Aug 3 - Six teens drown trying to save each other from Red River sinkhole

most viewed right now
 199
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 124
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 112
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 84
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #81
dmunson318 
space
avatar space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
the subliminal msg some of u are trying to send out is getting under my skin i aint gonna lie.
 7 years ago '06        #82
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,747 | Props total: 1187 1187
 stxbreed said:
come on dawg u gotta do better den dat. so u really think helpin somebody fallin miles in thin air is da same as helpin somebody drownin?

where am i gettin a foot from? let me slow it down fo ya...were da kids not in da same vacinity of each other. one kid started drownin practically a foot in front of the other one, which led to all of em tryin to help...which lead to my statement if u can jus stand and do nothin while a family member is dyin a foot in front of u den more power to you.

did it ever cross yalls minds dat they couldnt see da sink hole. they look over and see their brother floppin insanely while they're standin straight up perfectly fine. they walk over to see wuts wrong and bam, they fall off too. yall call em stupid because they didnt say "hmm, it must be a sink hole. i was expecting this! shall i render aid? i must run to mother and father and alert them of this catastrophe at once!" of course theres a hundred thangs u coulda done differentyl after u a.ssessed da situation, but we talkin bout a split second reaction people.

put da shoe on da other foot. say u had 15 seconds to live but nobody helps because theyre "smarter" den dat...
If I saw my family drowning and I couldn't swim...if I saw my family being k!lled and I had nothing to protect them...If I saw my family falling and I couldn't catch them I would have no choice but to let it happen


BUT

In this case your right, not only are they kids but they didn't know there was a sinkhole so why would they a.ssume they could not help. Maybe their brother just had fell down or got a charliehorse. First instincts are to save your blood and kin, shame they dind't have another second to to look at their second instincts...

I do disagree with what you said about the person who watched, she couldn't swim, what was she supposed to do, as an adult you need to think rationally and she did...
 7 years ago '05        #83
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 1539 1539
 killababi said:
f**k is they sayin they couldnt swim for?
It was an 18 ft sinkhole... def not their faults
When it comes to swimming it doesn't matter if its 18ft, 6ft, or 200ft. Unless its like a whirlpool and the water is literally pulling you down then it doesn't matter. Unfortunately if you're not used to being in the water you wouldn't know that and you would start to panic. Panicking is the quickest way to drown, and obviously if you don't know how to swim you're going to panic. So not only can you not swim in the first place but you're panicking and making it worse. Thus making it very difficult for someone to save you.

I learned how to swim when I was 8 or so. They had swimming my freshman year of high school. They separated the kids that could swim and the kids that couldn't. It seemed like the kids that couldn't didn't really try to learn how they would just stick to the shallow end talk most of the time. I think by the end of the class most could at least swim for a short stretch or at least do some kind of float.

I think that every kid that is physically able should be taught how to swim in school (I know not all schools have pools), but most communities have YMCA's or some kind of public pool.
 7 years ago '09        #84
stxbreed 
space
avatar space
space
$2,433 | Props total: 214 214
 SuppaSlick said:
If I saw my family drowning and I couldn't swim...if I saw my family being k!lled and I had nothing to protect them...If I saw my family falling and I couldn't catch them I would have no choice but to let it happen


BUT

In this case your right, not only are they kids but they didn't know there was a sinkhole so why would they a.ssume they could not help. Maybe their brother just had fell down or got a charliehorse. First instincts are to save your blood and kin, shame they dind't have another second to to look at their second instincts...

I do disagree with what you said about the person who watched, she couldn't swim, what was she supposed to do, as an adult you need to think rationally and she did...
well when i referred to the persons watchin i meant da kids because they were da ones bein ridiculed through out da thread. as far as da adults, i understand perfectly why they didnt GO IN to the water. bx kept sayin da kids were dumb for tryna help and im sayin wut were they supposed to do? they were in reachin distance of each other and u expect them to jus watch...
 08-07-2010, 02:01 PM         #85
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stxbreed said:
come on dawg u gotta do better den dat. so u really think helpin somebody fallin miles in thin air is da same as helpin somebody drownin?

where am i gettin a foot from? let me slow it down fo ya...were da kids not in da same vacinity of each other. one kid started drownin practically a foot in front of the other one, which led to all of em tryin to help...which lead to my statement if u can jus stand and do nothin while a family member is dyin a foot in front of u den more power to you.

did it ever cross yalls minds dat they couldnt see da sink hole. they look over and see their brother floppin insanely while they're standin straight up perfectly fine. they walk over to see wuts wrong and bam, they fall off too. yall call em stupid because they didnt say "hmm, it must be a sink hole. i was expecting this! shall i render aid? i must run to mother and father and alert them of this catastrophe at once!" of course theres a hundred thangs u coulda done differentyl after u a.ssessed da situation, but we talkin bout a split second reaction people.

put da shoe on da other foot. say u had 15 seconds to live but nobody helps because theyre "smarter" den dat...

I never said they were the same thing, but who cares. It''s the same concept. here's what u said....."if u can just stand there and do nothing as a family member dies a foot in front of you." Obviously, falling out of a plane is more of an extreme, but my point was ur family member dies in front of u whilst u do nothing. u do nothing because...wait, here it comes....because its a f**king lost cause! kinda like this example was, obviouuusly.



I misunderstood u maybe. I thought u were wondering why the people on the shore didnt do s**t. As far as the kids that died, yeah i can see why they went to save them. I was under the impression u were referring to the parents that were watching their kids drown....not the kids that were in the same vicinity




if the shoe was on the other foot, yeah, of course id want somebody to save me. but i wouldnt want my LOVED ones to die WITH me too or else then i didn't love them very much
 08-07-2010, 02:05 PM         #86
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stxbreed said:
well when i referred to the persons watchin i meant da kids because they were da ones bein ridiculed through out da thread. as far as da adults, i understand perfectly why they didnt GO IN to the water. bx kept sayin da kids were dumb for tryna help and im sayin wut were they supposed to do? they were in reachin distance of each other and u expect them to jus watch...


apparently u adressed it here becasue somebody else thought u meant the peeps on the shore. I was never saying or implying or even discussing the kids that died. only the onlookers that LIVED
 08-07-2010, 02:06 PM         #87
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SuppaSlick said:
If I saw my family drowning and I couldn't swim...if I saw my family being k!lled and I had nothing to protect them...If I saw my family falling and I couldn't catch them I would have no choice but to let it happen


BUT

In this case your right, not only are they kids but they didn't know there was a sinkhole so why would they a.ssume they could not help. Maybe their brother just had fell down or got a charliehorse. First instincts are to save your blood and kin, shame they dind't have another second to to look at their second instincts...

I do disagree with what you said about the person who watched, she couldn't swim, what was she supposed to do, as an adult you need to think rationally and she did...

^^^^ This
 7 years ago '09        #88
stxbreed 
space
avatar space
space
$2,433 | Props total: 214 214
 lyrical genius said:
apparently u adressed it here becasue somebody else thought u meant the peeps on the shore. I was never saying or implying or even discussing the kids that died. only the onlookers that LIVED
hmm. so who typed this...

 lyrical genius said:
and that sort of stupid thinking is why 5 MORE kids needlessly died instead of just the 1st one. cmon now, hindsight is 20/20 and ur still picking the stupid choice
u bashin da kids for helpin is wut sparked our debate. basically u called da kids stupid. i followed up after dis comment so i dont kno why u would think im talkin bout da folks on da shore. did u get lost or forgot wut u typed??? and since YOU started talkin bout da folks on da shore, u made other posters think i referred to them also, leadin me to address it. which brings us full circle back to da first thang i done told u, if u can jus stand their while a family member is dyin a foot in front of you den more power to you...im jus not cut from dat type of cloth.
 08-10-2010, 06:51 PM         #89
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's sad a mother having to bury her 3 sons on the same day. .I don't think swimming is a life k!ll. The only water i step into is the water that's in the tub. People who know how to swim drown; accidents happen. Could this have been prevented, yea. Could those 4 men drowning in Idaho could have been prevented? yea.... People die and in a lot of cases deaths are preventable.

There is no life skill on how to cheat death.
 08-10-2010, 07:12 PM         #90
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn they say about 9 ppl drown a day. this wasnt even on tv news
 08-10-2010, 07:51 PM         #91
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
look dude, this is what was said..."let me jump in and drown with u"




Here was ur reply:
 stxbreed said:
cant even ride wit u no more after postin dis ignorant s**t. ill risk my life for anybody in my family no matter da situation. id run in a burnin buildin, id step in front of a bullet, wutever. when its someone dat close to you in trouble, u dont stop and analyze da situation, u jus react. come on dawg 6 kids died, in which 5 died for each other. ill be damned if i jus stare at my lil sis drownin and not do nothin whether i could swim or not...


OBVIOUSLY, the dude u replied to was talking about the family cause the kids were already in the water. Naturally, the way u chimed in anybody with a good head would think u were talking about the family.


2nd, other people misunderstood u poor wording as well. dont blame that s**t on me. take responsibilty for ur own words and actions


 stxbreed said:
u bashin da kids for helpin is wut sparked our debate. basically u called da kids stupid. i followed up after dis comment so i dont kno why u would think im talkin bout da folks on da shore. did u get lost or forgot wut u typed??? and since YOU started talkin bout da folks on da shore, u made other posters think i referred to them also, leadin me to address it. which brings us full circle back to da first thang i done told u, if u can jus stand their while a family member is dyin a foot in front of you den more power to you...im jus not cut from dat type of cloth.

LAstly, quit putting words in my mouth. I told u what I meant so accept that and move on. I never bashed kids, I never called them stupid, and the only way u could come up with that is ur imagination. actually, i was calling u stupid for saying people should have jumped in. I even said something about u saying it was a foot cause that wasn't making sense to me.





u must call this bashing: "is why 5 MORE kids needlessly died instead of just the 1st one"

well genius, if 5 more kids died, then they died in vain right? thats not bashing, thats calling it like i see it


all this is juvenile though cause i already said we're arguing 2 different things but ur ego couldnt take it and u had to go back and pull past posts to try and show me up. well, like i said, look at ur 1st dumb statement u made and what u were replying to and then tell me how "clear" u were about talking about the kids.....kid





read some of my other posts, CLEARLY i wasnt talking about the kids.......


"standing there and doing nothing and somehow miraculously learning how to swim in .000000001 sec are 2 different things. trying to find a rope, stick, person that could swim isn't "doing nothing" and i guarantee, its far more productive




and where the u getting a foot from? walking through to the middle of a river when u cant swim is far more than a foot son.........."



yeah i was talking about the kids finding a rope in the water
 7 years ago '10        #92
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
:sad5:
 7 years ago '09        #93
stxbreed 
space
avatar space
space
$2,433 | Props total: 214 214
 lyrical genius said:
look dude, this is what was said..."let me jump in and drown with u"




Here was ur reply:




OBVIOUSLY, the dude u replied to was talking about the family cause the kids were already in the water. Naturally, the way u chimed in anybody with a good head would think u were talking about the family.


2nd, other people misunderstood u poor wording as well. dont blame that s**t on me. take responsibilty for ur own words and actions





LAstly, quit putting words in my mouth. I told u what I meant so accept that and move on. I never bashed kids, I never called them stupid, and the only way u could come up with that is ur imagination. actually, i was calling u stupid for saying people should have jumped in. I even said something about u saying it was a foot cause that wasn't making sense to me.





u must call this bashing: "is why 5 MORE kids needlessly died instead of just the 1st one"

well genius, if 5 more kids died, then they died in vain right? thats not bashing, thats calling it like i see it


all this is juvenile though cause i already said we're arguing 2 different things but ur ego couldnt take it and u had to go back and pull past posts to try and show me up. well, like i said, look at ur 1st dumb statement u made and what u were replying to and then tell me how "clear" u were about talking about the kids.....kid





read some of my other posts, CLEARLY i wasnt talking about the kids.......


"standing there and doing nothing and somehow miraculously learning how to swim in .000000001 sec are 2 different things. trying to find a rope, stick, person that could swim isn't "doing nothing" and i guarantee, its far more productive




and where the u getting a foot from? walking through to the middle of a river when u cant swim is far more than a foot son.........."



yeah i was talking about the kids finding a rope in the water
class is in session. take ur seat young man, pull out a pencil and paper and take notes. u may apologize for misunderstandin AGAIN after readin.

OBIVIOUSLY, the dude i replied to was NOT talkin about da family...kid
 franchise said:
story is kinda sad sure but kids was dumb as shiit.
we cant swim so lets go play in the water o snap ur drowning let me jump in and drown with u
again, why someone would think IM talkin to about da fam on shore is beyond me when dis is wut i replied to. how much clearer does it have to be ? u got lost right here in da beginnin which makes da rest of ya debate lost...kid. dis is wut i replied to wit my "1st dumb statement." Is it clear now...kid?

2nd, one other person misunderstood my wordin after YOU took it da wrong way. check da replies before yours, they all answer my subject about da kids. i dont feel like grabbin da quotes...but u kno i will kid

lastly, i will quit puttin words in your mouth. but again i ask, who typed dis:
 lyrical genius said:
and that sort of stupid thinking is why 5 MORE kids needlessly died instead of just the 1st one. cmon now, hindsight is 20/20 and ur still picking the stupid choice
u think u slick by only quotin "...is why 5 more kids needlessly died." WHAT is why 5 more kids needlessly died???????? dont worry i highlighted it for ya kid. yes i call it bashin when ol boy called em dumb as s**t and you callin there thinkin and choices stupid. no where in this quote did you type anything about ADULTS, but u kno who u did type about...THE 5 KIDS!!
But accordin to you, "CLEARLY" u never said anything about da kids...kid. if u were jus tryna call me stupid, u must b callin da kids stupid too since IM DEFENDING THEM.

dont see how dis is juvenile, dis is a discussion forum and dats wut we havin. next time shut da f**k up when grown folks is talkin...kid

class dismissed


Last edited by stxbreed; 08-11-2010 at 01:50 AM..
 08-11-2010, 07:53 PM         #94
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
look dude. Ive f**king told u what I meant 3 times over. there is a bunch of posts to back that up. Im not gonna sit here and argue worthless a.ss s**t with u. the dude that misunderstood u, quoted u. so please shut the f**k up about that.......


I even agreed with that dudes statement which is pretty much ur whole unmeaningful point: "
In this case your right, not only are they kids but they didn't know there was a sinkhole so why would they a.ssume they could not help. Maybe their brother just had fell down or got a charliehorse. First instincts are to save your blood and kin"

considering the dude said "jump in" thats how it is concievable it sounded like u meant the the adults. did the f**king dead kids jump in? ummm no. did u clarify who u were talking about in ur next post? ummmm no. not to mention every article/reporter/story was commenting on how could the parents just watch. especially after they said this in this article, ""None of us could swim," the 38-year-old told the newspaper. "They were yelling 'help me, help me. Somebody please help me.' It was nothing I could do but watch them drown one by one."

With tears rolling down her face, Louise Edwards, another witness, added: "It was hard watching them and not being able to help. Some people tried to jump in,



apparently i misunderstood u, and u misunderstood me. Accept it or dont accept it but thats what the f**k it is. time is money kid, and u must be loaded. (to spell it out for u since i know u need it, u got too much time on ur hands)
 7 years ago '05        #95
klew 227 heat pts227
space
avatar space
space
$9,280 | Props total: 782 782
Damn that's sad. RIP. I hope that woman learns how to swim instead of avoiding water for the rest of her life. She could save a life one day. Parents need to teach their children how to swim at a young age.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 64
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 43
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 43
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy