Lupe Fiasco - Go To Sleep (Snippet/Off Food & Liquor II)

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '04        #61
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 sheedawg said:
you obviously dont understand what I just said. Do songs like Dumb It Down, as dope as that song is, essentially say anything, its just a song with metaphor after metaphor, some real obscure ones as well, I dont mind breaking down songs and what not if the metaphorical meaning is something cohesive. Im a fan of Lupe, Hurt Me Soul, The Cool (song), He Say She Say Lupe > Metaphor heavy Lupe.
no Dumb it doesn't say anything but he's stated time and time again he crafted it like that on purpose because he was asked to dumb the fcool down on some pop music s**t or the label "might" not back the single so he re-wrote it and pushed it himself it just happened to catch fire cause for the most part it caught n*ggas off guard.

the song was never meant to define his album nor his career........I'm a fan of both Lupe's nice is nice whether he spittin to spit or spittin to enlighten, I don't think he's the best ever but he most def is the best out of all the new cats

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 08-11-2010 at 02:32 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #62
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Ra-da-god said:
no Dumb it doesn't say anything but he's stated time and time again he crafted it like that on purpose because he was asked to dumb the fcool down on some pop music s**t or the label "might" not back the single so he re-wrote it and pushed it himself it just happened to catch fire cause for the most part it caught n*ggas off guard.

the song was never meant to define his album nor his career........I'm a fan of both Lupe's nice is nice whether he spittin to spit or spittin to enlighten, I don't think he's the best ever but he most def is the best out of all the new cats
Im not saying that what he does all the time, but IMO I think sometimes he overdoes the obscure metaphor thing which can take away from the fact that he is a really, really dope emcee. Nas doesnt even operate at a very high metaphorical level, I say this cause Nas is who he is often compared too. Lupe can learn from Nas approach to clarity, thats all I'm saying, I just think that he is closing himself off, cause when he does, IE Hurt Me Soul dude is at times peerless.
 08-11-2010, 04:13 AM         #63
xrichiex  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"I wipe the coal from my eye
Stationed in Antarctica,coldest n*gga alive
Know it's Armageddon march my crows from the Sky
Before you drive you have to wipe locusts off your rides"

kid is one of the coldest MC's out.
 08-20-2010, 12:24 PM         #64
evici1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Full Track Droppin' Today..
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy