Has Jay-Z ever dealt with any great adversity?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
92 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
157 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-18-2010, 11:07 PM         #181
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is why I also talk about the Chris Brown incident. The CB/Rihanna incident is valid on this topic not because of the legal process, but because of the hit it took on CB's public image.
 08-18-2010, 11:07 PM         #182
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kakish said:
is this thread serious? this song alone s**ts on your whole argument.

Are you serious for posting a f**kin song?
 08-18-2010, 11:08 PM         #183
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 frankfmoney said:
n*ggas should know not to trust the Chinese. Especially not one on BX.
I actually thought the s/n was funny as hell which is why I have it. I'm not Chinese, though.
 08-18-2010, 11:15 PM         #184
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 j0hncena said:
Beyonce Saved his Career
I would say that, but that's just TOO EASY.
 08-18-2010, 11:20 PM         #185
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.S.O.M. said:

this thread is still going

did you ever stop to think that maybe he's in the position that he is in because he avoided those adversities that you are looking for? He's at the top of that forbes list, he's 40, still making good music, and finding ways to expand his success all the time. He never got slowed down nor slowed down on his own, HOW could you not RESPECT that?
I've said responded to that exact statement. I actually specified that exact statement because I know someone would be dumb enough to bring it up.

The adversities I'm talking about aren't exactly about "being avoided." It's the fact that they're out of your control.

Every single great person in history usually has a SINGLE MOMENT where he has came through.

I'm asking for Jay-Z's, and at this point, it's when Nas released ether.

I mean ya'll keep repeating his nephews death, but that s**t is never talked about by no one. Any new JAy-Z fan in the past few years wouldn't know this.

go look @ my sports analogy.

Last edited by China Man; 08-18-2010 at 11:24 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #186
hamsamitchguy03 
space
space
space
$413 | Props total: 4 4
He sold crack to his Mom............
 08-18-2010, 11:23 PM         #187
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ra-da-god said:
pie b**ches (19/20) and shawty told me Jay-z wasn't real but lil wayne was all I could do was

1.The n*gga sold drugs (Like for real no rick ross)
2.He grew up in the projects without his pops
3.his moms was always working just so they could eat
4.they had to go through hell to get his deal

people accuse jay of having no substance but if you actually listen his albums he has alot of introspective songs detailing his Life at that point and before he really became rich.......lets get back to hip hop fellas
lol really? Like FOR REAL? He's been questioned multiple times for his drug dealing because it could be a fraud.
 08-18-2010, 11:47 PM         #188
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
great adversity, how about coming back from a fake retirement or having a fake retirement in the first place.
 7 years ago '07        #189
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
 China Man said:
Are you serious for posting a f**kin song?
That song he talks and different adversity he faced...what's wrong with me posting a song. I don't even know why im entertaining you. The whole premise of this thread is stupid as f**k...
 7 years ago '08        #190
phille126 
space
space
$580 | Props total: 284 284
 youngbasedkltn said:
he sacrificed his soul in illuminati rituals for fame and power
retard

jay-z or shawn carter's adversity hmmmmm

he really hasn't becuz its not luck its becuz he kept his distance from the dumbass who or has brought s**t on theirselves ,, check the list
his roc fella team gone, the new rocafella with def jam done ,

to me his big thing is diddy and biggy, his connections with these guys paved a yellow brick road for him biggy dnt no what role he played wit jiggy gettin on ? but it had to be signifacant relationship. and diddy 4 lettin hov use bigs material .

illumanti believers please die= brain washing
 7 years ago '10        #191
Curb 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,474 | Props total: 80 80
 China Man said:
No, it's not. Yeah it's serious s**t, but it's not as big as proof dying.
You're so f**king dumb, it's unrealistic.

It was his NEPHEW, his OWN FAMILY, he DIED. How can you compare a friendship to your own flesh and blood?

Just because it wasn't publicized, and Jay didn't look for a guilt trip, it doesn't mean it wasn't as "big" as Proof's death.

Damn, you're f**king stupid.

China Man said:
I'm not saying it wasn't. It was pretty clear. However, it's not defining as I've mentioned in the previous post.

YOu're sitting here telling me JAy-Z and his nephew's relationship were on the level of Proof and Eminem?
Get off Eminem's d!ck, you f**king f**got. :/
 7 years ago '10        #192
Curb 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,474 | Props total: 80 80
 China Man said:
lol really? Like FOR REAL? He's been questioned multiple times for his drug dealing because it could be a fraud.
....?

Jay-Z sold drugs, period. Don't you think they would have already tried to expose him if he hadn't?
 7 years ago '04        #193
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,876 | Props total: 17416 17416
 Curb said:
s**ts just disgusting on this board
 7 years ago '04        #194
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 1039 1039
one answer. no. not during his career.
he may be during this purported life before rap... yes.
then just petty s**t during his career. the un incident. death of biggie. no commission/cash money clique happening. being targetted by pac. beef with nas. fallout with kells. parting ways with dame and biggs. death of his nephew. death of his estranged father.
but nothing that put his career on jeopardy. so no.
i guess the threadstarter is wondering about this because this nigg@ hov seem to have been smooth sailing his whole career AND he ended up at the very top. yes. no wonder ppl start saying hes connected to higher power. or did he say that himself?
 7 years ago '07        #195
C4daTimeBomb 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,484 | Props total: 339 339
Threadstarter I don't ever think you heard a Jay-Z album. Don't try now. You don't get it. You never will.
 08-19-2010, 05:22 AM         #196
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C4daTimebomb said:
Threadstarter I don't ever think you heard a Jay-Z album. Don't try now. You don't get it. You never will.
Read the thread. I own every single Jay-Z album you could buy at your local distributor.

You should probably be more specific, because if you had listened to his last few albums I'm not sure you'd be in the same space as people that LISTENED to his early - mid records.

Last edited by China Man; 08-19-2010 at 05:30 AM..
 08-19-2010, 05:27 AM         #197
China Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curb said:
You're so f**king dumb, it's unrealistic.

It was his NEPHEW, his OWN FAMILY, he DIED. How can you compare a friendship to your own flesh and blood?

Just because it wasn't publicized, and Jay didn't look for a guilt trip, it doesn't mean it wasn't as "big" as Proof's death.

Damn, you're f**king stupid.

No it is realistic, but you're refusing to see things from a different few. Ain't nobody on Em's d!ck, I was simply responding to what was being said. You can TAKE Proof's death out of Em's portfolio and still have the drug addiction issue.

How old are you man? You still in school from 8-3 probably huhhhhh?

I already went over Proof's/nephew death 100 times, and people still puttin it on repeat.

Take the sports analogy for example. Are you telling me Jay'Z's nephew death has pretty much DEFINED his career or threatened to DERAIL it?

Jay-Z's nephew dying was not threatening on his career, life, or public image.

^^^ read that over a couple times, son.
 7 years ago '07        #198
C4daTimeBomb 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,484 | Props total: 339 339
 China Man said:
Read the thread. I own every single Jay-Z album you could buy at your local distributor.

You should probably be more specific, because if you had listened to his last few albums I'm not sure you'd be in the same space as people that LISTENED to his early - mid records.
Then what the f**k do you mean by adversity, gettin shot? You say you own all his albums, what don't you know then? Growin up in pissy hallways, shooting a close friend, getting shot at, having friends that got murdered, havin friend who started snitchin, havin friend get locked up, hustlin, losing an unborn child, losing a nephew, losing two close friends when the ROC broke up, the roc break up, the aftermath of the roc break up, losing biggie, catching a case for stabbin Un, beef with Pac,and, I don't know, how about releasing a cd on 9 f**kING 11! If thats not adversity enough you must wanna see a n*gga suffer for nothing. Are you not entertained?
 08-19-2010, 06:17 AM         #199
deLeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall should let this thread go, you can't take threadstarter serious when he listed all that extra s**t for those rappers and not hov.
 7 years ago '04        #200
dre03 
space
space
$10,169 | Props total: 2452 2452
 erickonasis said:
n*ggas die every day ....and there are tons of kids who grow up w/o fathers....Growing up in the 80's early 90's that s**t was the norm n*gga
Having a crackhead mom who fakes illnesses on you to get attention is not normal...

Being white alone trying to make in the rap game is adversity tougher than 90% of the rappers today have faced... there is a reason he is the only one in the history off the game that is relevant

I believe Jay has been through abnormal adversity... i think what the threadstarter is looking for is something adverse that defined his career... everybody loses someone close to them... his description of proof dying is a bad analogy for eminem's adversity... Basically there is nothing from Jay's life that he has chosen to discuss that seems bad enough that defined his career as a rapper... he may just choose to bottle up his most inner feelings...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy