most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
5943 pageviews
81 comments

TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,915 | Props total: 719 719
EVO Froyo Update!!

We're not certain that this date is going to hold -- things like this have an uncanny tendency to slip at the last possible moment -- but we're at least hopeful to see some internal Sprint communication that they're trying to get the EVO 4G updated to Froyo as soon as tomorrow, July 30. It'd be the perfect way to kick off the weekend, wouldn't it?

Turns out this is no mere 2.2 upgrade, though -- they're making a bunch of changes, too, including a host of new preloaded widgets, a flashlight mode for the camera's LED flash, light-assisted 720p video, and "improvement" to the quality of said video capture (something we specifically complained about in our review). Unfortunately, it looks like the hotspot hack might be sealed off with this update, but that really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

As we said, we're hopefully the date sticks, because Sprint has identified it as a "high priority for competitive reasons" -- in other words, these guys must be feeling the Droid heat -- but the PR is apparently going to identify the week of August 1 as the first push, so the devices getting the OTA tomorrow might just be a very small, select group to ensure that nothing spectacularly bad happens. We're pulling for you, EVO owners.

[pic - click to view]

Will you be one of the lucky few who will receive the update tomorrow? image

[pic - click to view]

EVO 4G's Android 2.2 update starts trickling out tomorrow, loads of new features and fixes in store? -- Engadget

81 comments for "EVO Froyo Update!!"

7 years ago '04        #2
Zab_JudahX 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,051 | Props total: 9 9
:dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #3
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
$17,711 | Props total: 15 15
niiiiiiiiiice
 7 years ago '06        #4
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,349 | Props total: 1426 1426
Thx man
 7 years ago '07        #5
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
these dudes better catch up... been running Froyo damn near flawlessly on the EVO for almost a month!

CM6 FTW!!!!
 7 years ago '04        #6
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,741 | Props total: 6449 6449
Bowchikabowow
 7 years ago '04        #7
Zab_JudahX 5 heat pts
space
space
 wtr1906 said:
these dudes better catch up... been running Froyo damn near flawlessly on the EVO for almost a month!

CM6 FTW!!!!
You know those custom roms never are flawless like the official Rom...this is prof cuz the day the official Rom drops they create a new release of their custom joint each time

And besides if these developers are smart enough to develop source code I wouldnt put it past some of them uploading your sensitive info to their little personal servers

I'll stick to officials

Last edited by Zab_JudahX; 07-29-2010 at 07:10 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #8
J2hott23 46 heat pts46
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 34 34
Update: It's been made official! Notifications will go out starting August 3, but Sprint's doing something extremely cool by allowing eager users to opt-in early and grab the download at their choosing. Follow the break for the full press release.

Looks like Tuesday is the offical day

Sorce:
 7 years ago '05        #9
T-Heazy 
space
space
$414 | Props total: 6 6
 Zab_JudahX said:
You know those custom roms never are flawless like the official Rom...this is prof cuz the day the official Rom drops they create a new release of their custom joint each time

And besides if these developers are smart enough to develop source code I wouldnt put it past some of them uploading your sensitive info to their little personal servers

I'll stick to officials
:fruit:
 7 years ago '05        #10
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
 Zab_JudahX said:

I'll stick to officials
We'll see how long you keep saying that when the next hot Android device rolls out and your updates stop while the custom ROM world keeps going.
 07-30-2010, 01:18 AM         #11
theboss175 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause:
 7 years ago '04        #12
Zab_JudahX 5 heat pts
space
space
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
We'll see how long you keep saying that when the next hot Android device rolls out and your updates stop while the custom ROM world keeps going.
And we wil see how long you stay in the custom Rom world once all your email,Facebook, and bank accounts get hacked.

Custom roms don't do s**t but give you a fancy a.ss wallpaper other than that they're usually a baggy piece of s**t compared to stock roms. My evo has flash out the box and thats the only feature I craved...I'm Gucci bruh
 07-30-2010, 06:54 AM         #13
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wtr1906 said:

CM6 FTW!!!!
It' s not flawless if everything in that nightly build isn't working
c'mon son tell the whole truth
 7 years ago '05        #14
DUKINS|M 
space
space
$7,305 | Props total: 37 37
If you have root and or wireless tether you don't want to update or you will lose it. FYI. If you don't know what I'm talking, you probably don't have either so don't worry about.
 7 years ago '07        #15
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
 tj.iscool said:
It' s not flawless if everything in that nightly build isn't working
c'mon son tell the whole truth

I can use everything on my EVO except 4G and its not even available where I live and please don't knock CM6 unless you have tried it. Its a lot more to it than just fancy wallpapers. If you like to wait on the 'official' release more power to you, but my phone is a lot faster than yours.... I guarantee it
 7 years ago '04        #16
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
^^^they made a build of froyo that allows you to use MMS and the camera? that's the only reason why i didn't root my phone and put that on there
 7 years ago '04        #17
Zab_JudahX 5 heat pts
space
space
We got 4G down here but honestly its not as fast as I thought it would be....Sprint/Clear needs to add some more bandwidth to those towers.

Using the speed test Android app the fastest I've gotten was 3.73Mbps down and 1.39 Mbps up

Yall hold it down with the custom roms and do yall thang, I'm hitting the htc update button every 30 mins hoping it'll give me the froyo update

Last edited by Zab_JudahX; 07-30-2010 at 09:41 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #18
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
^^when it lets you get it, post somethin in here. i want that s**t too.

we have 4g in charlotte, but unless you're in the middle of the city, it's not fast at all
 7 years ago '04        #19
Zab_JudahX 5 heat pts
space
space
Yeah I will let yall know if it does.

I live in Greensboro and i went to Raleigh last week and 4G wasn't any faster down there either. I havent been to Charlotte since I've had my Evo, what do your speeds look like?

I think Charlotte is ahead of everywhere else , I work for TWC and I know yall started rolling out Docsis 3.0 and we're still 1.1 up here :(
 7 years ago '06        #20
DJAYTNB 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$470 | Props total: 13 13
thats cause sprint uses WIMAX 4g and not LTE
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy