Transmission Flush, safe or not?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
231 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 08-11-2010, 04:29 PM         #21
diplo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gotti211 said:
This. My pops told me to never flush my transmission because when he did it both times the transmission went out soon after. He has a 93 chevy single cab pick up truck wit like 220,000 miles on it never changed the transmission fluid and it doesn't even come close to slippin rides pretty damn good. Its not his everyday truck anymore but he still drives it from time to time
Anytime I change Tranny fluid, I put Lucas Transmission stabilizer in it. An entire bottle will substitute a quart of ATF/MTF.

That stuff works wonders.
 7 years ago '09        #22
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
I wouldn't do it.
 7 years ago '09        #23
Kyoji24 
space
space
$1,114 | Props total: 1 1
I flush mines on all my rides at least once a year and have yet to have any problems out of any of them.
 7 years ago '04        #24
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,807 | Props total: 1447 1447
Bro its pretty simple call the dealership and ask them what do they think.... on top of that look at the service manual see your service intervals... if it says change it change it... and to explain the whole people complain problems... most of the time people don't realize they have already f**ked up their tranny, before they even change the fluid then they change the fluid and it might get a bit better than worse... cause the problem was with the tranny in the first place...
 7 years ago '05        #25
young jeezy478 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 132 132
from my experience "dont change the fluid" transmissions are very sensitive machines. if you like to gamble then change it, it might work out and then again you might get stuck with a busted transmission.
 7 years ago '04        #26
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,531 | Props total: 5113 5113
 young jeezy478 said:
from my experience "dont change the fluid" transmissions are very sensitive machines. if you like to gamble then change it, it might work out and then again you might get stuck with a busted transmission.
Like I said from my exp some dealers don't rec trans flush depending on region/make and model. I would def call up the dealership before taking any actions or take a look at the service intervals. If you having problems and the interval doens't recommended it then def take it back to dealership with a WTF IS THIS CRAP . Transmissions are very sensitive and some dealers don't flush em just drain and fill, you can damager a 3k trans by flushing is with the stupid machine because some noob tech recommends it. FOLLOW THE SERVICE INTERVALS
 7 years ago '04        #27
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,270 | Props total: 1037 1037
If you had your fluid change duing the time it was supposed to be changed it would be fine, if its never been changed dont bother.

Ive had 5 cars flush before, one was a 98 nissan maxima who's tranny started slipping after it was flushed, the others were an 01 sentra which has been fine since it was flushed, my 92 240 volvo was flushed and has been fine, also my 93 camaro has been flushed and is fine, along with my 95 s320 benz that was flushed which has been fine.

So out of 5 flushes, only 1 failed.
 7 years ago '07        #28
DaKid730 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,596 | Props total: 677 677
toyotas are know for dirty tranny fluid dont flush it just drain and fill a few times and go thru all the gears
 7 years ago '09        #29
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,110 | Props total: 1652 1652
My Camry has 235,315 miles and my transmission oil is dirt black . I wanted to change it because i didn't know better like you. But as soon as i went to a mechanic this guy offer to buy my car and then i told him i was changing the transmission so the car runs smooths and last longer. He told me if you change it the transmission oil the gears will slip. So i didn't change it. My tranny oil is dirt black and my car still runs smooth just change your oil because if you change the transmission oil best to believe your car will start slipping
 7 years ago '06        #30
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,860 | Props total: 25606 25606
i just changed mine and iit's ok
 7 years ago '04        #31
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,531 | Props total: 5113 5113
 Toss said:
My Camry has 235,315 miles and my transmission oil is dirt black . I wanted to change it because i didn't know better like you. But as soon as i went to a mechanic this guy offer to buy my car and then i told him i was changing the transmission so the car runs smooths and last longer. He told me if you change it the transmission oil the gears will slip. So i didn't change it. My tranny oil is dirt black and my car still runs smooth just change your oil because if you change the transmission oil best to believe your car will start slipping
In your situation you've probably never changed the fluid and after 200,000 on the trans it's a bit too late. If you had changed the fluid from day one you still wouldn't have any problem. It would freak me out that I still have a dirty fluid in the trans.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy