For the first time in over 5 years, The Source has officially crowned an album a "5 Mic Classic."

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
107 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
63 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which album does BOXDEN think deserves "5 Mics"?
Drake's "Thank Me Later" 30 6.76%
Big Boi's "Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty" 38 8.56%
The Roots' "How I Got Over" 130 29.28%
Eminem's "Recovery" 168 37.84%
Bun B's "Trill O.G." 7 1.58%
Rick Ross' "Teflon Don" 55 12.39%
Fat Joe's "The Darkside, Vol. 1" 16 3.60%
Voters: 444. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #181
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,080 | Props total: 8850 8850
 sheedawg said:
How I Got Over > OB4CLII.
How I Got Over ain't no classic like OB4CL 2, How I Got Over = 4 MICS

Recovery & Teflon don overrated garbage , big boi Big Boi's "Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty was decent, bun b trill OG is his worst solo album tho the album was ok edit

Last edited by Ash10; 08-02-2010 at 09:50 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #182
Grim3y 
space
space
$122 | Props total: 1 1
Rick Ross hands down & the south is where it's at u f@cking haters !!!
 7 years ago '05        #183
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Fiya Starter said:
WTF I thought they rate the albums the month they came out or earlier. s**t recovery gotta be 2 or 3 months old by now. What they letting sales and buzz influence their ratings now.

I Love the roots but this aint a classic, and I will tell you why every album they made before this one is arguably better than this one. Especially illadelph halflife and things fall apart.

Big Boi aint capable of making a classic with Outkast, and same is for Bun B without UGK.

The source is just looking for attention.
Phrenology, Organix and Rising Down are not better, this is close to my favourite album from them next to Tipping Point, Illadelph Halflife and Things Fall Apart. With How I Got Over there seems to be a division, like dudes who reckon its "too soft", and dudes who reckon its so chilled and soulful, if anything this is the closest sounding thing to Illadelph since Illadelph.
 7 years ago '05        #184
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 ash1990 said:
How I Got Over ain't no classic like OB4CL 2, How I Got Over = 4 MICS

Recovery & Teflon don overrated garbage , big boi Big Boi's "Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty was decent, bun b trill OG is his worst solo album tho the album was ok edit
OB4CLII wasnt even the best album of last year, that IMO was Fashawn, let alone a classic, everyone jut got caught up in the whole fact that the Cuban Linx s**t is back. Album is solid, and worthy of a sequel, but its no classic at all. Seriously, if it was named anything else, it would just be another Rae solo, albeit a decent one.

I'll put Radio Daze, bar for bar an production wise against anything on OB4CLII.
 7 years ago '05        #185
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
I havnt heard all those but even without hearin all of it Eminem or The Roots the only one that deserve it from that list. Bun B has 5 mic talent but I cant see him makin a flawless album by himself, same goes for Big Boi.
err no, then he obviously doesnt have 5 mic talent is he cant do it by himself, I still dont get the hype around him.
 7 years ago '05        #186
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,434 | Props total: 25091 25091
 DJ Maximum said:
it was a good album but em aint losing no polls on boxden
...For Real....The Em Stans Stand Strong.
 7 years ago '07        #187
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
who voted for joe?
 7 years ago '08        #188
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,877 | Props total: 1155 1155
Don't care and if I did I would be biased since I only heard half the albums listed. I mean drake a great album, Big boi was a nope to me, ross had half the bangers on the mixtape already! I'm not an em fan cuz his beats suck, I need to listen to the roots, but their beats are iffy to me at best, and bun b and fat joe, well nuff said.
 7 years ago '05        #189
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
the roots
 7 years ago '06        #190
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
 sheedawg said:
Phrenology, Organix and Rising Down are not better, this is close to my favourite album from them next to Tipping Point, Illadelph Halflife and Things Fall Apart. With How I Got Over there seems to be a division, like dudes who reckon its "too soft", and dudes who reckon its so chilled and soulful, if anything this is the closest sounding thing to Illadelph since Illadelph.
Key word was arguably, if your a roots fan its hard to pick a favorite album. My personal favorite is Tipping Point, but all there albums are unique in their own way. Things fall apart is probably the album that has had the most commercial success. Even if the source gives this album 5 mics it will never get the credit it is worth because it came out in 2010. I haven't even seen a video for Dear God 2.0

On another note I'm really anticipating that new Lupe Fiasco and Jay Electronica
 7 years ago '09        #191
bmoes1 
space
space
$534 | Props total: 0 0
If its anyone other than Em or The Roots....go f--k yourself Source..:cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '05        #192
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 Fiya Starter said:
Key word was arguably, if your a roots fan its hard to pick a favorite album. My personal favorite is Tipping Point, but all there albums are unique in their own way. Things fall apart is probably the album that has had the most commercial success. Even if the source gives this album 5 mics it will never get the credit it is worth because it came out in 2010. I haven't even seen a video for Dear God 2.0

On another note I'm really anticipating that new Lupe Fiasco and Jay Electronica
Same as me. I just think people know the roots make good music, but i seriously think this is he closest thing to a classic on that list.

Is it just me, or does Distant Relatives lack any replay value whatsoever, i'm not saying it isnt dope, but that got stale pretty quick for me.
 7 years ago '10        #193
hockeysniper 
space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
 sheedawg said:

Tipping Point over Phrenology and Rising Down???

I'm going with Big Boi's album....just because imo it was the best album on the list (and also the most surprising- i thought after all the delays it would turn out to be mediocre)
 7 years ago '04        #194
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,804 | Props total: 1828 1828
I think Recovery is a 4.5 Mic album at best but if they are going to give it 5 mics then they seriously need to go back and give MMLP 5 mics.
 7 years ago '05        #195
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 hockeysniper said:

Tipping Point over Phrenology and Rising Down???

I'm going with Big Boi's album....just because imo it was the best album on the list (and also the most surprising- i thought after all the delays it would turn out to be mediocre)
Why is that hard to believe? Lyrically, production wise and cohesiveness on that album is so damn good, and Black Thought >. Phrenology is solid, but its nothing to special, and Rising Down, was so underwhelming, just basically a weaker version of Game Theory with too many lacklustre features, and yet it was still a good album.
 7 years ago '09        #196
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,233 | Props total: 19339 19339
 sheedawg said:
by far the worst roots album tipping point is the worse...but agree with everything i think how i got over is a mixture of the dark "rising down" and the jazzy "do you want more" how i got over is a 4.5 and the closest thing on the list to a classic even tho i don't think any of the picks should get a 5 but sense the last one to get a 5 was kim who cares who gets a 5 it already basically lost its cred.
 08-02-2010, 11:18 PM         #197
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 phillyCANNON said:
Who says "How I Got Over" has no replay value?

Insane. You can play that album over and over again. Easily one of the finest albums of the year, and I think it's worthy of 5 mics.
not me cause I dont like the roots period
 7 years ago '04        #198
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,915 | Props total: 634 634
 McGuire said:
How I Got Over without question.

I deleted Recovery less than an hour after I put it in my iTunes.

edit:

this thread might be he nail in the coffin for BX's credibility.
same lol
 7 years ago '05        #199
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 thegoldenhero said:
by far the worst roots album tipping point is the worse...but agree with everything i think how i got over is a mixture of the dark "rising down" and the jazzy "do you want more" how i got over is a 4.5 and the closest thing on the list to a classic even tho i don't think any of the picks should get a 5 but sense the last one to get a 5 was kim who cares who gets a 5 it already basically lost its cred.
just because the critics say it doesnt mean thats its correct. Please explain why you think Tipping Point is their worst..
 08-02-2010, 11:28 PM         #200
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's ross.. em's s**t was too wack to get 5
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago