Brett Favre Has Told Teammates He Will Not Return

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
102 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #181
DJNocturnal 
space
space
$486 | Props total: 0 0
So he's told everyone but the coach? I'm not believing anything untill he comes out and says it himself.
 7 years ago '07        #182
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
hats to the side pants on the ground
 7 years ago '06        #183
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,373 | Props total: 5650 5650
 DJNocturnal said:
So he's told everyone but the coach? I'm not believing anything untill he comes out and says it himself.
I'm not trippin either way but even that doesn't mean anything. he's said he's retiring 3 years in a row.
 7 years ago '06        #184
YERCELL 
space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
 DJNocturnal said:
Yeah I'm sure Childress wouldn't dream of denying it if he had indeed been told about his retirement. Maybe they're still trying to court him to come back.
 7 years ago '05        #185
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15783 15783
Look familiar hmmmm?.....same s**t, new year

Updated: July 29, 2009, 10:19 AM ET

After nearly three months of what he described as intense and often emotional soul-searching, Brett Favre decided to remain retired from the NFL rather than become the Minnesota Vikings' starting quarterback.

Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder that the decision not to play for the Vikings was incredibly difficult, and in the process he indicated that he is unlikely to ever consider playing again in the NFL.

"It was the hardest decision I've ever made," Favre said. "I didn't feel like physically I could play at a level that was acceptable. I would like to thank everyone, including the Packers, Jets and Vikings -- but, most importantly, the fans."

Favre, who had shoulder surgery in May, experienced soreness in both ankles and his left knee during his private workouts in Mississippi. The pain would not subside and worsened as he continued to prepare for a potential 19th NFL season, which Favre considered proof that his health was too precarious to be trusted for a 16-game season.

"I had to be careful not to commit for the wrong reasons," Favre said. "They were telling me, 'You went through all this, you had the surgery and you've got to finish it off.' But I have legitimate reasons for my decision. I'm 39 with a lot of sacks to my name."

Favre, who is nearly 40, said his decision was made after consulting with former coaches Mike Holmgren and Andy Reid, and despite the lobbying efforts of Vikings players. Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen and Steve Hutchinson made phone calls or sent text messages in what one source described as Minnesota's "full-court press" to convince Favre to sign the previously negotiated one-year, $10 million contract.

But Favre rejected the Vikings on more than one occasion in the past week. Last Monday, Favre informed offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a former Green Bay a.ssistant coach and a close friend, he thought playing again was too risky and that he would remain retired. When Favre told Bevell he wasn't sure his body could endure a full season, Bevell pleaded with him to reconsider, and Favre consented but could "never get over the mental hump."

The only notable impact of Favre not returning is that Bernard Berrian remains a No. 3 receiver for fantasy. ESPN.com ranks Berrian as the No. 24 wide receiver for the season. Had Favre returned, Berrian might have moved into the top 20.

"It was a rare and unique opportunity to consider adding not only a future Hall of Fame quarterback but one that is very familiar with our system and division," Vikings head coach Brad Childress said in a statement. "That does not detract from the team that we have. As we have consistently communicated, we feel good about our team and they have put forth a tremendous effort this offseason preparing for the season ahead. With this behind us, we look forward to getting to Mankato and getting training camp underway."

Favre underwent arthroscopic surgery to release a partially torn biceps tendon in his passing shoulder, a painful injury that contributed to his tying for the NFL lead in interceptions last season. The surgery performed by Dr. James Andrews proved beneficial.

But, ultimately, Favre feared that the pain that emerged in his ankles and knee from previous injuries created too much uncertainty.

He was concerned that the pain might never subside and could continue to worsen, and he understood that signing and reporting to camp and then leaving prematurely would result in criticism over his decision to play again.

"The problem with playing in every game for 16 or 17 years is that people think there's nothing wrong with you and you can play forever," he said. "The things that bothered me, bothered me a little more. It takes longer to recover -- if you do recover."

Favre also said on Tuesday that he enjoys working out with the kids of Oak Grove High School -- where his nephew is going to be a senior -- and will continue to do so. But contrary to reports, he is not throwing with the intention of returning to the league.

The decision is a stunning blow for the Vikings, who openly courted Favre all summer. Adding Favre would have been viewed by many as the final piece for a team that already has star running back Peterson and a stingy veteran defense that returns nearly intact from last year's NFC North championship season.

"When I heard the news, I was probably as surprised and shocked as everybody else," linebacker Ben Leber told The a.ssociated Press in a phone interview. "The writing on the wall was as long as his arm was healthy he was going to play. I thought it was just a contractual deal that was taking so long and I really expected him to be at camp. So I was really surprised."

Now Childress has some damage control to do with Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, the two veterans who were expected to compete for the job before the Favre drama began for a second straight year.

Jackson and Rosenfels were peppered with questions about Favre during the team's minicamps this summer. It was a testy situation already for them to deal with, and now they will likely face a whole new set of inquiries with the job up for grabs all over again.

Jackson's agent, Joel Segal, said he spoke to his client shortly after the news broke.

"He was his usual cool, calm and collected self," Segal said. "He said, 'Great, let's get ready for camp.'"

Vikings players will begin arriving in Mankato for training camp on Wednesday, with a mandatory reporting day of Thursday and the first practice on Friday.

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN. Information from The a.ssociated Press was used in this report.

7 years ago '07        #186
space
space
 bangab**ch said:
I'm not trippin either way but even that doesn't mean anything. he's said he's retiring 3 years in a row.
so wait a minute...you think that jackson gives you just as good a shot that favre will?
 7 years ago '06        #187
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
so wait a minute...you think that jackson gives you just as good a shot that favre will?
no but I'm not about to suck this man's d!ck like everybody else is doing. that's why he does s**t like this and it's very annoying.

we need to stop playing with the QB year by year and come up with a long term solution.
 7 years ago '04        #188
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,438 | Props total: 13100 13100
 bangab**ch said:
no but I'm not about to suck this man's d!ck like everybody else is doing. that's why he does s**t like this and it's very annoying.

we need to stop playing with the QB year by year and come up with a long term solution.
It's not his fault he does it, it's the media and the teams.

It's like a child, who throws s**t around, breaks glasses and dishes. You can't get pissed at the kid for doing it, as much as you should the parents that allow it.
 08-03-2010, 02:58 PM         #189
rd Meth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngskits718 said:
I'm high and this s**t you just wrote funny as f**k

this whole thread funny as f**k

whoa
boooooted
 08-03-2010, 02:59 PM         #190
Animosity 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Banga, you pick my avy, I pick yours? Goes into effect after our last game?
 7 years ago '07        #191
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,392 | Props total: 21520 21520
this n*gga is gonna come back
 7 years ago '07        #192
space
space
 regularjoe said:

It's like a child, who throws s**t around, breaks glasses and dishes. You can't get pissed at the kid for doing it, as much as you should the parents that allow it.
green bay started it not the media...blame your fanbase
 7 years ago '06        #193
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 regularjoe said:

exactly. I wish people would stop feeding into his bulls**t. I'll believe it either way when it happens. I've been saying for the longest that he just wants to skip TC anyways.

Animosity said:
Banga, you pick my avy, I pick yours? Goes into effect after our last game?
deal.
 7 years ago '04        #194
DonofDons21 
space
space
$6,254 | Props total: 701 701
 bangab**ch said:

agreed...chilrdess f**ked up and could have gotten the kid out of nd or atleast traded for vick....there is a reason they wanted farve cuz jackson sucks

334 - 152 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 68% 15 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 249-149, Rank #16 | Aug 16: 413-226, Rank #29 | Aug 15: 457-256, Rank #36 | Aug 14: 230-180, Rank #58 | Aug 13: 177-120, Rank #38 | Aug 12: 243-147, Rank #26 | Aug 11: 134-101, Rank #78 | Aug 10: 30-29, Rank #471 | Aug 09: 95-64, Rank #63 | Aug 08: 97-75, Rank #169 *
 7 years ago '08        #195
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,730 | Props total: 11627 11627
 Cartel-Clipz said:
this n*gga is gonna come back
@ your avy
 7 years ago '04        #196
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,438 | Props total: 13100 13100
 Pistol Peter said:
green bay started it not the media...blame your fanbase
It was a combination of the fan base, the organization, and the media. I blame all of them. Green Bay fans aren't exempt. The only difference is... the Green Bay organization put a stop to it. So they get credit for that.
 7 years ago '07        #197
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 15072 15072
 bangab**ch said:

not a Vikings fan but cosign that

yall's FO put waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into Favre leading the team to a Super Bowl win

and he gave yall 1 year, they should have drafted a qb
 7 years ago '06        #198
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
not a Vikings fan but cosign that

yall's FO put waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into Favre leading the team to a Super Bowl win

and he gave yall 1 year, they should have drafted a qb
I'm mad that we could have gotten mcnabb for a 2nd since that's all it took for a division rival.
 7 years ago '08        #199
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
bulls**t by week 3 this foo gonna ask if he can come back
 7 years ago '05        #200
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,710 | Props total: 7002 7002
i just heard this still think with T-Jack 10-6 possible I mean led us to the playoffs once before
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
109 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy