Grand Theft Auto V's Location Rumoured

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
66 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
110 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-27-2010, 09:41 AM         #101
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not talking to you guys from the Chicago area anymore. Obviously you guys hold strong opinions about your city.
 7 years ago '07        #102
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
it doesn't matter if we are from there or not you still talking about s**t you have no idea about
 07-27-2010, 09:47 AM         #103
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LA > Chicago

You mad?

I don't want to play GTA in Chicago.
 7 years ago '07        #104
space
space
if it's in chicago you gonna buy it and play it anyways
 7 years ago '07        #105
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6134 6134
why don't they do london or vegas or japan or something?

another f**king gta in cali? that would suck.
 07-27-2010, 09:54 AM         #106
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What is the main character going to live in, one of those townhouses? Man, come on, only a few cities can actually hold the torch, and Chicago isn't that place (no pun intended).

And if they had it in Chicago, they would actually have to edit the city and make it even more fictional because no will want to play it.

And if they made it in Chicago I wouldn't play it because it will have fail written all over it.
 7 years ago '10        #107
Kool Aid 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,956 | Props total: 1990 1990
GTA Jena
 7 years ago '05        #108
I Am... 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 49 49
 the_malicious said:
why not vegas or hawaii or TOKYO some s**t they havent done before?
next thing u know Sega is goin to war with Take 2 for tryin to muscle their yakuza franchise
 07-27-2010, 10:06 AM         #109
jay da 5-9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
don't know if it's been said but rockstar has a game coming up called l.a. noire that is set is los angeles in the 50's. i can't see them basing the next gta game out of los angeles also. i'll still play it if they do, and i'm sure it won't disappoint, i just have a hard time buying that they'd release two games with the same setting so close together.
 07-27-2010, 10:07 AM         #110
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why would they go to some foreign country? Obviously people are not ready for a huge change like that. Shenmue had more potential than GTA has ever had and look what happened to that franchise.

People in Americans are not ready for a cultural change. They want what they see on televisions and moveis: New York, LA, Miami.
 7 years ago '07        #111
space
space
 Joe Budden said:
What is the main character going to live in, one of those townhouses? Man, come on, only a few cities can actually hold the torch, and Chicago isn't that place (no pun intended).

And if they had it in Chicago, they would actually have to edit the city and make it even more fictional because no will want to play it.

And if they made it in Chicago I wouldn't play it because it will have fail written all over it.
what are you talking abouttttttt...cut it out joeski...chicago has all kinds of houses..do you know how big the city is my n*gga?...you seen a few kanye west videos and pictures and you a.ssume you know all there is to know about chicago

and i hope you don't buy it..that would be one less chump i gotta knock out of the way to mine
 07-27-2010, 10:17 AM         #112
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jay da 5-9 said:
don't know if it's been said but rockstar has a game coming up called l.a. noire that is set is los angeles in the 50's. i can't see them basing the next gta game out of los angeles also. i'll still play it if they do, and i'm sure it won't disappoint, i just have a hard time buying that they'd release two games with the same setting so close together.
GTA SA and MNC 3 were released around the same time. I'm pretty sure they are going to head back to LA. It's just the most appealing. They'll probably head somewhere else after this title because LA could be done better. They are going to make the LA equivalent of GTA IV. I just got the feeling.

If anyone who follows the GTA series, they should know this by now. In the original GTA, you could go to a places that resembled Miami, London, New York, and Cali. At least that's what I can remember.

GTA 2 was probably the only gang not based on an actual city. It was probably 100% fiction. Theses guys have been recreating the same cities forever, what makes you think they are going to change?
 07-27-2010, 10:19 AM         #113
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GTA Hong Kong :agreement6:
 7 years ago '06        #114
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,748 | Props total: 1187 1187
 tecboi said:
Please k!ll yourself

Being able to connect to the story is part of user experience dumbass. Especially in a game where there is a big storyline. Just like actors have to be able to connect to the audience in order for a film to be successful. Think about the accommodations R* would have to make for US players to understand the foreign city architecture and language etc.. You do know how detailed GTA4 is right? well, why would they put that much detail into an area that is foreign to most of it's target audience?

I guess it's possible for them to do it, but that would pretty much change the basics of the franchise since it was built around Local (US) cities. Players are already accustomed to US cities, the switch to something like hong kong would be too drastic. Don't believe, watch how horrible true crime: hong kong does when it finally drops.

Next time, don't try to argue with someone (like me) that's obviously above you intellectually.
There is too much horrible sentences to just pick one out. VIDEO GAMES DO NOT ALL TAKE PLACE IN AMERICA, yet they sell fine, they can take place in fictional worlds or other places. It takes effort to connect the player to the story no matter where it takes place, in fantasy settings you are introduced to entire worlds, impossible? Far from it

There is already a GTA: London expansion.

Dont you dare reference True Crime as if that game is in anyway comparable to Grant Theft Auto. The game wont sell because True Crime sucks, period, the last one sucked and this one will as well.

Simpleminded people move to the left because the sheer fact that you think Rockstar cannot make a GTA take place in a place other then America and be good, you should off yourself

I'm done argueing with fools though
 7 years ago '08        #115
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
the chicago houses would probably look better than those pieces of s**t that most GTA characters live in. luis and niko staying in rundown apartments. johnny sleepin on a pissy matress, cj livin at his mama's house. this joe budden dude is actin like SA/LC is poppin every time u turn a corner. most of the map is ordinary. the only thing chicago or a city like detroit would have a problem with is landmarks. a GTA french quarter tho would probably be more interesting than anything in LA, and for damn sure liberty city
 7 years ago '08        #116
El_Maravilloso1 
space
space
$3,346 | Props total: 408 408
yesss
 07-27-2010, 10:29 AM         #117
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pistol Peter said:
what are you talking abouttttttt...cut it out joeski...chicago has all kinds of houses..do you know how big the city is my n*gga?...you seen a few kanye west videos and pictures and you a.ssume you know all there is to know about chicago

and i hope you don't buy it..that would be one less chump i gotta knock out of the way to mine
Keep dreaming, this franchise is never going to Chicago. What is the character going to do? Sell bootleg liquor?

Face it, unless they are setting the game in 1920s, who wants to play GTA Chicago? What is going to be the whole angle of the game if it was based in the present?

I don't want to drive around in an old ford vehicle and shoot it out with Al Capone.
 7 years ago '04        #118
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,905 | Props total: 1146 1146
they should do chicago, imo.
 7 years ago '04        #119
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,871 | Props total: 2011 2011
They should let you be a verizon employee that gets a lists of costomers and k!lls them all b/c he is a secret spy for AT&T and you use an Iphone to hunt them down

And for the advertizement should be, a dark screen and some1 screaming then blood and in letters and a creepy voice...
"yeah i got an app for that"
 07-27-2010, 10:40 AM         #120
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee Grande said:
the chicago houses would probably look better than those pieces of s**t that most GTA characters live in. luis and niko staying in rundown apartments. johnny sleepin on a pissy matress, cj livin at his mama's house. this joe budden dude is actin like SA/LC is poppin every time u turn a corner. most of the map is ordinary. the only thing chicago or a city like detroit would have a problem with is landmarks. a GTA french quarter tho would probably be more interesting than anything in LA, and for damn sure liberty city

Chicago is not known for fancy cars or beautiful women. I mean, how would they capture the Chicago culture. Everyone know that people from the Mid-West don't have a noticeable accent.

When I play GTA IV I hear the New York influence. When I play GTA SA, I hear the LA influence. There is nothing special about Chicago, they don't stand out.

Maybe they should do it in Georgia, at least they'll bring something to the table that can distinguish them from the crowd.

Who want to hear Kanye West on the radio? Man, they don't even have enough classic music to fill the radio stations.

Chicago hasn't been popping since the 1920s. And that's what it will go down as.

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 07-27-2010 at 10:42 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy