For the first time in over 5 years, The Source has officially crowned an album a "5 Mic Classic."

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which album does BOXDEN think deserves "5 Mics"?
Drake's "Thank Me Later" 30 6.76%
Big Boi's "Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty" 38 8.56%
The Roots' "How I Got Over" 130 29.28%
Eminem's "Recovery" 168 37.84%
Bun B's "Trill O.G." 7 1.58%
Rick Ross' "Teflon Don" 55 12.39%
Fat Joe's "The Darkside, Vol. 1" 16 3.60%
Voters: 444. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #201
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,241 | Props total: 19349 19349
^^uhhh cause every single album they've created is better and homie i am not one of those dudes and cling to what a reviewer thinks i just think it was their worse still not bad they never had a bad album but definitely just average...

edit: illadelph Halflife, Do You Want More, Things Fall Apart, and Game Theory are all classics imo so those are the few that imo are obviously better there other stuff is either close to classic or 4/5 the only album i think is less than great is Tipping Point and maybe Organix.

Last edited by thegoldenhero; 08-02-2010 at 11:31 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #202
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,915 | Props total: 634 634
and to you "roots" fans, if it werent for nostalgia, you would easily say how i got over stands up to their best. i love do you want more, illadelph halflife, and things fall apart personally, but this one has just as many good songs. and there are no skippables and all the verses are more than on point. gotta give this album credit. how i got over=distant relatives. both should be considered for 4.5-5 mics no question
 7 years ago '09        #203
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,241 | Props total: 19349 19349
^at of all of the albums i don't consider classic from the roots i think how i got over is probably the close to standing with there best stuff i agree with that imo it is there 5th best album and 4.5/5 and maybe i will change my mind and give it a 5 in the future i agree tho dude it is definitely on par with there best material tho.
 7 years ago '05        #204
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 jplaydadon said:
and to you "roots" fans, if it werent for nostalgia, you would easily say how i got over stands up to their best. i love do you want more, illadelph halflife, and things fall apart personally, but this one has just as many good songs. and there are no skippables and all the verses are more than on point. gotta give this album credit. how i got over=distant relatives. both should be considered for 4.5-5 mics no question
This......
 7 years ago '05        #205
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 thegoldenhero said:
^at of all of the albums i don't consider classic from the roots i think how i got over is probably the close to standing with there best stuff i agree with that imo it is there 5th best album and 4.5/5 and maybe i will change my mind and give it a 5 in the future i agree tho dude it is definitely on par with there best material tho.
no doubt I see where where ya coming from, and I guess these days there is definitely more hesitation when saying something is a classic. IMO HIGO stands up with their best, and this album, with the exception of Things Fall Apart, may have the best features that provide some absolute stunning verses, I just think this album is very well rounded yet still experimental.
 7 years ago '05        #206
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,979 | Props total: 3244 3244
The Roots as a group have the best track record of group albums IMO...it's hard to pick their best. I've always had an attachment to Illadelph, Things Fall Apart, and Game Theory though. Phrenology I think is the most underrated album in their discography though..people always swear that s**t is wack but it was just more R & B oriented. How I Got Over is up there though..s**t was too dope.

As far as the album in the source though...I think it's Recovery. HIGO deserves it more though to me.
 08-03-2010, 01:41 AM         #207
KingMenace 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'd say its The Roots joint based on the list alone.
 08-03-2010, 08:42 AM         #208
eye10sbks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WHEN IS THE LAST TIME U BOUGHT A SOURCE MAG?..........EXACTLY....WHO GIVES A f**k...NO E-BEEF...I'M JUS SAYN THOUGH...LOL
 7 years ago '06        #209
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 jplaydadon said:
for real. i hate ppl who are fans of artists or groups that won't let their new work compare to their old cuz of some sentinmental attachments or some bulls**t. ppl get so attached to what put them on said group/artist and no matter how good more recent releases are they won't put them ahead of the old s**t . cuz bottom line new roots album holds up to pretty much anything in their catalogue.
 7 years ago '05        #210
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 SHootar said:
for real. i hate ppl who are fans of artists or groups that won't let their new work compare to their old cuz of some sentinmental attachments or some bulls**t. ppl get so attached to what put them on said group/artist and no matter how good more recent releases are they won't put them ahead of the old s**t . cuz bottom line new roots album holds up to pretty much anything in their catalogue.
This is some real f**kin talk right here. How I Got Over basically contains everything I love about hip hop, and it has some of my favourite emcees, chilled production which is my most preferred and jut everything about it was what I love, hence why this is up there with my favourite Roots album ever, and dudes are too caught up with that whole that if it was 90's its automatically better, lyrically this album is fukin so ill.
 7 years ago '05        #211
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 210 210
i still think the roots and i'm glad i'm not the only one who loves their new cd, only song i don't like is web 20/20 but every song up to that point is insane. the production, the guest appearances, everything was just top notch. and i like the direction it took musically, just some s**t to vibe too, great record.

i will say this, i've been listening to that big boi album these past few days, and damn. it's slowly creeping into my top 5 of 2010 along with the roots, revolutions per minute, distant relatives, the pursuit of nappyness, and brothers (the black keys), eminem is also up there
 7 years ago '09        #212
KlaSz17 
space
space
space
$328 | Props total: 6 6
Watch Drake get it and no one takes the source seriously anymore. Even though i feel Big Boi deserves it
 08-03-2010, 10:47 AM         #213
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
the roots did great in the bx poll considering that eminem stans voted eminem >>> jesus by a landslide
2nd place is for b**ches.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy