Has Jay-Z ever dealt with any great adversity?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #161
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 DJ Maximum said:

[pic - click to view]

your suppose to grow as artists

and far as im concerned IMO i can only name 3 rappers that can f**k with Jay-Z's Discography

2Pac not counting the bulls**t that came out when other ppl controlled his project
Ghostface
Scarface
dont see nas in your list :banghead:
 7 years ago '04        #162
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,959 | Props total: 1094 1094
 slimwillie said:

iceberg slim
hova
jigga

just jay-z huh
Are you f**king serious? Are you really that stupid that do don't understand the difference between nicknames and different personas? Eminem claims "Slim Shady" is a different persona. Therefore he raps from a perspective of a serial k!ller, a f*g or whatever else he wants to call his "slim shady" side. Same thing w/ Nas and the whole "Escobar" thing. He started rapping like he was some big time drug dealer when he never sold major drugs in his life. Listen to all of Jay's songs. They're all written from a 1st person perspective, reflecting his actual thoughts and feelings. Maybe when you kids get out of your teens, you'll understand what I'm saying.
 7 years ago '10        #163
trill jackson 741 heat pts741
space
space
$18,920 | Props total: 13568 13568
the deaths of aaliyah and big, ether, r kelly f**king up the best of both worlds sales/money, the things discussed in the you must love me song, stabbing un rivera and being the recipient of the most diss records of any artist in hip hop history are the things i would say are hovs biggest adversities. it's foolish to say the man aint paid his dues. he busted his a.ss to get to where he's at
 7 years ago '07        #164
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
is this thread serious? this song alone s**ts on your whole argument.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #165
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,402 | Props total: 11778 11778
 theking1 said:
dont see nas in your list :banghead:
hes close but nah imo Illmatic is The Best Hip Hop Album of All Time

his whole body of work to me has 2 classics Stillmatic & Illmatic tho the albums are not really diverse to me
 7 years ago '04        #166
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,959 | Props total: 1094 1094
 slimwillie said:
yeah because Jay-Z is so advanced in his rhymes

I dumbed down for my audience and doubled my dollars
People like you are the audience he was talking about. He dumbed down, but all the artist you put ahead of him, have him in their top whatever.
 7 years ago '10        #167
trill jackson 741 heat pts741
space
space
$18,920 | Props total: 13568 13568
and i forgot the fact nobody wanted to sign him. labels turned that guy down left and right that's why he started his own s**t, that aint adversity?
 7 years ago '04        #168
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,925 | Props total: 17528 17528
 BackBlock_OG said:
Are you f**king serious? Are you really that stupid that do don't understand the difference between nicknames and different personas? Eminem claims "Slim Shady" is a different persona. Therefore he raps from a perspective of a serial k!ller, a f*g or whatever else he wants to call his "slim shady" side. Same thing w/ Nas and the whole "Escobar" thing. He started rapping like he was some big time drug dealer when he never sold major drugs in his life. Listen to all of Jay's songs. They're all written from a 1st person perspective, reflecting his actual thoughts and feelings. Maybe when you kids get out of your teens, you'll understand what I'm saying.
Owned....these white muthaf**kas dont know s**t
 08-18-2010, 08:19 PM         #169
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GaryIn'75 said:
How about this for adversity.........being a black kid from the projects in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA where black people are barely welcome and are racialy profiled on daily to becoming worth over 100 million dollars and now sitting with billionairs!!!
cause this is much easier to accomplish anywhere else for a black man.
 7 years ago '06        #170
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,618 | Props total: 1756 1756
jay sold crack to his mom.. and got in a situation where he had to shoot his brother in the shoulder
 7 years ago '08        #171
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 Mr. Snowman said:
at all the camel warriors going in on this guy for asking a legitimate question.

everyone goes through s**t in their lifes...and like people been saying the nephew thing prolly takes the cake...of course hes been through some adversities

jay never really talks about deep s**t cause well lets be honest the man is more in it for the money then the art form (check forbes list) sure he does have a few personal songs you must ove me, lucky me, song cry, etc.....

thats one of the reason i cant get into his s**t these days WHO GIVES A f**k ABOUT HOW RICH YOU ARE GIVES SOMETHING WE CAN RELATE TOO LIKE

Common, DMX, Eminem, Kanye, Cunninglynguists, Tech 9, Pac, TI, Buddens, Tony Yayo

do....
what?
 7 years ago '08        #172
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 DJ Maximum said:
hes close but nah imo Illmatic is The Best Hip Hop Album of All Time

his whole body of work to me has 2 classics Stillmatic & Illmatic tho the albums are not really diverse to me
Nas discography s**ts all over Jay-Z's

Illmatic
Stillmatic
God's Son
It Was Written...

are all classic.. then you got good albums like I Am, Hip Hop Is Dead, Untitled.. Nastradamus was alright and Streets Disciple was his worst.

The Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt are classic with The Black Album, Vol. 1, and American Gangster being good albums... The Dynasty and Vol. 2 were ok and other s**t sucked especially Kingdom Come, The Blueprint 3, and The Blueprint 2.
 7 years ago '04        #173
space
space
 Jade Yorker said:
Nas discography s**ts all over Jay-Z's

Illmatic
Stillmatic
God's Son
It Was Written...

are all classic.. then you got good albums like I Am, Hip Hop Is Dead, Untitled.. Nastradamus was alright and Streets Disciple was his worst.

The Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt are classic with The Black Album, Vol. 1, and American Gangster being good albums... The Dynasty and Vol. 2 were ok and other s**t sucked especially Kingdom Come, The Blueprint 3, and The Blueprint 2.
American Gangster Was Classic IMO

Dynasty wasnt better than BP3 let alone BP2... BP2 had 6 tracks that wasnt great out of 2 CD's ppl highlight that Sean Paul Song and it was trash BP2 very underrated
 7 years ago '08        #174
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 DJ Maximum said:
American Gangster Was Classic IMO

Dynasty wasnt better than BP3 let alone BP2... BP2 had 6 tracks that wasnt great out of 2 CD's ppl highlight that Sean Paul Song and it was trash BP2 very underrated
Dynasty is definitely better than BP2 and 3.. You can't be serious about BP3 that s**t is Jay-Z's worst album. 1st disc of BP2 was alright and 2nd one had about 3 good songs.
 7 years ago '05        #175
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
f**k ya'll talking about? Brian Pumper exposed dude.
 7 years ago '04        #176
TrueWest_1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 198 198
The poster obviously hasn't heard any Jay-z albums or he wouldn't be asking this question
 7 years ago '04        #177
space
space
 slimwillie said:
dynasty is def better then BP 3 f**k outta here

lost tapes is better then all jay albums but 2 and noone mentioned it
and nobody will
 7 years ago '04        #178
space
space
 Jade Yorker said:
Dynasty is definitely better than BP2 and 3.. You can't be serious about BP3 that s**t is Jay-Z's worst album. 1st disc of BP2 was alright and 2nd one had about 3 good songs.
Kingdom Come was jay worst album and I liked KC

BP2 was underrated ppl call it trash because It wasnt better than the 1st 2nd disc had 4 out 6 bad songs from both disc
 7 years ago '05        #179
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
Props.
 08-18-2010, 11:06 PM         #180
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I updated the main post, here's a part.

I'm going to bring this to a SPORTS analogy so you guys can understand.

Michael Jordan went through injuries that cost him the season, he got banned by stern for a year (go do your research on his supposed retirement for baseball).

Magic got tested for HIV.

Kobe Bryant's r*pe case (I would say he brought this on himself, but this is because I don't believe he r*ped the b**ch). However, the reason why this was a huge adversity for Kobe was not because of the legal problems, but because of the way it had took a huge hit on his public image.

What single moment in Jay-Z's career could match the above examples? Getting dissed by a rapper? You tell me how that sounds.

Last edited by China Man; 08-18-2010 at 11:11 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
181 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
113 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
61 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
61 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy