Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley[1-29-10][HBO]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
151 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
196 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
bradley by KO 1 6.67%
bradley by decision 7 46.67%
draw 0 0%
alexander by KO 2 13.33%
alexander by decision 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #62
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 984 984

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #63
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9

Alexander: Khan is Not Special, Marquez is a Bigger f!ght

By Mark Vester

WBC junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander sees nothing special about Amir Khan, the WBA champion. Alexander faces WBO champion Timothy Bradley in a unification bout on January 29 in Pontiac, Michigan. Most expect the winner to face Khan in the summer. Alexander doesn't see a reason to chase after Khan. He considers Juan Manuel Marquez a bigger f!ght at the weight. Marquez is expected to hit 140 this year. Alexander doesn't consider Khan a mandatory target after the Bradley f!ght.

"Khan is an okay f!ghter. There is really no big deal about him. People are really making a big hype about Amir Khan. I don't see what the big hype is about. I guess he has some power behind him to get some hype, but people think more about him than I think he is. He's an okay f!ghter. The winner of this f!ght don't have to go after Amir Khan," Alexander said.

"The winner of this f!ght is going to be the number one in the division. Marquez is a bigger f!ght than Khan. It's not about chasing Amir Khan. Amir Khan is not the cash cow at 140. I got a big following in St. Louis just like he has a big following in the UK. I don't think we should be dwelling too much about Khan after this."

7 years ago '06        #64
space
space
Devon Alexander ‘The Great’ Training Camp Notes, Part 2

“We are in the heart of our training camp. I’m here in Las Vegas sleeping in Mike Tyson’s old bed in Don King’s house at night, pounding the pavement for six miles every morning and in the gym every afternoon for training and sparring.

“You can’t beat a f!ght town like Vegas to find good sparring partners. It is critical for my preparation. I have guys here who are not just giving me good rounds, they are giving me good looks—the kind of looks I expect to see from Tim Bradley come Jan. 29 at the Silverdome.

“A daunting challenge is when we drive up to Mt. Charleston three times a week to run on the mountain road I call The Monster. It’s one thing to run it in the summer. It’s quite another to face it in the dead of winter.

“I had a TV crew from HBO up there with me on The Monster last week, and we got snowed off the mountain! We are up so high I’m jogging by people who are skiing at the Mt. Charleston Ski Resort. Heck, it snowed two inches in Vegas the other day! So much for fun in the sun….

“My trainer, Kevin Cunningham, has been with me since I was 7. I wouldn’t be where I am today without him. He is an excellent trainer. His goal is to make sure I peak on the night of the f!ght. We are moving towards that goal every day. I feel like that is exactly where we will be come f!ght night.

“I can tell you one thing for sure: Timmy Bradley is going to have to deal with what I am preparing for. This isn’t a hobby for me, it’s my job. Bradley is not going to come to Detroit at the end of this month and take what I have worked my whole life to gain.

“He will have to deal with what I am going to bring. I know he’s trying to boast himself up, trying to convince himself of all the things he’s going to do. Well, I remember something Felix Trinidad said when Fernando Vargas was doing a lot of bragging before they fought. He said there is an old Puerto Rican saying that goes like this: ‘It is one thing to call out the devil, and it is quite another to see him coming.’ You’ll see what happens to Timmy Bradley when he sees me coming.”

Timothy ‘Desert Storm’ Bradley Training Camp Notes. Part 2

“I am still here training at the Boys and Girls club in Indio, California. This is where I have always trained for my f!ghts and what works for me.

“I am ahead of schedule so the following week I will be closing my training camp with my fitness coach and will continue to work in the gym on the game plan.

“My training regimen is more so new school and I have incorporated strength training as of August.

“We are getting closer to the 29th and as that is soon approaching there is more intensity in all that I do and I also start tapering off my workouts.

“At this point in my training camp I feel like every day has a moment like in the Rocky films. When I am sparring or when I’m running and just feel like I have pushed myself to the limit and can’t go any more I start to talk to myself and become the one that tells me to push it.

“I hear a voice within me that tells me to keep going… keep on it, keep pushing. Yeah, I want this for me but also I want this for everyone… my family, the kids I coach and to those whose lives I’ve touched in any way in my work with the community.

“I always have a motto that I follow and take to heart and that is that at the end of that night (f!ght night) my family will be the one that eats. I know that every man is hungry out there and that is why I need to be the one starving.

“I feel that my motto will not only help me keep mental focused and determined but it also keeps me grounded. I train hard every day because I want to be remembered as one of the best f!ghters years from now I know this is not an easy thing to accomplish but with God's help I know that I will one day accomplish my goal. Turning in now. Lights out.”

WBC super lightweight champion Alexander (21-0, 13 KOs), of St. Louis, and WBO junior welterweight champion Bradley (26-0, 11 KOs), of Palm Springs, collide in “The Super f!ght,” Saturday, January 29, at the Silverdome in Pontiac, Mich. Their world title unification will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing, beginning at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT.

Remaining tickets, priced from $25-$400, can be purchased at the Silverdome box office, by calling (248) 338-2500 or online at . Alexander vs. Bradley is promoted by Gary Shaw Productions, Don King Productions, and Thompson Boxing Promotions.
 7 years ago '06        #65
space
space
Tim Bradley f!ghts The Flu as Devon Alexander Bout Nears

By Lem Satterfield

WBO junior welterweight king Tim Bradley is battling a minor case of the flu as he trains for his HBO televised, Jan. 29 clash opposite WBC titlist Devon Alexander that is slated for the Pontiac Silverdome in Pontiac, Mich. Bradley (26-0, 11 knockouts) will not allow the flu to interfere with his training for Alexander (21-0, 13 KOs), and has no intention of withdrawing from the f!ght. He believes everything will be 100% come f!ght night.

"I've got this flu. I'm trying to get out of this flu bug. That's not good, but I'm still going to f!ght, though. No excuses. I ain't going to turn this f!ght down, even if I'm sick in the ring, I'm still going to f!ght. I'm resting. Lots of resting. But training camp is still going on strong. I'm still f!ghting and I feel I'm getting my strength back. I'm getting toward the final stages of this flu," Bradley said. "My nose is still stopped up and everything, but I'm still feeling good and feeling strong. My weight is good and I'm just ready to go."

Bradley has already begun to pick up his training. He plans to do at least 15 rounds of sparring on Saturday and says everything will be normal as he enters f!ght week.

"Actually, I just ran this morning for about 45 minutes, and I am about to go into training at the gym. I should be at the gym at around noon. I've already started to tapering off with the sparring due to the fact that I'm a little under the weather. I'm tapering down right now, and I'll close on Saturday and do about 15 rounds of sparring on Saturday. But, you know, right now, I'm going about three times a week. I will be sparring today, and that's about six rounds today. But I'm going to be alright. I'm going to be alright."

7 years ago '06        #66
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
He's gonna have to k!ll em....
 7 years ago '07        #67
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,037 | Props total: 30315 30315
For real though, there has been this crazy flu going around. Damn near everyone at my work outside of me, and this one other manager, have caught it. All my friends had it too.

I'm thinking of going to this f!ght.
 7 years ago '06        #68
space
space
If you live in MI and a boxing fan with some $ to spare can't see how ya miss this one... kendall holt only person I know on the undercard so far. Both of look like they dead on serious about their job I love these faceoff features.

Tim Bradley never puts on a bad show can't wait to see the two styles clash... really on some may the best man win tip.
 7 years ago '06        #72
space
space
Alexander's Trainer: I'll Bring Nyquil, Theraflu For Bradley

By Rick Reeno

Kevin Cunningham, the manager and trainer for WBC junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander (21-0, 13KOs), advised BoxingScene.com that he plans to "bring some Nyquil and Theraflu" with him to Pontiac, Michigan, to ensure WBO champion Timothy Bradley (26-0, 11KOs) is feeling better as the unification approaches for January 29 at the Silverdome.

A few days ago, Bradley informed BoxingScene's Lem Satterfield that he was battling a flu bug for the last couple of days, but he also expects a full recovery by f!ght week.

"I've got this flu. I'm trying to get out of this flu bug. That's not good, but I'm still going to f!ght, though. No excuses. I ain't going to turn this f!ght down, even if I'm sick in the ring, I'm still going to f!ght. I'm resting. Lots of resting. But training camp is still going on strong. I'm still f!ghting and I feel I'm getting my strength back. I'm getting toward the final stages of this flu," Bradley said. "My nose is still stopped up and everything, but I'm still feeling good and feeling strong. My weight is good and I'm just ready to go."

According to Cunningham, Alexander himself was recently f!ghting a bad cold. Cunningham doesn't want to hear any excuses related to illness in the post-f!ght press conference

"I read that he's got a little cold. It's ironic, because Devon is just getting over a cold too. We don't make a big deal over stuff like that. We just took a little Nyquil and a little Theraflu and kept going. I can't tell you why Tim Bradley would go to the media and tell them that he's under the weather, but that's something we never would have did. But, you know he had his reasons for why [he did it], but I just hope that it's not laying the groundwork for an excuse," Cunningham told BoxingScene.com.

7 years ago '06        #73
space
space
 Fishscale said:

:a greement1:
 7 years ago '06        #74
space
space
Alexander: Bradley Needs an Excuse For The Butt-Whipping

By Lem Satterfield

WBC junior welterweight king Devon Alexander (21-0, 13 KOs) feels ready for his unification with WBO champion Timothy Bradley, which takes place on January 29 from the Pontiac Silverdome, in Pontiac, Michigan. During a recent interview with Bradley, the boxer disclosed that he was f!ghting off the ending effects of the flu. Alexander has his doubts about Bradley's illness.

"You know, that's the kind of thing that I think he wants to put out there. If he's sick, I'll just let it pass and let it run the course and continue to train. I didn't think that he had to make that public notice. But it's all mental. I think that mentally, he has to make up something to come up with an excuse for this butt-whipping he's about to get," Alexander said.

Alexander says Bradley is a roadblock to greatness. The St. Louis native wants to use Bradley as a springboard to much bigger opportunities, like lucrative f!ghts with Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao.

The world will know on Jan. 29 why I'm Alexander the Great. I want the whole world to know that I'm the best of the 140-pounders, and that they've got another Floyd Mayweather on their hands. I don't have a favorite f!ghter. I just look at all of the greats that ever did boxing. I look at a certain thing that they do in their career and in the craft and I incorporate it into my craft," Alexander said.

"There are numerous guys out there. But they're always bringing up Timothy Bradley's name, so, I figured and I knew that I had to f!ght Timothy Bradley. I want to beat Tim Bradley to become that name that is mentioned along with the best f!ghters in the sport today. I want to beat him and become that."

7 years ago '06        #75
space
space
 7 years ago '06        #76
space
space
Bradley-Alexander: WBC Title at Stake For Both Sides

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has been advised by Mauricio Sulaiman, the WBC's executive secretary, that next Saturday's junior welterweight unification, between Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander, will have their 140-pound title at stake for both boxers. An understanding has been reached between Bradley and the WBC.

Bradley (26-0, 11KOs), who owns the WBO's version of the title, was refusing to pay the WBC's sanctioning fee, which only left Alexander (21-0, 13KOs), the WBC's champion, in position to walk away with both titles. Bradley was still upset with the WBC's decision from April 2009 when the sanctioning body stripped him of the title for not make his mandatory defense against Devon Alexander. Alexander won the vacant title with an August 2009 stoppage of Junior Witter.

"Yes, we're very happy that things are back to normal with Timothy. As we've always said, we have a very personal feeling for him and we're very happy now that everything is okay," said ," said Sulaiman. "Any misunderstanding from the past were cleared and so now, the f!ght will be for both championships -- the WBC and the WBO. So he's right on schedule."

"It was last week that basically things got back to the point where all of the misunderstandings were cleared up. But it's been a process where many dear people who care for the betterment of boxing talked to each other. We talked to Timothy and his people, and, so, it has been a process. And now, nothing is held against nobody. We're just happy and we're looking forward to the f!ght on January 29."

The f!ght takes place at the Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan. HBO will televise.

01-25-2011, 10:20 AM         #77
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

I wanna see this f!ght live so bad but textbooks k!lled me...Oh well i'm rocking with Tim Bradley,Devon is over-rated.
 7 years ago '07        #78
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
Tim Bradly should win....last time I seen Devon f!ght it wasn't impressive at alll....I almost forgot about this section with the new layout of the site...hard to find the subsections
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
174 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
58 comments
1 day ago