Official: Shaquille O'Neal to Boston

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
69 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #41
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 joshdogg26 said:
shaq's not really gonna add anything defensively. he doesn't even really try to contest shots cleanly any more cuz he doesn't move his feet, he'll just give us free throws lol. not to mention he's one of the worst big men in the league defending pick and roll. i really wish he would have retired like 3 years ago, it hurts me to see him prostituting himself like this.
yeah he really should have already retired. And I agree he doesnt bring much defensively, but hopefully that changes when he gets here. We are a defensive team so maybe he puts in a little effort.

billieskeet said:
They whipped all those teams a.sses last year. And the bulls? what have the bulls done to even be mention in the same sentence as the celtics? I understand the heat and magic, but the bulls have the same ppl and will get smashed again this year if the celtics are even remotely healthy.
nah bulls are good. Boozer and Korver were good pickups. Korver's pretty underrated. He would have been a good pickup here, a guy to shoot 3's off the bench
 7 years ago '10        #42
SlycerXblade 1 heat pts
space
space
$566 | Props total: 27 27
 keithbm1111 said:
I'm sure JO can play PF too, right? I'm just hoping Perk takes his time, heals 100% and continues his growth as a great defensive center and continue to improve offensively.

Hopefully, come playoff time our lineup can be:

Rondo/Bradley ?
Ray/ Nate/ Daniels
Pierce/ Daniels
KG/ Baby/ JO
Perk/ JO/ Shaq ?

We need to add someone to backup Pierce, I was pumped about Quise last year and he got hurt and never really came back to life, hopefully this year is different. If not we need to add another scorer off the bench (I wanted Korver or Redd!ck badly)

and ebcrew- Magloire and Anthony may not give a f**k about our big men, but you better believe our big men dont give 2 s**ts about them either.

keithbm1111 said:
dude, you guys signed some old f**ks too, not just us. We already beat both your stars in the playoffs last year, we arent too scared of you guys as a whole. Beat us in the playoffs and I'll admit Heat are the better team. They'll be better in the regular season, where the fraud LeBron shines, but ocme playoff time, I like our experience and age. I'm still not too thrilled with this sign, but I guess I'll take it since we absolutely needed a big man and the FAs are abysmal.

And we're cheating by signing Shaq and Jermaine O'Neal? yeah you caught us, we're trying to stack up with 2000's All Stars
I know you were responding to someone else post, but my question is do you guys have an answer for Wade. All bs aside, during this past playoff series last year he was a straight up monster. The only time I seen him get slowed down, even a little bit, was when Tony Allen was guarding him. He's gone and I know some Boston fans are happy he's gone because of the lack of offense, but I respected his defense and it was legit. The same defense stopped Lebron, however. I also know Lebron gets all the hype, but I also know it was tough job on Pierce to guard him last year. According to Pierce and Doc, that was sole reason why his scoring dipped down during that series. My question is will Boston's team defense be enough to stop Wade when it didn't stop him last year when he had a less talented team? Well I guess it's 2 questions. The beginning and the end.
 7 years ago '05        #43
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
man ill take boston so called old men over mia loser big men anyday..

even KG at his worst is still better then anyone except bosh maybe now on MIA

and bosh is not proven u guys think winning is all about skill and talent. Just cause you got

the most talent doesnt mean your gonna win.... I am not saying boston is gonna just win

but i know they not gonna get k!lled no way no how. Its just funny how u ppl forget how great some ppl are.

cant wait to see the day where u BX n*ggas are saying the same s**t About LBJ and Wade. Playoffs are about the will to win and have that no quit attitude. and i cant even lie boston is the best when
it comes to that Us VS THE WORLD s**t, wonder what excuess yall gonna say if they beat the heat.

Last edited by GUNIT-FINEST; 08-04-2010 at 10:58 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #44
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,743 | Props total: 1751 1751
All we need now is a SF off the bench who can create there own shots
 7 years ago '05        #45
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
Yall act like u just know for sure that MIA bench is just gonna be there. when none of those players have played in a serious playoff game ever.. s**t Wade Bosh and LBJ could avg 30 points a each

and that still only 90 points. You cant sit here and tell me u just trust that MIa bench to come in and be that clutch dude when they need it. Now boston least has ppl that been there and know what it is.

just not about talent but i can see only a few of u would know that
 7 years ago '07        #46
space
space
 SlycerXblade said:

I know you were responding to someone else post, but my question is do you guys have an answer for Wade. All bs aside, during this past playoff series last year he was a straight up monster. The only time I seen him get slowed down, even a little bit, was when Tony Allen was guarding him. He's gone and I know some Boston fans are happy he's gone because of the lack of offense, but I respected his defense and it was legit. The same defense stopped Lebron, however. I also know Lebron gets all the hype, but I also know it was tough job on Pierce to guard him last year. According to Pierce and Doc, that was sole reason why his scoring dipped down during that series. My question is will Boston's team defense be enough to stop Wade when it didn't stop him last year when he had a less talented team? Well I guess it's 2 questions. The beginning and the end.

No, we dont. We never did have an asnwer for Wade, so hopefully LeBron, with his ego, wants the ball and him, we can slow down, not stop by slow down. The only huge mismatch the Heat have on us is Wade on Ray IMO.

ChiCity Fingaz said:
@ what big man is fast. Just say you don't watch basketball, you'll sound smarter.

Big men don't have to be fast to run the court. Dwight Howard isn't even fast. But they run the floor, are agile, athletic and have fresher legs.

Kevin Garnett
Shaquille O'Neal
Jermaine O'Neal
Kendrick Perkins (ACL)
Glen Davis

Yeah, those 5 are going to be sprinting up and down for the Celtics offense and defense.
People were syaing the same s**t last year and we played fine granted its a new year, but i dont think its going to be as big a problem as people are hoping it will be. KG was running and looking fine on those nice alley oops he got from Rondo, no?
 7 years ago '05        #47
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
man ill take boston so called old men over mia loser big men anyday..

even KG at his worst is still better then anyone except bosh maybe now on MIA

and bosh is not proven u guys think winning is all about skill and talent. Just cause you got

the most talent doesnt mean your gonna win.... I am not saying boston is gonna just win

but i know they not gonna get k!lled no way no how. Its just funny how u ppl forget how great some ppl are.

cant wait to see the day where u BX n*ggas are saying the same s**t About LBJ and Wade. Playoffs are about the will to win and have that no quit attitude. and i cant even lie boston is the best when
it comes to that Us VS THE WORLD s**t, wonder what excuess yall gonna say if they beat the heat.

wwoooowww i dont think i'll be listening to your opinion anymore
 7 years ago '10        #48
SlycerXblade 1 heat pts
space
space
$566 | Props total: 27 27
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
Yall act like u just know for sure that MIA bench is just gonna be there. when none of those players have played in a serious playoff game ever.. s**t Wade Bosh and LBJ could avg 30 points a each

and that still only 90 points. You cant sit here and tell me u just trust that MIa bench to come in and be that clutch dude when they need it. Now boston least has ppl that been there and know what it is.

Well, exclude House at least and maybe Big Z, I don't know if he count. Putting that aside, do you not think Miami will be a top 5 defensive team? I know Bosh doesn't play defense, but as a team they will be good. You right about the unproven bench, but call me crazy, I think they defense should still be good, like all of Pat Riley's teams. I believe they were a top defensive team last year as well.
 7 years ago '09        #49
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,073 | Props total: 22457 22457
bulls fans in here are maaaaaad
 7 years ago '07        #50
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
KG was running and looking fine? KG had no lift last year, had trouble running up and down, and only looked agile every now and then.

Anyone who's watched JO and Shaq recently know they'll get abused by fresh legs. They're straight half-court oriented.
I'm not trying to make it seem like he was the KG form 10 years ago, but he was making some great plays when he ran the floor. He had more than a few alley oops form out running his defender down the court

I have no argument for shaq and JO, i honestly dont know what to expect form them
 7 years ago '05        #51
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
 GUNIT-FINEST said:

Haslems good for 10
Mike Miller is good for 10
Arroyo/chalmers/house thats another 10-20
 7 years ago '04        #52
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,876 | Props total: 17414 17414
Celtics gonna be mean if he stays healthy
 7 years ago '05        #53
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
 SlycerXblade said:
Well, exclude House at least and maybe Big Z, I don't know if he count. Putting that aside, do you not think Miami will be a top 5 defensive team? I know Bosh doesn't play defense, but as a team they will be good. You right about the unproven bench, but call me crazy, I think they defense should still be good, like all of Pat Riley's teams. I believe they were a top defensive team last year as well.
yep even with the team they had last year they were a top defensive team
 7 years ago '09        #54
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,073 | Props total: 22457 22457
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Yeah, getting Shaquille and Jermaine O'Neal really would have topped off our offseason. :jay:
lol I know y'all out there wishing the spotlight was on y'all for your moves, and I understand where y'all coming from with the hate since if we basically changed our whole style up I'd want some attention on it too, but damn homie.
 08-04-2010, 11:23 AM         #55
unkoricky 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is a good signing.. yeah they old as f**k and i hate the Celtics..
But they will be built for the playoffs... Perkins(when he's healthy) / JO / Oneal

They will be ready to wear down the big guys down : specifically Dwight Howard in the east.

and i can see them matching up the Lakers if they run out there big guys.

Fisher - Junior G baby Daddy
Kobe - Pierce
Lamar - KG
Gasol - JO
Bynum - Shaq or Perkins
 7 years ago '05        #56
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
 ebcrew said:
wwoooowww i dont think i'll be listening to your opinion anymore
i meant in the center Pf spot not the whole damn team......

just in the big man spots
 7 years ago '05        #57
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
 SlycerXblade said:
yea your rite that D is gonna be on point LBJ is a lock down. And wade aint to bad himself its just gonna be really fun to see how all this plays out. This a really great time for Fans so manying great story lines..
 7 years ago '05        #58
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
bulls > celtics IMO
 7 years ago '07        #59
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Yeah we're real salty right now. Only the Celtics can say they can put out a Jermaine/Shaq frontcourt.
I'm more looking forward to Baby and Shaq
 7 years ago '04        #60
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,376 | Props total: 11669 11669
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Yeah we're real salty right now. Only the Celtics can say they can put out a Jermaine/Shaq frontcourt.
yall still mad yall didnt get lebron and settled for boozer and korver

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy