Has Jay-Z ever dealt with any great adversity?

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #201
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,884 | Props total: 17436 17436
 dre03 said:

Being white alone .
Stopped reading after that...Being white is is why he sells so many records and one of the reasons dre probaly picked his gimmickey a.ss...just stop
 7 years ago '04        #202
dre03 
space
space
$10,171 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Curb said:
You're so f**king dumb, it's unrealistic.

It was his NEPHEW, his OWN FAMILY, he DIED. How can you compare a friendship to your own flesh and blood?

Just because it wasn't publicized, and Jay didn't look for a guilt trip, it doesn't mean it wasn't as "big" as Proof's death.

Damn, you're f**king stupid.

Get off Eminem's d!ck, you f**king f**got. :/
Not to be a prick or anything... But if it is his nephew then that means it was his sister or brothers child... to my knowledge i dont know of any of his siblings dying which means he didnt raise his nephews... Of course your going to have love for your family but i guarantee Jay has a close friend he has known most of his life much longer than his nephew...

When n*ggas say blood they usually talking about immediate family my n*gga not extended family... we all share a bloodline somewhere down the line... Like my nephew who is 12 now i helped my sister raise i would be devastated if i lost him but i would be even more devastated to lose my best friend from kindergarten who i now call my brother...
 7 years ago '04        #203
dre03 
space
space
$10,171 | Props total: 2452 2452
 erickonasis said:
Stopped reading after that...Being white is is why he sells so many records...just stop
Yeah that is how he sells so much after making it in the rap game dumbass... He had to make it first... If a white dude walked on your block and tried to freestyle in the middle of yo hood and yo crew you n*ggas prolly kick the s**t out of him...

And laugh at the white boy trying to spit...Its like a stripper applying for a white collar job... they gone see what she used to be and immediately label her and make it that much harder for that type of person to excel in an environment where people dont think they belong...

How many other white successful rappers u know? Dont worry i will wait
 08-19-2010, 07:50 AM         #204
youngbasedkltn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dre03 said:
Yeah that is how he sells so much after making it in the rap game dumbass... He had to make it first... If a white dude walked on your block and tried to freestyle in the middle of yo hood and yo crew you n*ggas prolly kick the s**t out of him...

And laugh at the white boy trying to spit...Its like a stripper applying for a white collar job... they gone see what she used to be and immediately label her and make it that much harder for that type of person to excel in an environment where people dont think they belong...

vanilla ice asher roth mac miller

white people aren't as talented so its much harder for them but its easier for them to get in if they are talented
 7 years ago '04        #205
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,884 | Props total: 17436 17436
 dre03 said:

if a white dude started trying to spit in my neighborhood it would most definitely catch my attention far more than if a black person did which i see often from time to time. Face it Dre saw a gimmick and a great chance to make money and rode with it...definitely a smart move bringing a white boy in on his name
 7 years ago '05        #206
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 China Man said:
I
I mean ya'll keep repeating his nephews death, but that s**t is never talked about by no one. Any new JAy-Z fan in the past few years wouldn't know this.
His nephew only died 5 years ago, & the man dedicated a whole verse to it on "Lost Ones", a single from the Kingdom Come album that was released in late 2006.

So "any new JAy-Z fan in the past few years" would know if they were listening.

And a sidenote for you, Eminem & Proof weren't f**king "best friends forever" or nothing; they were cool from high school onwards. Kinda like some other famous rap friends...oh wait, that would be Jay & Biggie.
 08-19-2010, 09:28 AM         #207
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C4daTimebomb said:
Then what the f**k do you mean by adversity, gettin shot? You say you own all his albums, what don't you know then? Growin up in pissy hallways, shooting a close friend, getting shot at, having friends that got murdered, havin friend who started snitchin, havin friend get locked up, hustlin, losing an unborn child, losing a nephew, losing two close friends when the ROC broke up, the roc break up, the aftermath of the roc break up, losing biggie, catching a case for stabbin Un, beef with Pac,and, I don't know, how about releasing a cd on 9 f**kING 11! If thats not adversity enough you must wanna see a n*gga suffer for nothing. Are you not entertained?

You're just listing off s**t that can be paralleled to another rapper. All these mother f**kers go through some tough s**t, but all that s**t is in small print if you understand what I'm saying.

If you were to take out 1 of anything you listed, Jay-Z would probably be the SAME artist he is today.

Last edited by China Man; 08-19-2010 at 09:42 AM..
 08-19-2010, 09:29 AM         #208
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deLeet said:
yall should let this thread go, you can't take threadstarter serious when he listed all that extra s**t for those rappers and not hov.
I explained myself, and corrected myself. I made some mistakes, but obviously I got a strong hold of what I'm talking about.
 08-19-2010, 09:32 AM         #209
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dre03 said:
Having a crackhead mom who fakes illnesses on you to get attention is not normal...

Being white alone trying to make in the rap game is adversity tougher than 90% of the rappers today have faced... there is a reason he is the only one in the history off the game that is relevant

I believe Jay has been through abnormal adversity... i think what the threadstarter is looking for is something adverse that defined his career... everybody loses someone close to them... his description of proof dying is a bad analogy for eminem's adversity... Basically there is nothing from Jay's life that he has chosen to discuss that seems bad enough that defined his career as a rapper... he may just choose to bottle up his most inner feelings...
didn't think of the being white adversity.

The reason why I used proof's death is because what it eventually lead to. Just like T.I. and Philant... it' still a huge adversity though, it's about the ability to move on and become better and those 2 things both LEAD to worse situations for both people in which they had to overcome. The death of someone like Proof or Philant is huge because they're a huge part of what Eminem and T.I. are today. If those people weren't in their lives, you can easily argue they wouldn't be where they were.

If Jay-Z's nephew survived, I don't think there is a real argument if Jay-Z would still be successful today with Beyonce.
 08-19-2010, 09:34 AM         #210
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngbasedkltn said:
vanilla ice asher roth mac miller

white people aren't as talented so its much harder for them but its easier for them to get in if they are talented
Man you've got to be s**ttin me with that line up.
 08-19-2010, 09:40 AM         #211
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.S.O.M. said:
no, I won't.
there is nothing left to say. you feel the way you feel and there is no convincing you otherwise.

I'm pretty sure there are many many great ENTERTAINERS who have never been through a great tragedy (adversity) in their career and are still at the top of their game. The reason why that would make you not respect them as much is a puzzle to me.
I'm not saying it wouldn't make me not respect them just as much, I already said Jay-Z can easily be argued as the GOAT, so WTF are you talking about?

No, I won't? You sound like a stubborn b**ch with that statement. Real talk.

Name me 1 GREAT/MEGA entertainer/singer that has never been through a great tragedy/adversity. I'm sure there are, but not many MEGA ones.

You got Michael Jackson. You got Brittney Spears. Marilyn Monroe straight up ended herself.

I mean another one that HASN'T had one, coincidentally enough, is Beyonce.

It's different though, once you start expanding the circle because the hip hop game is known for the struggle, catch my drift.
 7 years ago '09        #212
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 China Man said:
Man you've got to be s**ttin me with that line up.
Don't mind this kids posts. He's been making dumb statements since he signed up.
 08-19-2010, 09:45 AM         #213
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
His nephew only died 5 years ago, & the man dedicated a whole verse to it on "Lost Ones", a single from the Kingdom Come album that was released in late 2006.

So "any new JAy-Z fan in the past few years" would know if they were listening.

And a sidenote for you, Eminem & Proof weren't f**king "best friends forever" or nothing; they were cool from high school onwards. Kinda like some other famous rap friends...oh wait, that would be Jay & Biggie.
Biggie's death had a bigger toll on Diddy IMO, and like I said and some others, it's not defining.
The whole world had to recover from BIG's death. It's like saying Usher's biggest tragedy is Michael Jackson's death.

Eminem on Proof

"f it weren’t for you, I would not be where I am today and we both know it. "
 08-19-2010, 09:47 AM         #214
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh for Michael Jordan ----> I forgot to add father's death and gambling addictions.
 08-19-2010, 09:57 AM         #215
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.S.O.M. said:
nah You sound like a stubborn b**ch. Real talk.
lol I knew you was a b**ch mayn. That's the only thing you responded too.

It's like the ending scene to The Ugly Truth with Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigl.
 7 years ago '05        #216
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 China Man said:
lol I knew you was a b**ch mayn. That's the only thing you responded too.

It's like the ending scene to The Ugly Truth with Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigl.
@ the Katherine Heigl chick flick reference
 08-19-2010, 10:09 AM         #217
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.S.O.M. said:
theres nothing else to respond to, You're saying the same s**t over and over. I hadn't insulted your punk a.ss yet, but you felt the need to go there, so it is what it is.

carry on with your hate I'm not about to exchange insults with you "mayn"
I ain't either, as you've seen this thread I've been pretty laid back about all that insult BS.

I am saying the same s**t over and over BECAUSE the same s**t is being said over and over lol I guess I'm trying to re-clarify.
 08-19-2010, 10:10 AM         #218
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Swisher sweet said:
@ the Katherine Heigl chick flick reference
Not sure if you're laughing because of the scene in the movie and how it goes with that post or because I referenced a chick flick.

either way, I'm still laughin.
 7 years ago '07        #219
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
Nah from what i understand, Proof and Em were more like brothers. They met each other in the late 80's when Em was getting picked on alot. Proof's mom said that Em was going through a hard time so he was staying with them for a while, "she considered him like a son". Proof used to let Em wear his clothes and everything. So i dont think you can compare Biggie & Jay's relationship to Proof & Em's.
 7 years ago '07        #220
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
this ericknonas takes the cake for the most ignorant on the boards

f**king rookies just asking to get banned
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago