Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
43 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
86 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
why? 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,204 | Props total: 0 0
Good Night

:yayo:
 7 years ago '09        #42
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,518 | Props total: 5708 5708
Lupe
Blu
Kanye
Wayne
J.Cole
Blu
Fashawn
The Game
Big Sean
Drake
B.o.B
Big K.R.I.T
Curren$y
Pac Div
U-N-I
Pusha T
Malice

can survive in the 90s
 08-20-2010, 09:24 PM         #43
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^Have of those emcees are barely surviving NOW and you wanna compare em against 90s MCs?/

7 years ago '04        #44
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,116 | Props total: 1150 1150
 WorldsStrangest said:
J Cole is just a wannabe. Nothing is authentic about him. He'll just keep cloning other sounds until he finds something thats makes him money.
what has he lied about??

rephrase* what makes dude not Authentic?
 7 years ago '10        #45
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,971 | Props total: 1796 1796
 Effit said:
You can't f**k with the class of the 90's

Jay, Nas, Big, Pac, Snoop, DMX, Bone, DPG, Outkast, and on and on and on Im not even trying to list them all

BUT... Rakim, Erik Sermon, Afrika Bambaatta, Chuck D, Run, Slick Rick ect > Today's new rappers.
chuck d is one of the worse rappers ever, all content no skill. there's great mc from the past and some from the present simple as that
 7 years ago '10        #46
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,971 | Props total: 1796 1796
@ people thinking just because you did it first means you did it better
 08-20-2010, 09:52 PM         #47
sloppy1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dg177bx said:
youre a young mothaf**ka shut the f**k up nobody in that list would even come close to a class c rapper in the 90's please shut yourself up if you have no knowledge you will only be serving us a big doze of plattitude
:applause::applause::applause:
 7 years ago '10        #48
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
I think musically, hip-hop is at its best right now, but that's not just because of the artists, in fact i think its more because of the evolution of the genre and the fact that its become a big part of culture rather than being an outcast and being considered counter-culture in the 90's because of all the violence and controversy surrounding the music back then. I don't mean the commercial stuff is better, it obviously isn't, I mean that some of the best artists in hip-hop have the resources to produce not only great hip-hop music, but great MUSIC period, not to say that it wasn't great before, but I think artists are getting very confident to do different things. I think artists are more willing to collaborate with other genres and listen to way different stuff than ever before, I can't imagine rappers from the 90's collaborating with Weezer or recruiting people who did movie scores etc. like they do now, but there were way too many good rappers in the 90's that are better than the 00's. There's maybe 10 people that I think can deliver the same quality, sometimes, that most of the 90's rappers did, but not alot considering the list that JFamis put up.
That is some real talk right there....

I am an real old dude compared to most on here, most people would laugh at my 35 yr old a.ss posting on this ish but I love hip-hop to death, I started heavily with it in '87. Anyway, music evolves and even though I came up with the 90's ish, I can still say post 2000 emcees like Lupe, Blu, Joell Ortiz, Budden, Saigon, Elzhi, Kanye and Phonte are all dope emcees who put out great music. These dudes had the benefit of the 90's rappers giving them the lane and the blueprint, but those same 90's rappers had the 80's rappers before them and I remember the same complaints coming from the 80's dudes about the "new breed". Now that new breed are legends and vets. Music is a point in time thing. Certain artists will appeal to you because there's an emotional tie. Many times this tie is made in your teens when you are starting to understand the world around you. There's ish I was going through that was reflected in what Kane, Rakim, Public Enemy, Cube, Wu and Nas were saying that will always give them a special place in my musical world, that doesnt mean I still cant appreciate good music overall, especially when it gives me those same feelings. And there was crap too then. Lets not forget Hammer, Vanilla Ice, PM Dawn, 2 Live Crew, Hoes with Attitude, Digital Underground, Kwame, Father MC and countless other wack emcees of the time.
What is missing today is balance in what is played on TV and radio, there is good music out there if you want to find it.
 7 years ago '04        #49
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,985 | Props total: 4328 4328
 nkflier54 said:
eazy e aint even write his own sht
By the 90s, Eazy learned to rap and was writing his own s**t.
 08-20-2010, 09:56 PM         #50
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimyellow said:
what has he lied about??

rephrase* what makes dude not Authentic?
He's a schoolboy from north carolina that got his degree. instead of using that degree he wants to get into rap because of fame. only reason he got in is because people think he's marketable.

hes a fraud. ive been into hiphop since...forever. i can spot the fakes when i seem them. sorry if hes your "next to blow" but hes a clown, i should put him on the list. thank you for reminding me.
 08-20-2010, 09:57 PM         #51
Pimpwin  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mac Dre >>
 7 years ago '05        #52
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,924 | Props total: 11287 11287
I'm glad people are trying to defend current rappers. I don't think it's clear cut but I do think the mcs from back in the day win - but of course cause they have way more material out.

Also, rap isn't meant to be meaningful now - it was supposed to be back then. Rappers now are doing what they're supposed to be doing - and as of late that's doing a bunch of punchlines, releasing a ton of music, doing a bunch of mixtapes and doing a bunch of collaborations. They're interacting with fans on twitter, trying to stand out in a situation where everybody has access to beats and musical talent.

mcs from back in the day were coming out with 1 album at a time. They had 12 or 14 tracks and they perfected those tracks. They wrote the lyrics, revised them, rehearsed them, redid them. And they got rewarded because there weren't 100 other rappers waiting to take their place in the meantime.

I said on another thread - let the 90's be the 90's. No emcee from this era could last a minute on a record with an mc from back in the day. But those mcs from back in the day couldn't do what they did then in this environment. You don't have everything to yourself. You have 50 people just like you waiting to take your place. Hell, f!ghting to take your place.
 08-20-2010, 10:47 PM         #53
T Bonics  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no new school MC's could f**k with those dudes back them...Big and Pac with that beef brought hip hop to the mainstream n*ggaz wasnt makin bank off bein hood back then only Mc hammer vannilla ice run dmc walk this way type rap was makin steam...

90s era rappers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rap itself

Pac, Big, Nas, Jay, Em, Pun, Big L, Wu-Tang, Bone Thugs, Eazy-E, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Snoop, Scarface, Three 6 mafia, Mobb Deep, ect ect im sure i left some off the list but think about it all these n*ggaz are still around today kids listenin to them and s**t merely off of how huge they were... i mean i couldnt imagine reliving the 90s and hearing an album like Me Against the World, Ready to Die, Reasonable Doubt, The Chronic, or Doggystyle when it hit the streets... u just dont see albums like u did back then... and they went hard too!!!

now compare all those acts in the heat of there success vs. drake, j.cole, electronica, wiz, lupe, whoever the f**k, sure there decent rappers, but fame wise, record wise, number wise they aint s**t and never will be s**t to that era @ n*ggaz tryin to make this thread an arguement!
 7 years ago '09        #54
blacknacirema4 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,095 | Props total: 382 382
 Lupe Hunter said:
Blu
Fashawn
J.Cole
Big Krit
Elzhi
lupe
they can its just another salty rapper who is not that successful complaining
none of them are at the "forefront" as Crooked said...well with exception to Lupe but he hasnt even released anything lately
 08-20-2010, 10:55 PM         #55
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 arthurmack27 said:
u guys are all crazy. its not necessarily all about lyrics man. its about what you bring to the table. snoop never EVER been lyrical but his laid back, slightly drawled style made his ability to flow seem effortless. 2pac brought aggression mixed with reality. biggy had a way of putting words and sentences together in a way that no one ever has. wu....uh.....that was just a collection of a bunch of different n*ggas. lol. but u dug them cus there was atleast someone in that group that u liked, the different personalities brought creativity, and everyone cud relate cus all of us has someone similar to odb in their life. the point of this is simply that back then, rappers brought more than rap to the table. the issue with todays artist is that theyre not mixing their influences with own style. they come in trying to be trendy. very few artist today bring something original to the table.
How's that their fault? There's only so many things you can do, can you name an "original style" right now that has never been done amongst the thousands and thousands of previous artists? No you can't. And look what happens anytime something original comes around, people automatically hate it and get upset. Lil B, the whole Gucci/Waka/etc generation, the skinny pant jerking f**gots, etc. Not saying I enjoy it but can you name something "original" from the last 10 years that WASN'T hated on? I can't.
 08-20-2010, 11:13 PM         #56
T Bonics  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beast mode said:
@ people thinking just because you did it first means you did it better
@ back in the 90s the s**t u listen to would of been considered "pop" and u would of gotten called a f**got for listening to them...

they went hard back then and it was real s**t

u just a corny a.ss "snap ya fingaz" a.ss n*gga arent u???

Even Pac gave props to his predecessors, that he was clearly better than... its just respect which u dont see no more... better give this a listen and get ur head out ur a.ss!

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #57
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,924 | Props total: 11287 11287
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
I can't imagine rappers from the 90's collaborating with Weezer or recruiting people who did movie scores etc.

[pic - click to view]

"Judgment Night is the soundtrack to the film of the same name. It was released on September 14, 1993 through Epic Records and was produced by many of the album's performers. Every song on the soundtrack was a collaboration between hip-hop artists and rock / metal artists. The album peaked at #17 on the Billboard 200 and spawned four singles, "Fallin'" by Teenage Fanclub and De La Soul, "Another Body murdered" by Faith No More and Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E., "Just Another Victim" by Helmet and House of Pain, and "Judgment Night" by Biohazard and Onyx."
 7 years ago '04        #58
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,804 | Props total: 1826 1826
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
I think musically, hip-hop is at its best right now, but that's not just because of the artists, in fact i think its more because of the evolution of the genre and the fact that its become a big part of culture rather than being an outcast and being considered counter-culture in the 90's because of all the violence and controversy surrounding the music back then. I don't mean the commercial stuff is better, it obviously isn't, I mean that some of the best artists in hip-hop have the resources to produce not only great hip-hop music, but great MUSIC period, not to say that it wasn't great before, but I think artists are getting very confident to do different things. I think artists are more willing to collaborate with other genres and listen to way different stuff than ever before, I can't imagine rappers from the 90's collaborating with Weezer or recruiting people who did movie scores etc. like they do now, but there were way too many good rappers in the 90's that are better than the 00's. There's maybe 10 people that I think can deliver the same quality, sometimes, that most of the 90's rappers did, but not alot considering the list that JFamis put up.

Production wise , Yes Hip-Hop has been at its' best post 2000, lyrically it has declined, so I guess it's a trade off.
 7 years ago '07        #59
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,065 | Props total: 30364 30364
I remember when the best rappers made the best music.... and the best music used to be on regular radio and played in the streets and I a.ssume in the clubs as well.

Now....

Garbage rappers make the worst music and that music is played on radio and in the clubs. People tell me I gotta go find the good music. Why the f**k I got to go search for sh*t though? What the h*ll is promoters for? What is advertising for? I should not have to go on a journey, and hunt, a crusade to find the best music. The best music should find me. The best music should be in demand.
 7 years ago '05        #60
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
 Deckster said:
lol at too short

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago