most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
393 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
14 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
bradley by KO 1 6.67%
bradley by decision 7 46.67%
draw 0 0%
alexander by KO 2 13.33%
alexander by decision 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #41
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Alexander To Get Homefield Advantage With Bradley

By Lem Satterfield

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, WBC junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander will get the homefield advantage against his WBO counterpart, Timothy Bradley. Their unification will take place on January 29 at the Chafetz Arena on the St. Louis University campus, which is located in Alexander's hometown of St. Louis, Mo. The f!ght will be televised on HBO.

7 years ago '06        #42
space
space
Bradley-Alexander: Tempers Begin To Rise Over Venue

By Lem Satterfield

Trainer and manager Kevin Cunningham, who handles WBC junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander, is starting to get upset with the way his f!ghter's upcoming unification with Timothy Bradley is playing out. The f!ght, scheduled for January 29, appeared to have a set venue, with the 12,000-seat Chafetz Arena on the St. Louis University campus in Alexander's hometown of St. Louis playing host.

Alexander's promoter Don King had advised local papers that a deal was reached with the venue, but Bradley's promoter, Gary Shaw, says St. Louis is no longer an option. According to Shaw, Atlanta, Ga., and, Detroit, Mich., are now in play. Cunningham said the bout agreements were signed in September and he's very frustrated with the promoters not securing a venue in the last couple of weeks.

"Devon and myself are growing increasingly frustrated over this. This coming weekend, we'll be eight weeks out from the date of one of the biggest f!ghts in the sport of boxing, and we have no site or venue. This is the biggest f!ght at this point in Devon's career, and there are serious ramifications for the winner of this f!ght," said Cunningham.

Shaw wants Cunningham to focus more of his energy on training, and less on the actual promotion.

"We are working on a site that will benefit the entire promotion," said Shaw. "In the meantime, Kevin Cunningham should spend more time working in the gym with his f!ghter and less time acting like or pretending to be the promoter. All that he's doing is hurting his f!ghter."

Cunningham fired some parting shots at the Bradley camp, claiming they are terrified of facing Alexander in St. Louis.

"The Bradley camp is balking at coming to St. Louis, but how can a f!ghter like Tim Bradley, who can't draw flies to s**t, have the power to dictate where this f!ght is going?" said Cunningham. "The bottom line is that if Tim Bradley is that f**king scared of Devon Alexander, then why doesn't he just man up and say so, and we can move on to something else."

7 years ago '07        #43
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,047 | Props total: 30337 30337
Yea... Bradley draws about 700 people. The f!ght only makes sense in St. Louis. Let Bradley's team pick the ref and a judge. Absolutely should have no say in the venue though.
 7 years ago '06        #44
space
space
Almost two months after junior welterweight titleholders Devon Alexander and Timothy Bradley Jr. signed to f!ght each other in the first major f!ght of 2011, the bout finally found a home on Wednesday.

Alexander and Bradley will put their 140-pound belts on the line Jan. 29 (HBO) at the Silverdome in the Detroit suburb of Pontiac, Mich., Bradley promoter Gary Shaw told ESPN.com.

Rafael's Boxing Blog

Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

"We're going to the Silverdome, [outside of] Detroit. It's done," Shaw said.

Thus ends the lengthy process of finding a venue for a f!ght that will match two of the best young f!ghters in boxing.

For weeks, venues in Detroit, Atlanta, St. Louis (Alexander's hometown), Miami and Washington were mentioned.

"The two finalists were Atlanta and Detroit and at the end of the day, we felt Detroit was the best place to the put the f!ght. Detroit is a great f!ght town and has a rich f!ght history," Shaw said of the city that produced several boxing stars, including Thomas Hearns. "We're excited to go there and give them a great f!ght with these two great young f!ghters. HBO has promised to put a lot of muscle behind this f!ght."

Shaw said the cavernous Silverdome will be scaled for 15,000 for the f!ght and that tickets will go on sale Dec. 10.

Shaw is co-promoting the f!ght with Don King, Alexander's promoter. King spokesman Alan Hopper said King had signed off on the deal to take the bout to the Silverdome, the former home of the NFL's Detroit Lions.

Bradley (26-0, 11 KOs), 27, of Palm Springs, Calif., has made four title defenses since going to England and dethroning Junior Witter on points in May 2008. In his second defense, Bradley unified belts with a decision against Kendall Holt but was later stripped of one of them for taking a f!ght other than one of his mandatory defenses.

Alexander (21-0, 13 KOs), 23, stopped Witter in the eighth round to win a vacant title -- the one stripped from Bradley -- in August 2008 and has made two defenses. In his first defense, Alexander scored a highlight-reel eighth-round knockout of Juan Urango to unify belts and then scored a tight unanimous decision against Andriy Kotelnik in August. Like Bradley, Alexander was stripped of one of his belts because he opted to face Bradley instead of making a mandatory defense for a fraction of the money he will make against Bradley.

Besides the undisclosed site fee from the Silverdome, HBO is paying approximately $3 million for the f!ght with the sides working on a 50-50 split.

12-07-2010, 06:24 AM         #45
BIGBrandon2785 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Devon had a off night verse Kotelnik,it wont happen again.He's bringin his A game verse Bradley
 7 years ago '06        #46
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Timothy Bradley - I feel it will be me. He feels it will be him. I am not going to lay down and he’s not going to lay down. It’s going to be a great f!ght and you are not going to want to miss it.

Devon Alexander - Hey Bradley…It’s on baby, it’s on. This is just another f!ght for me. It’s a big f!ght for my career, but just another f!ght for me.

Gary Shaw - This f!ght is called the Super f!ght because they are the two best f!ghters in the world at 140 lbs…bar none. But I am going to tell you, and Devon, why my f!ghter will win. My f!ghter has beaten better f!ghters, has gone deeper into f!ghts and won a title overseas. Timothy Bradley works harder than any f!ghter I have worked with in my whole career.

That’s why we will win the f!ght…you laugh Kevin. Kevin Cunningham talks great sh*t…we just rain hard.

Kevin Cunningham - This is the greatest division in boxing. I hear from Gary Shaw that Tim Bradley has beat all these guys, these great champions…who are they? Gary Shaw was right about one thing…right now Timothy Bradley is No. 1 and Devon is No. 2. But there is a problem with that because Devon doesn’t like to be No. 2 and on January 29 he will change that..

Joel Diaz - I want to thank Timothy Bradley and his father for giving me an opportunity one day and believing in me. Timothy Bradley is a great f!ghter and a workaholic. And on January 29 we will see who the best in the world is at 140 lbs. It will be a great night. A f!ght for the ages.

One of the most anticipated f!ghts in boxing -- and the biggest bout of a young 2011 -- will take place when undefeated world champions DEVON ALEXANDER “The Great” and TIMOTHY “Desert Storm” BRADLEY duke it out at the 140-pound weight limit on Saturday, January 29 at the Silverdome in Pontiac, Mich.

Boxing fans have been waiting for years to see these two young world champions collide. The St. Louis phenom Alexander (21-0, 13 KOs), who will put his unblemished record and World Boxing Council (WBC) super lightweight championship at risk while Bradley (26-0, 11 KOs), from Palm Springs, Calif., enters the bout with a similarly perfect record and his World Boxing Organization (WBO) junior welterweight crown on the line.

Tickets, priced from $25-$400, will go on sale This Friday! December 10, and can be purchased at the Silverdome box office, by calling (248) 338-2500 or online at . Promoted by Gary Shaw Productions, Don King Productions, and Thompson Boxing Promotions, Alexander vs. Bradley will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing, beginning at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT.
 7 years ago '04        #47
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by CentsCuZ; 12-09-2010 at 03:46 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #48
space
space

[video - click to view]

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 12-22-2010 at 07:11 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #49
space
space
Devon Alexander: "Bradley's Skill Level is Nothing Special"

by Mark Vester

WBC junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander is not going to overhype his upcoming unification with Timothy Bradley, the champion of the WBO. They unify the belts on January 29. Alexander is treating the match as just another f!ght.

"He could think I'm stupid but this is just a normal f!ght for me. It's good for my career. His skill level, I saw it before and there is nothing special about it. I'm looking at it as a regular f!ght for me," Alexander said.

During their press tour to promote the f!ghts, things got very heated between the two f!ghters and words were exchanged. Alexander says Bradley is under a lot of pressure and starting to crack.

"He's trying, in his head, to get amped up. He's trying to find something to beat me. He knows that I'm too fast for him. He knows that I'm going to be too slick for him. He's just trying to figure out something that he can say or do to calm his nerves," Alexander said.

"My skill is way better than his. People think that he's more experienced and that he's more accomplished, but people will see on January 29th how my skill outweighs his skill."

7 years ago '06        #50
space
space
Alexander: Straight Punches Are Going To k!ll Tim Bradley

By Mark Vester

WBC junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander says Tim Bradley, the WBO champ, has been avoiding him for some time. They unify on January 29. Alexander feels that HBO, which is televising the f!ght, forced Braldey's hand in taking the contest. He claims to have chased Bradley several times in the past and received nothing but excuses regarding a possible f!ght.

"He says he hasn't avoided me," Alexander said told NY Newsday. "but here are the facts: He gave up the WBC title because he said I wasn't a big enough draw. So, I won the WBC. Then, he didn't want to f!ght me because I wasn't a big enough name. So, I unified the titles . Then, he said he wanted to let it marinate some more, so, we let it marinate some more and he still didn't want to f!ght me. I think HBO forced this f!ght on him because it's a f!ght the fans want to see."

Alexander is not impressed with Bradley's style or the opponents that he's beaten. After studying tapes, he believes Bradley has put on too much bulk from working out. Alexander also noticed a flaw that leaves Bradley vulnerable to straight punches.

"He ducks his head a lot. He kind of throws punches and doesn't know where they're going. I think it's because he's so big. He's lifting weights, and he's losing a lot of speed. Straight punches all night are going to k!ll him," Alexander said.

7 years ago '06        #51
space
space
Tim Bradley Rips Alexander, Says Mosley "Looked Shot"

By Chris LaBate

During a recent interview with Suge Green of On The Grind Boxing Radio , WBO junior welterweight Tim Bradley discussed his upcoming January 29 unification with WBC champ Devon Alexander and he gave his thoughts on Shane Mosley challenging Manny Pacquiao for the WBO welterweight title on May 7.

Bradley is a big fan of Mosley. That doesn't affect his opinion on the f!ght. He was very impressed with Mosley's performance against Antonio Margarito in January 2009. Bradley lost that impression when he saw Mosley f!ght Floyd Mayweather Jr. in May 2010 and then Sergio Mora in September 2010. Bradley says Pacquiao will be "too much" for the 39-year-old veteran.

"I love Sugar Shane Mosley. He's one of the best f!ghters ever man to lace up a pair of gloves I think. But right now, at this point I think Pacman is just too much. Unless...he gotta prove me wrong. I watched Shane in his last f!ght and I was just like, 'What is going on? What happened to Shane Mosley man?' I don't know. He looked impressive against Margarito, then he fought against this tough kid and I was like, 'Man what happened?' And he just looked shot. Just shot," Bradley said.

The f!ght with Alexander has been building for the last few months with both sides takes verbal swipes at each other. Once the f!ght was signed, the verbal swipes continued. Bradley promised to shut Alexander down by putting in a "f!ght of the year" type performance.

"It's gonna be probably f!ght of the year. Guarantee you - there's gonna be fireworks man. I'm letting everybody know I'm coming, so whatever Devon do - I'm coming. Just know that Tim Bradley said he's coming and just watch me do my thing. Please," Bradley said.

"They call [Alexander] I guess, 'The Great.' But after I get done with him he ain't gonna be called 'great' no more, he's gonna be called average. So everybody stay tuned. Check me out and don't miss it man. Don't miss it."

7 years ago '06        #52
space
space

[video - click to view]

!
 7 years ago '06        #55
GunMedalGleam 
space
space
$398 | Props total: 100 100
Its Hard for me to bet against Bradley. He Adjust on the fly very well. Alexander does not. But hes power and athleticism is undeniable. Id say Bradley by decision.
 7 years ago '06        #56
space
space
Alexander vs Bradley To Get a Major Push From HBO

By Lem Satterfield

The upcoming junior welterweight unification, between unbeaten champions Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander, was called "a signature f!ght" by HBO's President of Sports Ross Greenburg. Alexander (21-0, 13 KOs) from St. Louis, Mo. will face Bradley (26-0, 11 KOs) from Palm Springs, Calif., on January 29 at the Pontiac Silverdome in Pontiac, Mich. HBO is planning a major marketing campaign for the f!ght.

"This is a hot division, and these are the two, very best. They are two of the very best f!ghters at 140 pounds. They're in their prime. We haven't seen this kind of a match up since, you know, Julio Cesar Chavez-Meldrick Taylor, or Aaron Pryor-Alexis Arguello," said Greenburg. "I mean, it's not quite on the level of a Chavez-Taylor or a Pryor-Arguello, but it's the most significant 140-pound match up since those two great f!ghts."

"We're going to have some very, very heavy marketing muscle behind this f!ght between two Americans f!ghting for a unification of their 140-pound titles. So, internet, print, radio, television -- we are going to basically blast the American public with this f!ght."

HBO positioned Alexander-Bradley close to the Super Bowl in order to provide the f!ght with a very attractive televised date. The Super Bowl is being held on Feb. 6 at Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

"It's newsworthy that HBO wants Bradley and Alexander to f!ght on that big date, which is Jan. 29. It's the biggest HBO date," said Greenburg in July. "It's one of the biggest of the year because it sits right in front of the Super Bowl."

Lem Satterfield is the boxing editor at AOL FanHouse and the news editor at BoxingScene.com. To read more from Lem Satterfield, go to AOL FanHouse by Clicking Here .

7 years ago '06        #58
space
space

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 01-10-2011 at 08:30 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy