Has Jay-Z ever dealt with any great adversity?

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
262 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
144 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #101
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
I've addressed everything you listed, and like I said the ether thing is really the only thing that I can say falls under what I was asking.

I know people who've given up their dream after a few weeks of grinding lol
My bad i didn't read the other post. I disagree with your opinion but i still respect it.
 08-18-2010, 10:17 AM         #102
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aka ReeSe said:
Same thing I was thinking when I read the part about Snoop. I was thinking like "this dude must be a youngin".
lol Been at Boxden since early 2000's. I'm 21 though. But like I said, the snoop situation was him winning a case, catching a break, whatever you want to call it. It's not DEALING with adversity. Read the sports/D.Howard example I used above.
 7 years ago '09        #103
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
 China Man said:

50 Cent - Shot 9 times, mother got k!lled at a young age, lived in a room where you can stand up straight.
oh god.. poor n*gga.. musta been tough man...
 08-18-2010, 10:18 AM         #104
Ednyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
oh and jay-z's story is that he was supposedly poor, and his pops left when he was young and sold crack....."supposedly" he made $100,000 before he went into rocafella but i think thats bulls**t, i think he just sold alittle bit of crack until he ran into Damon and they just sold that drug dealing image.......
you think makin $100,000 on the street is hard ? guess you aint never been on the block !
 08-18-2010, 10:20 AM         #105
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A-L-P said:
My bad i didn't read the other post. I disagree with your opinion but i still respect it.
Yeah. Trust me, I feel what everyone is saying in this thread but when you play devil advocate you tend to get a clearer picture of things.

Out of the things I listed, nobody named anything close to any of those examples. You can argue about his nephews deaths, but a best friend dying when they're like someone you grew up with side to side is a bit different... it's something that can derail you.

I mean in both situations where someone best friend's died, something worse happened. That should tell you enough.

T.I. had a death of his daughter too, but notice <-- didn't list that.
 08-18-2010, 10:22 AM         #106
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lil Jay said:
oh god.. poor n*gga.. musta been tough man...
lol missed the typo. But it's the idea behind that, not the actual literal meaning.
 7 years ago '09        #107
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
 Ednyce said:
you think makin $100,000 on the street is hard ? guess you aint never been on the block !
so g'd up
 7 years ago '04        #108
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 China Man said:
That's called catching a break. When you deal with adversity, it's about things that have happened.

Like in sports, if a player on a team gets hurt...like say if Dwight was hurt and was out for the year. Magic would have to have deal with major adversity. But if Dwight got hurt and was out for a week? That's a break.

I would a.ssume that you'd understand that I'm asking for something you would respect Jay-Z for getting through. This wouldn't fall under that category.

Addressed.

Catching a break. This actually sounds like bulls**t. If it was lost, the person probably got $ to give it back. Too much money here for this story to be true.

Like I said, I thought about this and I guess this is all that I can really conclude to at this point.

Come on, son.

Explain. ALMOST ANY OTHER ARTIST? Yeah, please explain that to me.

Well there isn't many other artists out there who started their own label from scratch with no knowledge of how a label is run especially in New York, where input costs are so high and competition is O.D., I can't recall anyone who did something similar in that situation, and pretty much entrepreneur everything from Touring ( driving a mini van up and down the east coast themselves) and starting Rocawear by buying two sewing machines.

The ipod story was told by Jay in an interview, when he lost it he was planning to buy out of his contract so he had to pretty much walk into the label and pay 3 million for the album or something to get off Def Jam knowing that it could leak at any second.

Ether is something that most artists couldn't bounce back from, that was suppose to end his career.

The Roc break-up was a challenge, that was the whole foundation of how he got to where he was at.

On top of all that Jay is a super private guy as far as his personal life goes, im pretty sure he deals with things but is just really good at covering them up. Look how well he's kept his relationship private.

on top of this I think Jay has had as many shots at his credibility if not more than any other artists, so that qualifies, so let me retype my list.

1. Ether

2. Numerous Diss records

3. The Roc Break-up

4. Jaz-O trying to expose him

5. Dame Dash trying to expose him

6. Calvin Klein trying to expose him

7. Dehaven trying to expose him.

8. Beans trying to expose him.

9. Maintaining his street credibility amongst all the money, old age, and open toed sandals. Dude is 40 and still running on top of a young man's game.

Now that i think about it everyone on your list was a victim of alot of mistakes on their on behalf, Jay has probably had the most adversity as far as people taking shots at him. I think the reason why his career seems flawless is mostly because he is good at taking all these shots in stride or at least appearing to.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-18-2010 at 10:42 AM..
 7 years ago '08        #109
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
 D.S.O.M. said:
gtfoh with this dumb a.ss thread. its obvious u don't even listen to his
music cause u wouldn't be asking this question

Little do they know/everyday I'm living with stress.....classic
 08-18-2010, 10:43 AM         #110
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Well there isn't many other artists out there who started their own label from scratch with no knowledge of how a label is run especially in New York, where input costs are so high and competition is O.D., I can't recall anyone who did something similar in that situation, and pretty much entrepreneur everything from Touring ( driving a mini van up and down the east coast themselves) and starting Rocawear by buying two sewing machines.

The ipod story was told by Jay in an interview, when he lost it he was planning to buy out of his contract so he had to pretty much walk into the label and pay 3 million for the album or something to get off Def Jam knowing that it could leak at any second.

Ether is something that most artists couldn't bounce back from, that was suppose to end his career.

The Roc break-up was a challenge, that was the whole foundation of how he got to where he was at.

On top of all that Jay is a super private guy as far as his personal life goes, im pretty sure he deals with things but is just really good at covering them up. Look how well he's kept his relationship private.

on top of this I think Jay has had as many shots at his credibility if not more than any other artists, so that qualifies, so let me retype my list.

1. Ether

2. Numerous Diss records

3. The Roc Break-up

4. Jaz-O trying to expose him

5. Dame Dash trying to expose him

6. Calvin Klein trying to expose him

7. Dehaven trying to expose him.

8. Maintaining his street credibility amongst all the money, old age, and open toed sandals.

Now that i think about it everyone on your list was a victim of alot of mistakes on their on behalf, Jay has probably had the most adversity as far as people taking shots at him.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've concluded that answers what I was asking. It's not a single incident that completely changes somebody and forces them to get up and go or stay down... but it's just getting through the barricade of being a target.

If you put that on the list, however... (Jay-Z - most dissed artist ever), it would look a little odd on that list but I guess it answers the question. This would be Jay-Z great adversity, getting through being the target of all disses. I guess with Jay-Z it's the bigger picture rather than 1 single incident.
 7 years ago '09        #111
NLSP42 152 heat pts152
space
space
$7,842 | Props total: 9019 9019
Jay-z wasnt able to get a deal for YEARS....he tried and tried and tried and NOBODY wanted his a.ss.....nobody at the time really thought he had an appeal......Reasonable Doubt came out when he was 26 or 27......he has been rapping on wax since he was 15 or 16....those 10 years nothing happened....at one point in his life (sometime in the early 90s)....he really almost gave up trying to rap because no one thought he had and no one gave him a shot.....true story
 08-18-2010, 11:03 AM         #112
ngoogs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.S.O.M. said:
gtfoh with this dumb a.ss thread. its obvious u don't even listen to his
music cause u wouldn't be asking this question

I'm not trying to say Hov's a liar or you're an idiot.... but if you listen to Rick Ross' music you would think he's not a former CO.... so sometimes that's not the best gauge.
 7 years ago '05        #113
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
I stopped reading on the 3rd page, but I really hope dude isn't still arguing against Jay facing adversity after being proven wrong many times.
 7 years ago '07        #114
boar 
space
space
$1,215 | Props total: 0 0
 China Man said:
Yeah. Trust me, I feel what everyone is saying in this thread but when you play devil advocate you tend to get a clearer picture of things.

Out of the things I listed, nobody named anything close to any of those examples. You can argue about his nephews deaths, but a best friend dying when they're like someone you grew up with side to side is a bit different... it's something that can derail you.

I mean in both situations where someone best friend's died, something worse happened. That should tell you enough.

T.I. had a death of his daughter too, but notice <-- didn't list that.
most stupid thing I ever read... You're telling me that if your brother's or sister's son died it would not phase you and it's not an adversity? a child that called you 'uncle' died and you don't feel no way about it? a nephew is basically a son to you stupid... f**k a career once that s**t happens

Last edited by boar; 08-18-2010 at 11:14 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #115
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,875 | Props total: 17401 17401
He thinks eminems butt buddy proof is more adversity than someone losing a actual family member :sadcam:
 7 years ago '07        #116
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,838 | Props total: 4817 4817
jayz lost bob alob,biggie,coleek,aliyah and his pops,not to mention mention emory who was locked down for 10 years
 7 years ago '10        #117
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
at jay z being the realist g out there when dude looks like a nerd :laughing9:
 7 years ago '05        #118
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 erickonasis said:
He thinks eminems butt buddy proof is more adversity than someone losing a actual family member :sadcam:
The Cam face made this extra funny
 7 years ago '04        #119
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 DJ Maximum said:
theres no way that u listened to his music not knowing his adversity....
pretty that's why I tell these lil n*ggas to

most of these young n*ggas that hate on Jay-z never heard a jay album pre KC and just hate on here because that's what they heard there big brothers/sisters doing, we was in the studio the other night with these young groupie b**ches (19/20) and shawty told me Jay-z wasn't real but lil wayne was all I could do was

1.The n*gga sold drugs (Like for real no rick ross)
2.He grew up in the projects without his pops
3.his moms was always working just so they could eat
4.they had to go through hell to get his deal

people accuse jay of having no substance but if you actually listen his albums he has alot of introspective songs detailing his Life at that point and before he really became rich.......lets get back to hip hop fellas

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 08-18-2010 at 12:44 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #120
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,374 | Props total: 11591 11591
 Ra-da-god said:
pretty that's why I tell these lil n*ggas to

most of these young n*ggas that hate on Jay-z never heard a jay album pre KC and just hate on here because that's what they heard there big brothers/sisters doing, we was in the studio the other night with these young groupie b**ches (19/20) and shawty told me Jay-z wasn't real but lil wayne was all I could do was

1.The n*gga sold drugs (Like for real no rick ross)
2.He grew up in the projects without his pops
3.his moms was always working just so they could eat
4.they had to go through hell to get his deal

people accuse jay of having no substance but if you actually listen his album he has alot of introspective song detailing his at that point and before he really became rich.......lets get back to hip hop fellas
people paying attention to the glitz and glammer they read the description and dont read the fine print....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
193 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
21 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago