PS3 Hacked, Finally

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
40 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
11641 pageviews
209 comments

yort2003 
space
space
space
$55 | Props total: 7 7
PS3 Hacked, Finally

PS3 has been hacked, look around. Things are about to get interesting.

209 comments for "PS3 Hacked, Finally"

7 years ago '08        #2
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,835 | Props total: 1334 1334
thanks for the heads up but you could at least post an article... or this video...

7 years ago '07        #3
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 1844 1844
great thread
 7 years ago '06        #4
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,407 | Props total: 961 961
oooo snap...but im not downloading 25 gigs for 1 game eff dat

you dump the games on a hard drive & is there forevaaaaa

Last edited by ChevyBrah; 08-19-2010 at 10:54 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #6
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,574 | Props total: 5243 5243
Fake fake fake
 7 years ago '04        #7
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
 deziking said:
Fake fake fake
 7 years ago '06        #8
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
Nah, Ozmodchips is legit.
 7 years ago '04        #9
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
yeah it's fake
 7 years ago '04        #10
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
 OpeeFaSho said:
Ignorant fools, its a farce. Mathieul says so:

It only works on a debug console and WILL NOT RUN on retail PS3s. Not to mention it's exact what its name says, a "Backup" manager, you can only make backups, not play them LOL!!!!
 08-19-2010, 11:12 AM         #11
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OpeeFaSho said:
I think it's fake too, lots of sites have these videos up and people are making good points.
 7 years ago '04        #12
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
it's definately fake
 7 years ago '04        #13
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
 lifesabeach said:
I think it's fake too, lots of sites have these videos up and people are making good points.
Yeah do they do make good points, but it seems legit too me though. He's basically tricking the PS3 into thinking he has in inFAMOUS but really he has in God of War 3. I remember there was a modchip out on the PS1 that did the same exact thing.
 08-19-2010, 11:50 AM         #14
iQon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Somebody hacked the PS3 a while back, and Sony came back with a quick firmware update.

And even if this was real, mod chips aren't the best solution. Too much heat can f**k the mod up.
 7 years ago '04        #15
Merzennary 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,452 | Props total: 0 0
from ps3news:

Update #2: After examining the PSJailBreak Manager .PKG File below, RichDevX determined that it was hardcoded not to boot on Test consoles, and he has now made available a patch for PS3 Debug users who can decrypt the selfs to run PS3 game back-ups with it!

Below (under PS3 Dev Notes) is some more tech info from his findings for those curious, however, please note the PSJailBreak patch above is only for PlayStation 3 Debug users. At this time it would probably be wise NOT to waste your money on this expensive PSJailBreak USB device, as a FREE PS3 scene solution is bound to surface.

Update: CJPC has received confirmation and xorloser has now confirmed that the PSJailBreak runs unsigned code on the PlayStation 3, so it appears this PS3 mod-chip is indeed legitimate!

For those who remember ZPack for PS3, today we have what appears to be a remix of it dubbed PSJailBreak - a PlayStation 3 JailBreak allegedly for Retail and Debug PS3 consoles.

Warning: Before downloading or getting excited, read the "PS3 Dev Notes" section (below) for PS3 Dev comments on this alleged product.

Download: PSJailBreak Backup Manager .PKG File

To quote from their page (linked above) on the PSJailBreak Specifications:

• PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.
• Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.
• Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA
• PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
• Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)
• Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.
• Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.
• Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.
• Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.

PSJailBreak F.A.Q.:

Q: Is PS Jailbreak easy to install?
A: Yes, it is a plug and play solution. It takes 1 second to fully install, without modifying or opening your console.

Q: Does it permanently modify my console?
A: No of course not, once you unplug it from the usb port it is completely disabled.

Q: How do you install PS Jailbreak?
A: Please consult our downloads page for our instruction manual. We have done our best to make it as thorough as possible to answer all setup and troubleshooting issues.

Q: What is the warranty?
A: PS Jailbreak is sold with a 1 year warranty. All our resellers will take care of warranty issues.

PS3 Dev Notes on PS JailBreak:

Mathieulh: psjailbreak's so called "Backup Manager" (which is pretty much the only thing available to download on their website) is a debug package including a regular fself compiled with the (massively privately leaked) 1.92 sdk, The package itself is generated with Sony's official sdk tool (make_package_npdrm revision 1203 probably from that very same sdk) that makes it illegal to share because I am quite sure psjailbreak staff doesn't have the appropriate license to be using the official Playstation 3 SDK and its tools.

The binary itself seems to use the usual sce apis when it comes to the gui or copying files over. It does run on a debug console and displays a "nicely" done GUI that lets you "backup" your game to the external or usb hdd and "run" them later on.

Needless to say the backups wont "run" as their "backup manager" is just a regular fself running with game privileges and doesn't make use of any exploits that I can think of. Needless to say that if their so called usb dongle is real (which I doubt) it does extensive use of leaked sony's software and keys/certificates.

RichDevX: I hope nobody gave them money.

NDT: It wasn't actually a locked door, cause i'm sure the hackers cloned the jig module h/w and used it with their sw, so ps3 recognize the usb key like the sony hw itself, it's looks like a troian horse more than a firmware hack.

The problem until now was that no one shared the jig scheme, that's why no one was able to use this "simply" method. Maybe these hackers have really GOOD contacts.

CJPC: Haven't tried it, but it looks like it will copy the game on a Debug PS3 but won't decrypt the executable... so, it's basically a giant "copy dev_bdvd/* hdd0/*" for lack of a better term.

RichDevX PS JailBreak Notes:

• on a debug unit, it'll branch to sys_process_exit
• based on the value that is passed to sub_10B20(true/false)
• if false is passed, it'll exit, else it'll branch to sys_game_process_exitspawn2
• i forced it to branch
• sys_game_process_exitspawn2("/dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/BLUS30011/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0x3E9, 0x70)
• it's stored there :p
• sub_10B20(false);
• aka it wont boot a game, i'll just exit the process
• they released this app, and hardcoded it so it wouldn't launch an selfs on our test kits only on theirs

Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks news. Also be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks Forum for updates!

Read more:
 7 years ago '04        #16
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
Sony won't let this ever happen, this is not microsoft and even if someone does come out with hack sony will just bring an update and fix it.
 7 years ago '05        #17
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25143 25143
....False Alarm

Someone Finna Get f**ked Up.
 7 years ago '04        #18
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
 deziking said:
Sony won't let this ever happen, this is not microsoft and even if someone does come out with hack sony will just bring an update and fix it.
this. even if it was real, it will get patched and u wont be able to go online.

maybe when PS4 is out and they stop updating the PS3 will a decent hack work.
 7 years ago '04        #19
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 97 97
I am pretty sure this is legit nobody has said it wasn't
 7 years ago '04        #20
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
 franchise said:
this. even if it was real, it will get patched and u wont be able to go online.

maybe when PS4 is out and they stop updating the PS3 will a decent hack work.
Exactly ^ You nailed it

[pic - click to view]

Maybe after 4-5 years they'll stop updating and won't give a f**k about it. But now no way they letting this s**t happen.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
17 comments
23 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy