Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
73 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
133 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
6213 pageviews
49 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Halo Reach Quitting Penalties revealed

It appears that Bungie is fed up with people leaving ranked matches. They have stated that if you keep leaving online games , you will get banned from multiplayer altogether. So if you’re a noob and you keep getting owned, you have to tough it out until the match is over. Brian Jarrard, the Community Manager of Bungie spoke to
[pic - click to view]

Xbox360Achievements
recently and told them;

“I think one of the new things people will be excited about too, is how we’re going to be able to penalize people who are habitually quitting out of games, which isn’t exactly cheating, but it creates a really negative experience for everybody else in the game, we actually have new tools now to detect that and eventually, people who do this habitually will actually be penalized,” he continued, “We want to be able to remove them from the population so they can’t make everyone else keep having a bad time.”
Personally I agree and disagree with this. First of all, if nature calls i need to leave. Also what about the people who have to leave for an important reason. Lets say I have 5 minutes to play until I have to go to work/school. If the game is not finished within 5 minutes, I will need to turn of the 360 and go. Now I know this isn’t the best example, but I feel that some people quit for important reasons. On the other hand I totally agree. I hate it when somebody leave and its 3 versus 4. I know its still possible to win, but it just makes it harder for my team to play together and watch the flank. I really want to know about how this system will works. Anyhow I trust Bungie, so I believe they will make it reasonable.

49 comments for "Halo Reach Quitting Penalties revealed"

7 years ago '08        #2
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
That's pretty coo. I wish call of duty would take the same steps
 7 years ago '04        #3
The Go 2 Guy 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$3,715 | Props total: 10 10
That's invading the rights of people playing online especially when they are paying for an xbl subscription. Because some d!ckhead wants to team k!ll me, stand around and not play or something like that and I quit instead of staying around and losing I am going to get removed from future multiplayer matchmaking? that's complete bulls**t. what they should do is put bots in instead like in gears of war 2. although bots aren't the best, at least they are something. problem solved..
 08-01-2010, 05:41 PM         #4
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Banned from multiplayer all together?? GTFOH
Thats like sayin if I dont like the game I want a full refund
 7 years ago '09        #5
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,176 | Props total: 2568 2568
Good.. and TS it's mainly for the people who continuously quit, I like what bungie always brings to the multiplayer experience.
 7 years ago '04        #6
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
 intoxicated662 said:
That's invading the rights of people playing online especially when they are paying for an xbl subscription. Because some d!ckhead wants to team k!ll me, stand around and not play or something like that and I quit instead of staying around and losing I am going to get removed from future multiplayer matchmaking? that's complete bulls**t. what they should do is put bots in instead like in gears of war 2. although bots aren't the best, at least they are something. problem solved..
Well just dont' quit then problem solved... I mean i know what you're saying but if someone does that just dont' quit...tough it out and get your points...cuz they are Banning you from playing Halo online at all...so id suggest not quitting personally tough it out...or just put the controller down and do something else if you really don't want to play that game once it starts
 08-01-2010, 05:44 PM         #7
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The key word is HABITUALLY.

I have a friend who will exit a Halo or MW2 match if the other team is better than him or his team. Like clockwork, once he starts losing or hits one death streak he's out.

I'm not even playing against him and that s**t annoys me. I support this move, Bungie. Habitual exit-wh0ores need to stay out of the game altogether. Ends up unbalancing teams and s**t.
 7 years ago '04        #8
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
 29 26 said:
Good.. and TS it's mainly for the people who continuously quit, I like what bungie always brings to the multiplayer experience.
I know it's for the people who quit alot but I mean like was said though... SOMETIMES there are legit reasons to quit...and once in a while it really is an internet or router that restarts that boots you..not your fault..granted that's not often but it does happen
 7 years ago '08        #9
kaboose 
space
space
$624 | Props total: 1 1
Thats bulls**t, just enable people to drop into games that are in progress and we wont have this problem.
 7 years ago '05        #10
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
I don't understand why they penalize people for quitting, some people have lives.

And. *GASP* they have to end games sometimes to continue to keep social lives!

Award people for staying but don't penalize others who have to quit. That's retarded, and f**king Gaylo is wack as s**t anyway.
 08-01-2010, 05:54 PM         #11
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaiMega said:
I don't understand why they penalize people for quitting, some people have lives.

And. *GASP* they have to end games sometimes to continue to keep social lives!

Award people for staying but don't penalize others who have to quit. That's retarded, and f**king Gaylo is wack as s**t anyway.
I'm guessing if your social life was popping like that you wouldn't even be playing enough to make it on the habitual-quitter list.

Leaving a few games a month to quit your session and go do something else is not a problem. Quitting and jumping in the next game, only to quit when ur a.ss is getting whooped AGAIN ... then yea we have a problem.
 7 years ago '04        #12
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
good. they need to do this for MW2 also.. I always hear these kids on the mic say "im going to dashboard my team sucks"
 08-01-2010, 11:20 PM         #13
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
The key word is HABITUALLY.

I have a friend who will exit a Halo or MW2 match if the other team is better than him or his team. Like clockwork, once he starts losing or hits one death streak he's out.

I'm not even playing against him and that s**t annoys me. I support this move, Bungie. Habitual exit-wh0ores need to stay out of the game altogether. Ends up unbalancing teams and s**t.

Fu*k people who care about stats on a video game.
 7 years ago '04        #14
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,333 | Props total: 2751 2751
I swear i hate quitters on halo especially when i just r*pe they in one match and talk alot of s**t, and then they end up on my team on the next match and then they shoot me, commit suicide and put me in negative points then quit.
 08-02-2010, 09:13 AM         #15
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KEGAR said:

Fu*k people who care about stats on a video game.
Well I wouldn't go that far. I'd like nice stats in Tekken 5 Online or some game I like, but I'll sit in through a 10 game losing streak because points come and go but once you get skill you can always get those points back.
 7 years ago '04        #16
jerzyboy 
space
space
$1,736 | Props total: 8 8
thats some bulls**t , so i just start a match and something comes up , and i have to bounce , i have to leave my xbox on till i come back? if i shut it off to leave , i come back i cant even get get on no more i would be toooo pissed
 7 years ago '04        #17
jerzyboy 
space
space
$1,736 | Props total: 8 8
 creep said:
good. they need to do this for MW2 also.. I always hear these kids on the mic say "im going to dashboard my team sucks"
i would do that s**t too , idk how many times i start a match with a 30 seconds left down like 3000 and i gotta take that free a.ss L , f**k that s**t im out i was gonna get a loss anyway , i hate that s**t and it happens everytime i get on , i swear like 3 times before i got in a game and got nuked like 3 seconds later
 7 years ago '04        #18
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,163 | Props total: 9590 9590
 jerzyboy said:
thats some bulls**t , so i just start a match and something comes up , and i have to bounce , i have to leave my xbox on till i come back? if i shut it off to leave , i come back i cant even get get on no more i would be toooo pissed
fam they said theyre going to ban people who quit habitually
if you have to bounce one or two times then youll be alright
this is for the nerds who quit everytime they start losing. that s**t takes the fun outta games
you have nothing to worry about
 7 years ago '04        #19
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
I'm with it, but Im sure they will have a number of times they can quit.
 7 years ago '05        #20
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 AyeDre said:
That's pretty coo. I wish call of duty would take the same steps
atleast cod throws people into games as the games goin. very few times have i had the other team all quit out.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
48 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
159 comments
2 days ago