Ladies From Today Show Clownin' Ice Cube "Your Not A Gangsta. Your A Family Guy In The Suburbs"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #21
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,924 | Props total: 11287 11287
He should have said he just evolved into being a true gangsta. You pass by gangstas in your call all the time - go to the rich part of town and learn how those people made their money. It's likely more gangsta than anything any gangsta rapper ever actually completed, to get dough.

You're a real gangsta when you're in your house with nobody for acres around you. Sitting in the air conditioning eating some fresh food, staring out the window past the pool at your landscaping. You go into work, order people around directly and indirectly - THEY do all the work, and somehow you get a 6-figure salary, and work it so that you pay a minimal amount of taxes. You get money because you have money. You get free gifts from people daily, who cater to the rich - trying to impress you enough so you buy something they're selling. If you have an issue with any service you use or product you buy, one look at the amount and customer service does whatever the f**k you want, so they don't lose you as a customer. So you get the best rates on products and services, meanwhile most people are paying almost twice what you are.

That's what Cube should have said. But when you start to really publicly flaunt it - when you show that understanding and simultaneously reveal that understanding as a public figure with the means to educate the public - that's when the other true gangstas stand up.

Cause you're f**king with their money. Because the more eyes that see gangstas making money, the more it gets publicized and criticized. Then you get shut down, because they have to make an example, to continue that facade.

So I think instead of saying something, he just gave some b.s. answer. Maybe he understands, maybe he's on the cusp of understanding, or maybe he really doesn't know. But something tells me he kind of understands. He's not dumb or naive at this point.
 7 years ago '05        #22
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,924 | Props total: 11287 11287
Yep - I hadn't even watched the video. When they asked if he was a gangsta, he said "Yeah, but a business man". That's exactly it. Man I need to go back to the library and reread some theory texts.
 7 years ago '04        #23
tmed834 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,436 | Props total: 74 74
 TinyTankX said:
Why don't you listen to his albums before judging the man..any person who listened to his albums will tell you he is one of the most conscious rappers the game has ever seen...he just added a little aggression to it but all his songs had an underlying message.

Cube and N.W.A. spoke for an environment, especially at a time when they had no voice. That's why it worked. check out "N.W.A. Most Dangerous Group" on VH1. Good story
 7 years ago '10        #24
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 trill jackson said:
he wasn't a gangster when he was with nwa. why do people wanna be one anyways? your cellphone is a tracking device, there are hidden cameras all over the streets, everybody is blabbing their business on facebook and twitter. police work is easier than ever. what's the fascination with being a thug anyway? threaten me or my family then i get busy other than that when i wake up in the morning i hope for a peaceful day with no problems. wtf is going on with rich rappers trying to convince the public they're dangerous criminals? just be a man that's all you need to be, enough with the fake goon s**t
shut the f**k up
 7 years ago '04        #25
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
 minimafia_aj said:
if i was cube i wouldnt give a f**k lol id be like b**ch im PAAAAID. damn right i live in the suburbs. f**k getting shot @. thats wht happens when u get rich u move out that situation
u feel me? i got mad respect for Cube...that n*gga doing all types of s**t to get paid. Music, sitcoms, movies....who gives a f**k about being a gangster? that man is in his 40s, leave that s**t alone and concentrate on getting that money and providing for your family.
 7 years ago '07        #26
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 117 117
Today, he might have to use his AK.
 7 years ago '07        #27
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
clearly he was joking when he said keep it gangster. But these white women took it literally like "he meant big , black scary gangster.
 7 years ago '07        #28
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,575 | Props total: 1045 1045
 NO RELIGION said:

that n*gga was uncomfortable "John Gotti had a family"

Cube just turned 41 he needs to give it up he aint in the streets puttin in work

he was NEVER in the streets putting in work. NWA was the real live version of CB4
 7 years ago '08        #29
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,518 | Props total: 104 104
n*ggas is in here calling these heffas "milfs"? disgusting.
 7 years ago '07        #30
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 TinyTankX said:
Are you a closet racist or something? All your posts have something to do with race...it isn't that serious..stop reaching.
don't give a f**k what you have to say but thanks for the props though
 7 years ago '06        #31
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,975 | Props total: 3992 3992
 Perfectibilist said:
Man.....
The whole "gangsta" thing is an image used to sell records. Ice Cube used that system perfectly and made a few hundred million dollars in the process. Who cares if Cube or any other rapper really lived that life besides a few losers who never lived in the hood, but think they know what the streets is all about? Cube is over 40 years old, why should he try to be a gangsta? Some of you ignorant people need to wake up and quit fantasizing over this rap nonsense. f**k being a gangsta. But if playing the role of one will get me paid, then I'm all for it! I'll be a gangsta in my songs and a "good boy" outside of wax, but I'll still be more paid than the losers who will talk down on me for not "keeping it real."
 7 years ago '10        #32
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,966 | Props total: 1795 1795
 Perfectibilist said:
Man.....
The whole "gangsta" thing is an image used to sell records. Ice Cube used that system perfectly and made a few hundred million dollars in the process. Who cares if Cube or any other rapper really lived that life besides a few losers who never lived in the hood, but think they know what the streets is all about? Cube is over 40 years old, why should he try to be a gangsta? Some of you ignorant people need to wake up and quit fantasizing over this rap nonsense. f**k being a gangsta. But if playing the role of one will get me paid, then I'm all for it! I'll be a gangsta in my songs and a "good boy" outside of wax, but I'll still be more paid than the losers who will talk down on me for not "keeping it real."
i hate liars, remember when you tried to say you will have a hundred billion dollar company in a year or 2 nobody takes you seriously
 08-20-2010, 03:52 PM         #33
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good........cube old and we know he aint a thug...he need to just do him...because he gets love anyway...
 7 years ago '04        #34
dj_tameil 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 92 92
"..MODESTOS FINEST! I'M PAPERED UP!"- ICE CUBE IN JANKY PROMOTERS. f**k WHAT THESE b**chES SAID.

I KNOW PLENTY OF RAPPERS PERSONALLY WHO HAVE LIVED THE s**t THEY TALK ABOUT. IF U FIND A WAY IN LIFE TO GET RICH LEGALLY... U LEAVE THAT OTHER s**t ALONE! U FALL BACK FROM IT! U DONT CONTINUE TO DO THE SAME s**t AND HAVE IT ALL END BECAUSE U WANNA ACT LIKE U DONT HAVE A CAREER NOW... SMH. PEOPLE ARE STUPID AS HELL.
 7 years ago '04        #35
dajerzeerat 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 0 0
 trill jackson said:
he wasn't a gangster when he was with nwa. why do people wanna be one anyways? your cellphone is a tracking device, there are hidden cameras all over the streets, everybody is blabbing their business on facebook and twitter. police work is easier than ever. what's the fascination with being a thug anyway? threaten me or my family then i get busy other than that when i wake up in the morning i hope for a peaceful day with no problems. wtf is going on with rich rappers trying to convince the public they're dangerous criminals? just be a man that's all you need to be, enough with the fake goon s**t
well put my man, well put.
 7 years ago '10        #36
kweezy95 28 heat pts28
space
space
$1,225 | Props total: 1 1
Ice Cube was a gangsta just like Snoop...but now they OG's....they got families N s**t na
 7 years ago '07        #37
timdog 918 heat pts918
space
space
$30,431 | Props total: 14796 14796
why did cube reply with the john gotti line

cube been a fraud

talkin all that s**t on his albums back in the day about the man and at the same time he was pushing st. ides

cube been a fraud since 91
 7 years ago '04        #38
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,847 | Props total: 1980 1980
Cube was holding back, he knows better then to act up, if this was 20 or even 10 years ago it wouldnt of been the same way.... But then if u want me to drop some real talk, he wouldnt even be asked to do this show 20 years ago, they wouldnt want some1 w/ the "image" that he had on the show. So he def has made smart business moves, he letting money work for him not work for money.
 7 years ago '04        #39
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,398 | Props total: 106 106
Similar to Snoop getting sonned by Bill O'Reilly

[video - click to view]

08-20-2010, 06:54 PM         #40
TEK2yuhDOME  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gangster = ignorance showing in the form of anger when they realize they aint s**t.
or
Someone who gives a false image to benefit from it.

Goon = LMFAOO fail
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy