Has Jay-Z ever dealt with any great adversity?

most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-18-2010, 09:15 AM         #61
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AK1 said:
Why does it really matter? s**t happens to everybody. Somebody is always gonna have it worse than the next guy, so on and so forth.

Jay seems like he handles his problems differently aside from diff rappers. He doesn't let the s**t phase him.
And you really need to listen to some jayz albums before you go on
I own every Jay-Z album that you could ever buy at your local distributor.

Like I've said, I'm not saying he's never been through adversity..
 08-18-2010, 09:17 AM         #62
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
it doesnt matter who was relying on who. just because his nephew relied on him doesnt mean that when his nephew died it didnt GREATLY effect him. if you dont think that ANYONE that you have a very close relationship with losing their life in a car that you bought couldnt be what you call "great adversity" then i dont know what to do for you . while mind you dismantling one of the biggest record labels at the time and ending a friendship with a long time friend
Ending a relationship with a long time friend is a business move and happens to most successful people.

Those are business adversities, completely different. He's gone through the whole 40/40 BS, all the trouble with that, etc but that's nothing that would have derailed his career or life..
 08-18-2010, 09:18 AM         #63
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Maximum said:
im done its obvious you cant debate with idiots...
Then I am not sure why you're on Boxden.
 08-18-2010, 09:20 AM         #64
deLeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You list the racist tape as a great adversity but you won't knowledge jay-z losing his nephew as one????

Your nephew is family, that > proof and eminem relationship. He was there when the boy was born........
 08-18-2010, 09:20 AM         #65
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deLeet said:
You list the racist tape as a great adversity but you won't knowledge jay-z losing his nephew as one????
I already addressed that in a previous post.
 7 years ago '05        #66
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 China Man said:
Ending a relationship with a long time friend is a business move and happens to most successful people.

Those are business adversities, completely different. He's gone through the whole 40/40 BS, all the trouble with that, etc but that's nothing that would have derailed his career or life..
no i was saying that all of that happen while the death of his nephew happen. like i just said if you dont think that ANYONE that you have a close relationship with losing their life in a car that you bought could be what you called "great adversity" i dont know what to do for you and you just want to see things your way
 08-18-2010, 09:21 AM         #67
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.S.O.M. said:
dude this thread is dumb just delete it.

I regret even posting in here
It would be dumb if the question was answered, but it's not, so I guess it is what it is.
 7 years ago '05        #68
GaryIn'75 1 heat pts
space
space
$731 | Props total: 10 10
How about this for adversity.........being a black kid from the projects in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA where black people are barely welcome and are racialy profiled on daily to becoming worth over 100 million dollars and now sitting with billionairs!!!
 7 years ago '05        #69
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
his nephew died all while he was going thru the break up with Dame one of his best friends and dealing wit the Def Jam situation.

^^^I'm not sure but that all could have caused Jay to shut it down and we could have never heard from him again.
 08-18-2010, 09:22 AM         #70
youngbasedkltn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
by your logic rick ross had a greater adversity with the C.O exposure because that could have easily dismantled his career..
 08-18-2010, 09:23 AM         #71
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
no i was saying that all of that happen while the death of his nephew happen. like i just said if you dont think that ANYONE that you have a close relationship with losing their life in a car that you bought could be what you called "great adversity" i dont know what to do for you and you just want to see things your way
It is a great adversity, it's not the one I've been specifically addressing though.

Something that can derail your life or career. SERIOUSLY, not a 5% chance. I don't think you'd see anyone's career derailed because their nephew died. (I know it sounds f**ked up, but I'm just trying to make a point).
 08-18-2010, 09:24 AM         #72
deLeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ You have a brother or sister?? can't believe this thread
 08-18-2010, 09:26 AM         #73
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngbasedkltn said:
by your logic rick ross had a greater adversity with the C.O exposure because that could have easily dismantled his career..
Well, first off, Rick Ross hasn't really rebounded fully yet. And that dude brought it on himself for lying.

And let me ask you, has Jay-Z been through anything that could have derailed his career in the same way the C.O. exposure has to Ross?

Just like the Rihanna Chris Brown situation... has Jay-Z ever been through anything that could have almost COMPLETELY derailed his career like Chris Brown?
 08-18-2010, 09:28 AM         #74
youngbasedkltn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 China Man said:
Well, first off, Rick Ross hasn't really rebounded fully yet. And that dude brought it on himself for lying.

And let me ask you, has Jay-Z been through anything that could have derailed his career in the same way the C.O. exposure has to Ross?

Just like the Rihanna Chris Brown situation... has Jay-Z ever been through anything that could have almost COMPLETELY derailed his career like Chris Brown?
yeah man, chris brown and rick ross have been through much more than jay-z

you're right
 7 years ago '05        #75
space
space
 China Man said:
It is a great adversity, it's not the one I've been specifically addressing though.

Something that can derail your life or career. SERIOUSLY, not a 5% chance. I don't think you'd see anyone's career derailed because their nephew died. (I know it sounds f**ked up, but I'm just trying to make a point).
but great adversity is great adversity, it just looks like you want to be picky with your adversities...so i suppose we answered the question to the thread
 08-18-2010, 09:30 AM         #76
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All I'm asking is, for ya'll to understand the question which is slowly becoming a statement.

Tell me 1 thing, 1 adversity, that Jay-Z has gone through that could have completely derailed his life or career, and in line with the examples in the original post.

Growing up in the hood is already a standard, so obviously it's not relevant in this topic.
 08-18-2010, 09:31 AM         #77
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngbasedkltn said:
yeah man, chris brown and rick ross have been through much more than jay-z

you're right
Is that what I said? You really think I'm trying to say, Chris Brown and Rick Ross have had it worse than Jay-Z?

I mean, REALLY?
 08-18-2010, 09:33 AM         #78
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
but great adversity is great adversity, it just looks like you want to be picky with your adversities...so i suppose we answered the question to the thread
Call it picky or what you want, but the specific thing I was aiming for was something that could have completely derailed his career or life.

Like I said, the average music fan probably doesn't know about his nephew's death <-- and it's not really sold as when talking about Jay-Z.
 08-18-2010, 09:34 AM         #79
youngbasedkltn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 China Man said:
Call it picky or what you want, but the specific thing I was aiming for was something that could have completely derailed his career or life.
nas ethering him
 7 years ago '05        #80
space
space
 China Man said:
i think a better word you are looking for is crisis not adversity
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
70 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
55 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago