Young Jeezy Addresses Rick Ross 'Dis' Speculation

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #1
7380 pageviews
104 comments

Blue GM 247 heat pts247
space
space
space
$3,185 | Props total: 2 2
Young Jeezy Addresses Rick Ross 'Dis' Speculation

[pic - click to view]

Exclusive: Young Jeezy Addresses Rick Ross 'Dis' Speculation - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

We're not going to make you wait 26 episodes until the season finale to reveal the answer to this cliffhanger. On Monday night, Young Jeezy released "death B4 Dishonor," the first song from his upcoming mixtape, 1,000 Grams, Vol. 1. On it, he raps over Rick Ross' "(B.M.F.) Blowin' Money Fast" instrumental, which quickly fueled heavy speculation among fans that the Snowman was actually dissing the Bawse. Jeezy settled the question straight-up on Tuesday (August 10).

"It's not a dis," Jizzle told MTV News via phone from ATL. "First of all, I'm not gonna get nothing out of dissing that guy. That's one. What am I gonna get out of dissing him? I think sometimes people can read into things too deep. They trippin' man. They crazy out there. Basically, if homie takes that as a dis, he's insecure, and anybody else out there who does, they are insecure.

"When it comes to that [Black Mafia Family] situation, I'm gonna talk about it a little flyer anyway," Young added. "I happen to know that situation very well. But basically ['death B4 Dishonor'], it's off a mixtape that's coming out. My mixtape is coming out on Thursday, it's called 1,000 Grams. I took all the records I liked and flipped them my way. It's a gang of records on there like that. It's like 12 joints, all records that I heard in the club that I like and flipped them my way.

While Jeezy doesn't mention Ross by name on "death B4 Dishonor," one of the lines fueling the speculation questions: "How you Blowin' Money Fast?/ You don't know the crew/ Oh, you part of the fam?/ Sh--, I never knew."

"That's for real," Jeezy explained. "That's for anybody. I got n---as in prison behind that sh--. I feel that if you speaking on sh--, you gotta at least know who you talking about. That's like n---as speaking on Cash Money: If he ain't never been a part of Cash Money, [then] I'mma speak it better if I'm a part of Cash Money. To me, [BMF] was real. I know all the members. Who else would say a line like that, but me? I'm one of the few people who can say that, so I said it. That's real life, though. You gotta know the crew, baby. I thought that was the purpose of the game: to get on records and talk your sh--, right?

"Subliminals, for what?" the Snowman added. 'What's understood ain't gotta be said. I didn't think people would take the record like that. I did it like I would have any Shawty Lo record, any Rocko record, whoever. I got on [Ross' beat] and did it like how I do it, the best way I know how. I don't know if because the BMF situation is for real for me that everybody is like, 'Ooh. Oh, sh--.' Twitter is a muthaf---a, by the way."

During our talk, Jeezy said that his song "The Real BMF" had already been recorded (and was sitting in his vault) before Ross's "(B.M.F.)" was released. "The Real BMF" was supposed to have been included on the upcoming TM103, but once he heard that Ross put out a song so similar, he decided it didn't belong on his LP; it would just be a giveaway to the streets.

Young also described Ross' "(B.M.F.)" as "dope" and said he was bound to jump on the record one way or another, either officially or through the mixtape circuit, which he ultimately did. On 1,000 Grams, Vol. 1 he also flips Soulja Boy's "Pretty Boy Swag" into "Dope Boy Swag" and Kanye West's "Power" into the record & #8212; so aptly titled for the #1 Trap Star & #8212; "Powder." Records by the Clipse and Young Money also get their instrumentals borrowed for the tape.

"It was one of those things, you get in a zone and wanna get some sh-- off," he said of the DJ Scream-hosted tape. "I wanted to have some fun. Get in the booth, smoke me one or two."

And yes, his long awaited TM103 album is still on the way. He promises it'll drop before the end of 2011.

What do you think of Jeezy's explanation? Does this end the speculation for you? Tell us your thoughts in the comments.
imageimageimage

104 comments for "Young Jeezy Addresses Rick Ross 'Dis' Speculation"

08-10-2010, 05:28 PM         #2
TheLegazY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jeezy is that dude but he knows it was aimed towards Ross too lol
 7 years ago '04        #3
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,358 | Props total: 11563 11563
I Think Im Big Meech
 08-10-2010, 05:29 PM         #4
IKeepsItTrill100 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cleared that up.
 7 years ago '07        #5
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
So.......now that Jeezy pretty much confirmed what we already knew he was gonna say?????????

THESE MUTHAPHUCKA'S MAD THAT I'M ICY!!!

7 years ago '07        #6
DiplomatMagic 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,400 | Props total: 35 35
"Got damn hoe u got them massive t*tties, might as well roll wit me to magic city"

on Rick ross beat

and the blowin money fast line

cmon young, we all know its a diss and you know it is too
 7 years ago '08        #7
notorious1040 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$166 | Props total: 5 5
And yes, his long awaited TM103 album is still on the way. He promises it'll drop before the end of 2011.

Wasnt it suppose to drop this year? now its will drop before the end of 2011?
 7 years ago '05        #8
TIGER HOODS 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,042 | Props total: 1 1
He might not have been dissin Ross, but he knew damn well that people would automatically think that when he dropped it. publicity stunt for both of them
 08-10-2010, 05:33 PM         #9
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jeezy think people stupid...he taking shots at ross because he dont have a buzz..hes hating on his shine....jeezy album got pushed back because his music is cold...jeezy need to make hits like he use to and quit acting salty
 7 years ago '05        #10
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
Well there goes the denial I was waitin for.
 08-10-2010, 05:39 PM         #11
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"What that make me, Louie man?"

Yea, like that wasn't a subliminal
 7 years ago '05        #12
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 Blue GM said:
"That's for real," Jeezy explained. "That's for anybody.
This makes sense tho. He could have jus been sayin it in general now that everybody is running around screaming "i think I'm big meech" he could have jus been tellin everybody don't get it f**ked up and a.ssociate yourself with things you don't know.

Blue GM said:
Twitter is a muthaf---a, by the way."
 08-10-2010, 05:41 PM         #13
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jeezy >>> your favorite rapper
 7 years ago '10        #14
Blue GM 247 heat pts247 OP
space
space
space
$3,185 | Props total: 2 2
 notorious1040 said:

Wasnt it suppose to drop this year? now its will drop before the end of 2011?
Yep the same day as gucci .... Sept. 28
 7 years ago '08        #15
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,244 | Props total: 4542 4542
Jeezys a b**ch
if u gon throw subliminals aight, but dont come later sayin "nah it aint nothin"
 08-10-2010, 05:42 PM         #16
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jeezy my n*gga but thats some hoe shiit to throw rocks & hide yo hands

stand by yo shiit n*gga
 7 years ago '09        #17
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
 WorldsStrangest said:
Jeezy >>> your favorite rapper
black thought laughs at this post
 7 years ago '05        #18
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Swisher sweet said:
This makes sense tho. He could have jus been sayin it in general now that everybody is running around screaming "i think I'm big meech" he could have jus been tellin everybody don't get it f**ked up and a.ssociate yourself with things you don't know.

Right, but if it wasnt for Ross he wouldn't even be havin that conversation. He wouldn't have to G-Check anybody for "blowin money fast" if Ross didnt say the s**t in the beginning.
 7 years ago '04        #19
BobTheBuilder 
space
space
$4,035 | Props total: 217 217
 DiplomatMagic said:
"Got damn hoe u got them massive t*tties, might as well roll wit me to magic city"

on Rick ross beat

and the blowin money fast line

cmon young, we all know its a diss and you know it is too

us a dumb a.ss he say a.ss and t*tties do you listen to music or just skim through it??
 08-10-2010, 05:46 PM         #20
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jeezy my n*gga, Ross is my n*gga...i don't want them to beef, like i said...Ross should have been called Jeezy for the song anyway and put him on it

Ross been makin stupid decisions though
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
275 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy