Phat ass white girl for real
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
bradley by KO 1 6.67%
bradley by decision 7 46.67%
draw 0 0%
alexander by KO 2 13.33%
alexander by decision 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
8643 pageviews
188 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley[1-29-10][HBO]

[pic - click to view]

VOTE

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/s .. .php?t=1461247

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 01-07-2011 at 05:45 PM..

188 comments for "Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley[1-29-10][HBO]"

7 years ago '06        #2
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
Cunningham: I Hope Bradley Grows Balls, f!ghts Devon

By Ryan Burton

BoxingScene.com spoke to Kevin Cunningham, manager/trainer of WBC/IBF junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander. When asked to a.ssess Alexander's performance against Andriy Kotelnik from last Saturday, Cunningham had this to say - "it wasn't Devon's best performance. Athletes have nights where they are on and nights where they are off and Devon definitely had an off night."

Going into the f!ght, few people gave Kotelnik much of a chance to win the f!ght
even though he is the only man to beat Marcos Maidana.

"I was telling people all along that Kotelnik was a great f!ghter. You don't win a silver medal in the Olympics and become a world champion without being good." Cunningham had been trying to secure Maidana and Tim Bradley among others before reaching an agreement to f!ght Kotelnik. "We tried to get Bradley, Maidana and Khan. Kotelnik was the only guy that would f!ght us. He is one of the top guys in the division."

When asked if Alexander's off performance could be attributed to looking ahead to a January date with Bradley, Cunningham quickly brushed aside that notion. He felt it was more the fact that this was Devon's first big f!ght that he was headlining in his hometown of St. Louis.

"Devon stepped off the airplane and 350 fans were there waiting for him. Then he had more at city hall. He visited the Rams plus the Cardinal game. I think all the festivities of the week drained him emotionally. He was able to get through it and he will be a better f!ghter for it."

Cunningham continued "he also had the Fox film crew with him in d here at home filming Greatway to Greatness. It basically was his first 24/7. True champions find a way to win and Devon found a way."

Cunningham has his sights set on a January 29th unification f!ght with Tim Bradley. He thinks Alexander's off night may actually help their cause.

"I hope after watching this f!ght that Tim Bradley grows some balls and f!ghts us. That is the f!ght the fans want to see."

Alexander-Bradley would help HBO start off 2011 with a bang.

7 years ago '06        #3
space
space
Tim Bradley Says: "Devon Alexander Was Exposed!"

By Lem Satterfield

WBO junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (26-0, 11KOs) wasn't impressed after watching Saturday's bout between Devon Alexander and Andriy Kotelnik (31-4-1, 13KOs). Before a hometown crowd of over 9,000 fans in St. Louis, Alexander (21-0, 13KOs) retained his WBC and IBF belts with a tough twelve round unanimous decision. Now the stars are in position. HBO wants Bradley and Alexander to collide in a unification showdown on January 29. As a deal inches closer, Bradley doesn't believe Alexander is ready for him.

"That boy ain't ready for me, man. [Laughs.] Alexander was exposed. He's vulnerable, man. He's like what I call a reaction f!ghter. Anything you do, then he wants to come right back with something. You'll be able to set him up for a lot of counters. All that you have to do is to punch at him, and you know something is coming back from him," Bradley said.

"So then, it's automatic. You slip and weave and 'Wop! Wop!' counter him. From there, I don't want to give out too much information. But I just saw a lot of mistakes. He got touched a lot in that f!ght, man. But maybe he had an off-night, I'm not sure. But I just didn't see the greatness that they've been talking about."

Bradley doesn't see how Alexander will be able to deal with his quick combinations and foot speed. He expects to put the heat on Alexander when they meet in the ring.

"They were the same guy, and that's what I've been trying to tell everybody. That Juan Urango is slow, and can't do nothing. Kotelnik's got decent speed, but he ain't got the foot speed that I've got. Devon was able to occasionally get out of range, but I'm far quicker than what Kotelnik is," Bradley said.

"I throw more combinations than Kotelnik, you know? I pressure a lot better than Kotelnik. I'm ruthless in there when I get inside, you know? If Kotelnik was able to do that to him, imagine what it's going to be for him when he's in there with a guy with skills like the ones that I have."

Lem Satterfield is the boxing editor at AOL FanHouse and the news editor at BoxingScene.com. To read more from Lem Satterfield, go to AOL FanHouse by Clicking Here.

7 years ago '06        #4
jj01 
space
space
$44,963 | Props total: 4685 4685
stfu then bradley and make the f!ght....he should be dyin to make it now with as bad as devin looked.
 7 years ago '08        #5
simmons224 
space
space
space
$559 | Props total: 11 11
based on that performance bradley would eat alexander but thats not alexander at his best. he is young in his home town f!ghting in front of Floyd and Evander. He was tryin to hard. Vs bradley it will be another story he will at least look better. But regardless of how tight alexander was thats not excuse for getting hit the way he was. It goes both ways though. old boy he was f!ghtn had that f**k up a.ss style that crazy a.ss half step back will throw timing off for ALL AMERICANS. people ask y khan did so good vs him and its easy. Khans from overseas he has already saw that style.
 08-09-2010, 06:33 PM         #6
TampaBay Bucs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bradley would beat Alexander pretty comfortably. If Alexander was able to hide behind his height and jab he would have a shot but that doesnt seem to be likely vs the likes of Bradley.
 7 years ago '05        #7
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,066 | Props total: 1046 1046
Bradley still doesn't seem interested

7 years ago '06        #8
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Bradley is talking mad s**t with his glass chin. He's a tough f!ghter to get knocked down like has and get back up to win but what about when he gets caught with one of those KO punches?

I mean talk is cheap. These top boxers need to get boxing back to what it was by f!ghting the best out there instead of taking on all these no name f!ghters. Oh yeah and arguing over Twitter.
 7 years ago '04        #9
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,013 | Props total: 1574 1574
Battle of the Overrated.

but

"I pressure a lot better than Kotelnik. I'm ruthless in there when I get inside, you know?"
really Timmy? really???

a punch from Kotelnik is NOT a punch from Bradley; and the thought of Timmy pressuring any B+ or above f!ghter similar to or better than what Kotelnik was able to do is laughable. Bradley taking Devon's f!ght as as a sign he can walk through Alexander is beyond foolish. but whatever
 7 years ago '07        #10
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,095 | Props total: 30434 30434
Devon can get better... I'm sure of that. At least, I'm sure he can get better offensively, I dunno if he has the desire to fix his defensive liabilities. Bradley on the other hand, this is it for him. He is as good as he'll ever be.

After the bullsh*t Khan/Malianaggi f!ght, the totally unnecessary Bradley/Abregu f!ght... and the utterly disappointing Alexander/Kotelnik f!ght... I'm not really hype on seeing any of these guys f!ght each other.

I think Bradley would be better served f!ghting Judah right now. I think Alexander would be better served f!ght a Nate Campbell or Joan Guzman... and Khan would be best served f!ghting Maidana, IN England. These f!ghts should take place on a split site triple header card on HBO for free. Khan can do his f!ght live in England on PPV, and keep all his money. HBO can have that on tape delay for free in the U.S., followed by the other 2 f!ghts.

Whichever 2 f!ghters win most impressively.... they f!ght each other. The third man can f!ght on the undercard of that f!ght and hopefully he gets next.
 7 years ago '06        #11
space
space
Bradley-Alexander Deal Could Be Signed Next Week

By Lem Satterfield

According to promoter Gary Shaw, a deal for a junior welterweight unification between Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander could be signed by next week. Shaw plans to meet with HBO next week to discuss the financial details. Alexander's promoter, Don King, is likely to attend the meeting. The network has been pushing for the f!ght. If a deal is reached next week, HBO wants to televise the f!ght on January 29.

"I think that the deal will get signed sometime next week. I have to go up to HBO and negotiate. Don King wants to go with me, which is fine, and to negotiate with HBO. And if it as big as HBO keeps on saying that this f!ght is, and I do believe that it's one of the biggest f!ghts that HBO can put on the air, then, you know, they'll pay what the f!ght is worth," Shaw said

Lem Satterfield is the boxing editor at AOL FanHouse and the news editor at BoxingScene.com. To read more from Lem Satterfield, go to AOL FanHouse by Clicking Here.

7 years ago '09        #12
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,270 | Props total: 19373 19373
if alexander improves some i got him winning...but if he does the same mistakes he did in his last f!ght he will lose by decision
 7 years ago '06        #13
space
space
By Lem Satterfield

Negotiations for a junior welterweight unification are heating up. HBO is pushing to have WBC/IBF champion Devon Alexander and WBO king Timothy Bradley come together for a f!ght. The network, and f!ght promoters Gary Shaw and Don King, have discussed a tentative date of January 29.

One of the sticking points for Alexander's manager and trainer, Kevin Cunningham, is the money. Cunningham wants at least a 50-50 split for his boxer - or the f!ght won't happen. Because of Alexander's ability to draw, at least in St. Louis, Cunningham believes they are at least entitled to an equal split of the money.

"The bottom line is this: We'll f!ght Tim Bradley next. We're willing to f!ght Tim Bradley on a 50-50 split, and we think that the f!ght makes sense in St. Louis. But it doesn't have to be in St. Louis. We'll f!ght Tim Bradley anywhere," said Cunningham.

"But the f!ght doesn't make sense in California, because Tim Bradley doesn't draw but 2,000 there. So the f!ght can't take place in California. Devon is willing to f!ght Tim Bradley if the money's right, wherever.

If the financial numbers are not satisfied, then Alexander and Cunningham will pursue alternative opportunities.

"Gary Shaw is talking all of this sh**, but we don't need Tim Bradley. If Devon can do 10,000 fans with a guy that nobody has ever heard of [Andriy Kotelnik], then, Devon can f!ght at home a couple of times a year and be just fine. So we don't need Tim Bradley," said Cunningham.

Shaw, who promoted Bradley, refused to discuss money, but he is open to a 50-50 split and a neutral location to stage the f!ght. There is no way the f!ght will take place in St. Louis, says Shaw.

"I don't discuss money, but this is one of those f!ghts where a 50-50 split is not out of the question," said Shaw. "If I had my choice, I would obviously like to see the f!ght in California," said Shaw. "But other than that, I would like to see the f!ght in Washington, D.C., or, New Orleans. There simply is not a chance that the f!ght is going to St. Louis."

7 years ago '06        #14
jj01 
space
space
at least they are cool wth the split...has either been on a ppv card? cant remember off top....i know neither has headlined.
 7 years ago '06        #15
space
space
 jj01 said:
at least they are cool wth the split...has either been on a ppv card? cant remember off top....i know neither has headlined.
Alexander has been on the undercard of Roy Jones-Trinidad vs corley
 7 years ago '06        #16
jj01 
space
space
so there is no chance of this being on ppv right? what u think they could have done differently to help these cats' buzz......to get that mega ppv matchup that everybody wanted?
 08-19-2010, 05:14 PM         #17
TampaBay Bucs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bring it to DC!

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #18
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Fishscale said:
Alexander has been on the undercard of Roy Jones-Trinidad vs corley
yeah I was just about to type that....
 08-19-2010, 05:58 PM         #19
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bradley dont want the f!ght....hes lucky theyre even offering half...devon is the one bringing the money to the table

Last edited by DrX; 08-19-2010 at 11:02 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #20
space
space
Bradley vs Alexander: Promoters and HBO Reach a Deal

By Lem Satterfield

A junior welterweight unification between WBC/IBF junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander and WBO king Timothy Bradley is inching closer to deal. Their promoters, Don King and Gary Shaw, met with HBO Sports President Ross Greenburg, and Senior Vice President of Sports Kery Davis on Thursday. A deal was reached, which includes a 50-50 split between the f!ghters.

The only thing left is for both f!ghters to accept the deal. King, who handles Alexander, and Shaw, who promotes Bradley, will return to their f!ghters with the financial figures for their approval.

"HBO made us an offer that I accepted and that Don King accepted. Now we have to go back to the f!ghters and see if they'll accept the offer. If they do, then the f!ght is on. If they don't, then there will be no f!ght," said Shaw. "The f!ght is absolutely, 100 percent a 50-50 split. I don't discuss money, and I won't discuss any of the other terms except to say that it's a 50-50 split. Both sides are equal partners."

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
167 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
261 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
165 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
90 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy