Bryant refuses to carry Williams' pads

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
123 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-26-2010, 03:41 PM         #241
smm1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great to hear
 7 years ago '04        #242
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Can't wait to see what they do to his a.ss in the coming weeks. Might be pretty epic.
 7 years ago '05        #243
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 MythMade said:
If it was Miles or Patrick or Witten or anyone else, Dez would not have had a problem. He knows Roy Uno Uno just wanted to make him look like a b**ch because Roy feels threatened by him. This wasn't hazing, this was Roy trying to be a d!ck.
Real talk:agreement6:
 7 years ago '05        #244
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
damn Dez sounds like Mike Epps when he talk
 7 years ago '06        #245
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
 gotocollege said:
All you guys sayin "f this, i would never"... any of you ever play college ball or high school ball on an elite team? This builds team chemistry, everyone does it, when you mouth of and refuse, it makes everyone on the team think of you as a prima donna. Its not like theyre doing anything bad to him, just making him carry some pads. Pride is a great thing in football, but you should have pride in your team more than anything else.
Truth.com

Alot of keyboard self-prideful thugs on here.
 7 years ago '07        #246
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
Carry the damn pads you newbie.
 7 years ago '05        #247
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
 Bullseye said:
Carry the damn pads you newbie.
i dare not carry a n*ggas pads that im better than. even just by speculation.
 7 years ago '05        #248
dmunson318 
space
space
great and good players get that kind of respect. not a n*gga who's job im about to take and feels threatend thats why im here. roy is almost out the door but dallas knows they f**ked up on his contract. thats almost like jessie holley asking dez to carry his pads and he's just on the practice squad
 7 years ago '04        #249
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$27,063 | Props total: 6109 6109
 dmunson318 said:
i dare not carry a n*ggas pads that im better than. even just by speculation.
its not just Roys pads he said he isnt carrying anyones pads. It just so happened they put Roys name on the article. But you would know that if you actually read the article instead of just looking at the title
 7 years ago '04        #250
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
lil more insight

Cowboys deal with Williams-Bryant flap
EmailPrintComments22
By Tim MacMahon
ESPNDallas.com
Archive
SAN ANTONIO -- The Dallas Cowboys discussed Dez Bryant's refusal to carry Roy Williams' shoulder pads during a Monday morning team meeting and declared it a nonissue following the afternoon practice.

Bryant jogged off the field after practice, wearing his shoulder pads and carrying nobody else's. He did not speak with the media, a first for the first-round pick during his rookie training camp.

Williams won't ask Bryant to carry his shoulder pads again, but the veteran receiver cracked a smile as he threatened to run up a big bill when the rookie paid for a meal.

More on the Cowboys

Calvin Watkins and Tim MacMahon have the Cowboys blanketed for ESPNDallas.com. Check in with their constantly updated coverage. Blog

"If he doesn't want to take the pads, he doesn't have to take the pads," Williams said. "It's not a big deal. We'll just move on.

"We talked about it. He wants to concentrate on football. We're going to let him concentrate on football. But, when we go out to eat, I'm gonna be a little bit more hungry and a little bit more thirsty."

It's a common NFL rite of passage for a rookie to carry the shoulder pads of a veteran who plays the same position. Undrafted quarterback Matt Nichols carried Tony Romo's shoulder pads after Monday's practice.

However, Wade Phillips said rookies on his team don't have to do perform any such tasks if they don't want to. The Cowboys' rookies sing in front of the team every year and the veteran offensive linemen give their rookie brethren intentionally awful haircuts, but Phillips said those are voluntary activities.

"I don't believe that you need to initiate anybody," Phillips said. "They need to come out and play football and be a part of the team."

Phillips' evening press conference consisted primarily of questions and answers about Bryant's refusal to carry Williams' shoulder pads. Phillips said he felt the need to discuss the matter with his team because it got so much media attention.

"It's really a nonissue," Phillips said. "It's not a problem for either of them or our football team. I'd like to cut it off now and say we're not going to talk about it, but that's not the case for the Dallas Cowboys."

Several Cowboys veterans either declined to discuss the matter or gave curt answers.

"We'll take care of that in-house," said tight end Jason Witten, one of the team's captains. "We'll take care of it. Rest a.ssured, everything will be squared away."

Added linebacker Bradie James, another captain: "It's nothing. I mean, you guys have got to talk about it, so you guys talk about it. For us, it's nothing. Think about it -- it's nothing. It just so happened to be Dez Bryant."
 7 years ago '09        #251
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
 slimwillie said:
Derrick Brooks was a beast.....
Yes Indeed, True Beast At that!!!

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #252
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
All the other rookies carrying s**t probably like
 7 years ago '06        #253
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,838 | Props total: 1998 1998
roy aint done s**t lol he should carry dez pads...
 7 years ago '05        #254
dmunson318 
space
space
 NoLedge18720 said:
its not just Roys pads he said he isnt carrying anyones pads. It just so happened they put Roys name on the article. But you would know that if you actually read the article instead of just looking at the title
f**k reading that article i where roy said something about 2 piece or two stepping or some s**t. how about f**king playing to your potential and then worrying about some one carrying your pads. since u suck so bad how bout u carry everybodys pads
 7 years ago '05        #255
dmunson318 
space
space
 NoLedge18720 said:
besides didn't nobody else come up to him and pull the s**t roy pulled.
 7 years ago '04        #256
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$27,063 | Props total: 6109 6109
 dmunson318 said:
f**k reading that article i where roy said something about 2 piece or two stepping or some s**t. how about f**king playing to your potential and then worrying about some one carrying your pads. since u suck so bad how bout u carry everybodys pads
is that english
 7 years ago '07        #257
Sincere730 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,648 | Props total: 6017 6017
 keithbm1111 said:
all the other rookies carrying s**t probably like
lmaoooooo
 7 years ago '05        #258
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 676 676
as much as i hate the f**kboys.... watch how this goes under the radar when dez has won offensive ROY and leads the team in receiving.... now he'd be a certified b**ch n*gga if he tries to do this to rookies next year when he said he wouldnt do it himself... but thats just me.., he's right he isnt getting paid to carry pads... tradition or not...
 7 years ago '06        #259
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 38 38
 rippac4 said:
damn Dez sounds like Mike Epps when he talk
co f**king sign thats wat popped into my head
 07-27-2010, 03:08 AM         #260
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Keith Bulluck, brand new New York Giant, on the Dez Bryant Pads Situation, via NFL Network:

"That's something that they have to take care of down there. I'm kinda interested, that'll tell alot about the Dallas Cowboys as a team, to see how they handle that... Ya know, their Rookie #1 Draft Pick acting the way he's acting, being defiant... But um, ya know, that's for them to handle.

There is no Rookies that are gonna be doing that here... I know the vets we have on this team, we're not going for that... So if any NY Giant Rookies are watching, get that out of your mind right now.

Interviewer: So what would Keith Bulluck have done in that situation in Roy Williams shoes?

Yeah I probably would bury the Rookie if they ever tried to, ya know, try me like that."
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy