Aug 6 - Last Hiroshima bomber: "I'd do it again"( 65th anniversary of the US bombing of Hiroshima)

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
10038 pageviews
254 comments

The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17250 17250
Aug 6 - Last Hiroshima bomber: "I'd do it again"( 65th anniversary of the US bombing of Hiroshima)

[pic - click to view]

Today marks the 65th anniversary of the US bombing of Hiroshima

[pic - click to view]

http://rt.com/Top_News/20 .. ary-japan.html

It was not only a turning point in World War II, but also a turning point in history as the world was introduced to the atomic bomb for the first time. RT sat down for an exclusive interview with Theodore Van Kirk, the last surviving member of the Enola Gay, the American bomber that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima.

[video - click to view]

Japan remembers Hiroshima victimsn

Published 06 August, 2010, 06:07

Edited 06 August, 2010, 23:02

Japan is remembering the 140,000 people who died after the first-ever use of an atomic bomb, dropped by the US on the city of Hiroshima in August 1945.

It is the first time representatives from America, as well as Britain and France, attended a memorial for the attack. A total of 75 countries were present.

“I think it is very significant to see there Ambassador John Roos [US Ambassador to Japan – ed.]. this is the first time that the Americans have actually participated in this ceremony,” said Dr. Kate Hudson, head of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. “It is widely seen now as an indication of the very serious intent of President Obama [to achieving a nuclear weapons-free world.]”

Meanwhile, Professor Robert Jacobs from the Hiroshima Peace Institute believes there is still a large degree of contention in the US over the subject of the Hiroshima bombing.

“It was only in 1995 that, at an exhibition commemorating the anniversary of the bombing at the Smithsonian Institution in the US, there was controversy over including photographs of hibakusha [victims who survived the bombings –ed.] along with the display of the Enola Gay [the bomber that dropped the first bomb- ed.]," Jacobs said.

Last edited by The N; 08-06-2010 at 04:08 PM..

254 comments for "Aug 6 - Last Hiroshima bomber: "I'd do it again"( 65th anniversary of the US bombing of Hiroshima)"

7 years ago '04        #2
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,883 | Props total: 2020 2020
actually a read good watch
 08-06-2010, 04:23 PM         #3
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Killing that many women and children was easy. f**kin white people.
 7 years ago '06        #4
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,988 | Props total: 4017 4017

palogee said:
We were at war. Don't forget about Pearl Harbor.
 7 years ago '10        #5
murd410 31 heat pts31
space
space
$3,946 | Props total: 351 351
 palogee said:
Yeah but the attack on pearl harbor was a f**king piece of beautiful history stfu clown
 7 years ago '04        #6
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 435 435
good watch...

people can say all they want to say about they feel this wasnt right, but its the truth n at that point during the war, the right choice was made..
 08-06-2010, 04:53 PM         #7
Inferno724 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats a thugged out old man right there. What you would call a real steadfast soldier. I deal directly with the armed forces on a daily basis. Alot of these kids today who are so ready for war and the lazy a.ss ones why take being a soldier way too lightly could learn a thing or 2 from a old timer like this. Throw a salute to the old bird when you see'em!!!
 7 years ago '04        #8
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 palogee said:

racist prick...f**k you
 7 years ago '09        #9
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #10
space
space
 Mr Crackee said:
killing over a thousand military vs k!lling over 100,000 innocent civillians, plus complications from radiation in future generations. :hmm:
the bombings saved far more people then it k!lled, actions justified
 7 years ago '04        #11
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 palogee said:
Only two responses in and a race comment is made.

O wait. This dude just makes racist comments all day on here.

palogee said:
That's white people for you. Spend all the money in the world on nuclear weapons, jets, and guns. But cut any and all avenues to a proper education(Unless you are one of them or in line to fill a quota).

Last edited by hockeythug; 08-06-2010 at 05:14 PM..
 08-06-2010, 05:15 PM         #12
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm Filipino.... and what they did to my people was f*cked up throwing babies in the air and catching them with bayonets. I don't condone nuclear weapon use... but it had to be done.
 7 years ago '04        #13
space
space
 Supa Mario 910 said:
That's bulls**t and you know it.
how you figure? Learn history before you talk s**t...if we didn't drop that bomb the war would've went on for another couple years (FACT) and so many more people would've been k!lled due to the war this ended the war saved far more lives then it k!lled
 7 years ago '05        #14
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
They actually did this to get Japan to surrender, it's in their culture to f!ght to the death, there is a reason why they didn't attack major cities such as Kyoto and Tokyo at the time.
 08-06-2010, 05:15 PM         #15
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't condone war period...... both sides are wrong.
 7 years ago '05        #16
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 YOUNGZERO said:
I don't condone war period...... both sides are wrong.
But to demonize Americans for doing something almost 60 years ago which probably saved millions of lives from Japanese led atrocities doesn't make sense to me. At the end of the day, it's just War, people get k!lled, get the f**k over it.
 7 years ago '09        #17
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 JaiMega said:
They actually did this to get Japan to surrender, it's in their culture to f!ght to the death, there is a reason why they didn't attack major cities such as Kyoto and Tokyo at the time.
there were quite a bit of the emperor's generals who still didnt want to surrender.

they actually almost plotted to keep f!ghting despite what he said.
 08-06-2010, 05:19 PM         #18
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's just war??? Have u been at war??? U tell those people to get over it.
 7 years ago '08        #19
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,061 | Props total: 4847 4847
 Supa Mario 910 said:
This comment is as stupid as it is false. How in the f**k can you predict how many people (on America's side) would have died if the war continued? Please break that down for me because as of right now, I'm filing under the bulls**t column. Also, there is a huge difference between soldiers being k!lled and INNOCENT CIVILIANS who do not control what their government does. Hopefully a foreign nation decides to drop a bomb on your house only due to the fact that our country is at war with them.
Just wondering, have you ever heard of Unit 731?
 08-06-2010, 05:23 PM         #20
TheKharma 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it really shouldnt be up for debate. japan was part of the axis of evil and were allies with Hitler. our reasoning pretty much stops there. they attacked us, we own them and end the war. mission accomplished
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy