Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley[1-29-10][HBO]

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
bradley by KO 1 6.67%
bradley by decision 7 46.67%
draw 0 0%
alexander by KO 2 13.33%
alexander by decision 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #21
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Cunningham: Bradley Will Have To k!ll Alexander To Win

By Rick Reeno

Everything appears to be on track for the first mega-f!ght of 2011. HBO has set aside January 29 for the junior welterweight unification between champions Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander. A few days ago, promoters Gary Shaw and Don King reached an agreement on the financial terms with HBO.

The only thing remaining is for both f!ghters to approve the money put on the table by HBO. Alexander's manager/trainer, Kevin Cunningham, is waiting for King to present the final numbers for his approval. Once finalized, Cunningham expects one hell of a battle.

"This is going to be a f!ght of the year. They are the two best f!ghters at 140-pounds. Two unbeaten champions. These two guys do not want to lose to each other," Cunningham told BoxingScene.com.

There has been a lot of hype, and a lot of talk from Team Alexander. Cunningham expects his f!ghter to back it up and lay everything on the line against Bradley.

"I know one thing, there is no way that Devon is going to let Tim Bradley walk out of that ring with the win and three titles. Devon is ready to go out on his shield. Tim Bradley is going to have to k!ll Devon to win that f!ght," Cunningham said.

7 years ago '06        #22
space
space
Tim Bradley Talks Alexander f!ght, Venue, 50-50 Split

By Ryan Burton

BoxingScene.com reached out to WBO junior welterweight champion Tim Bradley to see how far along negotiations are for a huge unification bout with WBC/IBF junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander. Bradley told BoxingScene, "Negotiations are still underway. I can't get into too much detail but I know we are working really hard to make this f!ght happen. This a f!ght the fans really want to see and the fans deserve it. I am very excited about this f!ght."

BoxingScene had previously reported that Gary Shaw who promotes Tim Bradley, and Don King who promotes Devon Alexander, had agreed to a 50-50 split down the middle and agreed to have the f!ght at a neutral venue. "Yes that is all true. New Orleans is a likely spot for the f!ght from what I have heard."

BoxingScene also recently ran an article in which Alexander's trainer and manager Kevin Cunninghan said that both Devon Alexander and Tim Bradley deserve to get paid top dollar for a f!ght of this magnitude. The California native had this to say, "I mean why wouldn't the money be there to f!ght Alexander? That's a f!ght everyone wants to see. Devon wants the f!ght. I want the f!ght. Make the money right and let's do it."

Bradley sounded confident that the f!ght would come to fruition but wasn't sure that it would happen in January. "This f!ght will definitely happen. If terms aren't reached for January 29th, I am sure the f!ght will happen down the road. Hopefully it will be in January because like I said the people want to see this f!ght and this f!ght is good for the sport of boxing."

7 years ago '06        #23
space
space
 7 years ago '06        #24
space
space
 7 years ago '06        #25
space
space
Alexander May Lose IBF Title Before Bradley Unification

By Rick Reeno

In a strange situation, the IBF went forward with a purse bid on September 28 for an IBF mandatory bout between champion Devon Alexander and challenger Kizer Mabuza. According to the IBF, they sent a letter on August 9th which notified the promoters, Don King and Branco Milenkovic of South Africa, to begin negotiations. The negotiations period ended on September 9 and a purse bid was set for September 28.

Initially, the purse bid was postponed because King notified IBF President Daryl Peoples that an agreement had been reached for Alexander to unify his WBC/IBF titles with WBO Timothy Bradley on January 29. The IBF is claiming, that because Gary Shaw did not send them a copy of the agreement, the purse bid proceeded as scheduled.

Milenkovic was the only bidder and he bid $101,500 and paid the 20% deposit ($20, 3000). The purse bid split will be 75% to Alexander and 25% to Mabuza. The IBF ordered that the f!ght must take place within 90 days of September 28, 2010 or no later than December 28, 2010. The executed contracts must be submitted to the IBF within 15 days of the purse bid or no later than October 13, 2010.

If his back is put against the wall, Alexander will obviously drop the IBF title to proceed with this HBO-televised f!ght with Bradley.

Shaw told BoxingScene.com that the IBF is not being truthful in the situation. He tells BoxingScene that he gave notification by phone and sent an email the IBF, on September 27, confirming that a deal had been finalized for Alexander-Bradley.

"Daryl Peoples is not being truthful. I was on the phone with him and King. We said there was an agreement and then he [Peoples] went and scheduled the purse bid. I told Don that he should start a lawsuit. It doesn't make any sense. Instead of getting a [sanctioning] fee from a million dollar purse [for Alexander], now they get one from a $75,000 purse," Shaw said to BoxingScene.com.

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 09-29-2010 at 04:32 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #26
space
space
Source: Bradley vs Alexander Moves Closer To a Deal

by Lem Satterfield

The very anticipated junior welterweight unification between WBC/IBF champion Devon Alexander and WBO king Timothy Bradley - has moved one step closer. Alexander and his manager/trainer Kevin Cunningham reached a deal with their promoter Don King several weeks ago. However, Bradley and his manager Cameron Dunkin were having issues reaching a deal with their promoter, Gary Shaw.

A source with knowledge of the negotiations has indicated that a "major breakthrough" has taken place in the ongoing discussions between Bradley/Dunkin and Shaw. Attorney Michael Miller, representing Bradley and Dunkin, is working on the final details with Shaw's attorney, Leon Margules.

The f!ght is scheduled to take place on January 29 on HBO.

7 years ago '06        #27
space
space
Bradley: "I'm Going To Smash Alexander, Bust His Mouth!"

By Lem Satterfield

In the next few days, WBO junior welterweight champion Tim Bradley (26-0, 11KOs) will sign the f!ght contract to face WBC/IBF champion Devon Alexander (21-0, 13KOs) in an HBO-televised unification bout on January 29. Alexander, who is being pushed by the IBF to f!ght mandatory Kaizer Mabuza, will likely drop that title to move forward with Bradley.

"I've got the contract, and I'm going to be signing it over the next couple of days. Finally, now everything is pretty much ready. I'm happy about this f!ght. Even though I feel like I'm taking this f!ght on short money, I still want this f!ght," said Bradley.

For months the two f!ghters have traded words through the press and on national television. Bradley wants to make Alexander pay for every bad thing that he said. He wants to make a serious statement in the f!ght.

"Without a doubt, without a doubt, I definitely have something to say to Devon Alexander, and that's that he had better be ready. I mean, he really had better be ready, because I'm coming, and, basically, I'm going to smash him," said Bradley.

"I'm going to bust him in his big mouth. Now, he's about to get shut up. The boxing world is going to see who the best 140-pounder in the world, and that's Timothy Bradley, The Desert Storm, baby. Believe it."

7 years ago '06        #28
jj01 
space
space
$44,956 | Props total: 4677 4677
although i doubt the sting from bradley's punch, he very well may be able to do this......esp with how s**tty devon was on defense last f!ght.

also, i thought this was already a done deal and pretty much guaranteed to go down. seems like we always getting updates of how close it is to being signed.
 7 years ago '06        #29
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,480 | Props total: 257 257
Had me hyped for a second
 7 years ago '06        #30
space
space
Bradley: I Signed The Contract, Alexander Got His Wish!

By Lem Satterfield

WBO junior welterweight champion Tim Bradley has officially signed his f!ght contract to face WBC/IBF champ Devon Alexander in a unification bout on January 29. The f!ght will be televised by HBO. However, Alexander is expected to lose his IBF title before the unification takes place. The sanctioning body has ordered him to face the mandatory challenger, Kaizer Mabuza, by December 28.

"Devon, you have gotten your wish. I've signed the contract. So the f!ght is on," Bradley said.

The signing ends a back and forth struggle on the contract terms between Bradley and his promoter, Gary Shaw. Bradley (26-0, 11KOs) has been waiting to his hand on Alexander (21-0, 13KOs) for some time.

"Devon Alexander and his camp have been doing a lot of talking, and the f!ght has been a big buzz in the boxing community and in the media," said Bradley. "And, you know, now we're going to see who is truly the best in the world in the 140-pound division. So on Jan. 29, I'm going to be very excited."

7 years ago '06        #31
space
space
Tim Bradley-Devon Alexander Signed For Jan.29th - 140-Pound Unification Bout Will Take Place In Either Miami Or Las Vegas

By James Slater - In what was a very slow weekend for the sport of boxing, one big news story emerged: one that tells us the eagerly-awaited light-welterweight showdown between unbeaten talents Tim Bradley and Devon Alexander will go ahead as planned on January 29th.

For a time it looked like the WBC/IBF/WBO 140-pound clash might not happen, but yesterday, Kevin Cunningham, trainer of Alexander, told f!ghtnews.com that his man has indeed signed to f!ght the WBO champ, and that the f!ght will take place at the end of January in either Las Vegas or Miami. Neither f!ghter will get hometown advantage then..

A great match-up that will surely lead to a superb f!ght, perhaps of the chess-match variety, the winner of Bradley Vs. Alexander will emerge as the number-one of the talent-rich light-welterweight division. WBA ruler Amir Khan is sure to say something on this claim, if he can get past Argentine banger Marcos Maidana in December, and the ultimate plan is for the Khan-Maidana winner to square off with the Bradley-Alexander victor. Great times indeed for the 140-pound division!

Bradley, currently 26-0(11) and four years older than Alexander at age 27, has shown how good he is. Earning wins over tough foes like Junior Witter, Kendall Holt, Lamont Peterson and, last time out up at 147-pounds, Luis Carlos Abregu, the man known as “Desert Strom” can box and he can bang, he can f!ght on the outside, he can f!ght on the inside. Thus far, Bradley really has looked like a f!ghter who can do it all.

Alexander, currently 21-0(13) has also proven his worth along with his talent. A slick southpaw who can also hit with authority, “The Great” has picked up fine wins over the likes of Junior Witter (who Devon stopped, whereas Tim won on points), Juan Urnago (another sensational stoppage) and, in his last f!ght, Andriy Kotelnik. This last f!ght for Alexander, back in August (a month after Bradley beat Abregu) was of a controversial nature, with some people feeling Kotelnik was hard done by with regards to the scoring. In some ways one of Alexander’s least impressive showings, the win certainly led Bradley to feel he has the beating of him.

Still, Alexander - and Bradley himself - will surely enter the January 29th f!ght with a perfect mindset, and both men will be up for this f!ght like no other. Indeed, the upcoming battle should bring out the best in both men.

BALLLLLINNNNNNNNNNNN
 7 years ago '06        #32
space
space
Bradley-Alexander: Several Locations Eyed, Not Miami

By Lem Satterfield

Promoter Gary Shaw has denied several published reports that Miami's American Airlines Arena is a potential venue to host the junior welterweight unification between Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander, scheduled to headline an HBO televised card on January 29.

There are several sites in the running and Miami is not one of them, says Shaw. Alexander's promoter, Don King, had mentioned the Miami venue as a good possibility to host the event. But Shaw says the event is a 50-50 co-promotion and neither promoter can bind the other to any particular venue.

"Washington, D.C., New Orleans, Atlanta and Detroit are all sites that are being looked at," Shaw said. "There has been no discussion about finalizing Miami's American Airlines Arena. Zero. There are many sites that are under consideration," said Shaw. "At this time, it is not even close to being a done deal. This is a co-promotion. There is not one party that can bind the other."

7 years ago '06        #33
space
space
Alexander-Bradley: Devon Seals The Deal, Signs Contract

By Ryan Burton

The first mega f!ght of 2011 is officially signed, sealed and delivered. Last week BoxingScene.com first reported that WBO junior welterweight champion Tim Bradley had officially signed his contract to face WBC/IBF champion Devon Alexander in an HBO-televised unification bout on January 29.

Alexander had verbally agreed to terms over a month ago, but moments ago Alexander's manager and trainer Kevin Cunningham reached out to BoxingScene to announce that Team Alexander had signed on the dotted line.

"Devon signed the contract today, so this f!ght is on! Most pound for pound lists and ranking organizations have Bradley as number one and Devon at number two in the division. Now we can see who really is number one," Cunningham told BoxingScene.

"These are the type of f!ghts fans want to see. Number one versus number two. Team Alexander is excited that this f!ght is officially going to happen."

7 years ago '06        #34
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,480 | Props total: 257 257
Devon really don't want it
 7 years ago '06        #36
space
space
Alexander-Bradley Possible For Vegas, Miami and Atlanta

By Ryan Burton

BoxingScene.com spoke to Gary Shaw, who promotes WBO junior welterweight champion Tim Bradley, about possible venues for Bradley's big unification showdown with Devon Alexander. The f!ght takes place on January 29th and will be televised on HBO's World Championship Boxing series.

Miami and Detroit were previously mentioned as possible venues. When asked for an update Shaw told BoxingScene, "We don't have a frontrunner right now but we are looking at Las Vegas, Miami and Atlanta as possible venues."

Shaw doesn't anticipate the negotiations will go on much longer. "We hope to have a venue nailed down in the next two weeks." He and Alexander's promoter, Don King want to solidify a venue soon so that they can start the heavily promoting one of the most anticipated f!ghts of 2011.

7 years ago '06        #37
space
space
Cunningham: Khan Was Quiet Until We Signed for Bradley

By Lem Satterfield

Kevin Cunningham, manager and trainer of WBC junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander, is surprised with some of the recent comments that are being made by WBA champion Amir Khan. Alexander is scheduled to f!ght WBO champion Tim Bradley on January 29. Before a deal was reached for Alexander to unify with Bradley, Cunningham was trying to secure f!ghts with opponents like Khan, Marcos Maidana and Victor Ortiz.

In the opinion of Cunningham, Khan stayed quiet until a deal was finalized between Alexander and Bradley.

"Amir Khan is basically dissing Devon and Tim. But basically, this guy, all of a sudden is doing all of this tweeting and all of these interviews and all of this talking right now," said Cunningham.

"But prior to Tim Bradley and Devon agreeing to f!ght one another, you couldn't get punks like Khan to step up to the plate and talk about f!ghting Tim or Devon. With Golden Boy Promotions having Khan, Maidana and Ortiz, there was no way that the were going to allow any of them to get near either Tim or Devon. The way we see it, after beating Tim Bradley, these guys won't matter."

7 years ago '07        #40
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,067 | Props total: 30370 30370
Alexander vs Bradley: Only The WBO Will Be at Stake

By Lem Satterfield

The f!ght started out as a junior welterweight unification with three major titles involved. At the end of the day, only the WBO title will be at stake when Timothy Bradley faces Devon Alexander in the main event of an HBO-televised card on January 29. Alexander was stripped of the IBF title for refusing to go forward with a mandatory defense against South African boxer Kaizer Mabuza.

The IBF ordered Alexander to make the mandatory by December 28, which was impossible since the Bradley f!ght was already scheduled 31-days from the deadline. Alexander was left with the WBC title, but Bradley has refused to pay their sanctioning fee, according to Bradley's promoter Gary Shaw. If Bradley wins, he will not gain Alexander's WBC belt. However, Alexander stands to gain Bradley's WBO title.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy