most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
9 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-10-2010, 05:20 AM         #1
6584 pageviews
132 comments

Boyce Codd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aug 10 - Stephen Hawking: Mankind Must Move To Outer Space Within A Century

August 09, 2010 "The Telegraph" -- The renowned astrophysicist said he fears mankind is in great danger and its future "must be in space" if it is to survive.

In an interview he said threats to the existence of the human race such as war, resource depletion and overpopulation meant it was at its greater risk ever.

Although a long advocate of colonising space in order to continue man's reign, this is his direst warning to date.

"It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster in the next hundred years, let alone the next thousand or million," he told the website Big Think.

"Our only chance of long-term survival is not to remain inward looking on planet Earth but to spread out into space.

"We have made remarkable progress in the last hundred years. But if we want to continue beyond the next hundred years, our future is in space.

"That is why I'm in favour of manned, or should I say 'personed', space flight."

Earlier this year Professor Hawking warned that exploring space may not be entirely without risk.

In a series for the Discovery Channel, he said humans should be wary about making contact with alien life forms as they may not be friendly.

But he said as long as we remained the only intelligent life in our galaxy and avoided destroying ourselves we should be safe.

"I see great dangers for the human race," Hawking said. "There have been a number of times in the past when its survival has been a question of touch and go. The Cuban missile crisis in 1963 was one of these. The frequency of such occasions is likely to increase in the future."

"But I'm an optimist. If we can avoid disaster for the next two centuries, our species should be safe, as we spread into space," he said.

Getting to another planet will prove a challenge, not to mention colonising it for humanity.

Katherine Freese, a University of Michigan astrophysicist, told Big Think that "the nearest star [to Earth] is Proxima Centauri which is 4.2 light years away.

That means that, if you were travelling at the speed of light the whole time, it would take 4.2 years to get there" – or about 50,000 years using current rocket science.

Source:
[pic - click to view]

** : ICH - Information Clearing House

132 comments for "Aug 10 - Stephen Hawking: Mankind Must Move To Outer Space Within A Century"

7 years ago '05        #2
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 RamazedAGAIN said:
just puts into perspective to how small we all really are...
yeup. i have this convo on a nightly basis with friends while we light up. where i live i can see the milky way on any clear night. were in the milky way but it looks so massive from our position. and how many millions of galaxies are there really?

we are so small yet feel so large and important
 7 years ago '05        #3
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
he's right

but its due to overpopulation
 7 years ago '05        #4
GST 
space
space
$14,848 | Props total: 2424 2424
this is why they built the space station..that s**t is bigger than what we think and right now it's probably reserved for all dignitary,royalty,presidents and their families..but they're f**ked if a meteor hits that s**t
 7 years ago '07        #5
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
yo this is all settin up for disclosure
 7 years ago '09        #6
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,504 | Props total: 7314 7314
if this guy is so smart why doesnt he create something to cure him and make him an actual human instead of a robot. what he said could of been said from just watching a movie.

"dont trust aliens they might be mean and have laser guns"
 7 years ago '04        #7
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,583 | Props total: 5286 5286
damn this s**ts going to be like a movie when it all happens. Living out in the space no grass no trees no plants where the f**k am I ganna grow weed. No oxygen aint a good look i like the planet earth.
 08-10-2010, 11:17 AM         #8
YOUNGZERO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^The spaceship can be like a "bio-dome," a self-sustainable spaceship with every plant from Earth including Mushrooms, Iboga, ergot, and marijuana.

I've always wanted to be at a rave in space.
 7 years ago '04        #9
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 1041 1041
Time for Gundam Seed Destiny! Coordinators VS Naturals!

PLANT or Earth!!
 7 years ago '10        #10
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
 WasabiTuna said:
if this guy is so smart why doesnt he create something to cure him and make him an actual human instead of a robot. what he said could of been said from just watching a movie.

prolly the dumbest s**t ever posted on bx
 7 years ago '08        #11
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
We ain't doing space missions for nothing...

Remember that they don't have to tell us s**t, we just little ants to them...
 7 years ago '04        #12
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 1909 1909
 WasabiTuna said:

You're kidding right.

No seriously, please tell me you're joking.

I think you were serious.
 08-10-2010, 12:14 PM         #13
Boyce Codd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WasabiTuna said:

WTF are you for real?
ignorant retard
 7 years ago '05        #14
Heaterpop 
space
space
$217 | Props total: 0 0
 WasabiTuna said:

----
Seriously?
 7 years ago '05        #15
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
 Freemind said:
yeup. i have this convo on a nightly basis with friends while we light up. where i live i can see the milky way on any clear night. were in the milky way but it looks so massive from our position. and how many millions of galaxies are there really?

we are so small yet feel so large and important
Same Here. LOL.
 08-11-2010, 01:15 AM         #16
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree if I was as smart as him I'd have a team on getting me a cure.
 7 years ago '06        #17
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,990 | Props total: 4020 4020
 RamazedAGAIN said:
just puts into perspective to how small we all really are...
Yet there are morons in here who do NOT believe aliens exist. When they hear "aliens" I'm sure they think of the little green men they see in movies or in cartoons. :nope:
 08-11-2010, 06:37 AM         #18
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Believing humans are going to leave earth for the race to survive... I swear 90% you are f**king morons... No wonder for Y2K half you idiots had your houses stacked with can goods, pulled all your money out your account.. ITS ALL PROPAGANDA!!
 08-11-2010, 07:34 AM         #19
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.O.™ said:
Believing humans are going to leave earth for the race to survive... I swear 90% you are f**king morons... No wonder for Y2K half you idiots had your houses stacked with can goods, pulled all your money out your account.. ITS ALL PROPAGANDA!!
What the heck are you talking about? You do realize that this planet is becoming overpopulated and that resources are diminishing as well? The Human race will die if we stay on this planet. The only chance humans have to survive long term is to push space travel as much as possible. All the technology we have, and we still cannot leave our own solar system in a timely manner. We are the equivalent of being stranded on an island somewhere with no communication with the outside world and no way to leave the island.

But we do not care about space because it is useless to us... We f!ght amongst ourselves and cannot think about doing anything for the greater good of us all. We still actually believe that there are different "races" among humans.

Last edited by xeduran; 08-11-2010 at 07:38 AM..
 08-11-2010, 07:45 AM         #20
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
What the heck are you talking about? You do realize that this planet is becoming overpopulated and that resources are diminishing as well? The Human race will die if we stay on this planet. The only chance humans have to survive long term is to push space travel as much as possible. All the technology we have, and we still cannot leave our own solar system in a timely manner. We are the equivalent of being stranded on an island somewhere with no communication with the outside world and no way to leave the island.

But we do not care about space because it is useless to us... We f!ght amongst ourselves and cannot think about doing anything for the greater good of us all. We still actually believe that their are different "races" among humans.
Hence why human life ends with death its why we have so many natural disasters.. the earth takes care of the population, the earth takes care of our resources... Talking about building space stations.. and what happens when the space stations get over crowded?..

Too much Star Trek for you buddy.. come back to reality.

You people believe in the impossible, and struggle with reality.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy