p90x mixed with weight lifting...?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
110 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
66 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
6430 pageviews
8 comments

ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,981 | Props total: 1 1
p90x mixed with weight lifting...?

Been on vacation, and a hiatus from a good workout plan for almost a month. I lost some definition but still got the strength I been working on for about a year in the gym.

I'm 5'8 160lbs my goal is to lose body fat (not necessarily weight) while retaining or building strength. Im planning on doing p90x, would it be 'overkill' on my body to do the p90x workout aswell as lift heavy at the gym in a day? I was thinking rather than 6 days a week, go to the gym 3-4 days leaving rest in between.

I also came up with a diet for this workout, which includes a good amount of the diet (80% towards carbs and protein split evenly) and the 20% is fat, would it be enough time for my body to recovery with the protein after doing 2 'intense' workouts in a day?

*I know p90x mixes it's own weight lifting by the way, and I have a set of 25lbs dumbbells, but i feel with such low weight its almost like free hand exercises (push-ups, pull-ups, etc.) which don't account for necessary muscle gains.*

8 comments for "p90x mixed with weight lifting...?"

08-04-2010, 11:26 AM         #2
PUA Lifestyle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Youd be wasting your time if you dont have more dumbells for p90x.
 7 years ago '08        #3
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28 OP
space
space
what size dumbbells would be recommended?

and the p90x program is going to be used more to get toned and build free hand strength (more pushups and pullups) which is why im asking if its a good idea to go to the gym and lifting heavy weights while doing the program, to add to the muscle mass/strength.
 08-04-2010, 02:39 PM         #4
PUA Lifestyle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ManOfSteel23 said:
what size dumbbells would be recommended?

and the p90x program is going to be used more to get toned and build free hand strength (more pushups and pullups) which is why im asking if its a good idea to go to the gym and lifting heavy weights while doing the program, to add to the muscle mass/strength.
When I did 30 days of p90x, some tricep and back exercises I needed up to 45 lbs. I stopped because I didnt have the proper dumbbells.
 7 years ago '08        #5
space
space
So going to the gym and lifting heavy wouldn't hinder my progress by doing 'too much', but actually help...
 08-04-2010, 04:42 PM         #6
PUA Lifestyle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you follow the videos and do the exercises properly with the correct weights I wouldnt think there would be a need to go the gym after. You are going to be working out 6-7 days a week with p90x, any more stress on your body doesnt seem like it would be helpful.
 08-04-2010, 04:44 PM         #7
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you are doing Insanity for strictly cardio purposes than I think going to the gym the same do would be fine. Just make sure you give your body enough time to recover.
 7 years ago '08        #8
space
space
 tech5c said:
If you are doing Insanity for strictly cardio purposes than I think going to the gym the same do would be fine. Just make sure you give your body enough time to recover.
*P90x, and its not just the 'cardio' parts, im planning on doing the whole program, which involves low weight lifting aswell. The program is everyday for an hour, so I'm thinking it has 'easy' stretching days for recovery, which I will probably use as my rest from the gym aswell..

Anyway, I'm still going to have a gym routine, just not 6 days a week like I used to.
 7 years ago '04        #9
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
you really need to do p90x at a gym. unless u are loaded and can afford lots of dumbbells. those things arent cheap. i put the videos on my phone... within 2-3 weeks i had the lifts memorized, now i just listen to when he says start and stop. i got great results by doing p90x at the gym for 3 months
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago