Marshall Mathers LP Vs Reasonable Doubt.

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Indian Chick desixchick
13 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

MMLP Vs Reasonable Doubt
Marshall Mathers LP 61 48.41%
Reasonable Doubt 65 51.59%
Voters: 126. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #61
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,971 | Props total: 1796 1796
rd>>>>mmlp
mmlp is ems only classic,album is dope but rd lyrics were on another level.
 7 years ago '04        #62
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
Jay-Z and Eminem are both all-time great, so I'm not gonna call this a landslide, both albums are top notch from a lyrical standpoint, but I'll take MMLP in terms of overall quality and significance.

RD is a great album, but it's been blown up to mythic proportions by Jay-Z's later popularity. People who love Jay-Z see it as the under-appreciated arrival of a great artist, and some people indifferent or even critical of Jay-Z see it as a show of great talent before he sold out. I still see it as it was when it came out, a 2nd tier mid-90s NY Hip-Hop album. It's not a bad thing, it's a great album, but Jay-Z would get better, and make a much better album later (Blueprint). Lyrically it's great, and most of the production is at least good, but RD didn't have much of an impact, Jay-Z didn't bring anything new that other rappers weren't doing, and he didn't really bring it all together to carve out a unique personality for himself.

MMLP, on the other hand, is the best complete work that Eminem has made, before he started using too much of his own production (TES), and before he faltered as a rapper (Encore). MMLP has great production, great rapping with displays of flow and lyricism that aren't heard often, and great songwriting, resulting in songs like "Stan."

Last edited by HHS; 07-27-2010 at 11:38 AM..
 7 years ago '08        #63
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 guncity2007 said:
None taking

But i think your tryna push your thoughts of artists on to other people even if they already state that they disagree.

I like nicki minaj ..Everyone has a different taste in music ..i also like eminem,nas,jay-z,J.Cole,Big Pun and a whole bunch of others that most would agree are true legends.. But your just tryna enforce your taste of music on to others way to much
He's giving his opinion and I'm giving my opinion

He's trynna tell me that Em ain't lyrical and I'm trying to tell him that he is?

I don't see how that's only me pushing my thoughts on people if anything it should be both us don't you think?
 7 years ago '08        #64
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,027 | Props total: 5088 5088
 Mr Crackee said:
To me, RD was kinda like a hustlers version of Illmatic. I def think its top 10 of all time. I think overall Em is more consistent lyrically throughout his discography, but MMLP aint f**kin with RD.
Now this man I can agree with except Illmatic was for hustlers too...Nas came at you from the corner and Jay came at you from the passenger seat(real n*ggas get it) Jay openly admitted that he had to dumb down(all Lupe) to get his money because n*gga's was like he don't know how to make hit songs. Em just rapped about silly s**t for a few albums and then he got depressed and all his music was boring and bland. To be honest the MMLP was the last good album he made.
 7 years ago '04        #65
R Dot 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,868 | Props total: 1058 1058
Two totally different albums both really good.....
 7 years ago '08        #66
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 Soda Pop said:
Now this man I can agree with except Illmatic was for hustlers too...Nas came at you from the corner and Jay came at you from the passenger seat(real n*ggas get it) Jay openly admitted that he had to dumb down(all Lupe) to get his money because n*gga's was like he don't know how to make hit songs. Em just rapped about silly s**t for a few albums and then he got depressed and all his music was boring and bland. To be honest the MMLP was the last good album he made.
TES wasn't good?
 7 years ago '04        #67
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,871 | Props total: 17385 17385
 Jade Yorker said:
TES wasn't good?
No.........
 07-27-2010, 11:44 AM         #68
guncity2007 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jade Yorker said:
He's giving his opinion and I'm giving my opinion

He's trynna tell me that Em ain't lyrical and I'm trying to tell him that he is?

I don't see how that's only me pushing my thoughts on people if anything it should be both us don't you think?
Okay,i agree on some of that, Thats just how i seen you coming across towards him and other people's comments in this thread,but i aint gonna get in to a debate..We both obviously clearly just see things differently
 7 years ago '08        #69
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 guncity2007 said:
Okay,i agree on some of that, Thats just how i seen you coming across towards him and other people's comments in this thread,but i aint gonna get in to a debate..We both obviously clearly just see things differently
To each our own
 7 years ago '08        #70
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 erickonasis said:
No.........
Go back and listen
 7 years ago '08        #71
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
 Jade Yorker said:
TES wasn't good?
No fam It was not, if you compare it to what you would call good music from him hell no...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

and then

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #72
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 Soda Pop said:
No fam It was not, if you compare it to what you would call good music from him hell no...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

and then

[pic - click to view]

It's your opinion and all but it's s**t.

I guess songs like Till I Collapse, Sing For The Moment, Say Goodbye Hollywood, Soldiers, Superman, When The Music Stops, White America, etc.. were s**t :rolleyes:
 7 years ago '08        #73
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
 Jade Yorker said:
It's your opinion and all but it's s**t.

I guess songs like Till I Collapse, Sing For The Moment, Say Goodbye Hollywood, Soldiers, Superman, When The Music Stops, White America, etc.. were s**t :rolleyes:
Um compared to "97' Bonnie & Clyde" "Bad Meets Evil" "Guilty Conscience" "Kill You" "The Way I Am" "Stan" "Kim" and "Just Don't Give a f**k" ... I'd say yes He needs to do a new album and let DRE do all the beats that's the only way back for him.
 7 years ago '08        #74
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 Soda Pop said:
Um compared to "97' Bonnie & Clyde" "Bad Meets Evil" "Guilty Conscience" "Kill You" "The Way I Am" "Stan" "Kim" and "Just Don't Give a f**k" ... I'd say yes He needs to do a new album and let DRE do all the beats that's the only way back for him.
None of those songs are f**king with Till I Collapse and Sing For The Moment

@ Kim and k!ll You

And I guess you haven't heard Relapse
 7 years ago '04        #75
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,871 | Props total: 17385 17385
 Jade Yorker said:
None of those songs are f**king with Sing For The Moment
 7 years ago '08        #76
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
 HHS said:
Jay-Z and Eminem are both all-time great, so I'm not gonna call this a landslide, both albums are top notch from a lyrical standpoint, but I'll take MMLP in terms of overall quality and significance.

RD is a great album, but it's been blown up to mythic proportions by Jay-Z's later popularity. People who love Jay-Z see it as the under-appreciated arrival of a great artist, and some people indifferent or even critical of Jay-Z see it as a show of great talent before he sold out. I still see it as it was when it came out, a 2nd tier mid-90s NY Hip-Hop album. It's not a bad thing, it's a great album, but Jay-Z would get better, and make a much better album later (Blueprint). Lyrically it's great, and most of the production is at least good, but RD didn't have much of an impact, Jay-Z didn't bring anything new that other rappers weren't doing, and he didn't really bring it all together to carve out a unique personality for himself.

MMLP, on the other hand, is the best complete work that Eminem has made, before he started using too much of his own production (TES), and before he faltered as a rapper (Encore). MMLP has great production, great rapping with displays of flow and lyricism that aren't heard often, and great songwriting, resulting in songs like "Stan."

I see where your coming from I think when it first came out Doubt did get the respect it deserves because it was void of the Bad Boy/death Row era huge hit...when you look at it now though I think it has to be in the top 10 albums of the 90's.
 07-27-2010, 12:16 PM         #77
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eminem got his start by rapping about crazy controversial issues. Eminem is a "shock" rapper who only say things to gain attention. This is his angle and it worked.

His single, "The Real Slim Shady," was just him poking for of fellow artists to gain attention so that everyone would pay attention.

The Real Slim Shady doesn't stand a chance when you compare it to Dead Presidents. Dead Presidents was more of an artful song. The Real Slim shady was just another tactic of Eminem's to sell records.
 7 years ago '08        #78
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 Joe Budden said:
Eminem got his start by rapping about crazy controversial issues. Eminem is a "shock" rapper who only say things to gain attention. This is his angle and it worked.

His single, "The Real Slim Shady," was just him poking for of fellow artists to gain attention so that everyone would pay attention.

The Real Slim Shady doesn't stand a chance when you compare it to Dead Presidents. Dead Presidents was more of an artful song. The Real Slim shady was just another tactic of Eminem's to sell records.
Right cause every song on MMLP is "The Real Slim Shady" type :rolleyes:
 7 years ago '07        #79
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 erickonasis said:
No.........
Did you really say your an eminem fan?!

Look at this guys posts from is user cp.....IN EVERY EMINEM THREAD he is HATING

Log off man you just exposed yourself....

Btw till I collapse and sing for the moment are in eminems top 10 songs you guys are retarted not to see that
 7 years ago '06        #80
angelo noel 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,798 | Props total: 1370 1370
Can I Live?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MMLP.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy