-21-2010, 01:34 PM         #66
twt88  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
so because u've been into hiphop forever u decide who's real

most rappers are in it for $$$ and fame. stop lying to urself
CO-SIGN.

Old School was good, rap up to about 8 years ago could have held its own though.
 7 years ago '04        #67
TrueWest_1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 198 198
my thing is why is it always some old rapper who's time came and went and never made it big always the ones to try to diss the new school or new rappers?! Crooked I is my dude but come on now.
 7 years ago '07        #68
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 dg177bx said:
^^this burger a.ss black a.ss n*gga with a nicki minaj picture in his s**t talkin reckless with no subject matter to respond with wants to argue...thats the ssame exucuse youre gonna use every time someone shuts your simple a.ss up when it comes to this ubject . STFU you are not important in this debate you are now ignored
i can't believe people still use the ignore button.
 7 years ago '06        #69
Prince Ace 35 heat pts35
space
space
$15,720 | Props total: 8903 8903

[video - click to view]

Raekwon and k!lla Sin murdered this joint
 7 years ago '04        #70
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 1566 1566
the new generation got some spitters out here

Lupe Fiasco
Joell Ortiz
Blu
Fashawn
Cory Gunz
J.cole
Pac Dic
Skyzoo
Loaded lux

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Tell me them n*ggas ain't spittn', I came up on the 90's cats but so did all these new n*ggas to you can tell, old n*gga young n*gga if you nice you nice period

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 08-21-2010 at 04:28 PM..
 08-22-2010, 08:59 PM         #71
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lupe Hunter said:
Blu
Fashawn
J.Cole
Big Krit
Elzhi
lupe
all the ones u mentioned are nce, but they are definately not f**kin wit these guys in their primes

Red Man
Eminem
Big L
Big Pun
Rakim
Big Daddy Kane
Canibus
lauren hill
jay z
nas
common
royce da 5'9
AZ
method man
tech 9
kurupt
lady of rage
masta ace

most these cats are old school rappers and honestly until today the alive ones are faaaaaaaaaaaar better than any u can throw. bring elzhi i say AZ, Nas, Eminem were doing his style but better,

u say lupe....nas was better in the mid 90s and i still prefer him now

j. cole....eminem was better at that age as was everyone on the list i mentioned besides redman maybe

we got nice emcees today, but on spit game......the 90s k!lls the modern era

ladu
 08-22-2010, 09:40 PM         #72
PRiNC3SSxKiSS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dg177bx said:
^^this burger a.ss black a.ss n*gga with a nicki minaj picture in his s**t talkin reckless with no subject matter to respond with wants to argue...thats the ssame exucuse youre gonna use every time someone shuts your simple a.ss up when it comes to this ubject . STFU you are not important in this debate you are now ignored
Old man.
 08-22-2010, 09:42 PM         #73
PRiNC3SSxKiSS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
He's a schoolboy from north carolina that got his degree. instead of using that degree he wants to get into rap because of fame. only reason he got in is because people think he's marketable.

hes a fraud. ive been into hiphop since...forever. i can spot the fakes when i seem them. sorry if hes your "next to blow" but hes a clown, i should put him on the list. thank you for reminding me.
Get off the internet. Gangsters don't know about the internet.
 7 years ago '04        #74
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 1566 1566
 Kal Tourette said:
all the ones u mentioned are nce, but they are definately not f**kin wit these guys in their primes

Red Man
Eminem
Big L
Big Pun
Rakim
Big Daddy Kane
Canibus
lauren hill
jay z
nas
common
royce da 5'9
AZ
method man
tech 9
kurupt
lady of rage
masta ace
Well I cant argue with that bro 90's hip-hop>>>>>now but I do like alot of these young emcees though I think they are dope in their own rights
 7 years ago '08        #75
TigerUppercut 
space
space
$2,416 | Props total: 27 27
Lol stupid a.ss youngins making themselves look just that, STUPID. Grab a history book and learn something fools.
 7 years ago '07        #76
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,038 | Props total: 1021 1021
By the 90s, Eazy learned to rap and was writing his own s**t.
I wish that was true but Eazy E had alot of ghostwriters on Ruthless Records. Belive it or not, Will.i.am was one of them lol
 08-22-2010, 10:14 PM         #77
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lupe Hunter said:
Blu
Fashawn
J.Cole
Big Krit
Elzhi
lupe
only one i can see that could hang with the early canibus is lupe, and nt even he would be amazing.

sauce money>>>>>>>> fashawn

redman>>>>>>> krit by milesssssssssssssss (why did you even name duke?)

big L>>>>>> blu

Pun>>>>>>elzhi
 7 years ago '07        #78
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,830 | Props total: 1998 1998
while I agree that 90's rap >>>> these old n*ggas need to stop hating cause it's not getting anywhere and there are rappers from these days that could and would make it in the 90's
 7 years ago '06        #79
Nash P 
space
space
$632 | Props total: 44 44
 snippet said:
I'm glad people are trying to defend current rappers. I don't think it's clear cut but I do think the mcs from back in the day win - but of course cause they have way more material out.

Also, rap isn't meant to be meaningful now - it was supposed to be back then. Rappers now are doing what they're supposed to be doing - and as of late that's doing a bunch of punchlines, releasing a ton of music, doing a bunch of mixtapes and doing a bunch of collaborations. They're interacting with fans on twitter, trying to stand out in a situation where everybody has access to beats and musical talent.

mcs from back in the day were coming out with 1 album at a time. They had 12 or 14 tracks and they perfected those tracks. They wrote the lyrics, revised them, rehearsed them, redid them. And they got rewarded because there weren't 100 other rappers waiting to take their place in the meantime.

I said on another thread - let the 90's be the 90's. No emcee from this era could last a minute on a record with an mc from back in the day. But those mcs from back in the day couldn't do what they did then in this environment. You don't have everything to yourself. You have 50 people just like you waiting to take your place. Hell, f!ghting to take your place.
This is very well written. Good job.
 7 years ago '04        #80
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,980 | Props total: 4315 4315
 A-L-P said:
I wish that was true but Eazy E had alot of ghostwriters on Ruthless Records. Belive it or not, Will.i.am was one of them lol
For real? I read in this Ice Cube biography called Attitude that Eazy was writing when he went solo.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy