Brett Favre Has Told Teammates He Will Not Return

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
104 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #1
6859 pageviews
231 comments

Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
Brett Favre Has Told Teammates He Will Not Return

[pic - click to view]

Favre has told teammates he will NOT play this season, citing wear and tear on his body. Team is hoping he will change his mind.

[pic - click to view]

Jay Glazer (Jay_Glazer) on Twitter

231 comments for "Brett Favre Has Told Teammates He Will Not Return"

08-03-2010, 09:47 AM         #2
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One of the single biggest scumbags in recent NFL history...

Farewell.
 08-03-2010, 09:47 AM         #3
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And the flip flopping begins...
 7 years ago '09        #4
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128 OP
space
space
Favre Ready To Call It Quits

MANKATO -- Brett Favre's wavering nature makes it impossible to call anything official -- even when it seems to be that way -- but NFL sources said the quarterback began informing Vikings personnel late Monday night that he has decided to retire for a third time.

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, did not immediately respond to text messages, nor did Vikings official. The Vikings were on the field Tuesday morning for practice, with coach Brad Childress set to address the media at 11:30.

The Vikings' ownership group, in town for two days of meetings, huddled on the playing field with vice presidents Rob Brzezinski and Rick Spielman.

Favre has been unwilling to commit to playing a 20th NFL season, in large part because he has felt his left ankle has not responded the way he hoped after undergoing surgery in late May. However, many a.ssumed Favre was simply buying time, as he appeared to a year ago.

In that case, Favre told coach Brad Childress he was retiring days before training camp opened but then changed his mind on Aug. 18 and joined the Vikings after one preseason game.

Nonetheless, Favre's decision will come as a shock to the many who fully expected he would join the team once the Mankato portion of training camp ended. There still will be many who won't be convinced Favre will stay retired until he doesn't play a full season.

Favre, who will turn 41 on Oct. 10, had one of the best seasons of his career in 2009, throwing for 4,202 yards (his best total since 1998), 33 touchdowns (his best total since 1997) and a career-low seven interceptions in 2009.

He led the Vikings to a 12-4 record, a second consecutive NFC title and the conference championship game. Favre signed a two-year, $25 million contract last summer that would have paid him $13 million this season

This was the third time Favre had undergone surgery on his left ankle. He also had procedures performed in 1995 and 2007 when he was with the Packers. He had spent recent weeks throwing to receivers at Oak Grove High School near his home in Hattiesburg, Miss., in what had become his annual attempt to get in shape.

But Favre had expressed doubt about how the ankle felt, just as he expressed concern about his physical well being a year ago after having surgery to repair a partially torn biceps in his throwing arm.

"After almost nine weeks, [the ankle is] not where I would like it to be, but I'm working at it," Favre was quoted as saying last month. "Maybe it never gets to where I want it to be. Forty years old ... three surgeries ... that's all you need to know."

Childress, who many believed already knew that Favre was going to be back in 2010, had been careful to not set a deadline for the quarterback to make a decision, hoping that by giving him all the time he needed it would make the decision easier. Childress visited Favre twice this offseason at his home in Mississippi but never applied any pressure.

This means the Vikings starting quarterback -- if Favre holds true to his word and doesn't change his mind in a couple of weeks -- likely will be Tarvaris Jackson.

Jackson has taken the majority of the reps with the first team in the opening six training camp practices and coach Brad Childress has made it clear that the fifth-year veteran out of Alabama State is his starter.

Sage Rosenfels and Joe Webb are the other two quarterbacks in camp. Jackson and Rosenfels began camp last season battling for the starting job before Favre arrived. Jackson did win the competition because he spent the entire season as the No. 2 quarterback behind Favre.

Jackson is 10-10 in his career as a starting and 10-9 in the regular season. Last year he saw action in eight games in relief of Favre and completed 14 of 21 passes for 201 yards with one touchdown.
 08-03-2010, 09:48 AM         #5
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And oh yeah, Adam Schien on NFL Radio is saying that some reputable reporter from Minnieappolis(sp?) is reporting that he told the Vikings brass last night that he is retiring.
 7 years ago '08        #6
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,199 | Props total: 5322 5322
Didn't he say the same s**t last year to teammates? and the year before that? and the year before that?

Yeah I'll believe it when he's not on the field
 7 years ago '05        #7
trb_5 
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 751 751
lol...there goes the vikings chance at winning the superbowl...its the packers division to lose now
 7 years ago '09        #8
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128 OP
space
space
im a favre fan and was hoping he'd come back.
 7 years ago '05        #9
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,829 | Props total: 212 212
as a packers fan, f**k yeah. will actually have a good chance to win our division, looking to see how our new oline is shaping up
 7 years ago '04        #10
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,126 | Props total: 1001 1001
I won't pay attention to any Bret Farve news really until the season starts .
 08-03-2010, 09:51 AM         #11
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ricky Towel said:
im a favre fan and was hoping he'd come back.
He's a self centered scumbag... Always has been.

Somewhere Aaron Rodgers is sitting back like
 7 years ago '07        #12
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,260 | Props total: 307 307
Bulls**t.
 7 years ago '05        #13
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,781 | Props total: 3238 3238
ESPN reporting it now. daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
 7 years ago '09        #14
Lincecum2211 
space
space
$420 | Props total: 0 0
Am seeing this s**t on ESPN now!! HAHAHA Viking fans are gonna be salty!!!
 08-03-2010, 09:57 AM         #15
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
vikings lost
Hello to 8-8

Vikings fans just got a.ss r*ped...
 7 years ago '06        #16
SM 38213 heat pts38213
space
space
$128,060 | Props total: 67941 67941
 7 years ago '05        #17
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,781 | Props total: 3238 3238
 7 years ago '05        #18
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,232 | Props total: 15793 15793
He said the same s**t last year and then showed up late at training camp. You can't trust anything this man saids.
 7 years ago '06        #19
youngskits718 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 16 16
 WiLL i Am said:
i say bulls**t and he better announce it soon cuz if he doesnt comeback hell actually save me money. i lost a bet and my father wants me to take him to watch jets vikings guy allmost had a heart attack when he came to the Jets. he loves the guy no homo

I'm high and this s**t you just wrote funny as f**k

this whole thread funny as f**k

whoa
 08-03-2010, 10:00 AM         #20
StateZFinest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
don't believe it
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy