Transmission Flush, safe or not?

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-09-2010, 10:27 PM         #1
10261 pageviews
31 comments

Flozz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Transmission Flush, safe or not?

I have a toyota corolla 95', I was wondering if it would be safe for a transmission flush with new transmission fluid. I have read mixed reviews about it from messing up there transmissions to helping out the car shift gears rather nice and so forth. The car has been reliable through out it's time with us. I'm kinda mixed about it and I did talk to some people saying it's not bad on my specific car, but rather a bit more risk on other cars such as benz and so forth. I was wondering if anyone here has ever had one and the outcome of doing so. I'm worried as I have checked the transmission fluid and it is getting rather dark, so people tell me your story and opinions in this matter!

Thanks!! image

31 comments for "Transmission Flush, safe or not?"

7 years ago '05        #2
Bourbon Finest 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,624 | Props total: 410 410
yea do a tranny flush if the oil getting dark man
 7 years ago '05        #3
JesusShuttles 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,371 | Props total: 1086 1086
I had this guy change my radiator and guess what happened .. he hit a Transmission line and the fluid came out ... guess what happened .. the transmission started slipping 1st gear .... LONG STORY SHORT AND 3,000$ in debt later ...DO NOT CHANGE YOUR TRANSMISSION FLUID ... JUST GET A NEWER MODEL CAR .... when something old is accustomed to doing something the same way all the time, it is stuck in its ways, much like a car.. dont put new s**t on old s**t man!! ..

i had a 1996 acura tl 2.5
 08-09-2010, 11:29 PM         #4
Flozz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^

yea I wish I could just get a new car like that but at the same time I'm paying for school,PT job, I think I might take it to a transmission shop see what they tell me but I would rather just add new fluid to it then flushing the whole thing as there is evidence of negative sides to it but aswell as positive, I would rather just take it and add transmission fluid slowly. Funny thing is, It's that some of my friends have also told me not to do it because of accustomed ways that the cars has lol. I might do that!..thanks for the help bro!, sorry about your car man. What you driving now a days?
 7 years ago '04        #5
JayR04 113 heat pts113
space
space
$10,955 | Props total: 5739 5739
i heard if you don't do it regularly to just leave it.
 7 years ago '05        #6
Bourbon Finest 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,624 | Props total: 410 410
Man change those fluids. Do preventive maintance to your car likes it tells you to do
 7 years ago '05        #7
JesusShuttles 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,371 | Props total: 1086 1086
i sold it last week lol.. i still owe AAMCO money .. these c*cksuckas call me monday-sunday askin for they money, now they threatenin to take me to court lmao .. but uhm... im goin to the army in october so i dont need a car anymore
 7 years ago '06        #8
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
$20,424 | Props total: 2493 2493
This is like saying should I change my motor oil so why wouldn't fresh tranny fluid be good for the car? If your shifts are becoming rough inbetween shifts then it's obvious that you need to change your tranny fluid (or you could have tranny problems but in the auto tech world you start off with the simplest thing first before going to the difficult), it ain't gonna do nothing but make the shifts smoother. Best way to know for sure is refer to your vehicle's manual cause that'll tell you what you should and shouldn't do, just get the right ATF (automatic transmission fluid) or MTF (manual transmission fluid).

Last edited by Bman409; 08-10-2010 at 07:57 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #9
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,583 | Props total: 5286 5286
it all depends on your service manual some dealers rec changing trans fluid and some dont. I would call the dealership up and see what they do I know honda does NOT use the transmission flush machine because the transmission is very sensitive so they do drain and refill 3x and your good to go. So I would def ask the dealer if they do it with drain and fill or use transmission flush machine. This is not like a ordinary oil change if you f**k up you are going to need $3K + for new transmission.
 7 years ago '06        #10
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
 deziking said:
it all depends on your service manual some dealers rec changing trans fluid and some dont. I would call the dealership up and see what they do I know honda does NOT use the transmission flush machine because the transmission is very sensitive so they do drain and refill 3x and your good to go. So I would def ask the dealer if they do it with drain and fill or use transmission flush machine. This is not like a ordinary oil change if you f**k up you are going to need $3K + for new transmission.
So y'all just drain the tranny and add fresh fluid? I mean that's what I'd do.

I don't understand how some dealers would recconmend not changing out tranny fluid, I mean it's gonna get old over time and I know the car isn't gonna shift smoothly throughout it's lifetime. Aint it like 30-60k miles to change the fluid? I think it's something like that.
 7 years ago '04        #11
JayR04 113 heat pts113
space
space
$10,955 | Props total: 5739 5739
 Bman409 said:
This is like saying should I change my motor oil so why wouldn't fresh tranny fluid be good for the car? If your shifts are becoming rough inbetween shifts then it's obvious that you need to change your tranny fluid (or you could have tranny problems but in the auto tech world you start off with the simplest thing first before going to the difficult), it ain't gonna do nothing but make the shifts smoother. Best way to know for sure is refer to your vehicle's manual cause that'll tell you what you should and shouldn't do, just get the right ATF (automatic transmission fluid) or MTF (manual transmission fluid).
If the car has more than like 100k miles and the tranny fluid never been changed, then some cases, changing the fluid makes the shifts worse. Hard to explain but that's what I heard and read. Maybe it's a myth but I just thought I should bring it up. Google "transmission fluid flush too late" and see what other people are saying.
 7 years ago '05        #12
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,557 | Props total: 1194 1194
depends how they do it. you take it to a shop they gonna suck all that s**t out your tranny they wont drop the pan at all so it's pointless. if you going to do it right i mean maybe but most likely if your tranny is f**ken up it wont solve any problems. i'd suggest leaving it if you don't do it regularly.
 7 years ago '06        #13
Badnewz100 
space
space
$4,614 | Props total: 3698 3698
Took mines to a transmission shop today, and the man told me tranmission flushes aren't any good.
 7 years ago '06        #14
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
 JayR04 said:
If the car has more than like 100k miles and the tranny fluid never been changed, then some cases, changing the fluid makes the shifts worse. Hard to explain but that's what I heard and read. Maybe it's a myth but I just thought I should bring it up. Google "transmission fluid flush too late" and see what other people are saying.
I mean does that sound or make any sense to you though? I just don't understand how folks are saying changing your tranny fluid is gonna make the shifts worst, just doesn't make sense to me.

Since we're talking about transmission I just noticed that my dad's truck shifts hard as hell in 1st gear but all the other gears it shifts fine. I hate AT with a passion anyways.
 7 years ago '05        #15
Gotti211 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,721 | Props total: 6 6
 Badnewz100 said:
Took mines to a transmission shop today, and the man told me tranmission flushes aren't any good.
This. My pops told me to never flush my transmission because when he did it both times the transmission went out soon after. He has a 93 chevy single cab pick up truck wit like 220,000 miles on it never changed the transmission fluid and it doesn't even come close to slippin rides pretty damn good. Its not his everyday truck anymore but he still drives it from time to time
 7 years ago '04        #16
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,583 | Props total: 5286 5286
 Bman409 said:
So y'all just drain the tranny and add fresh fluid? I mean that's what I'd do.

I don't understand how some dealers would recconmend not changing out tranny fluid, I mean it's gonna get old over time and I know the car isn't gonna shift smoothly throughout it's lifetime. Aint it like 30-60k miles to change the fluid? I think it's something like that.
yea what we do is drain the 3 quarts of fluid, then add 3 quarts of new fluid drive the car for couple miles drain it again and add again drive around and do that 3 times so all the fluid is drained out. It's really bad with flushing because you have to leave the car on in order for the machine to suck in the old one and put in the new one All these useless shops like quick lube and s**t do that.
 7 years ago '05        #17
why? 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,204 | Props total: 0 0
could try checking your speed sensors to.

The input and the output. When i first got my car , it didn't switch gears.

It ran straight without switching gears. I changed the speed sensors and it started changing the way it is suppose to.

Sometimes the speed sensors get burnt , dirty , etc.

Try that first and see what happens
 7 years ago '06        #18
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
 deziking said:
yea what we do is drain the 3 quarts of fluid, then add 3 quarts of new fluid drive the car for couple miles drain it again and add again drive around and do that 3 times so all the fluid is drained out. It's really bad with flushing because you have to leave the car on in order for the machine to suck in the old one and put in the new one All these useless shops like quick lube and s**t do that.
How long does the whole process take?

Btw, can you hook me up with a diagram to a '94 GMC Sierra 2WD? Battery diagram, how to take off cause for some reason s**t is totally different from what I'm use to.
 7 years ago '07        #19
LOpacino 
space
space
$798 | Props total: 115 115
do not get a flush your old car is prolly all gunked up and as soon as you do a flush it will loose pressure.The gunk is keeping the holes covered.
 08-11-2010, 04:26 PM         #20
diplo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JesusShuttles said:
I had this guy change my radiator and guess what happened .. he hit a Transmission line and the fluid came out ... guess what happened .. the transmission started slipping 1st gear .... LONG STORY SHORT AND 3,000$ in debt later ...DO NOT CHANGE YOUR TRANSMISSION FLUID ... JUST GET A NEWER MODEL CAR .... when something old is accustomed to doing something the same way all the time, it is stuck in its ways, much like a car.. dont put new s**t on old s**t man!! ..
z
i had a 1996 acura tl 2.5
IF you don't trust a mechanic, do it yourself.

The synchros within a transmission require MTF/ATF to function correctly.

Buying a newer vehicle because you're either too lazy to do it yourself or don't trust a mechanic doing it is downright stupid. Especially in this current economic situation.

All transmissions have a petcock screw that will drain the fluid and another location to put it in.

I've done it before. You can even use engine oil if you can't get MTF/ATF.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy